PDA

View Full Version : Hotbodies Undertails and Exhausts

ThorsTwin
Thu Jan 20th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Does anyone have information about these undertails and exhausts regarding fit, finish, and reliability? Does anyone have one? Their site is at Hot Bodies Racing.

Bertha
Thu Jan 20th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Jenny has one on her R6... ask her... Natto and I did the install... while I wasn't too impressed with how it all went together... Nothing is always a walk in the park...

Feathered upstart!
Thu Jan 20th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Yeah the fit was not 'plug and play' and hotbodies sent some parts that could not be used.
Its not the worst system ever though, no Akra though

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu Jan 20th, 2005, 09:19 AM
You also might want to PM Voncon. He put one on his 02 or 03 R1 and had major melting problems.

Filo
Thu Jan 20th, 2005, 10:36 AM
All my info is second hand, but I have heard complaints about mounting holes being in the wrong place and cracking (as the plastic is quite brittle). I have heard issues with fit too (the piece doesn't physically fit on the bike). You can aske the guys at Morse Fiberglass down in Co Springs for more. Even though they sell body work, they tend to be honest about the competition. On the other hand, lots of people are buying them because they are so inexpensive.

~Barn~
Thu Jan 20th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Eurobikes makes a damn fine undertail. Great quality.

Then again, they aren't cheap.

Wahooman
Thu Jan 20th, 2005, 11:32 PM
I have one on my gixxer.....bought it off ebay for dirt cheap. Not too bad to install but they are brittle....not the flexible plastic. Eurotails are SWEET. Mine looks fine and I have no complaints really. Probably update it sometime this year to get one with the tail lights built in so I don't have to mount my own aftermarket ones again.

KooLaid
Fri Jan 21st, 2005, 12:18 AM
Got one on my F4i, looks great. Finish matches the bike spot on, but install was a lil tough, had to squeeze the tail cowl to make the holes match up, but they did line up just fine. Pretty tough paint finish too. I just got the undertail. About 30,000 miles and 3 years on it and numerous rear tires and it's holding up ok.

Anonymous
Fri Jan 21st, 2005, 09:22 AM
I can't talk about their exhaust, but can tell you that Hotbodies bodywork is gahbage!!

Jenny
Fri Jan 21st, 2005, 09:50 AM
Yeah, the installation was not the best I've seen. Neither my stock or aftermarket taillight assembly would fit inside the plastics properly, so I had to file it down some and 'reinforce' it with some electrical tape.

davvid
Sun Feb 6th, 2005, 11:34 PM
I just finished installing a Dussault/Graphic One Moto Design (now being made sold by Mototek) undertail on my 2003 R1. I'll write a better review of the installation when I get chance, but for the purposes of this thread, if you're considering other undertails, I'd avoid it. One of the manufacturer's brilliant methods of securing it to your existing undertail (in place of stock signals) is by double sided tape. No kidding. :down: