PDA

View Full Version : SCR Sunday 1/23

Bueller
Tue Jan 18th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Weather looks great all week thru the weekend. Wish I could take off Weds. but I already took a day this week and can't do another so it's Sunday for me.

Anyone else going?

BenFolds5
Tue Jan 18th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Wish I could go... but I'll be on my way to Florida for a relaxing cruise in the caribbean.

You sell that F4I track bike yet? Although I won't be able to get a track bike for some time, I've still been ogling all the bikes for sale :D

PharmerKyle
Tue Jan 18th, 2005, 09:17 AM
It's really tempting. I haven't been out for months. Is anyone from the Springs going to go? I hate showing up without a truck and not having a way home if I go down. Still $45 for a 1/2 day... right?

troythetroll
Tue Jan 18th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Bobs message says they are closed Wednesday after 1PM and open Thursday through Sunday for everyone. So far Thursday looks the best temperature wise, if I have to wait till the weekend I'll go to Pueblo instead, assuming its available, haven't talked to Jay yet.

Stuart Little
Tue Jan 18th, 2005, 12:22 PM
I'll be glad to be a track bitch and watch :)

Bueller
Tue Jan 18th, 2005, 04:50 PM
You sell that F4I track bike yet? Although I won't be able to get a track bike for some time, I've still been ogling all the bikes for sale :D

It's still lookin' for a good home, I'll probably load it up and bring it with me if anyone wants to ogle it :lol:

Pharmer it is $45 unless you get someone with a lapper card to sell you a punch for $36 ;)

krod
Tue Jan 18th, 2005, 06:43 PM
I will take you up on that punch dave going out on sunday.

Polar X
Tue Jan 18th, 2005, 07:18 PM
whats a "lappers" card. I am sure it has nothing to with dancing :D

Bueller
Tue Jan 18th, 2005, 07:20 PM
$180 for 5 half days

Polar X
Tue Jan 18th, 2005, 07:59 PM
thats a good deal, how do I get one :?

Bueller
Tue Jan 18th, 2005, 08:11 PM
When you go to the track just tell Bob you want the card and hand him the $ :lol:

krod
Wed Jan 19th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Anyone want to split a card with me?

Lurch
Wed Jan 19th, 2005, 09:49 PM

Bart may want too. I heard he is looking to run down some more GSXR1000's. He thinks he can take me too. :lol:

Lurch

Hoopty
Thu Jan 20th, 2005, 09:36 AM
:loser:

Polar X
Thu Jan 20th, 2005, 01:54 PM

I will, not sure how it would work. I live in Parker, give me a call. 303-840-0177

krod
Thu Jan 20th, 2005, 09:21 PM
:loser:

:doublefinger:

Hoopty
Thu Jan 20th, 2005, 09:23 PM
That was actually for Lurch. :D

krod
Thu Jan 20th, 2005, 09:24 PM
woops

Hoopty
Thu Jan 20th, 2005, 09:31 PM
:doublefinger: back just for good measure. :P

Lurch
Fri Jan 21st, 2005, 06:00 AM
That was actually for Lurch. :D

ME????

Lurch

Hoopty
Fri Jan 21st, 2005, 08:13 AM
Maybe :?

purevol
Fri Jan 21st, 2005, 04:57 PM
any of you all got a link where i can read up on this race track? how is the safety? is it just unmonitored sessionaless balls out? im in the process of rebuilding my track bike, so i only have a street bike, does it have to be race prepped? or will tape and water be fine?

Lurch
Fri Jan 21st, 2005, 05:03 PM
Don't know if they have a website or not. But I can answer your questions.

No you don't need a race prepped bike. If it's busy usually we spilt into sessions of bikes and cars. It's a tight track that has some run off. If you lose your brakes or completely F up you can hit a tire wall or two. Everyone on bike usually gets there around 10 with the best riding usually from 11-3 after that the track gets a tad cold.

Lurch

purevol
Fri Jan 21st, 2005, 05:07 PM
im assuming you have to wear appropriate gear? money? ambulances? cornerworkers? tech-inspection?

Lurch
Fri Jan 21st, 2005, 05:11 PM
Yes on the leathers, $45 for a half day or $180 for 5 half days,no ambulance,corner crew or tech.

Lurch

purevol
Fri Jan 21st, 2005, 05:15 PM
what about track cleanup if someone dumps? water in radiator, no nothing? sounds loco, i might just make it! is the track crap?

