PDA

View Full Version : To those who speed on I25

Zach929rr
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 06:33 PM
Don't do it. Seriously, especially up in Thorton. :banghead: :cry:
P.S. I was pretty sure I was pacing traffic... ugh

chad23
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 06:36 PM
sad thing isyou probably were paced with traffic, but you look like you are going faster.

Tipys
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 06:36 PM
Well I may have to say duh

Zach929rr
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 06:37 PM
Well I may have to say duh

Yup. Big duh. Just throwing out a friendly reminder to everyone. Courtesy, ya know?

PhL0aTeR
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 06:42 PM
and people wonder why everyone passes me on I25..... i do the speed limit now.... sucks you got popped tho.... ive been "that guy" before..... shitty

Zach929rr
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 06:43 PM
ive been "that guy" before..... shitty

Lol. People will say what they will about 24+, doesn't really bother me. I won't be doing that much on 25 ever again. Just hoping I could save a few others with a head-check on speed.

Tipys
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 06:47 PM
Ya I dont speed at all in town any more

Bueller
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 06:56 PM
Ain't just there. Speed in the right places, and quit passing me in the straights and then parking in the corners :lol:

Not aimed at anyone specific

srsly.

BUSANAS
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 07:08 PM
yep dont do it around the springs either... rant rant.... whats that about a $160 ticket? mine was $162 for 12 over..rant rant

Tipys
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 07:15 PM
Ain't just there. Speed in the right places, and quit passing me in the straights and then parking in the corners :lol:

Not aimed at anyone specific

srsly.

Ya for reals this happens to me all the time.

Zach929rr
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 07:16 PM
looked like his chart said $180 for 1st offense. Thorton needs that new officer's lounge :/

BadAssR1
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 07:32 PM
must been right there on 92nd and i25

Zach929rr
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 07:33 PM
must been right there on 104th and i25

Fixed.

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 07:35 PM
thanks for the heads up.
As I know we all speed at one time or another. I mean, they all speed......

asp_125
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 10:07 PM
Bummer! Traffic was heavy this afternoon coming back from 303 Cycles. That probably saved my ass.

= Buckeye Jess =
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 02:26 AM
Wow Zach...yer ticket was more expensive than mine! lol
Bummer though dude! Even when you are merely keeping up with traffic, nine times outta ten, they are gonna nail the biker just b/c they can.

Tipys
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 05:46 AM
$180 dollar ticket is not bad. It would have been a $290 here is the springs $10 for every mph over the limit.

Carlito
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 08:20 AM
Traffic? What's that? lol Unless traffic is really heavy and prohibits me from passing, I don't waste my time in it. As far as speeding is concerned, why have a bike capable of doing 160+ if you plan to follow speed limits. Sounds like a cruiser is better suited for some, as sportbikes are not designed for comfort or cruising, they're designed for speed and performance.

Sportbikes don't even begin to shine until you get to 80+. We went carving up the canyons yesterday and while it's still too early to fully enjoy the twisties (gravel), the thrill of the ride didn't even start until I was taking my turns at 60+. It will be even better when I can hit the canyons at 80+, but that's still a month or two away unfortunately.

As far as cops are concerned, we always look out for cops, always. If we do spot one and he lights it up, we're usually way ahead of traffic by the time he even thinks of trying to find us again, if he finds us at all.

To each his own I guess.

Bueller
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 08:33 AM
Traffic? What's that? lol Unless traffic is really heavy and prohibits me from passing, I don't waste my time in it. As far as speeding is concerned, why have a bike capable of doing 160+ if you plan to follow speed limits. Sounds like a cruiser is better suited for some, as sportbikes are not designed for comfort or cruising, they're designed for speed and performance.

Sportbikes don't even begin to shine until you get to 80+. We went carving up the canyons yesterday and while it's still too early to fully enjoy the twisties (gravel), the thrill of the ride didn't even start until I was taking my turns at 60+. It will be even better when I can hit the canyons at 80+, but that's still a month or two away unfortunately.

As far as cops are concerned, we always look out for cops, always. If we do spot one and he lights it up, we're usually way ahead of traffic by the time he even thinks of trying to find us again, if he finds us at all.

To each his own I guess.
Awesome :spit:

swademaster
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 09:44 AM

To each his own I guess.

And all while one one wheel, too.

Looks like MHM is back to it's normal bullshit.:slappers:

Ricky
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 10:34 AM
They have been really hardcore about I25N between 84th and 120th the last couple of months. I usually sit with 9 over being safe enough... especially when there are plenty going faster than you. I usually get clocked at least once every day. I have never been pulled over on that stretch because I know their patterns and habits.

Is that really an 8 point ticket???

Zach929rr
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 10:48 AM
6 pointer. Hopefully less on the early mail in :dunno: Yeah that Northern part of I25 is the stretch I really don't know 5-0 operating patterns on, so it serves me right I suppose.

BUSANAS
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:14 AM
speed limits are like red lights "voluntary compliance" and we dont voluntarily comply !!

