PDA

View Full Version : Define the word tragedy

dapper
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 12:34 PM
One day, President Obama visited an elementary school. All the kids were so excited to get to meet the President. He began to talk to them and asked them to define the word ''tragedy.''

"Well," one girl replied, "If my mommy ran over my dog, Rover, that would be a tragedy!"

The President smiled at the little girl and said, "No, sweetie. That would be an accident! Can anyone give it a try?"

A little boy sitting across the room raised his hand and said, "I know! I know! If our bus driver ran off of a cliff and killed everyone!"

The President shook his head and said, "No son. That would be a great loss! Doesn't anyone know of a good example of a tragedy?"

A small girl raised her hand and said, "Well, Mr. President, if you and Michelle were in Air Force One and it was hit by a missile and blown to smithereens, most people would think that that was a tragedy!"

"Very good," he said. "And what was your reason for that answer?"

"Well," she said, "It probably wouldn't have been an accident, and it sure as hell wouldn't be a great loss!"

hehe (it still works with the change)

Devaclis
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Dappers Method of telling jokes = Tragedy

:)

MetaLord 9
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Then did President Obama tell the little girl he'd throw her a couple dollars for a tip if she danced on the table? :D :bananna:

dapper
Wed Mar 18th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Dana,

The next time you're craving pizza.
Go to Woody's in Golden.

After walking into the restaurant. Ask the hostess if Woody's is a full-service establishment.
If the host says yes. Enjoy the moment.

Prostitutes don't sue for sexual harassment. They take pleasure in it. And won't bitch or nag...Chris :viking: