PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Major Mental

zetaetatheta
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Congrats....you're buying right?:drink:

Mental
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 08:33 AM
What, with all the beer I have left from the WSBK?!?!

Thanks
Maj (sel) Mental

CELO
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 08:51 AM
did someone say beer!?

JohnEffinK
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Congrats Mental.

Keep up the fight out there. I have recently been sprung free from the "penetentiary" out east.....

John

Tipys
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 09:10 AM
What mental got a promotion for spending all day on the internet. I need a job like that.

Congrats mental

636chick
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Congrat's Mental :drink:

So does this mean I have to answer you with SIR YES SIR............Ick just leaves a bad taste in my mouth :blowup:

On a serious note though seeing as how alot of us know Mental, does this scare the hell outta anyone else. Holy carp!!!!!!! :shocked:

mtnairlover
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Sweet! Congrats Mental (Ward)...tee hee...:)

Captain Obvious
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Congrats!!!!! That is great. But you will never be a Major Payne. :)

64BonnieLass
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 09:49 AM
That is wonderful news. Congratulations on your promotion to Major. I'm very happy for you. :)

Snowman
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Congratulations Major…
Does this mean you can play with bigger guns now?

Captain Obvious
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Do yall tack on your crows or the equivalent for your patches? This was the NAVY and was before the over PC-ing of the military, but that was standard after a promotion.

dallas
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Congrats!!!!! That is great. But you will never be a Major Payne. :)
He may not ever be Major Payne, but he will always be a Major Pain In The Ass!!!! Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats man.

Filo
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Wow Mental, a Major at 19! Pretty good. Of course, you still have to call me Colonel. Congratulations on your promotion.

zetaetatheta
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 10:42 AM
What mental got a promotion for spending all day on the internet. I need a job like that.

Congrats mental
College my boy, college!

Mental
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Thank you all for the kind words. The Air Force doesn't "frock" like the Navy (that sounds dirty, but really it isn't) So it will be a little over a year before I actually wear the rank. No I don't get bigger guns, in fact as you rise in the AF, they tend to move you away from guns. I will be headed back to the mighty Eyes of the Eagle in September (AWACS) so count on a "get rid of all our booze" party before then. The rules say no "tacking" of rank in promotion ceremonies, but yeah it happens, and anyone worth their salt realizes its an act of respect and camaraderie, so I expect to punched a few times. But it will all be fat AF field grade flyers so I'm not to worried about it.

Tipys
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Hey mike I went to college. But my degree is about as useless as mental's is. I really wish I could spell that word right now. But as mental has done well with his degree in that useless course of study though. :D

y_merkle
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Congratulations on your promotion

Captain Obvious
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 12:10 PM
He may not ever be Major Payne, but he will always be a Major Pain In The Ass!!!! Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats man.

hahaha, I'll set em up, you knock em down. :)

Captain Obvious
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 12:11 PM
The rules say no "tacking" of rank in promotion ceremonies, but yeah it happens, and anyone worth their salt realizes its an act of respect and camaraderie, so I expect to punched a few times. But it will all be fat AF field grade flyers so I'm not to worried about it.

Ahhh, plus being in the Air Force, they punch from the elbow, so you should be safe.

GSXRJOHNNY
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Congrats!!! and I'll drink to that... !!!

RajunCajun
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Congrats!! http://www.1000rr.net/forums/images/smilies/th_salute.gif

COS Mille
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Way to go Menal, tacking on is alive and well. As a SNCO I never took advantage of an officer in that tradition............but for you (and now that I'm retired) I'll have to make an exception!