PDA

View Full Version : dropped the bike this morning

t_jolt
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 07:52 AM
GRRRRRR. pulled into work, and i was thinking man its full of gravel today. Apparently they had a cleaner push all gravel to the motorcycle parking lot ( cause its rarely used, besides the 3 people who ride) so i put my kick stand out and then my right foot slips on the gravel. And then its all slow motion from there. put a couple scratches in it, thank the lord for frame sliders and my leg... tore the shit out my leg as it slide down it... but at least only a nick in the paint. So add me to the Dropped bike people...
I Blame who ever started that poll.... :)

Tyrel

Devaclis
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 07:57 AM
That sucks T :( Good thing you didn't get pinned under the bike or injured worse. The "slow-mo" ones are so bad they are funny to me sometimes. I'm like "Is John Woo directing this damned accident?"

daemon
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 08:03 AM
take the time to thank your boss and on his time sweep the gravel to his designated parking spot.

sorry to hear it,but i have to deal with it everyday at work.
wish we had designated parking spots.

Sean
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 08:06 AM
That sucks man. Now the bike has a little "personality", right?
(Sorry, trying hard to be optomistic for ya)

Squisha
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 08:27 AM
There's alot of sand at the gate where I have to stop and badge in to get to work, and I'm always VERY mindful of my footing, because I know I'll have a slow-motion get-off if I lose it just a little bit. Then the rear end gets a little squirrely if I get on the gas too hard after the gate goes up. I suppose if sand on the street is my biggest complaint about spring, I'm in good shape!

kalibra
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 08:35 AM
sorry to hear T,glad it was not worse than that.

asp_125
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Hmm could be a workplace safety issue.. ... wonder if that'll get any traction with management.

t_jolt
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Hmm could be a workplace safety issue.. ... wonder if that'll get any traction with management.

I checked, but the head huncho parks his goldwing under the building. so until he drops his bike cause of sand in his personal private parking spot, im pretty sure it doesnt matter :)

asp_125
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 10:15 AM
.. sand in his personal private parking spot,.. :)

There's your solution right there. ;)

MetaLord 9
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Sorry to hear mang! At least you're ok & new fairings aren't on your Christmas list!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Bummer! Sorry to hear it man, glad it was a minor spill with minimal damage.

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 11:25 AM
I checked, but the head huncho parks his goldwing under the building. so until he drops his bike cause of sand in his personal private parking spot, im pretty sure it doesnt matter :)

Nothin' you can't handle after hours...

salsashark
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 11:28 AM

In that case, it sounds like you just need to park there instead...

wankel7
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Hummmm...that sucks!

So you going to ride this weekend:)

Raptor
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 12:34 PM
What a bummer, T. Like folks said though, least it went down slow and easy. And yeah, frame sliders FTW.

I'm glad the damage isn't too bad bro.

DucDuke79
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 12:35 PM
dit...dit...ditttt...tard.

R6biker122
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 01:25 PM
man that does suck! i did that last summer. But at least the damage is not all that noticable.

McVaaahhh
Fri Mar 20th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Sorry to hear that Tyrel, at least it wasn't worse.