Any one interested?

SaShWhO
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 01:06 AM
I am.

Player 2
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 02:11 AM
I'm down to ride Sunday

ON THE TRACK!!!!

Get your skinny asses down there. No excuses. Show up and have an entire DAY of kick ass riding :D No cops, no deer, nothing to stress but your lack of skillz :lol:

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 07:30 AM
Couldn't make the saturday ride
So Sunday for sure!!
Time?

jakeway
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 11:28 AM
I'm down.

Foolds
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 11:35 AM
What does every one thing about High Noon Meet up?

Player 2
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 11:38 AM
What does every one thing about High Noon Meet up?
I think it's WEAK

Get your ass to the track JJ

chad23
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 11:53 AM
As much as I agree with Jon about the track, I will not be going either. Just due to time constraints. But I will be going to IMI for a while. Sash at least you can put that pretty new suit and boots to use.

sergio
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 03:16 PM
I would be down for a sunday ride if anybody is interested.

Foolds
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 03:23 PM
I think it's WEAK

Get your ass to the track JJ

Then it fits me perfectly. Weak is my game what can I say!

Zach929rr
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 03:23 PM
I'm down. Need something a little quicker paced after following traffic all the way back down 72 through Blackhawk on the noobish ride today. My ass hurts from sitting in the same spot... ughhh!!

120th&Conoco?

Foolds
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 03:26 PM
Yes 120th Cononco!

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 03:54 PM
anyone up for earlier start then meet up with the nooniers?
Start at 10 and get in 100 miles before JJ wakes up?

Zach929rr
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 03:55 PM
I could do that too. What route we thinking here?

Foolds
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 04:21 PM
Haha I'm trying to include 200sr20, and I would like to hit the gym first! If I had to I could go earlier

lightspeed
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 05:15 PM
12 is good for the kid. If that's the time you guys decide on...I'll be there! Thanks for the heads up Zach.

Zach929rr
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 05:16 PM
Yeah... I think I'll be showing up at Noon rather than 10am. I need sleeps.

sergio
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 06:09 PM
I could do the first ride at 10 and then we can meet everybody else at 12 if the 10 ride is still going on.

jakeway
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 06:50 PM
10....12....whatever.....

Sounds like you all know each other so I hope you don't mind a new Coloradian joining up.....

Jake

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 07:40 PM
well 12 it is.
See you all there,

Zach929rr
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 07:41 PM
10....12....whatever.....

Sounds like you all know each other so I hope you don't mind a new Coloradian joining up.....

Jake

Feel Free :up:

120th and I25... Conoco on the south-west side.

lightspeed
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 07:48 PM
Riding w/ you guys is becoming an addiction....Damn, I'm closing in on 4k on the clock and it's only been a month and a week on this bike.

Zach929rr
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 07:50 PM
Likewise......(carries the one, adds the 4, divides by 0)..... 'bout ~1500 miles in 2 weeks? Not to shabbeh.

nattynoo
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 08:41 PM
Gonna be on the track! You kids have fun now and be safe :up:

And JJ...you really do need to get yo skinny ass on the track...ya hear?!?!?!

Zach929rr
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 09:29 PM
Oops! Gotta work at 1pm. Sorry guys :(

sergio
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 09:48 PM
good deal, see you all at 12

asp_125
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 11:56 PM
I'm out this time. You guys have fun. Thanks for the invite JJ. I've got some things to do in the afternoon. I might just take the SV out for a quick 7 run in the morning.

Foolds
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 01:14 AM
See you all at 12 noon! Please every one be geared up I don't want to have to ask any one to leave the ride.

sergio
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 01:31 AM
You mean I can’t wear my gym shorts, flip flops, tank top and bandana? That’s a bummer.

On a serious note, I agree with you. Bikes are replaceable, people are not.

chad23
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 06:12 AM
holly shit you guys are starting to have rules. The bad ass NorCo crew is getting soft. J/K Have fun, be safe and all that other good fuzzy stuff.

