PDA

View Full Version : nor CO leather alterations??

MattTLS
Thu Mar 19th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I need to have the legs tapered on some riding pants -- any recommendations without going to Denver?

Thanks
Matthew

chad23
Thu Mar 19th, 2009, 09:27 PM
there is a place on 34 just west of taft in Loveland on the south side of the road. Nice guy and should do a good job for you. He added a zipper for me and had it done that day. you cant miss it

MattTLS
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Thanks for that, Chad.

I brought the pants to him (Vincent at High Fashion Tailoring) today, and it should run just $25 for the work I need, and it'll be ready by this next Wednesday. I almost had the work done at a place in Fort Collins where I was quoted $55 (more if more than an hour required), and although a nice woman, she had never worked on riding pants before so she couldn't give a definite price. I think I'll be happy with Vincent's work.

Matthew

chad23
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 04:42 PM
thats the guy I would believe that you would not have any problems. post up on how it was and if they did a good job

khuebner250
Mon May 4th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Matt, how did this work out for you? Would you recommend them. I need the sleeves shortened on my leather jacket by about 1". Let me know.

Keith

MattTLS
Mon May 4th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Matt, how did this work out for you? Would you recommend them. I need the sleeves shortened on my leather jacket by about 1". Let me know.

Keith

Vincent at High Fashion Tailoring did very good work and at a very good price. It's my own fault, but I had to have him rework the pants a second time because I didn't have him taper the legs enough the first go around, and knowing he was busy with other work at the time, that second time through took a little while, but still turned out very well. And I don't know for sure if I'm done yet -- probably should have had him shorten the legs slightly as well, but I was trying to get things to work out without having to move zippers, etc. As it is now there's a lot of leather bulk right at my ankles which makes zipping riding boots up a little difficult. If I do have more work done, I'll bring them back to him.