PDA

View Full Version : 3/22 trackday - Camping 3/21 (UPDATED)

rybo
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Hello all,

DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST THERE WILL BE NO CAMPING AT PUEBLO THE NIGHT BEFORE THE EVENT. I'VE REMOVED THE CAMPING ITEM FROM THE LIST ON THE WEBSITE

looking forward to seeing all of you on the 22nd.

Scott

http://ChicaneTrackDays.com/register.html

McVaaahhh
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Well that sucks... :down:

Maybe in my older age I'm getting dimentia or Alzheimer's or something like that, but I thought the new manager said nothing was going to change.

Fuggin politicians... :guns:

rybo
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Brian,

The new management didn't ever say that, in fact they said that they hoped to make a lot of changes including making the crossover safer, improving pavement quality, correcting turn 10...

These are all changes we WANT to see.

They also have had issues at the track (not related to us mind you) where the people camping have done damage to the facility. We can't fault them for wanting to protect it.

McVaaahhh
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Brian,

The new management didn't ever say that, in fact they said that they hoped to make a lot of changes including making the crossover safer, improving pavement quality, correcting turn 10...

They also have had issues at the track (not related to us mind you) where the people camping have done damage to the facility. We can't fault them for wanting to protect it.

I guess I am getting Alzheimers then. :lol:

Tipys
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 09:40 AM
This reminds me got any slots still open scott?

Sortarican
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Bummer, but with showers, bathrooms, trash, and such I guess it's not too much to expect that there'd be a charge.
But security? I doubt they need that, at least from us.

Scott, you should see if they'd go for a damage deposit. Refundable if we don't cause any damage.
Just an idea.

ALso, is camping outside in the dirt track area free and permited?

rybo
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 09:42 AM
This reminds me got any slots still open scott?

yup!

Use the link above to register! I've got space for you!

Scott

McVaaahhh
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Brian,

I didn't WANT to see open track days go away.

I camped outside the gates one time, nobody said anything about it to me.

rybo
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Bummer, but with showers, bathrooms, trash, and such I guess it's not too much to expect that there'd be a charge.
But security? I doubt they need that, at least from us.

Scott, you should see if they'd go for a damage deposit. Refundable if we don't cause any damage.
Just an idea.

Jeff,

I don't know about the dirt area outside the gate.

The whole operation is becoming MUCH more professional. They have established policies and procedures for things like camping and track rental that didn't exist before and I want to give them a chance to try them out and see if they work.

I will take the comments and ideas to them as we do an after event review of how it went.

Thanks for the ideas

Scott

Tipys
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Sweet will do that as soon as I get on a real computer.

But I do also second jeffs question

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Open camping is no longer permitted in the paddock the night before an event. I can get the paddock opened for camping, but have to pay for security to do so.If you're renting the track and you have to pay your own insurance. Why can't you be your own security? Just say Ralph is your security guard. Does hiring an outside source guarantee anything more than the rules you already have in place?

I'm also curious what damage has been caused. We have camped there many times and we were usually one of a very few camping. I've NEVER seen anything going on at night.

The damage was probably caused by local kids who can just come and go as they please..

Sean
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Scott, is that 3 day pass only being sold till the 15th of this month?

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I'm guessing that the passes are if you want to actually use the track, right? Would I have to pay anything if I just want to ride to the track and watch ya'll go round and round?

rybo
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Scott, is that 3 day pass only being sold till the 15th of this month?

3 day passes will be available after the 15th, but the price is going to go up to $389

I'm guessing that the passes are if you want to actually use the track, right? Would I have to pay anything if I just want to ride to the track and watch ya'll go round and round?

No charge for spectators! Please do come down and see what it's all about!

You will need to sign the track waiver to get in, but that's it!

scott

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 02:00 PM
schweet! I may have to do just that!

Sean
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 02:06 PM
3 day passes will be available after the 15th, but the price is going to go up to $389:up:

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I guess, once again, I asked a stupid question?

rybo
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 09:36 PM
No sorry dean...missed it earlier

My rental period doensn't start till 7:00 AM on the 22nd. Same with my insurance.

Scott

jgixxer1
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 07:44 AM
I've never been on a track before so this may be a stupid question. Are any spectators aloud to be in any of the corners to snap pic? If not, how do you go about getting some action shots?

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 10:15 AM
No sorry dean...missed it earlier

My rental period doensn't start till 7:00 AM on the 22nd. Same with my insurance.

ScottI guess that's what ya call a technicality. That sucks!!

The casual track day is truly gone. One of the big things we really liked about going down to Pueblo was camping the night before. Made for a great weekend, we'd usually hit Canon City for some dirt then ride the last day at the track. One time we even brought the boat. Even Pueblo Res. is ruined with all the Zebra muscles. Bummer!!

daemon
Sat Mar 14th, 2009, 04:09 PM
what time does this shindig start scott???
can you call me?

Sean
Sat Mar 14th, 2009, 04:16 PM
can you call me?
Mayo, I could be a little off but I think:

8:00 registration/tech inspection is open
8:30 riders meeting (mandatory)
9:00 track goes hot (usually fast group first)
12-1 lunch
4-5 track goes cold

Like I said, I could be a little off, but this is probably close.

daemon
Sat Mar 14th, 2009, 04:25 PM
thanks sean.
i'm still looking for someone that may have open space in their trailer for the ride down in the morn.
that's awful early to be riding all the way to pueblo.
i have thought about getting those cheap ramps at harbor freight to load the bike.
i would rather have the open space on a trailer though.
i'm hoping to get in there though for the trackday.

please note that you "quoted" me and i will erase my ### later.
could you do so in your quote???
thanks

Sean
Sat Mar 14th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Mayo, Yeah, if you can, get it in some sort of trailer. It's a really good idea "in case" something were to happen. Hopefully it won't, but even a little lowside is going to make riding back to Greely not-so-fun. Wish I could help you with a trailer :(

rybo
Tue Mar 17th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I've never been on a track before so this may be a stupid question. Are any spectators aloud to be in any of the corners to snap pic? If not, how do you go about getting some action shots?

You are welcome to come and spectate for free. Photos can be taken in the paddock, but non-authorized personnel will NOT be allowed beyond that point. There are a couple of people who will be authorized to access the track area for action shots.

There are three corners that can be seen pretty well from the paddock area. Turn 7, 9 and 10 can all yield good photo opportunities.

Thank you!

can you call me?

Basic schedule (will be posted elsewhere soon)

7:00 - Gate at track opens
7:30 - Tech and Registration Opens
8:00 - ALL RIDER MEETING
8:30 - Intro classes begin
9:00 - Track goes hot (advanced)
9:20 - Intermediate Group
9:40 - Beginner group
Continues till lunch
12:00-1:00 - Lunch (track cold) Cafe at Pueblo WILL NOT be open at this event.
1:00 - Track goes hot (advanced)
1:20 - Intermediate
1:40 - Beginner
till
5:00 - track goes cold for the day.

Thanks

Scott