PDA

View Full Version : Any Jobs in San Diego??

RajunCajun
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Hey Guys and Gals! I'm considering moving to San Diego with my sister, possibly next month, but just throwing it out there for now. Does anyone have any connections or peeps out there, that might be looking for workers? I'm flying there next week to take the San Diego PD entrance exams but would need something in the mean time. I have a mechanical engineering degree but have worked manual labor as well as security n bars and clubs (bouncer type stuff). For those of you that don't know me, I'm 5'8" and 220lbs so I make a pretty good bouncer, even for a short dude. I'm the guy in my avatar on the tiny bike.

I know it's like 1/10 unemployed but my girl loves the area and I have family out there that I really miss being close to....

Anyway, my email is elliotmallet@gmail.com. If you know anybody, I would REALLY appreciate it!!

Thanks,
Elliot

chad23
Thu Mar 12th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I got nothing for you, but best wishes and good luck

SaShWhO
Fri Mar 13th, 2009, 09:30 AM
congrats on moving to one of the most expensive places in the US.
I lived in SD for 8 yrs and loved it but it's freakin super expensive especially to rent or buy a house.
good luck.

asp_125
Fri Mar 13th, 2009, 09:37 AM
What area of SD? I have friends up in North County and San Marcos area. Great riding weather and nice roads. Jealousy. ... but expensive, although I hear a lot of homes are in foreclosure so there may be some cheap deals to be had. Sorry bout the job leads, I got nuthin'.

MetaLord 9
Fri Mar 13th, 2009, 09:37 AM
You know, San Diego is Spanish for "Whale's Vagina."

Stay classy Elliott

Mother Goose
Fri Mar 13th, 2009, 09:46 AM
You know, San Diego is Spanish for "Whale's Vagina."

Stay classy Elliott
German. ;)

McVaaahhh
Fri Mar 13th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Damn Elliott, WTF man?

RajunCajun
Fri Mar 13th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Well, my sister, that I'm really close to, may be moving out there. I've been out of Louisiana for about 4 years, and am starting to miss being around family, a lot! Plus, I'm going broke out here and can't find a freaking job. My hope was to get in the Denver PD but they aren't accepting application until 2010, so I'm kinda screwed on that one. If I do well on my tests next week and get into the San Diego PD, I'm moving for shore, but that's 3-5 month for hiring time. My girl is from northern Cali and loves SD as well. All of her family is in Cali and I want to make her happy as well, seeing as I am hoping to marry her in next couple years, ya know.

I know it's tough times in Cali, but it's the second most beautiful place I've ever been so it would't be that tough to move there. Plus, if my sister needs the help, I'm gonna try to help her out....

MikeG
Fri Mar 13th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Good luck with the move, I've heard that California is doubling the car registration fees and sales tax to avoid the state going into bankrupcy

SaShWhO
Fri Mar 13th, 2009, 01:58 PM
to get on with the SDPD these days you gotta be fluent in Mexican!
just FYI.
Try the Border patrol also!

RajunCajun
Fri Mar 13th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Yeah, it's not for sure yet, just thinking bout it.. And I don't speak Mexican, it would help, though.....

dchd1130
Fri Mar 13th, 2009, 03:07 PM
My buddy washes windows there 9 months out of the year, and then goes to Bali for three months to surf. You might give that a try. Ive always been amazed at what he makes for as little as he works.

RajunCajun
Fri Mar 13th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I got a squeegee!! I might have to get his ##