YZFRydn
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Not sure why that guy is calling you out on it Zach. Why would you haul ass through a section where you know there are a bunch of cops just because you're one a "sportbike"? Correct me if I am wrong but there are no twisties on the northern section of I25 that I would have to do 80+ on until I started enjoying it. Getting home ten minutes faster because I can go fast in a straight line isn't going to overcome a 6 point ticket.

Ceez
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 02:32 PM
Bum deal Zach, Webman is right, Thornton and Northglenn PD have been covering that area pretty good. Good excuse for me to get a speedo healer when I get the bike up and running. Chaulk it up to (bad) experience brother.

GixxerCarrie
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 04:52 PM
Yeah...Zach I feel for you....and yup Cesar a learning one!

Whenever I'm meeting the Northies I take it speedlimit all the way to 120th from a little after 58th on...cause hasn't been a time when Ive been headed that way where I haven't seen the cops.

Zach929rr
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 05:05 PM
It's all good. I found out State Farm typically only checks on big changes in policy, so I should be alright.

And to the guy talking about doing 160+ cuz 'your on a sportbike duhduhdurr'.....

Srsly?

Carlito
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 05:10 PM
I'm not calling anyone out in particular or else I would have quoted him directly. I'm speaking about the thrill of riding a sportbike in general. Speeding is not for everyone, nor is splitting lanes. I do both of these about 90% of the time. I do what I do because I enjoy the thrill of the ride.

I would have purchased a cruiser if all I wanted to do was "cruise" around town or watch my speed. Cops are a deterrent, nothing more. If I see one in time, I'll slow down to avoid getting a ticket, but if I have enough time I'll get some miles between us as fast as possible.

Not everyone is comfortable riding that way, so I'm not faulting anyone for respecting speed limits, just telling everyone that I personally don't care. The OP himself stated that he was pacing traffic and still got a ticket (I know you can still be speeding and pacing traffic lol). The point I'm trying to make is that you should do what you feel is comfortable, but don't do it just because everyone else is.

And all while one one wheel, too.

Looks like MHM is back to it's normal bullshit.:slappers:

Yeah, I forgot my full racing gear get up and my stop to the local Starbucks before I hit that wheelie. I can't think of anything more exciting than cruising around in my track gear, sipping on my latte and waiving to the little old ladies on the street. Enjoy! lol

Giianee
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I forgot my full racing gear get up and my stop to the local Starbucks before I hit that wheelie. I can't think of anything more exciting than cruising around in my track gear, sipping on my latte and waiving to the little old ladies on the street. Enjoy! lol

OH MY GOD,,, You do that too??? :bow: However while doing a wheelie @ 120mph+,,, I've found that a cup holder works very well when I pick up a Frappuccino before the ride! :up:

Wintermute
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 06:36 PM
I got nicked by a State Trooper today on Neva Rd, a tiny little arrow-straight 2-lane that runs from Gunbarrel to 36. (Hits 36 right before Left Hand Canyon.)

I was doing around 15 over, after a short lecture about all the dead bikers he's had to clean up lately, he kindly let me go with a warning. I rode like old people fuck the rest of the day. In the straights, anyway.

In the 2.5 years I've lived up here, I've seen Boulder County 3 times, Boulder City 2, and that is the first Trooper I've ever seen off Foothill Parkway. It's just a freak sighting. Thank God I wasn't going my usual speed there. Must be the Spidey-sense.

Nick_Ninja
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Have lived in Boulder for over fifty years. My county record is:

BCSO - Zero times
BPD - Once in 1986 ---- 30 in a 25
CSP - Once in 1984 ---- 135 in a 55 (written up as 94 in a 55)

This doesn't mean I'm violation free.

2008 Speeding <= 15 MPH over the limit / Jefferson County SO
2007 Speeding <= 15 MPH over the limit / Jefferson County SO
2005 Speeding <= 15 MPH over the limit / Summit County CSP

Wintermute
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:13 PM
Damn, 135 in a 55! What was the cop's reaction on that one? In my experience, they turn into rage-filled lunatics at a violation like that.

RCStylin'
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:21 PM

To each his own I guess.
You RAWK so hard! :headbang:

Nick_Ninja
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:43 PM
Damn, 135 in a 55! What was the cop's reaction on that one? In my experience, they turn into rage-filled lunatics at a violation like that.

He was fairly outraged. Told me he could have my bike towed ----- but allowed men to ride it home where I snagged my '79 Honda CBX :twisted:

asp_125
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:48 PM
I got nicked by a State Trooper today on Neva Rd, a tiny little arrow-straight 2-lane that runs from Gunbarrel to 36. (Hits 36 right before Left Hand Canyon.)

I was doing around 15 over, after a short lecture about all the dead bikers he's had to clean up lately, he kindly let me go with a warning. I rode like old people fuck the rest of the day. In the straights, anyway.

In the 2.5 years I've lived up here, I've seen Boulder County 3 times, Boulder City 2, and that is the first Trooper I've ever seen off Foothill Parkway. It's just a freak sighting. Thank God I wasn't going my usual speed there. Must be the Spidey-sense.

Neva road? There's never anybody on Neva road .... thanks for the heads up. I usually take Nelson, with the nice esses. :evil:

Wintermute
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:51 PM
Good point, I should ride up 63d to Nelson when going to the Estes playroads. Often I'm heading to Lefthand and Neva's perfect for that. Actually, that might not work, I think theyr'e closing 63d again north of Niwot road for work.