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:41 AM
I thought you guys were NorCO and we were northcentral?? NOCE??
NOCE has no rules!!
Ask all the noobies that try to ride with us!!!

Bueller
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:56 AM
Please every one be geared up I don't want to have to ask any one to leave the ride.
:321:

chad23
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 08:27 AM
I thought you guys were NorCO and we were northcentral?? NOCE??
NOCE has no rules!!
Ask all the noobies that try to ride with us!!!
I stand corrected thank.
You guys have the rule but our roads RULE!!!:)

OUTLAWD
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 09:38 AM
can't make it out this time around...have fun guys

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 09:40 AM
look forward to coming up sometime and riding in the GREAT WHITE NORTH RIDE!!

Foolds
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 09:40 AM
:321:

Got a problem?

asp_125
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 10:00 AM
screw it, too nice out to NOT ride. See you suckers at noon.

slayermd
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:03 AM
I might be in if its not too late.

Zach929rr
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:05 AM
Show up at Noon.

I'll be there too! Got work taken care of!

sergio
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:11 AM
I am headin out from aurora in a bit, I might be a little past 12, hopefully kickstands are up a little after 12

Foolds
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:13 AM
I am headin out from aurora in a bit, I might be a little past 12, hopefully kickstands are up a little after 12

Ya KSU will prob be like 12:15

lightspeed
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 01:53 PM
Hope ya'll had fun. I managed to get flagged for running what I saw was a YELLOW light on Colorado blvd and 112th. Me and a car went thru it and they only pulled me of course. They wasted 20mins of my time trying to determine if my bike was stolen or if I had an illegal grenade launcher on the inside pocket of my jacket..:no: all to give me a freakin card and a warning. These guys need to get a life and find someone robbing a bank or sumpthin. Oh and does it take 3 LEOs to give me a warning?

Ceez
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 02:24 PM
Hope ya'll had fun. I managed to get flagged for running what I saw was a YELLOW light on Colorado blvd and 112th. Me and a car went thru it and they only pulled me of course. They wasted 20mins of my time trying to determine if my bike was stolen or if I had an illegal grenade launcher on the inside pocket of my jacket..:no: all to give me a freakin card and a warning. These guys need to get a life and find someone robbing a bank or sumpthin. Oh and does it take 3 LEOs to give me a warning?

Welcome to Thornton!

Zach929rr
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 05:06 PM
Welcome to Thornton!

No joke.

jakeway
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 05:21 PM
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2678/205/118/1149454469/n1149454469_366247_7676255.jpghttp://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2678/205/118/1149454469/n1149454469_366240_7319765.jpg

jakeway
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 05:22 PM
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2678/205/118/1149454469/n1149454469_366187_6551355.jpg

lightspeed
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 05:56 PM
looked like a good time...

Wintermute
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 06:18 PM
What a beaut of a day! Wanted to hook up with you guys, but had to work on the bike so didn't get out of the house until 3pm. Did the Lyons-7-36-Lyons loop, just got back.

Just a lil' chilly up by Longs Peak. Hell of a lot warmer than when I last went through there in early Feb!

slayermd
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 06:19 PM
It was a great ride! Nice meeting some of you for the first time too.

Foolds
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 06:22 PM
Great Ride, glad to see every one stayed safe and we didn't have any awards! Hope to see you guys on the next ride.

Zach929rr
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 06:27 PM
+1 to good ride. It was beautiful today!

Who was I following up front on the way up to Lyons (I was on yellow/black 929rr)?

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 06:30 PM
good times as always!!
Nice meeting new faces and riding with you all.
Counting down now until next sunday.
I think that was the funnest I have done on highway 7 too!

sergio
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:13 PM
It was definitely fun, cant wait till next time. Also to the guy taking the pictures during the ride, I am not sure what your screen name is here. Do you by chance have that picture of me going around the corner. If not, thats fine, if so, let me know and I will pm you my email if you wouldnt mind emailing it to me. Blue R6, black jacket, blue jeans.

asp_125
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:21 PM
OMG that was fun! Not too crazy and no risky riding. Good group! I was going to bail after coming down 7 the first time, but am glad I went to Estes for Philly Cheese Steaks, 'cause that meant another lap of 7. FTW! Did everyone else enjoy the tour of Arvada? ;)

Wintermute
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:30 PM
What time were you guys coming down?