Lurch
Fri Jan 21st, 2005, 05:19 PM
Bob the track manager has everything we need to cleanup. It's usually the cars that make the messes. You should run just water but we all run antifreeze because we are too lazy to change it all the time. It will go from 70 degrees to 10 in a day around here. "is the track crap" well depends on what you are used to riding and who you talk to around here. The surface is pretty good I'm just not a fan of the tight tracks. Pueblo imho is the best track we have.

Lurch

purevol
Fri Jan 21st, 2005, 05:21 PM
nothing wrong with tight! pocono, beaver creek, louden! those are the usuals! sounds like fun, im gonna have to look at a track map or something, website for the facility anyone?

Lurch
Fri Jan 21st, 2005, 05:24 PM
http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=where

Devil954
Fri Jan 21st, 2005, 05:28 PM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/local/tracks.html

Polar X
Fri Jan 21st, 2005, 06:01 PM
will tape and water be fine?

:? :? :? :? I don't get it. I know the tape part, but water? :? :? :? :?

Stuart Little
Fri Jan 21st, 2005, 06:04 PM
replace coolant, it's less slippery for other riders if you crash or the radiator goes haywire, plus it'll dry up quick as with coolant it'll seep into the ground and if other riders don't see it quick enough they'll go down too

purevol
Fri Jan 21st, 2005, 06:28 PM
replace coolant, it's less slippery for other riders if you crash or the radiator goes haywire, plus it'll dry up quick as with coolant it'll seep into the ground and if other riders don't see it quick enough they'll go down too
Yeah thanks, I never use coolant in the first place! So whose coughing up one of the spots on thier card for me?

Dysco
Fri Jan 21st, 2005, 06:44 PM
You're in Colorado now, sonny. You're gonna need anti-freeze in the winter... and the spring... and maybe the summer... definitely in the fall.

PharmerKyle
Fri Jan 21st, 2005, 07:48 PM
You're in Colorado now, sonny. You're gonna need anti-freeze in the winter... and the spring... and maybe the summer... definitely in the fall.

Or just go ultra-mega lazy and buy a bike that's just oil/air cooled. R1150GS and Duc750S are fine without water or coolant... if you can stand being as slow as me.

Bueller
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 06:06 AM
I will take you up on that punch dave going out on sunday.
Jim if you come out and still need the punch, look me up. ;)

krod
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 06:27 AM
Yea got a new toy need to try it out, see you there. thanks

Kristian
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:10 AM
Should be there 'bout 11:30!

Kristian

krod
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:15 PM
Didn't make it went to deckers instead hope you guys had fun.

Kristian
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:16 PM

Kristian

Gone by 1:15, ouch

Kristian

Bueller
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 06:08 PM

Kristian

Kristian

Hope you and your bike are gonna be ok. Rats nest ate a few bikes today :shock:
Had about 5-6 bikes go down today around the track:(

krod
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 06:51 PM
That seems to be the norm today had a few go down on the deckers ride too. One pretty serious.

Stuart Little
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 06:54 PM
That seems to be the norm today had a few go down on the deckers ride too. One pretty serious.

how bad?

krod
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 06:57 PM
Broken pelvis needs surgery. Luckly he had full gear on. Bike is not to bad. The other bike just low sided no injurys.

Anonymous
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 08:19 PM
A few went down on Deckers?

Was this a club ride that this happened on?

Kristian
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 08:31 PM

Kristian

Kristian

Hope you and your bike are gonna be ok. Rats nest ate a few bikes today :shock:
Had about 5-6 bikes go down today around the track:(

Minor scuffs on the bike...broke the tip off my collar bone(shoulder end).
Should be fine in afew weeks.

Kristian

troythetroll
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 08:33 PM
So nobody is even waiting till spring anymore before littering the landscape with bits and pieces nowadays? Darn....I guess we're all in for an exciting springtime once everyone hits full stride.

krod
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 09:50 PM
I can respect the fact you want to voice your opinion troy but the smart ass comments need to stop. Do yourself and everyone in this club a favor and shut the fuck up.

troythetroll
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:06 PM
Let me get this straight....its a nice day, we're all out for rides, and, as it happens, some get a little more "enthusiastic" than others, and me pointing out that its a bit early in the season for this particular behavior causes a PROBLEM??!!

Wow....

I've got a question....do you get this excited before a ride, telling everyone the reasonable group riding rules, explaining that not every street ride is a trackday, that triple digit speeds aren't always the right speed for a given straightaway, to cut down on such results prior to them happening, or do you only reserve it for afterwards when people ask about the days events?

krod
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:16 PM
If you were there this morning you would have heard me give my rules of the ride speech as I do on every ride. Thats not the point though every time someone makes a comment about stunting or running up the hill you have to bash them its getting old. If you havn't noticed this is a sportbike club.

troythetroll
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:34 PM
Of course I noticed this was a sportbike club, on Thursday when the weather was even nicer I rode one of mine to work and another out at Second Creek all afternoon.