No way in hell will Neva become cop-infested. I probably got unlucky enough to meet a trooper on it the one time they drive it in the year.

utsv650
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 12:33 AM
i was ticketed a little over a week ago for supposedly parking in a handicapped space with no placard at northglen open space when it was most definitely not a handicapped zone... im the typa person who sees someone just hop out of their car in a handicapped zone at the grocery store and get little pissed... so i def dont do it...

anyway onto my point..

i immediately went to challenge it and the judge ended up suspending the fine..phew

BUT - 10 of the 13 people ahead of me in the docket got nearly the identical ticket you (zach929rr) got @ 104th and i25... all on february 13th too... so... i already had this noted... but damn do i hate getting tickets for going with traffic and even especially right after you get passed by a group going much faster... gahh.. oh well...

how else will obama pay for his budget?

Wintermute
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 12:59 AM
I don't think any state or municipal traffic ticket dollars go to the feds. Unless there's some way to get a ticket from a fed...anybody been pulled over by the FBI?

*TNT*
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 03:38 AM
It sucks to be singled out like that and I feel us as bikers are much more likely to get ticketed or pulled over for anything even if stupid shite but fortunately I never got a ticket on my bike.....as for driving cars a have gotten a bunch to count for!!!

t_jolt
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 06:36 AM
I'm not calling anyone out in particular or else I would have quoted him directly. I'm speaking about the thrill of riding a sportbike in general. Speeding is not for everyone, nor is splitting lanes. I do both of these about 90% of the time. I do what I do because I enjoy the thrill of the ride.

Im just saying that there will be people if they see someone lane splitting, they may move over at the last minute to block you. Also, ( yeah i've done this) if i see a vechile running from the cops, i will put my ass right in front of you and do what i can to slow you down. But to each his own.

For every action comes reactions. You cant have one without the other. Know that if you speed you risk the ticket. ( sucks man im sorry, I go to court for mine on the 14th :( ) Im calling anyone out here, just letting people know to be perpared for what ever they choose

Giianee
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 08:25 AM
Im just saying that there will be people if they see someone lane splitting, they may move over at the last minute to block you. Also, ( yeah i've done this) if i see a vechile running from the cops, i will put my ass right in front of you and do what i can to slow you down.

Yes, but @ 120mph you're traveling at 175.2 feet per second. So lets give the cop a standard 3 second reaction time, another 3 seconds to holster the laser/radar gun, and assuming that it takes him another 20 seconds to merge with traffic and start to reach high speeds. So in that 26 seconds that we used as an example, you would be over 3/4 of a mile down the highway.(apprx 4,555feet) At that point I would say that the vast majority of people wouldn't even begin to notice the flashing lights comming up behind them. Let alone it would take them a couple seconds to put two and two together, that the cop is chasing you.

Tipys
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 08:42 AM
giiran your a moron if you going to even try and run from the cops your putting yourself at risk and everyone else a risk. while i still going to be riding my bike while your stuck behind bars.

dirkterrell
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:02 AM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=070425_1_A11_hTwoy84735

Here are a couple of pictures of the aftermath and they are graphic:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/graphics/truckhelmet2_small.jpg

http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/graphics/truckhelmet3_small.jpg

You guys blasting down the highways in traffic at 100+ and running from cops when you get caught endangering others need to think hard about what you're doing. There is a time and place for pushing your machine to the limit. On the track is. In traffic on I-25 is not. There is more to think about than just your own selfish desires. You have no right to endanger others on the highway. Come race with us and get it out of your system.

Dirk

dm_gsxr
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:05 AM
I don't think any state or municipal traffic ticket dollars go to the feds. Unless there's some way to get a ticket from a fed...anybody been pulled over by the FBI?

The Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia. That's a federal park and the park police have given $2,000 tickets to the local riders.

Carl

t_jolt
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:13 AM
Yes, but @ 120mph you're traveling at 175.2 feet per second. So lets give the cop a standard 3 second reaction time, another 3 seconds to holster the laser/radar gun, and assuming that it takes him another 20 seconds to merge with traffic and start to reach high speeds. So in that 26 seconds that we used as an example, you would be over 3/4 of a mile down the highway.(apprx 4,555feet) At that point I would say that the vast majority of people wouldn't even begin to notice the flashing lights comming up behind them. Let alone it would take them a couple seconds to put two and two together, that the cop is chasing you.

Oh i understand that, but what im saying is that the cop; one is either going to catch up to you, or he is going to radio it in. ( No one can out run a radio) Now if lets just say the cop gets up to speed with you, and you dont slow down, then you see where im going with this. im not saying i have to be right by the cop when you do this. Im saying that if i can tell your running from the cop, you know the cop is chasing you, and im in front of you, i have no problem making it harder for you to get away.
Maybe i just think that its crazy and stupid, to do triple digets with traffic. It doesnt take much at those speeds to lose it. You lose focus and well there are no corner workers to come running after you. We all have things we like to do to get that rush. Right, wrong, or indifferent. Doesnt matter. Just know to expect the unexpected. I feel those speeds are best suited elsewhere. and when it come to running from the cops, that a personal choice you make.

