PDA

View Full Version : heres what ive been up to

zach1colo
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 04:40 PM
bike when i got herhttp://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2007/10/10/bikepics-1052178-full.jpg

zach1colo
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 04:42 PM
After swingarm conversion
http://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2008/05/16/bikepics-1290703-full.jpg

zach1colo
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 04:44 PM
After New Goodies Mock Up
http://w4.bikepics.com/pics/2009/03/08/bikepics-1592764-800.jpg

Tipys
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Wanna be Buell

XJ600s
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Kinda sad to see such a nice looking old school bike (with clean plastics) be ripped apart like that. But I'm sure you had your reasons for the project, everyone does. Then again, I'm a fan of the stock old school sport bike look, hence why I'm working on restoring one myself.

Good luck with the project, its definitely taking shape and looks like the end result will look good. By the way, what swingarm is that from? I've seen guys replace their FZR600 swingarms with that exact one, and they always look amazing.

chad23
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I would like to see her finish. I do like the single sided swingarm, but the buell front is so distinctive of ....buell
Keep us posted as she comes along

dallas
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I like the more modern look better.

Brat
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 10:02 AM
i like the way its going, itll be unique. i love the sssa. thatsa mod i have planned as well. definitely looking forward to it done eh!! looking good :)

jimwallace
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 10:49 AM
i want to know where youre finding these parts at affordable enough prices to justify this kind of project......

BigE
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Cool project:up: So...ya planning on lengthening the side stand or just carrying the 2x4 with everywhere? :D

Brat
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 11:17 AM
i want to know where youre finding these parts at affordable enough prices to justify this kind of project......
its a honduh there are honduh parts everywere.
btw zach i love the way the back the 600rr tail section looks with the sssa. makes it look sooo more agressive over teh stock tail section. get it together and roll through the hoodsometime id love to see it in person eh. :siesta:
Brat

Kanabiis
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 05:40 PM
VFR750 swingarm? I always loved that conversion.... was so sexy on the old 900RRs.

Brat
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 10:57 AM
i think its gonna be a sweet bike to see around town when he's done. and thats coming from a anti honduh guy. :) good work again, i must see the sssa in person. as a ducati sssa is on my list of conversions too eh. you beat me to it man.... :P

zach1colo
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 12:34 PM
well its coming along i basicly took parts from my fav bikes and put em all on one...BTW i love the buell front i think it looks mean and i was going for the unique look

The first pics dont really show it but the oldschool plastics were rough upper broke off no windscreen... lots of cracks ans scratches... i rode a few times with some of you guys when it was like that.

as far as parts and cost i found the entire swingarm wheel brakes and sprocket for 450 dollars and then all was needed was a few mods to stock frame and 2 bushings that a machinest where i used to work made me for a bottle of wild turkey the rest of the stuff was e bay bargians i was patient the 1000rr tail subframe subframe tray and seat for a lil over 100 bux and the buell lights bracket and upper for bout the same..

I just finished up the front fairing bracket and got that ready to go .. i also will go wed and get the material to hang the rear subframe... and start on thet

ONLY thinng i wont be able to do myself is the undertail exaust i got the can im using just need some help fabbing pipes does anybody do that kinda stuff on the side and will be willing to help????

Brat
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 12:40 PM
dallas can weld, im sure a larry the cable guy tshirt would getter done... :D

Mental
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 12:46 PM
...ONLY thinng i wont be able to do myself is the undertail exaust i got the can im using just need some help fabbing pipes does anybody do that kinda stuff on the side and will be willing to help????

PM Dallas. He has mad welding and fab skills