PDA

View Full Version : Rider down on academy!

Hi11Zone
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 06:43 PM
I saw the crash. I was in the right lane and it was busy traffic we let a silver car go threw i look and u can barly see whats coming on the other side of the road and the civil car with 3 girls in it cut off the rider. He was wearing a helmet which saved his life for sure. He was riding a medium sized scooter not a bike! The car windshield was smashed to peices and he was on the other side. I got off my bike and stoped to see what i could do i made sure no one moved him or took his helmet off. He was kinda wake im sure the wind was probably nocked out of him. Somone was able to get his wifes number from the cell. Their was some blood from his side which he supposably broke his arm. I wasn't the only one there who stoped to help, their was also retired medics. Eventualy help arrived.
Officers took our info and i went on with my day. The girl driving was arrested she was yung. I don't know who the guy was, he was 36 years old and I'm glad hes ok.

Mental
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Glad you were there to keep the helmet on. Good on ya for keeping your cool.

I will say this until after I leave and further than that. We're riding, they are trying to kill us.

ATGATT

Brat
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 06:48 PM
i thought that looked like your kawi. i rode by it sb, saw the sportbikes and said oh shit... saw the scooter and said... oh shit still...
hope the rider has a good recovery...

Zach929rr
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 07:11 PM
What the hell is going on down there in CoSpr?

Brat
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 07:13 PM
people cant drive.....

Hi11Zone
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Cagers on the loose!

Zach929rr
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Granted, but 2 in, what, 24 hours?

Stay safe down there cutie pies :lol:

Brat
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 07:34 PM
thats why i usually avoid academy.... too many idiots in cages.

lightspeed
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Must be a full moon tonight. Funny both accidents and no one was speeding...lol.

Brat
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 07:44 PM
and summers not even here yet......... :(

Mac020
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Hope rider is ok!

I saw a mc crash on Ute pass yesterday around 2:00 looked like rider (sportbike) missed the last left hander going west. Anyone know anything about it? That's a nasty curve, I've seen several crashes there! Watch out folks. The season is young!

d3spair
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Was she in a silver Honda looking car? I rode past that near Constitution.. no idea it was a rider though.

Hi11Zone
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 08:39 PM
i think so was their 2 other girls with her?

JohnEffinK
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Sorry to hear.

Cagers dont care. Experienced it once again today. Cruising the road, probably a little fast, lady left turns in front of me in a mommy missile (minivan). Got po'ed since no one was behind me.....rode next to her, tapped her window, flipped her off.

Yeah, not the most civilized or adult thing to do but maybe it made a point.

John

matt2778
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Got po'ed since no one was behind me.....rode next to her, tapped her window, flipped her off.

Way to represent the sportbike community

JohnEffinK
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Way to represent the sportbike community

Yeah, OK.

thatmofo
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Sorry to hear.

Cagers dont care. Experienced it once again today. Cruising the road, probably a little fast, lady left turns in front of me in a mommy missile (minivan). Got po'ed since no one was behind me.....rode next to her, tapped her window, flipped her off.

John

LOL! As long as you didn't smash her windshield sportbikes still have one up on the cruiser riders!

JohnEffinK
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Whatever. If I had chosen to ride my "v-twin boat anchor" maybe that would have happened.....or not.

Has nothing to do with the sportbike community. Has EVERYTHING to do with car drivers looking out for motorcyclists. I was on a straight away that was more than 1/2 mile long, so if she had been paying attention she would not have missed me. And I was not speeding so fast that she could not have judged.

And I dont call her a "cager" as I also have, and drive, a four wheeled mobile.

John

Mental
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 10:04 PM
You are right about that, but the problem with flipping them off, while justified is this; They didn't see you, hence they usually have no idea why they are getting flipped off. It does open yourself up to a road rage incident, and more importantly, opens us all up to it.

But I have a more elgant solution. For example, I got cutoff today on Circle. I saw it coming, car making a left out of the hospital, and I could tel they just didn;t see me. So I used my horn. Not just any horn, my aftermarket horn. It's a much nicer way of saying "Excuse me, I am riding here"
http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Ear-Cannon-Air-Horn-p-19550.html

Well maybe not nicer, but much,much more effective. The single greatest $37 motorcycle investment I have ever made. Not only are they forced to realize you are there, they are forced to realize they did not see you and made a mistake (or they think they cutoff a train, either way...) and ideally, adjust their habits.

thatmofo
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 10:11 PM
That horn is awesome! I may need to get one. The problem with it is that I accidentally hit my horn when I hit my turn signals or brights.

JohnEffinK
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 10:13 PM
OK, in SOCO fashion:

Was it kind: No.

Was it polite: No.

Was it justified: Maybe.

Did it feel good: yes.

Did it send a message: probably.

Do I care about the impact to the total MC community: No.

Should I have to buy aftermarket parts to identify myself to those in cars: No, although I have very loud pipes on the HD 'cause I like them and stock on the sportbike.

Will I sleep OK tonight: probably.

Will I see that lady in the mommymissile again: likely not and prob will not recognize her if I would see her again.

Did I send a message to wake the eff up while driving: hopefully, although truth is - not likely.

John

dallas
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 10:17 PM
I am definately going the train horn route on my next set of 2-wheels.

dallas
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 10:23 PM
OK, in SOCO fashion:
BLAH

BLAH

BLAH

SOCO fashion is to not be an asshole about it. You did not wake this person up to the error of thier ways, you simply showed her what an asshole you can be while riding on a sportbike.

If you took the effort to pull up beside the person, why didn't you motion them to roll down the window and explain the situation instead of making a moronic junior high finger jesture?

JohnEffinK
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Once again. OK

John

Mental
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Dude, I ain't coming down on you. I get it, I have had the urge and on several occasions given into it. Genuinely, sometimes its warrented. Relax. I'm just sayin (and it seems like you agree with me) she probably had no idea what she did. Harley or no, she would have done it anyway. Some peaple suck.

JohnEffinK
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Naw, I get it.

I admitted it was probably, likely, inappropriate.

It is not like I stopped her car, drug her out of the driver seat, beat her ass, and left.

She did not get it, it felt good, does not matter I was on a sportbike or harley. Period.

Screw the sainthood turn the other cheek thing.

It is no different than flipping her off/cussing her out if you were in a car and it happened other than there was no 2 tons of metal around you.........

John

JohnEffinK
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Sorry for the thread jack.

Thoughts out to the riders downed.

John

asp_125
Mon Mar 16th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Back on track. Hi11Zone, good of you to help a fellow rider no matter what kind of wheels he was on. Way to represent.

lil_shane84
Tue Mar 17th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Sorry to hear.

John

i have done this in a more civilized manner, i got cut off by some punk girl in a focus dancing with her friends in the car so i dropped a gear or 2 so the pipes were loud pulled up next to her and pounded on her window.. but when she looked i just pointed at my eyes (hinting to quit dickin around and start fuckin driving)

Nick_Ninja
Tue Mar 17th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Being around yo-yo's like mentioned previously, I kick it down a gear and bolt. No need to be around those butt munches as you cannot edumacate idiots like that.