So do YOU have any theories as to why people keep zipping off the road on CSC rides? How fast were the people going when they went off? Were there cinders involved or just silly "stand'er up and nail the rear brake" type stuff? Were cages somehow involved? Inebriation? Inattention? Inexperience?

I mean seriously, I see tons of people running around setting up funds for the survivors and familys and to help pay hospital bills, I would think learning from what happened when bad things happen and trying to at least mitigate the damage would be a good thing.....feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Brizz
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:41 PM
Troy, Stop while you are ahead. If you are trying to set your self apart, you have done that. I feel at this time you are trying to start trouble. Either be a part of the group or dont be here any more. Waits for a snappy comeback. :roll:

troythetroll
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 11:04 PM
Trying to start TROUBLE? Oh you have got to be KIDDING? Trying to learn from our mistakes is a fundamental way to actually LEARN something related to...guess what! RIDING A SPORTBIKE!

Its one thing to wanna stomp on people who you think are bashing others in the interest of political correctness, its quite another to bash people who might want to LEARN something from what appears to be a really, really bad day!

You think when a plane goes down everyone stands around and laments the loss of their friends and co-workers and then they wander off and completely forget about trying to find out what the heck happened and how to stop it from happening the next time? You have serously GOT to be kidding me, unless everyone around here is DELUSIONAL when it comes to the danger of what we do for fun as well as the consequences of it!

What we do isn't easy, it requires skills of various sizes and shapes and guess what! Some of those skills we learn from the MISTAKES OF OTHERS!

Brizz
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 11:12 PM
STOP already. Im not gonna tell you again. Your argueing simantics. And I (among others are done with it).

troythetroll
Sun Jan 23rd, 2005, 11:42 PM
Fine Brizz, I'll stop.

And for the record....it isn't semantics and you darn well know it.

purevol
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 01:00 AM
so like... does any have anything good to say about the track...who smoked who? pictures? who brought umbrella girls?

troythetroll
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 01:24 AM
Sure...pictures. Here's my buddy...the two of us only play around for now until the MRA develops a Masters class or something.

Bueller
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Sure...pictures. Here's my buddy...the two of us only play around for now until the MRA develops a Masters class or something.
:wtf:

Lurch
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 07:34 AM

A master's class? I hope you mean master baters class which the answer would be NO. I don't know how old you are but I'm pretty sure there people in the MRA myself included that would run circles around you on the track. If by masters class you mean better then everyone else then the people mentioned above would also run circles around you.

Lurch

King Nothing
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 07:52 AM
wow, this is gonna be a good thread. I'll be back in hours to see how it plays out. :)

troythetroll
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Gee Lurch, what a wonderful nice and classy way to to introduce yourself.

Masters Class as in Old Farts....preferably those required to report to work 8AM Monday morning, a mortgage and with at least 1 kid.....I figure less of a chance of the next Nicky Hayden wanna be taking someone out for the extra $5 contigency money.

Feathered upstart!
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 08:04 AM
You yourself said you run 1:15's troy, thats a good 10 11 seconds off pace :321:

Maybe they need a short bus class for you?

Brizz
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 08:05 AM
I say we continue to cater to his ego. Kingnadda pass the popcorn.

troythetroll
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 08:31 AM
So everyone here besides Shane regularly runs lap record times now? Wow...and here I just figured Hoopty was one of the faster guys at 1:10's. Interesting....when I check the results...including laptimes each week after the races, it appears most are quite a bit slower than that.

I definitely think I need a class...but not to run 1:05's, to run the 1:15's I used to. I don't even think I got under 1:20 out there on Thursday.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Masters Class as in Old Farts....preferably those required to report to work 8AM Monday morning, a mortgage and with at least 1 kid I am 25 and now considered a master!!! It was a beautiful day to go out and see everyone yesterday! Mike, that bike is amazing!

troythetroll
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Throw in an age minimum of say...40.....that should keep out those who's bones heal faster than the old farts.

Hoopty
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Try running the Supertwins classes, alot of old farts, not the crazies on 600's trying to be the next AMA stud. 8)

Anonymous
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 10:06 AM

Masters Class as in Old Farts....preferably those required to report to work 8AM Monday morning, a mortgage and with at least 1 kid.....I figure less of a chance of the next Nicky Hayden wanna be taking someone out for the extra $5 contigency money.

