PDA

View Full Version : A little reorganization... (Don't worry, it's all there)

Anonymous
Wed Jan 19th, 2005, 11:25 AM
I have reorganized where forums appear in the listings. We're not splitting or unsplitting any areas, and all the content you've come to know and love will still be there.

I have discussed this with Bob and our moderators and we feel this will help to promote better content in the site, by putting the areas which focus on riding and growth of knowledge above those which are basically there for non-related chit chat.

If you're reading this and don't see General at the top anymore, don't worry - just scroll down in the index listing and it'll be there, under the bike forums. The CSC was created for motorcycling, not just to be another "chat" forum like many others, so we want to emphasize this point. A lot of you use the "see posts since last visit" function or the Recent Topics scrollbox anyway, so you may not even notice the change. However people coming to CSC for the first time will have a better chance of seeing what really makes this place shine.

Gramps
Wed Jan 19th, 2005, 11:32 AM
good move guys :up:

Bertha
Wed Jan 19th, 2005, 11:32 AM
WOO HOO! Good call Ralphy...

If you all are wondering where this "View posts since last visit" is...

From anywhere in the site click on the Forums button at the top of the screen... Next to Home and Memberlist...

On that page look over to the right and you'll see 3 lines...

View unanswered posts
View posts since last visit
Mark all forums read

Just click on "View posts since last visit"

What I do is click on that then I set my bookmark up to that page... then when you come in.. you'll see the newest posts...

If you are sick of all the post and just want to see what's new later in the day click the Mark all forums read ... and the next time you come in and use the View posts since last visit... it will show the latest posts since you've clicked the mark all posts read... :)

~Barn~
Wed Jan 19th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Yup. Do it like Bertha suggested, and you will be surfing the CSC as efficiently as possible.

If scrolling through the forum index is your thing though, you can still do that too. :up:

Anonymous
Wed Jan 19th, 2005, 01:46 PM
If you all are wondering where this "View posts since last visit" is...

From anywhere in the site click on the Forums button at the top of the screen... Next to Home and Memberlist...

On that page look over to the right and you'll see 3 lines...

View unanswered posts
View posts since last visit
Mark all forums read

Just click on "View posts since last visit"

What I do is click on that then I set my bookmark up to that page... then when you come in.. you'll see the newest posts...
Now that Bertha's taught us all how to get to it on our own, here it is for you on a silver platter - click on the following link, then bookmark it: :D

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/search.php?search_id=newposts (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/search.php?search_id=newposts)

Bertha
Wed Jan 19th, 2005, 04:57 PM
was going to do that but wasn't sure if it would use my ID or not... so I did the "road map way"

Boy Scout
Wed Jan 19th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Nice touch, guys! Thanks!

FZRguy
Wed Jan 19th, 2005, 08:25 PM
thx, that's much better

Dietrich_R1
Thu Jan 20th, 2005, 06:31 PM
KUDO'S BOB & RALPHY.... :bow: You Have made a great call!

It brings a tear to my eye.... "NO Nothing But Riding!!!!!!! Well, maybe a wee bit of party'n afterwards!"

P.S. Pauls currently over in New Zealand riding his ass throught all them curves!!!!!! The only way I could have gone was to take pay w/out leave & sell my bike to not go into hock.

Anyone going to be tak'n a bike trip down to PHX sooooon...Hint, Hint!

Party On!
Dietrich