Going up, I passed a largish group of bikes coming down around 4:30-5ish.

asp_125
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:34 PM
North-Central in da houuuuse!
http://2kcrew.lunarpages.com/3-22-ride/images/dscf1144.jpg

7 .. rhymes with heaven!
http://2kcrew.lunarpages.com/3-22-ride/images/dscf1146.jpg

First you head down.....
http://2kcrew.lunarpages.com/3-22-ride/images/dscf1152.jpg

... and then you come back up! Repeat as necessary.
http://2kcrew.lunarpages.com/3-22-ride/images/dscf1159.jpg

Spring time in the Rockies!
http://2kcrew.lunarpages.com/3-22-ride/images/dscf1168.jpg

The rest of the pics - sorry the camera I had was just a cheapie one. One of these days I'm gonna camp out at a corner on 7 a-la Killboy with my DSLR and tele lenses.
http://2kcrew.lunarpages.com/3-22-ride/index.html

PM me for the original sized files tomorrow if you want one.

uwona
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:58 PM
How many bikes did y'all have? Looks like a better size group than Saturday. I wish I would have been out, the baby shower blew, if it wasn't for my margaritas I would have passed out. I had hella winds here...then again I always do. How was the wind for y'all? I hope the weather is nice for a ride next weekend. The lame thing is I will be on the back of my own bike :cry: I might get ditched on the side of the road, if the old man decides he wants to go act like a hooligan!

Zach929rr
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 08:01 PM
Definitely smaller than Saturday :up:

asp_125
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 09:10 PM
http://2kcrew.lunarpages.com/3-22-ride/images/dscf1161.jpg
JJ's sexay leathers made my hands shake, it's all fuzzy. :D

Ceez
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 09:13 PM
Awesome pics, so jealous.

SaShWhO
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:14 AM
thanks to all the fine riders that joined in on the fun.
great weather, great people, great food, great ride/route what else is there to say.
Thanks Jeff for the pics!

DevilsTonic
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:39 PM
:lol: was nice to meet you guys. My son had a blast riding up there with you guys! I'm not sure I know some of you based on your screen names, but it was nice to meet you none the less.

Player 2
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 04:50 PM
Sad to hear you guys left someone behind at a light because your group was so large. :| (no, this hasn't been posted here on CSC... I know this person and they told me)

I honestly don't understand why you guys like 20+ riders in your groups. All it does is bring extra attention to you that you already don't need.

Glad you guys had a safe time with no problems but you seriously should consider limiting group size or splitting into multiple controlled groups so nobody is left behind

Do your thing and be safe but you won't catch me on one of these...

Foolds
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 05:23 PM
Sad to hear you guys left someone behind at a light because your group was so large. :| (no, this hasn't been posted here on CSC... I know this person and they told me)

I honestly don't understand why you guys like 20+ riders in your groups. All it does is bring extra attention to you that you already don't need.

Glad you guys had a safe time with no problems but you seriously should consider limiting group size or splitting into multiple controlled groups so nobody is left behind

Odd we counted 17 bikes to start 17 bikes at first start. Guess we picked up some one else. How were we to know?

Player 2
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 05:29 PM
EDIT: nevermind :roll:

Obviously a lost cause. You all seem to like the LARGE groups for some odd reason.

I'll stick to my smaller more personal groups and my WONDERFULLY awesome days at the track :up:

And JJ, I doubt this person would complain about being left behind if she hadn't STARTED with the group in the first place.

Aphrodite
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 05:43 PM
Didn't do the Sunday ride but did do the Saturday ride what a blast, never rode with a group that big ever, hope to ride with every ride I can, next time I'll have full gear, not just my jacket and helmet though. Glad to meet everyone though many of you I never even talked to you but I will eventually.

