PDA

View Full Version : No brass for you!

Shea
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 08:39 AM
http://www.theshootist.net/2009/03/dod-ends-sale-of-expended-military.html

Oh wait, I only have a right to own a gun, not actually have ammo for it?

puckstr
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Going to the gunshow this weekend for ammo.

Shea
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Ammoman has some 62gr 5.56 in but it's retarded expensive ($459/1000). Sign of the times I guess.

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 09:13 AM
gee shea... why in the world would you want ammo for your gun? i mean... that could only mean you want to be able to actually USE it at some point!!!
Speaking of which.. sounds like i'm gonna get to go shooting soon... yay!

YZFRydn
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 09:14 AM
This is getting more and more ridiculous. We're going to have to wait till 2013 to hopefully have someone from the right get in there and undo all these bs imo changes taking place. Between this and the other bill trying to close off public land to OHV's is just ridiculous.

It seems like every sport I enjoy is having laws prohibiting certain aspects.

rforsythe
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Going to the gunshow this weekend for ammo.

Want to grab me some .40 if you see a good deal? :) I'm in class or running a track day all weekend long.

Devaclis
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 09:22 AM
CHANGE!

Shea
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 09:41 AM
gee shea... why in the world would you want ammo for your gun? i mean... that could only mean you want to be able to actually USE it at some point!!!
Speaking of which.. sounds like i'm gonna get to go shooting soon... yay!

I don't know, I'm pretty handy with a bayonet :)

What makes the grass grow?!

dirkterrell
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I saw this yesterday. Real smart. Let's takes something we could easily sell and destroy it so that it's worth maybe 1/5 of its original value as scrap, which will probably be sold to China. This and the sneaky, underhanded way they are trying to ramrod the Omnibus Public Lands bill through (even though it got voted down already) really pisses me off.

Keep at it politicians. That rope is about to run out.

Dirk

Shea
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Keep at it politicians. That rope is about to run out.

Dirk

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson 1787

InlineSIX24
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Check the other thread about the Omnibus Land Bill. It is back already.

Rhino
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Hate to be a wet blanket again, but I can't have TBK thinking I only pick on him:

Copy and Paste from another forum: Dateline yesterday

*** This post came from an employee of Government Liquidation ***

3/17/09 - 1:45PM Pacific

Originally Posted By Epic_Ed:
.... The facts as I know them, which come directly from candid discussions with my CEO, indicate the following:

- Prior to 11/2008, Demil B items required no mutilation for sale to the public. That policy changed in November, but several exceptions were granted. Expended munitions brass was one of those given a waiver.

- Enter the new administration :banghead:. Since Demil B category items had been given a broad, general label as "national security sensitive" someone above the DRMS (likely in the DLA) reviewed the policy and immediately went with a CYA policy and yanked all exemptions. No thoughts or considerations were given to the implications of this policy change, but this directive was issued to DOD Surplus effective immediately last week.

- Shit storm blows up as a result. In particular, the letters, phone calls, and emails to our legislators, the media, and anyone else who would listen caused this policy to be review post haste.

- As of this morning our company was informed that expended munitions brass will now be reclassified as Demil Q –– which requires no mutilation unless sold to a foreign country.

There you have it. The policy change was simply the result of some n00b administrator attempting to close a perceived "national security" loophole and brass got caught up in the snare. There was no political motivation behind the policy change, but it is good that people like us were suspicious, got involved, and helped bring about a resolution.

Ed

Here's an upcoming auction with the "no mutilation required" for confirmation: http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=2235022&convertTo=USD

Devaclis
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 10:17 AM
I can hear the buttholes unclenching from here!!!

Shea
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks Rhino. Yeah, Georgia Arms has it on their website. As of yesterday at 4:30pm the policy has been changed. As long as the brass "remains in the US" it doesn't have to be shredded.

puckstr
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 11:03 AM
I can hear the buttholes unclenching from here!!!
I would rather have mine clenched, instead of bending over and being ready to accept CHANGE:hump:

Vance
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Paranoia Paranoia everybody's comin to get me,
Just say you never met me,
Im running underground with the moles,
digging holes,

Hear the voices in my head,
I swear to god it sounds like their snoring,
But if your bored then your boring,
The agony and the irony its killing me!

sky_blue
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Don't foget the government protecting our children from lead! Thank god for the Consumer Products Safety Comission 16 CFR Part 500. We didn't want 50cc motorcycles anyways!

Actually, if you do want one, protest and go get one from Malcolm Smith. http://www.kidslove2ride.com/

Protest Event Fact Sheet
Who: Malcolm Smith
What: Kids Love 2 Ride Protest
When: Thursday, March 19, 2009, 4:00pm PST
Where: Malcolm Smith Motorsports
7599 Indiana Avenue, Riverside, CA 92504
http://www.malcolmsmith.com
(http://www.malcolmsmith.comwhy/)Why: In defiance of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 which prohibits the sale of youth motorcycles and ATVs deemed unhealthy for children under 12 due to suspected high-levels of lead content, motorcycle dealer Malcolm Smith will sell these banned vehicles as a sign of protest. As a sign of support, a group of small business people and high-profile motorcycle industry celebrities, including racers Jeff Ward and Jeremy McGrath, Glen Helen Raceway owner Bud Feldkamp, and motorsport design guru Troy Lee have all agreed to be on hand to purchase banned units for use by their own children and grandchildren.

Tipys
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 12:26 PM
gun conrol, what we need is bullet conrol. every bullet should cost 5,00 dollars.--Chris Rock

Shea
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Chris Rock, the pinnacle of political, social and economic thought :roll:

puckstr
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Everybody HATES Chris

Bueller
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Everybody HATES Chris
I am everybody?

Tipys
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 11:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDC-XQG1ifo

ZX9Rider
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Glad to see this has died before it hurt the already hurting ammo market.