Tyrel

YZFRydn
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:42 AM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=070425_1_A11_hTwoy84735

Here are a couple of pictures of the aftermath and they are graphic:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/graphics/truckhelmet2_small.jpg

http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/graphics/truckhelmet3_small.jpg

You guys blasting down the highways in traffic at 100+ and running from cops when you get caught endangering others need to think hard about what you're doing. There is a time and place for pushing your machine to the limit. On the track is. In traffic on I-25 is not. There is more to think about than just your own selfish desires. You have no right to endanger others on the highway. Come race with us and get it out of your system.

Dirk

Need anyone say more?

Sean
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:42 AM
If I see one in time, I'll slow down to avoid getting a ticket, but if I have enough time I'll get some miles between us as fast as possible.
...Best
...advise
...ever!

(please reread last statment with more sarcasm. :no:)

I like going fast in the canyons as the next guy, but running is stupid. There are basically three endings if you run:
1. You get away (and there's a checkered flag waiting for you at home)
2. The cop catches you (or radios ahead) you wind up in jail and have a very expensive and bad day. (tickets, fines, repo etc)
3. Due to the excessive speed you crash. Hospital/death and also making it really unsafe for everybody around you. Because you want to get out of a $150 ticket you t-bone a mini van with mom and kids hurting/killing them.

To me it's not worth it. A 1 out of 3 chance of having a good result is not justifyable. Why do 60+ in the canyon corners (cops/dirt/minivans) when you can do 90+ in the corners on the track, for less cash than a ticket? But what do I know, I like wearing gear and I went to Starbucks yesterday morning. I'm in it for the longevity of riding.

Ricky
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 10:10 AM
how else will obama pay for his budget?

I suggest you do your research. Those monies don't go to the feds. Hell, I'd be surprised if ANY of it even goes back to the state. The majority of that money will stay in the county where you got the ticket.

MetaLord 9
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 10:30 AM
My $.02

- Ticket revenues go to the jurisdiction of the officer writing the tickets (State Troopers to Co., local municipalities to city/county)
- Having a bike that does 160+ doesn't mean that if I'm not doing 160+ at every possible opportunity that I've wasted my money as long as I enjoy my ride, my bike, and my day
- Running from a police officer is entirely up to you. I'll never do it. I prefer the devil I know to the devil I don't
- Riding through traffic at 160+ and lane splitting (anywhere but California) is what gives sportbike riders a bad name. It's often a product of selfish bravado that has no place on a road and is too often ended with a sudden physics lesson
- Giving someone else crap about wearing too much gear or wearing it too often is kind of like telling a climber that you're just being soft for using that saftey rope. If you wear a helmet on a regular basis remember that the guy riding 70+ up Santa Fe with a t-shirt, no helmet & no sunglasses is giving you the same crap
- To the original point of the thread, thanks for the heads up on the speed traps to those of use who are unfamiliar with their common spots. Speeding is a choice we all make and if we're not prepared for the consequences of our actions, we need to not take them

Carlito
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 12:23 PM
giiran your a moron if you going to even try and run from the cops your putting yourself at risk and everyone else a risk. while i still going to be riding my bike while your stuck behind bars.

That's a pretty arrogant statement considering you have no idea what skill level he's at or what factors motivate anyone to make that decision. While running from the police is certainly not a decision made lightly, it is a decision that some of us are faced with.

The overwhelming majority of people in this world follow society's rules and live their lives based on what everyone else is doing. I don't live like that and neither does anyone else I ride with. Some people will call us idiots for living like that on two wheels, but I say we're the ones living! The choice to speed or run from the law is a choice we all face, but don't fault someone just because they live outside the mold of what everyone else is doing.

I'm not here to preach to anyone on this forum, but I will give everyone this small piece of advice; live the life you want to be living, not the life the masses wants you to. I follow this creed everyday and I can tell you without hesitation that I'm a happier person for it.

Let the flaming continue. lol

dirkterrell
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 12:39 PM
The overwhelming majority of people in this world follow society's rules and live their lives based on what everyone else is doing. I don't live like that and neither does anyone else I ride with. Some people will call us idiots for living like that on two wheels, but I say we're the ones living! The choice to speed or run from the law is a choice we all face, but don't fault someone just because they live outside the mold of what everyone else is doing.

So, someone who decides he doesn't like waiting at red lights should feel free to "live" and pull out in front of you?

Dirk

SaShWhO
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 01:08 PM
My $.02

- Ticket revenues go to the jurisdiction of the officer writing the tickets (State Troopers to Co., local municipalities to city/county)
- Having a bike that does 160+ doesn't mean that if I'm not doing 160+ at every possible opportunity that I've wasted my money as long as I enjoy my ride, my bike, and my day
- Running from a police officer is entirely up to you. I'll never do it. I prefer the devil I know to the devil I don't
- Riding through traffic at 160+ and lane splitting (anywhere but California) is what gives sportbike riders a bad name. It's often a product of selfish bravado that has no place on a road and is too often ended with a sudden physics lesson
- Giving someone else crap about wearing too much gear or wearing it too often is kind of like telling a climber that you're just being soft for using that saftey rope. If you wear a helmet on a regular basis remember that the guy riding 70+ up Santa Fe with a t-shirt, no helmet & no sunglasses is giving you the same crap
- To the original point of the thread, thanks for the heads up on the speed traps to those of use who are unfamiliar with their common spots. Speeding is a choice we all make and if we're not prepared for the consequences of our actions, we need to not take them

plus my 2 cents make it 4.
well said man!--well said.

