PDA

View Full Version : Proton Flush mount turn signals?

R6biker122
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Just ordered some today. Pretty stoaked because they have the strobe effect so i will be seen by cagers. Besides the strobe effect these things are so bright and look good! Anybody have any installed on their bike? i was thinking about doing it myself. . I dunno if i want to though.http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

Sean
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 12:25 PM
I'm not familiar with these particular signals, but if they install like every other turn signal, it's not hard at all on your bike. Pull off the bottom plastics, the turn signal is held on by a nut, and there are two wires that you can cut and reattach. Not bad at all. Just double check the instructions to make sure they don't require anything special :dunno: good luck :up:

Sully
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Sean would volunteer to help you but he is sucking oil out of his boss' bike... :bigeyes: :mrt:

Sean
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Sean would volunteer to help you but he is sucking oil out of his boss' bike... :bigeyes: :mrt:Actually, the boss' bike is up and running. Most of the oil wound up all over Aracheon's sweatshirt :oops: Next time I might even warn him before I turn over the engine when the sparkplugs aren't in :lol:

R6biker122
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I'm not familiar with these particular signals, but if they install like every other turn signal, it's not hard at all on your bike. Pull off the bottom plastics, the turn signal is held on by a nut, and there are two wires that you can cut and reattach. Not bad at all. Just double check the instructions to make sure they don't require anything special :dunno: good luck :up:

Yeah i was watching some youtube videos on installating. It seems like i need some tools that see which current is running and such. I don't mind sodering either, but the fairing might be tricky to get off.

Jim_Vess
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Just ordered some today. Pretty stoaked because they have the strobe effect so i will be seen by cagers. Besides the strobe effect these things are so bright and look good! Anybody have any installed on their bike? i was thinking about doing it myself. . I dunno if i want to though.http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

I've got them on my R6. :up:

You should be able to do it yourself, it's a no-brainer. The instructions will tell you which wires to connect for each effect. I think it took me a little over an hour to install them and I was taking my own sweet-ass time.

The owner's manual will tell you how to get the fairings off.

Regarding the wiring, the black wires are the grounds, left signal brown is hot, right signal green is hot.

Cars-R-Coffins
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 08:45 PM
I've got them on my R6. :up:

You should be able to do it yourself, it's a no-brainer. The instructions will tell you which wires to connect for each effect. I think it took me a little over an hour to install them and I was taking my own sweet-ass time.

The owner's manual will tell you how to get the fairings off.

Regarding the wiring, the black wires are the grounds, left signal brown is hot, right signal green is hot.

Exactly what he said :hump:

R6biker122
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Nice thanks guys! when i get them in the mail i will prolly have a couple questions.. il holler if i do.

swademaster
Wed Mar 11th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Pretty stoaked because they have the strobe effect so i will be seen by cagers.

Cagers still won't see you.