PDA

View Full Version : Any master certified drivability techs here?

No-coast-punk
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Does anybody know of any master certified drivability techs that need a (new) job?

I'm slowly getting all my affairs wrapped up. One of the things I'm trying to do is find my replacement at my current job to save the boss some headache.

I REALLY REALLY like this place. I could go on for hours and hours about why. If I were planning on staying in the field I would spend the next 20 years here. Most laid back drama free work environment I've ever had. We stay busier than anyone around too. Lots of fleet accounts (nothing major... just small little outfits like you know... the department of transportation).

The opening will be sometime in May/June (don't have exact dates yet).

Experience/knowledge should be in the following order: Domestic -> Jap -> Euro. You don't need to be a guru on the Euro stuff, but need to be able to muddle through it (if you can say... change a timing belt on a V6 Audi then all is well). Must also know some diesel stuff (nothing like rebuilding injection pumps or injectors... but you should be able to diagnose most common diesel failures). Need to be REALLY REALLY strong with electrical/computer shit. Only place I've ever been that I've been able to get 6+ hours of diagnostic time out of a customer.

The owner was a tech for 20+ years and knows what it's like to get the shaft on jobs that weren't bid correctly. He always comes down on the side of the techs 100% of the time. He's also really good about buying any equipment that's needed.

Everything up to and including medium duty trucks come through the shop (the boss says if it won't go on a lift, we don't work on it.... but we do have a few 21,000lb lifts). For the most part all of the really heavy work gets dispatched to the heavy line guys. Heaviest stuff I do is say... a water pump on a powerstroke or a clutch in a 3500 truck.

So how 'bout it? I can't stress enough what a nice place this is to work.

I'm totally serious about the master certified thing too. If you can't easily blow the L1 test out of the water... you won't survive.

PM me for more details if you are looking or know someone who is.