Great group of people very Impressed.

SaShWhO
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 05:49 PM

Obviously a lost cause. You all seem to like the LARGE groups for some odd reason.

I'll stick to my smaller more personal groups and my WONDERFULLY awesome days at the track :up

And JJ, I doubt this person would complain about being left behind if she hadn't STARTED with the group in the first place.

I'll ride with you anytime you say go big boy.

Player 2
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 05:57 PM
I'll ride with you anytime you say go big boy.
April 19th @ Pueblo. Be there or be... well.... :slappers:

and of course if the R1 is back on the road before then you'll hear from me ;)

nattynoo
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 07:19 PM
I agree with Jon. I loved the rides that we went on last fall when there were only like 3-7 of us, less than that would be good too. Just less to worry about when riding.

I can understand wanting to be in a large group though, its nice to feel that you are a part of something. I just prefer to be included in a close-knit small group of friends...and even then I have a hard time remembering everyone's name :lol:

Well, to each their own! If you all had a blast than thats all that matters! Just be safe and courteous to everyone :up:

asp_125
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 07:43 PM
I like all kinds of groups, or just by myself. Big groups are a bit of a cluster if it's disorganized. Small groups are more fun if everyone rides the same pace. It's just different and I like to mix it up and ride with new people sometimes. Part of it is the nice spring, everyone's jonesing to ride. I suspect as folks get to know who's who there will be smaller groups that become "regulars".

For the life of me I can't recall who got dropped. I remember seeing 3 women riders on Sunday, since Jon alluded to "she". There were 3 at the start and 3 in Lyons. I wasn't lead this time so I wasn't paying attention. I know I two of them are in my pics and the other was Leah and her son.

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
I too like riding in all the rides, weither big or small. Best way to meet new people, find out who you are comfortable with and can ride with them later.
Funny how we all were newbies to eachother at one time or another...
All coming together to share stories of rides or learn from others,
getting to know people, going to all the events and socializing,
that's what CSC is all about, some more colorful then the others, some way faster then I will ever be, couple slower, but I will wait for them too.
See ya sunday, 6 days and counting....
MHM guys, you are welcome too.

DevilsTonic
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 08:48 PM

Odd we counted 17 bikes to start 17 bikes at first start. Guess we picked up some one else. How were we to know?I was riding sweep with Dutch since I had my son with me, and made sure that there was no one behind me, nor did I ever pass anyone. I'm not sure who or what they're talking about.

I stayed behind everyone at all times and no one was left at any lights while I was on the ride.

It may have happened after Dutch and I broke off in Lyons, but when Dutch and I were sweeping there was none of that going on.

jakeway
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:39 PM
Well....the "left behind" obviously wasn't DT....and the other two (Sherry and Tanya) broke off with me and a few others instead of going up to Estes......so I call Shenanigans.

And big groups kick ass.

lightspeed
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:41 PM
Didn't do the Sunday ride but did do the Saturday ride what a blast, never rode with a group that big ever, hope to ride with every ride I can, next time I'll have full gear, not just my jacket and helmet though. Glad to meet everyone though many of you I never even talked to you but I will eventually.

Great group of people very Impressed.

Thanks, it was great meeting you on saturday too. Hope to see you out on more rides..and nice 500 you got there.

lightspeed
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:43 PM
And big groups kick ass.

+1

And on top of that...I just like to ride, big or small groups. Nice to brush elbows and lean with other riders just happy to be out on two wheels.

eg bter
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
:imwithstupid:

Player 2
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 10:22 PM
Well....the "left behind" obviously wasn't DT....and the other two (Sherry and Tanya) broke off with me and a few others instead of going up to Estes......so I call Shenanigans.

And big groups kick ass.
Nope, just me having my facts mixed up. She was left behind on Saturday in Golden. My mistake on the day.

I'm curious, WHY do "big groups kick ass"? Just wondering why you feel that way.

