PDA

View Full Version : IMI tomorrow (Sunday) 3/15...

green_zx7r
Sun Mar 15th, 2009, 12:17 AM
As far as I know, the track is open and no kart races going on...

Now that I finally got the hitch mounted on my Murano, I can haul my track bike there. Would like to get use to it before the 3/22 track day.

Anyone else interested?

rybo
Sun Mar 15th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Yusuke,

You know I'd be there if I didn't have other matters to attend to. I'm looking forward to seeing you go around on that new bike!

scott

Bueller
Sun Mar 15th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Seeing I don't have a functional Tard, :wait: I might bring the baby ninja out.

green_zx7r
Sun Mar 15th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Greaaaaaaat...

Dave's going to ride wheelies and circles around me, not only on the tard but now on a 250 Ninja. LOL!

Hope to see ya there! :)

I'm heading out in a bit.

Elden/Jen, are ya coming out too?

Yusuke

eklew
Sun Mar 15th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Greaaaaaaat...

Elden/Jen, are ya coming out too?

Yusuke

Sorry man, too late a notice. Have fun on the new bike though!

Bueller
Sun Mar 15th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Decided to go with the canyon ride, don't have to worry about wheelies on the 250 but the damm thing does like to go in circles. We'll catch you up there soon.:)

krod
Sun Mar 15th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Seeing I don't have a functional Tard, :wait: I might bring the baby ninja out.

You ever going to bring it by? Or did you bring it to that hack Kevin? Yo ear whata Im speakin homes:horse:

green_zx7r
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Had a great time on the ZX6R. Was very surprised how light/nimble it is compared to the 7R, but then again, ANYTHING is light/nimble compared to the beast! :)

At first, I felt the 6R was too small for my fat ass and I was dwarfing the bike... Kind of like how a circus bear rides a tricycle. I slowly got used to it though, and am feeling much more comfortable. Definitely more of a ride on 'top of' than 'in' kind of seating position.

Sorry we missed ya Elden/Jen.

There were a ton of sumo guys there and maybe one other sportbike, but it was still fun. I still have sumo-phobia when I hear those bikes come up behind me, but everyone passed me nice and clean so no worries there. It was almost beautiful watching these good sumo guys pass me on the outside of a corner, SIDEWAYS. LOL!
It was like poetry in motion!

cromer611
Tue Mar 17th, 2009, 12:20 AM
i knew you would like that zx6 : ) its a great bike and surprisingly has decent stock suspension : )

green_zx7r
Tue Mar 17th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Hey Erik,

Yes, it's a very different bike from my 7R for sure. I immediately noticed the difference in the energy I am exerting to drop the bike into corners. Much less effort it seems.

Definitely liking the RPM range. I almost shat in my pants when I felt the higher RPM kick on the 6R. Definitely felt more power on top, and the RPMs seem to last forever compared to my 7R!

The guy I bought it from had actually modified the suspension a bit with RaceTech internals so it feels very solid.

I cannot believe how fast and good you are with all stock parts... That's all rider right there!

Would love to get some tips from ya at Pueblo if you are going.

Yusuke