I know why I ride with the CSC vs. MHM for sure now.

McVaaahhh
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 01:19 PM
<--- Starts popping popcorn.

Wintermute
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
Ride carefully and good luck MHMers.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 01:25 PM
So, someone who decides he doesn't like waiting at red lights should feel free to "live" and pull out in front of you?

Dirk

Reminds me of the old Stones tune:

I was driving home early sunday morning through bakersfield
Listening to gospel music on the colored radio station
And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side

And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran Twenty red lights in his honor
Thank you jesus, thank you lord

Tipys
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 01:40 PM
carlito i dont care if he is nicky hayden or casey stoner skill doesnt out weight stupity. yes he has the chocie to do it but that doesnt make him not a moron for doing it. it is simple like others have said we share the road and he is putting people at risk simple and i am guessing you would run to well that makes you a moron too. and its my chocie to say that but i am not putting anyone at risk and endangering life with that statement. all i have to say is krama is a bitch and you should hope it doesnt catch up with you.

MetaLord 9
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 01:44 PM
oh boy, here we go...:roll:

Giianee
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 01:57 PM

Then apparently i'm a moron. Thanks for the insight Tipys.:horse:

Speaking of being a moron,,,,,,,,, If you need to spell my name, it's right above my avatar on the left of this post. Or just cut and paste it from here.... Giianee .

Just looking out for you brotha

Giianee
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:04 PM
Oh i understand that, but what im saying is that the cop; one is either going to catch up to you, or he is going to radio it in. ( No one can out run a radio) Now if lets just say the cop gets up to speed with you, and you dont slow down, then you see where im going with this. im not saying i have to be right by the cop when you do this. Im saying that if i can tell your running from the cop, you know the cop is chasing you, and im in front of you, i have no problem making it harder for you to get away.
Maybe i just think that its crazy and stupid, to do triple digets with traffic. It doesnt take much at those speeds to lose it. You lose focus and well there are no corner workers to come running after you. We all have things we like to do to get that rush. Right, wrong, or indifferent. Doesnt matter. Just know to expect the unexpected. I feel those speeds are best suited elsewhere. and when it come to running from the cops, that a personal choice you make.

Tyrel

From knowing numerous offices and state troopers,,, also from being a patrol man with DPD for 2 yrs, comes my following statement

The radio is faster than the bike,,, but in reality most officers will not give chase if there is a chance of endagering themselves or others. So unless you commit a felony before hand and they are looking for you, they typically won't give chase. They may hit the lightbar for a couple hundred yards, but after that they'll back off because they assume it is a lost cause. If the officer is a rookie or has a total hard on for you then the circumstances might be different.

puckstr
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:06 PM
I ran from the cops once (when I was 16) and got away. That was the last time. I am older and wiser now and still alive.

I still live "on the EDGE" and "EXTREME". Like right now I am going to go stick a metal fork in the toaster and then my dick.

Giianee
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:06 PM
<--- Starts popping popcorn.

LMFAO.... downhill from here

MetaLord 9
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:08 PM
I predict locking in this thread's future...

puckstr
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
http://mahopa.de/bilder/funny-forum-pictures/thread-lock.jpg

Sean
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:11 PM
most officers will not give chase if there is a chance of endagering themselves or others.
Giianee, isn't that a factor for you and/or MHM? I'm not picking a fight, I'm just curious. Putting innocent bystanders in danger seems like kind of a selfish approach. Just asking...

Giianee
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:14 PM
I ran from the cops once (when I was 16) and got away. That was the last time. I am older and wiser now and still alive.

Well i've been doing it for about 15 yrs,,,, so at least now i know the day that something does happen, i'll be sure to pick up a powerball ticket the next day. :jerkoff:

McVaaahhh
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:15 PM
http://www.peoriadefense.com/photo_host/BuildingaBetterCorn.PopcornThatis_C73D/popcorn.jpg

Giianee
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:16 PM
Giianee, isn't that a factor for you and/or MHM? I'm not picking a fight, I'm just curious. Putting innocent bystanders in danger seems like kind of a selfish approach. Just asking...

We're open on the subject. We don't expect any of our riders to do it, but we also don't restrict them from making their own decisions about their stunts or about where they choose to speed.

Tipys
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:17 PM
how you going to pick up a powerball ticket from jail or after death?

MetaLord 9
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:19 PM
This thread is like watching a car crash in slow motion...

Giianee
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:19 PM
how you going to pick up a powerball ticket from jail or after death?