Obviously everyone has their own preference. Some will prefer large, some will prefer small. My comments regarding group size are directed at a couple of individuals in this thread, not everyone.

Again, ride your own ride and be safe. That's all that matters in the end...

Bueller
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Big groups = Colorado Social Club
Too much bullshit, too much stopping and chit-chat. You play hell keeping track of everyone if that even happens. If I want to visit I'll go to bike night somewhere. If I head up to ride that is what I want to do. On several big rides I have broken off to actually go ride. Those that like big groups either haven't been on enough of them or are there for the social aspect.

Aphrodite
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 06:45 AM
I liked the big group, although the traffic got stupid cause of the ridiculous traffic lights changed and aloud one bike and one car to get through it? I was one that got separated in golden could have hooked a u-turn and been back with the group but I had a clue where I was on 6th Ave, had to pee so went home and then figured things out, would have been alot smoother if the traffic lights weren't 2 seconds long breaking the group up. But on the flip side this was my first ride on any kind of large scale and I think it went smoothly, cause it was my screw up that got me seperated, still found the final destination once I got an I dead of where this place was. With the help of having a cell and being able to call a member of the group and get directions, the GPS was worthless.

I felt like an Idiot cause it was my mistake that got me seperated.

At about 5:17 is where it got stupid and initiated the beginning of my seperation when I could have just hung back and relaxed. :crazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZy0zo_xC6Y

lightspeed
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Those vids are great BTW. Makes me want to get a cam on my bike...

Foolds
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 09:01 AM

I'll stick to my smaller more personal groups and my WONDERFULLY awesome days at the track :up:

Jon if you actuly read my post you would see I said we must have picked some on else up. This would clearly indicate made the person you were eluding to got left behind and we picked up a new rider and therefore didnt notice we had lost some one.

We understand you don't like large groups and can respect that but I'm also not the kind of guy who wants to exclude people. Their are times I will go on more selective rides but there are also times when it is nice to go on more social rides.

Player 2
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Jon if you actuly read my post you would see I said we must have picked some on else up. This would clearly indicate made the person you were eluding to got left behind and we picked up a new rider and therefore didnt notice we had lost some one.

We understand you don't like large groups and can respect that but I'm also not the kind of guy who wants to exclude people. Their are times I will go on more selective rides but there are also times when it is nice to go on more social rides.
JJ, I read your post my man. :roll: Sometimes mistakes are made in large groups and things aren't always "clearly indicated"

No worries dude. Like I said, do your thing and I'll do mine. You like the social aspect of it apparently, I don't (at least not to the tone of 20-30+ people on a ride). Been there done that too many time over the past 6 years in CSC. Big groups get old fast (maybe they won't for you since you're such a social butterfly)

Bueller, we'll have to ride some this season! Been too long... :up:

Aracheon
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I share Jon's opinion on the big groups. I've ridden in my fair share of LARGE group rides over the years, and when you spend more time babysitting instead of riding, the level of enjoyment really starts to decline. I would much rather ride in a smaller group of people that I know and trust.

Sean
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 10:39 AM
I share Jon's opinion on the big groups. I've ridden in my fair share of LARGE group rides over the years, and when you spend more time babysitting instead of riding, the level of enjoyment really starts to decline. I would much rather ride in a smaller group of people that I know and trust.I thought it was because no one liked riding with you? :turtle:

:slappers:

MikeG
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 11:12 AM
the saddlebags strike fear into their hearts

Bueller
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 04:26 PM
JJ, I read your post my man. :roll: Sometimes mistakes are made in large groups and things aren't always "clearly indicated"

No worries dude. Like I said, do your thing and I'll do mine. You like the social aspect of it apparently, I don't (at least not to the tone of 20-30+ people on a ride). Been there done that too many time over the past 6 years in CSC. Big groups get old fast (maybe they won't for you since you're such a social butterfly)

Bueller, we'll have to ride some this season! Been too long... :up:
+1 verbatim
And we will:siesta: