PDA

View Full Version : FedEx Office Provides Free Resume Printing on March 10

Nick_Ninja
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 06:52 PM
For those that need to stock pile:

http://news.van.fedex.com/freeresumeprinting

XJ600s
Tue Mar 10th, 2009, 07:53 PM
doh! I'm in the process of getting my resume ready to be sent off (soon to be college grad and all). I guess I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way, pay for the paper myself. :(

rforsythe
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 07:26 AM
If anyone needs help with a resume proofread or whatever, just holla. I'm not a recruiter but I've interviewed quite a few people and looked at even more resumes, some good, a lot bad. That line about the resume being your first impression is no bullshit, I've seen people lose an interview just because the res sucked completely. Hint: If it's more than two pages long, or a hiring manager has to piece your skills together like a jigsaw puzzle, you will not get hired.

Anyway, the offer is there for CSC'ers who need the help.

XJ600s
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 07:41 AM
If anyone needs help with a resume proofread or whatever, just holla. I'm not a recruiter but I've interviewed quite a few people and looked at even more resumes, some good, a lot bad. That line about the resume being your first impression is no bullshit, I've seen people lose an interview just because the res sucked completely. Hint: If it's more than two pages long, or a hiring manager has to piece your skills together like a jigsaw puzzle, you will not get hired.

Anyway, the offer is there for CSC'ers who need the help.

Thanks for that, I may just take you up on it. I'm currently working with career services on campus to finalize my resume, but the girl I worked with said it was already a great resume/cover letter. I just needed to do a little editing.

I may get in contact with you after I meet with a couple of professors in the field too, who know the lingo and can see how effective it would be for the type of jobs I'm applying to.