I'll have my Girlfriend do it. I have a $1 bill in a ziplock bag on the dresser that is labeled for such an occasion :up:

puckstr
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:31 PM
Well i've been doing it for about 15 yrs,,,, so at least now i know the day that something does happen, i'll be sure to pick up a powerball ticket the next day. :jerkoff:

I am pretty sure that would mean your luck had run out

Giianee
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:37 PM
I am pretty sure that would mean your luck had run out

Maybe for items like the lottery my luck runs backwards,, since I haven't hit the jacket pot yet.

Giianee
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:40 PM
Just remember to always keep an eye on your 6

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll294/Giianee/l_7ce168fe0682450b1102249bc5c545-1.jpg

puckstr
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:45 PM
Also remember:

Those body bags aren't gonna fill themselves

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 03:10 PM
i thought there was a rule on Sig. sizes? Is it making up for something else? This thread was good, then got stupid real quick. Good job! :up:

I don't think it was JUST Anthony (Eaheer)...I think its ALL MHM.

SaShWhO
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 03:15 PM
i thought there was a rule on Sig. sizes? Is it making up for something else? This thread was good, then got stupid real quick. Good job! :up:

rules+MHM=oximoron

YZFRydn
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 03:32 PM
rules+MHM=oximoron

Lol.

Just cracked open a beer. DucDuke take 2. lmao

MetaLord 9
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 03:52 PM
I will say that, while I don't agree with the mentality expressed by our two MHM members who are also now CSC members, they didn't come on the site like a troll would. They didn't start by attacking individuals or posting ludicrous things just to get a rise out of people. Carlito & Giianee, you guys are just as welcome to ride the way you want as I am to dislike it. As long as you're not endangering people, do your own thing. There's a reason that MHM & CSC are two different clubs, people don't always ride with the same mentality and everyone wants to belong to a community in one way or another. I dunno if you guys just popped onto the CSC to stir things up or just check things out, either way, enjoy your stay & ride safe.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 03:53 PM
I'd down a beer with the MHM crew --- but I doubt I'd ride with them.

Xtremjeepn
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 04:01 PM
Yes, but @ 120mph you're traveling at 175.2 feet per second. So lets give the... standard 3 second reaction time, .

I can't help myself. I must point out the math here.

So if you are saying the standard reaction time is 3 seconds. Then you have covered 525.6' of distance before ever even reacting to an object in your path of travel. :shocked:

......and FWIW all of your other math was done with the assumption that the cop would only spot and chase you after you passed the partrol car.

If he sees you coming 3/4 mile away, then he is side by side with you when you get there. :shocked: Or in your path of travel....which hopefully you spot him more than 525 feet away. :crazy:

Carlito
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 04:28 PM
I will say that, while I don't agree with the mentality expressed by our two MHM members who are also now CSC members, they didn't come on the site like a troll would. They didn't start by attacking individuals or posting ludicrous things just to get a rise out of people. Carlito & Giianee, you guys are just as welcome to ride the way you want as I am to dislike it. As long as you're not endangering people, do your own thing. There's a reason that MHM & CSC are two different clubs, people don't always ride with the same mentality and everyone wants to belong to a community in one way or another. I dunno if you guys just popped onto the CSC to stir things up or just check things out, either way, enjoy your stay & ride safe.

While I can't speak for Giianee, I can tell you that while I'm in a different crew, I'm here on the forum to chit chat, not start trouble or troll. You will definitely see my posts leaning more towards the ole "do what you want, ride fast, split lanes, etc...", but I won't be bagging on anyone just for the hell of it.

Bottom line is that there are plenty of members here on this forum who will just be here to talk about things, some people will fit the mold of MHM and others the mold of CSC, but we're all riders and that's the important part of this whole scenario. I've said it once and I'll say it again, to each his own.

MikeG
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 04:42 PM
Bottom line is that there are plenty of members here on this forum who will just be here to talk about things, some people will fit the mold of MHM and others the mold of CSC, but we're all riders and that's the important part of this whole scenario. I've said it once and I'll say it again, to each his own.

Agreed!

Wintermute
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
Amen Carlito. I think some of us are assuming that you guys ride like your ass is on fire every minute you're on your bike. We're all adrenaline junkies to various degrees, or we wouldn't be bikers.

Matty
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 05:09 PM
Amen Carlito. I think some of us are assuming that you guys ride like your ass is on fire every minute you're on your bike. We're all adrenaline junkies to various degrees, or we wouldn't be bikers.
Nope Giianee rides like an idiot all the time, lol. Just Kiddin!!!:drink:

Giianee
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 05:27 PM
Nope Giianee rides like an idiot all the time, lol. Just Kiddin!!!:drink:

LOL,,, thanks brotha

Giianee
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 05:31 PM

Nope,,, i'm sized good everywhere,, but thanks for asking.

Giianee
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 05:37 PM
I can't help myself. I must point out the math here.

......and FWIW all of your other math was done with the assumption that the cop would only spot and chase you after you passed the partrol car.

If he sees you coming 3/4 mile away, then he is side by side with you when you get there. :shocked: Or in your path of travel....which hopefully you spot him more than 525 feet away. :crazy:

I understand and agree that my reaction time would come into play after i've covered a good distance, i wasn't trying to make a point about that.

