PDA

View Full Version : Estar al tanto de Los Banditos de sureņos

Mental
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 08:35 AM
What will happen to our intrepid adventurers? Will Mental be denied boarder permissions because he is sporting a new haircut and looks nothing like his passport?

Will Bashasourus get stopped at the metal detectors because he is now the 6 Million Dollar Man?

Will Zeta actually get annoyed with the two of them and follow through with his threat to "turn this whole thing around and go right back home?"

...and of course the lingering questions....
Will Bash remember to turn on his tracker?
Who will be the first to buy the little blue pills in Mexico? (psssst, its Zeta)
Can you really survive on $5 a day?

These questions will probably not be answered until we get back, but you can track the hapless lot of your SoCo adventurers here:
http://rally.star-traxx.com/?rally=85
with OKDs magic satellite tracker. Thanks to OKD and his S-I-L for letting us borrow them.

Click on the link. If the map doesn't come up, it will offer a list of trips, choose the last one, "SoCo Copper Canyon."
Mental is Bike 1, Bash is Bike 2. Zeta doesn't get one because OKD only has one lovely daughter, and hence only one Son in law for us to bumm these off of.

Meanwhile, if you ride on big trips, hike, mountain bike, or just find yourself on the road a lot, these things are pretty cool.
http://www.findmespot.com/en/
http://www.findmespot.com/en/us_overview/images/img7.jpg

OKD is a dealer for them and can talk a whole lot more intelligently about it than I can. The are surprisingly affordable as well.

Meanwhile, feel free to watch us, especially on Monday when the snow starts.

Sean
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 08:44 AM
Cool tracking website :up:

Good luck.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 09:59 AM
Slick!

= Buckeye Jess =
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 10:23 AM
Now that is awesome, I'll be watching!!

y_merkle
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 10:40 AM
Have fun guys! May have to talk to OKD about that unit since I back pack a lot. Then again I don't mind getting lost for awhile!

Tipys
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 10:51 AM
But is a planned getting lost really getting lost

y_merkle
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 02:41 PM
I guess you are right. It's more like maybe I don't want to be found. But then again maybe Brian wants me to get lost! LOL!

PharmerKyle
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the update.

It's so cool that you have trackers. If we see you sitting in one place for too long we can call the embassy for you.

COS Mille
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Strange every time I check on them they are far apart.....But they have really put in some miles, what a ride!

Igor
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 10:38 PM
I'm interested in hearing about this trip...

Looks like mental, with OKD's tracking unit is well on his way back. He's in T or C right now heading up I25. Meanwhile, Bash with my unit (which hasn't reported since 9:30 this morning) is still well south of the border...

Hopefully the batteries simply quit, or he just stopped pressing the button. Those are some rough roads though, so it could have bounced off into the bushes too. Maybe it will get picked up and we'll have a chance to track the local drug cartel :guns:

Since no one in that crew would leave anyone THAT far in the dust, I'm sure the treo is safe. :)

RajunCajun
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Oooh, looks like he finally made it to Las Polamos!