PDA

View Full Version : Any track weekends coming up for Noobs?

noskills
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Are there any plans in the works for a track weekend that include a training day? If nothing local is being planned, what are my best options to get training at a track larger than IMI? May is the month that I go over the hill and I figure it's now or never.

Thanks,

Toby

Edit: I spoke too soon. I just caught this http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29572 Upon initial read I thought it was for experienced riders only, but then I saw the MRA training link. Any other training classes?

UglyDogRacing
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Are there any plans in the works for a track weekend that include a training day? If nothing local is being planned, what are my best options to get training at a track larger than IMI? May is the month that I go over the hill and I figure it's now or never.

Thanks,

Toby

Edit: I spoke too soon. I just caught this http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29572 Upon initial read I thought it was for experienced riders only, but then I saw the MRA training link. Any other training classes?

March 22nd at Pueblo. check out http://www.chicanetrackdays.com/

rforsythe
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 01:48 PM
www.chicanetrackdays.com <-- There is a track day next Sunday on March 22nd in fact, which has morning training for noobs! How convenient is that!

hcr25
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 01:52 PM
www.chicanetrackdays.com (http://www.chicanetrackdays.com) <-- There is a track day next Sunday on March 22nd in fact, which has morning training for noobs! How convenient is that!

YOU ARE TO SLOW! :)

rforsythe
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 01:58 PM
YOU ARE TO SLOW! :)

You're just saying that because you pass me repeatedly on the track. :(

konichd
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 02:00 PM
I think Scott's "New rider orientation" is full for the 22nd?

MRA race class is at HPR on April 11-12 :)

hcr25
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 02:04 PM
You're just saying that because you pass me repeatedly on the track. :(

Lol, there is always someone faster.

And Jim got me to but i checked before i posted the info :)

rforsythe
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Lol, there is always someone faster.

And Jim got me to but i checked before i posted the info :)

I think Jim and I hit the button within seconds of each other. :)

rybo
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I think Scott's "New rider orientation" is full for the 22nd?

New rider orientation ISN'T full, but my "never ever" free sessions are.

If you would like to take the new rider orientation course it is available free of charge when you sign up and pay for a trackday.

Thank you!

Scott
www.chicanetrackdays.com

noskills
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 04:11 PM
New rider orientation ISN'T full, but my "never ever" free sessions are.

If you would like to take the new rider orientation course it is available free of charge when you sign up and pay for a trackday.

Thank you!

Scott
www.chicanetrackdays.com (http://www.chicanetrackdays.com)

Super tempted. The price seems right. 120.00 right? Will the lessons put me in a place that I can ride PMP and maybe other tracks during open track days?

I currently have Full gear (two piece full zip suit), no coolant and no mirros, Pilot power rear and pilot power 2ct front. Am I good?

How much bike prep do you need to do the MRA class at HPR?

Sean
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Super tempted. The price seems right. 120.00 right? Will the lessons put me in a place that I can ride PMP and maybe other tracks during open track days?

I currently have Full gear (two piece full zip suit), no coolant and no mirros, Pilot power rear and pilot power 2ct front. Am I good?

Best money you'll ever spend. The only other things you will need are:
Boots- over the ankle
gloves- gauntlet style, over the wrist
50% brake pad
50% tire tread
back protector

daemon
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 04:54 PM
i still need the gauntlet gloves.
otherwise i'm all set for the "novice" class.....

noskills
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Best money you'll ever spend. The only other things you will need are:
Boots- over the ankle
gloves- gauntlet style, over the wrist
50% brake pad
50% tire tread
back protector

Gear. Check! I now have my work shift covered. Looks like I'm signing up.

Anyone know if the PMP intro will allow me to ride open track days at other tracks? Also how much bike prep does the MRA class require?

rybo
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 05:05 PM

How much bike prep do you need to do the MRA class at HPR?

You've got the price right!

Shiny has the bike/gear prep right.

The course is a "basic track orientation" course and you will get a card saying that you've completed the course with Chicane. Other tracks in the area have stated that they will honor this as proof of previous training.

MRA prep isn't much more rigorous. If your bike passes tech at my event it will pass tech for the MRA class. If you want to do the mock race at the end of the MRA event you bike must have a steering damper installed.

Hope to see you there!

Scott

rybo
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 05:06 PM
i still need the gauntlet gloves.
otherwise i'm all set for the "novice" class.....

What size are your hands?

I might have something that fits you and you're welcome to borrow them!

s

Sean
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 05:08 PM
What size are your hands?

I might have something that fits you and you're welcome to borrow them!

s+1 Mayo, I'm sure mine will fit yours.

daemon
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 05:28 PM
thanks guy's.
i'm pretty sure i'm an XL.....long fingers.....:hump:

Sean
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 05:32 PM
thanks guy's.
i'm pretty sure i'm an XL.....long fingers.....:hump:Mine should fit, I have meat hooks for hands. :banghead:

noskills
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 05:37 PM
You've got the price right!

Shiny has the bike/gear prep right.

The course is a "basic track orientation" course and you will get a card saying that you've completed the course with Chicane. Other tracks in the area have stated that they will honor this as proof of previous training.

MRA prep isn't much more rigorous. If your bike passes tech at my event it will pass tech for the MRA class. If you want to do the mock race at the end of the MRA event you bike must have a steering damper installed.

Hope to see you there!

Scott

Alrighty then. The bike is sound but has only had the mirrors pulled and the coolant dumped at this point. As long as I'm not required to be race wired then I'm all set.

See ya there.

Sean
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I just thought of tapeing all lights and/or disconnecting them. Usually pretty easy and painters tape is $3-5 at Home Depot.

konichd
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 06:15 PM
thanks guy's.
i'm pretty sure i'm an XL.....long fingers.....:hump:

Daemon I have some A-stars GP gloves that should work for you if you need them. ;) KAWIFTW!

dirkterrell
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Mike, I've got some A-stars GP Plus gloves in XXL if you need to borrow them. They are my second backup race gloves and practically new but broken in.

Dirk

cromer611
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Mike, I've got some A-stars GP Plus gloves in XXL if you need to borrow them. They are my second backup race gloves and practically new but broken in.

Dirk

the gp ones are the ones with your pinkie and ring finger stitched together right?

racedk6
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 11:59 PM
the gp ones are the ones with your pinkie and ring finger stitched together right?

yup

dirkterrell
Fri Mar 13th, 2009, 07:37 AM

Correct.

Dirk

WidowmakerDutch
Fri Mar 13th, 2009, 07:53 AM
I am attending the beginner course and can't wait to get on the track with this new bike. Last IMI day got me hooked. I just need some boots, pants with pucks and a few more shots of patron :drink:and I'll be ready to go,lol.

Sean
Fri Mar 13th, 2009, 08:22 AM
I am attending the beginner course and can't wait to get on the track with this new bike. Last IMI day got me hooked. I just need some boots, pants with pucks and a few more shots of patron :drink:and I'll be ready to go,lol.I started a new thread in the trackday section, for anybody that needs gear to get their ass on the track and tear it up!