With only a couple exceptions I can think of, nearly all MRA racers have to go to work Monday morning. Most of us have mortgages, and I'd say half the club probably has kids. We're ALL out there to have fun, not run each other off the track for a little extra money. Your understanding of the level of sportsmanship in this club is way off base. I've had top-5 guys offer me advice to help me go faster in the same race they're in. I've seen guys take parts off their own bikes to help others race. I frequently see the fastest racers in the club help novices and slow experts out (like, every weekend). The MRA does not practice sportsmanship - we define it. Yes the point of a race is to win, but not if you have to kill your friend to do it. Nobody's making enough at this stuff to justify that.

We tossed around the idea of an "old farts" class, I believe it was even on the rulebook suggestion this year. However there isn't enough interest in that yet, and we just don't have any room for yet another mildly-attended class in the schedule. As it was I had to change a lot of things around to make room for RoR GTU... Perhaps in 06 though we can see what we can do for a Geritol class. ;)

Troy, hoopty already suggested Twins - you might want to check it out. It is definitely not a cutthroat class and I think you'd have a lot of fun with it.

troythetroll
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Jim over at TFOG suggested nearly the same thing, with an extra. He said race the supertwins, and to get out of the novice class as quickly as possible, even if that included running whatever else was available to get the required number of races under your belt in the quickest amount of time. His belief appeared to be that getting into the non novice classes was critical to minimizing wanton damage done by people who are new to the track.

Hows modern vintage do for people not smashing each other up?

Hoopty
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 10:28 AM
That would be the other class I'd suggest for you. :up: Both of those classes seem to be more laid back...

Anonymous
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 10:36 AM
You can bust out enough races in one weekend to get out of novice, if that's your goal.

I really suggest you talk to Mark Schellinger, our new rider director. If you don't have any race experience you will probably need to take the new racer school (which I recommend anyway) - if you used to race (not just track ride) he'll probably just observe you and sign off. Either way, talk to him, explain your experience and what you're thinking you would like to do, and get his opinion on it. I can't speak for him but I think he would probably authorize you to move to expert quickly so you could run those classes if you could demonstrate sound riding ability (not speed, just competence).

~Barn~
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Troy, I knew you meant "old guys" when you said "Masters class". :up:

I still think that 90% of your posts have sucked though, since you've joined. :lol:

Problem now is, you have a lot of catching up to do, to divert people from thinking you have a single-ply mind, and possibly regaining some respect for your "style of posting", as it were. Good luck with that recovery. But hey... at least we haven't banned you yet.

troythetroll
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Problem now is, you have a lot of catching up to do, to divert people from thinking you have a single-ply mind, and possibly regaining some respect for your "style of posting", as it were. Good luck with that recovery. But hey... at least we haven't banned you yet.

Those who have convinced themselves that a different perspective deserves foul language on a moments notice simply reinforce the idea that words are quite a reasonable method for separating the wheat from the chaff.

As for not banning me yet.... :up: :bday: :happybday: :loop: :pointlaugh:

Lurch
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 04:54 PM

Not a problem. Wait till you get to know me then you will think I'm an asshole.

Your posted made it sound like you where waiting for the MRA to catch up to you. Now I see you just want an Old Timer's class. Great idea except that now that will just give Orlando,Turner and countless others a place to practice for the big race. It's not the Nicky wannabes you have to look out for it's all the people in there 30's and 40's. Most young guns A. cannot afford it, B. crash themselves in the poor house trying to get up front, or C. Never actualy get fast enough to get up front.

Supertwins is not actually a place that is void of mayhem. I raced it for 3 years and had my fair share of close calls. Modern Vintage for the past couple of years has been a little tamer but is always combined with another class in which people are running for the money.

My suggestion would be sportsman except there is contingency in that class too, so people are always running after the big $$$$. So I don't know what to tell you.

Sorry I didn't post a reply sooner as I usually have to be to work by 7:00a.m.(except I slept in today because my 2 1/2yr old threw up in my bed last night). That was so I could make my .50 for the day to pay my mortage and if I don't kill myself before June I will invite you to my 40th birthday.

Maybe we could make a Master's class out of poeple who have been racing for more then 17 years???? Damn Orlando and Turner would still qualify and kick my ass.

Lurch

troythetroll
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 05:15 PM
I have watched the size of the grids, and the descriptions of the accidents afterwards, and if I'm faced with 60 or so relative newbies on 600's versus half as many experts who are just that much faster, I would say I prefer the experts to the newbies most any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Which is why what Dave and Ralph said combined with what Jim at TFOG said seemed like a reasonable idea.

I don't think its a matter of people being able to AFFORD to crash as it is not being able to help themselves.

The idea of getting out of any novice race possible, as fast as possible, seems quite reasonable by everyones standards.