I was using the cops reaction times in like that because, trying to sight in a laser gun at the headlight (which is a good place to target because you can visually fix in on it) of a bike traveling that fast is hard to do @ even 1/4 mile away.

swademaster
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 05:42 PM
Anybody is welcome to ride how they want. As long as they only fuck up themselves, it makes me no difference. It is when you start putting me and my family in danger that I have a problem with it.

Giianee
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 05:43 PM
To clarify,,, we are not on here to single anyone out ( like siphek and repsolsash have) or to start trouble, we're on alot of forums to gain knowledge and offer some where we can. Sometimes other riders will not agree with us as we will not agree with them at times. Everyone has their own views and opions, just as we do, however we won't single anyone out over their opions or riding style. Fortunately there is a Huge difference in how this crew rides and is run now that Eaheer is gone.

Hi11Zone
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 06:35 PM
Ok i got one not as big as 135 but. 116 mph in a 65. I din't even know 2 cops were chasing me they got out of teh car and started screaming at me lol o man. I'll never forget it.

16 points

30days in jail( but i got out of that)
600$
not proud at all..i sure slowed down

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 07:17 PM
plus my 2 cents make it 4.
well said man!--well said.

I know why I ride with the CSC vs. MHM for sure now.

plus my 2 cents, making it 6 cents!!!
I know why I ride with CSC and left MHM for sure!!!:hump:

Giianee
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 07:54 PM
plus my 2 cents, making it 6 cents!!!
I know why I ride with CSC and left MHM for sure!!!:hump:

So do we,,, but in case you forgot,,, you were kicked out :up:

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 08:01 PM
kicked out? No, I left, cause I thought there was more to life then hanging out in gas station parking lots and going a whole 2 miles to a bar!! Just not my thing, but don't hold it against me.
Never once did you go canyon riding!!! But you are more then welcome to come join us sometime.
I thank you for kicking me out, meet some really nice people since then, people more on my level of maturity.

Carlito
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 08:58 PM
Haha! That's what they all say. Just admit it, you couldn't hang so you left. It's all good. I'm being serious when I say this; MHM is not for everyone. It takes a certain kind of person and you're just not that kind of person.

I don't know you, but I know Giianee. I'm sure I would have agreed with his choice had I met you. I'm not coming down on you at all either. I'm just telling it like it is.

Giianee
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:14 PM
kicked out? No, I left, cause I thought there was more to life then hanging out in gas station parking lots and going a whole 2 miles to a bar!! Just not my thing, but don't hold it against me.
Never once did you go canyon riding!!! But you are more then welcome to come join us sometime.
I thank you for kicking me out, meet some really nice people since then, people more on my level of maturity.

LOL,,, For some odd reason I remember going up the canyons just about every sat and sun morning. I guess we just took more advanced riders on those days. :slap:

slayermd
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:25 PM
I'm being serious when I say this; MHM is not for everyone. It takes a certain kind of person and you're just not that kind of person.

We are always looking for new members from all skill levels. If you are a current stunter you will fit right in. If you are a moderate rider, then you will also fit right in. We are also taking in first time riders through our "Newb" program. If this is your first bike and you want to take it to the ultimate level then we can help. We will teach you exactly what your bike is capable of and how you can reach your riding goals.

...From your website...

As far as flaming on this thread goes, it's kinda boring. You MHM guys are conveying your ideas and ways respectfully and in a good manner. Kinda lame because I was looking for a good flame thread.

Giianee
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:34 PM
...From your website...

As far as flaming on this thread goes, it's kinda boring. You MHM guys are conveying your ideas and ways respectfully and in a good manner. Kinda lame because I was looking for a good flame thread.

We'll give anyone a fare shot, that's why it's on our website. As far as a good flame thread,,, Sorry brotha, this one's pretty chill. :cold:

Ceez
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 10:09 PM
I thought we were talking about the cops being posted up in the North. I am not sure what everyones "misunderstandings" are, but I can honestly say that everyone I have met on this forum has been cool as chit meng.

At the end of the day, we are all going to ride with who we want to ride, the style we want to ride, at the pace we want to ride, we are just doing it for the love of the sport. Lately, just seems like there has been a lot of lil misunderstandings here, I am just hoping its just the cabin fever talking and everyone just getting antsy to ride. I know this is a forum and everyone is always going to have a difference of opinions (thats why I keep coming back). But fuck it, lets just squash everything and go ride!

(Did I just say "but fuck it?!":slappers:)

Matty
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 10:32 PM
(Did I just say "but fuck it?!":slappers:)

ya that was pretty gay!!!

Wintermute
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 11:55 PM
Ok i got one not as big as 135 but. 116 mph in a 65. I din't even know 2 cops were chasing me they got out of teh car and started screaming at me lol o man. I'll never forget it.

16 points

30days in jail( but i got out of that)
600$
not proud at all..i sure slowed down

Lawz. Thanks to the vibration a 10k RPM narrow-angle v-twin creates (blue loctite is your friend), that'll be my fate. "What the fuck, why is that fuzzy blur in my mirrors flashing me. Fuck them, time to drop the hammer." Braaaaaaaaap...Oh shit!

Zach929rr
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 08:58 AM
ya that was pretty gay!!!

Negative. There was a distinct lack of ball-touching.

Ricky
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Haha! That's what they all say. Just admit it, you couldn't hang so you left. It's all good. I'm being serious when I say this; MHM is not for everyone. It takes a certain kind of person and you're just not that kind of person.

I don't know you, but I know Giianee. I'm sure I would have agreed with his choice had I met you. I'm not coming down on you at all either. I'm just telling it like it is.

What a contradiction:

"just admit it, you couldn't hang. It takes a certain kind of person, and you're just not that kind of person"

and

"I'm not coming down on you at all"

Giianee
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 12:28 PM
What a contradiction:

"just admit it, you couldn't hang. It takes a certain kind of person, and you're just not that kind of person"

and

Wow,, I thought the nit picking was done a few posts ago,, but i guess not! :jerkoff::jerkoff::jerkoff::jerkoff:

Ricky
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Wow,, I thought the nit picking was done a few posts ago,, but i guess not! :jerkoff::jerkoff::jerkoff::jerkoff:

Not nit picking. Just pointing out a fact.

Orange Crush
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 03:51 PM
OK guys, I'm not trying to be a smart a.. My skill level is probably low compared to you guys, so please be understanding. I noticed that when I'm riding in the middle or right lane at speed limit people is all over my a.., you know, tailgating and such. I usually drive in the left lane, however I always go at traffic speed. If everybody is doing 80, I'm right behind them, keeping my distance, but yes! Doing 80. What do you guys think about it? Is it crazy or should I be in the right or middle lane going at the speed limit? Again, I'm sincerely asking for your guys opinion. I don't want to create any conflicts here.
Thank you in advance for your time,
Best Regards,
Newt.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 03:54 PM
You're only speeding when you get caught. It really doesn't matter which lane you're in.

t_jolt
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 03:56 PM
OK guys, I'm not trying to be a smart a.. My skill level is probably low compared to you guys, so please be understanding. I noticed that when I'm riding in the middle or right lane at speed limit people is all over my a.., you know, tailgating and such. I usually drive in the left lane, however I always go at traffic speed. If everybody is doing 80, I'm right behind them, keeping my distance, but yes! Doing 80. What do you guys think about it? Is it crazy or should I be in the right or middle lane going at the speed limit? Again, I'm sincerely asking for your guys opinion. I don't want to create any conflicts here.
Thank you in advance for your time,
Best Regards,
Newt.

Holy shiet guys, look at this. Respect, Grammar, Punctuation. I congratulate you fine sir :)

+1 with NN

SaShWhO
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 04:03 PM
that's the way the Repsolians roll:alien:

MetaLord 9
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 04:05 PM
If everyone's doing the same speed I vote keep it in the middle or right lanes as the far left is theoretically supposed to be for passing only and there's always going to be someone out there for whom the speed of traffic is never going to be enough, no matter what the MPH.

Oh and you do get points for courtesy and grammar! :applause:

Zach929rr
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 05:05 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/209/477171039_40441118d0.jpg
(http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://rookery2.viary.com/storagev12/864500/864691_93b3_625x1000.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.worth1000.com/contest.asp%3Fcontest_id%3D11689%26display%3Dphoto shop%26page%3D5000&usg=__7T65p0EJVSs3064aUVYMQm2Ltw8=&h=467&w=624&sz=42&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=u0EedzPki2cctM:&tbnh=102&tbnw=136&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmr%2Bt%2Bbad%2Bgrammer%26gbv%3D2%26hl %3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG)

Carlito
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 09:07 PM
What a contradiction:

and

I qualified that last statement by saying "I'm just telling it like it is". In other words I'm not sugar coating it. The truth hurts sometimes, but at least I'm being honest.

*TNT*
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 01:19 AM
You're only speeding when you get caught. It really doesn't matter which lane you're in.

I second you on that one :up: but I'm sure you are more likely to get a ticket if you are on the far left lane :crazy: wouldn't you agree with me Nick???

age315
Sun Apr 5th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Here's an article about I-25 around Dry Creek. I heard something on the news about the city approving overtime for DPD to crack down on speeding on I-25 but couldn't find the article. So this summer there's going to be a bunch of extra cops on I-25 writting tickets.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-driverspeeding-030609,0,5962489.story

YZFRydn
Sun Apr 5th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Here's an article about I-25 around Dry Creek. I heard something on the news about the city approving overtime for DPD to crack down on speeding on I-25 but couldn't find the article. So this summer there's going to be a bunch of extra cops on I-25 writting tickets.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-driverspeeding-030609,0,5962489.story

Good to know. I come down through by University going pretty damn fast.

Mizzybeff
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 09:13 AM
U know all my life I have never gotten a speeding ticket on I-25. Everywhere else yeah but for some reason the place I speed the most I've never gotten a ticket. hmmmm

(knock on wood)

Tipys
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 10:10 AM
U know all my life I have never gotten a speeding ticket on I-25. Everywhere else yeah but for some reason the place I speed the most I've never gotten a ticket. hmmmm

(knock on wood)

Me tooo

But I really dont speed anymore

Tylar
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Pulled over by a trooper on a Hardley as he didn't like the location of my license plate last summer. Either way, the few times I'm on I-25 it's tough to speed and i refuse to split lanes.

76, however . . . . you generally see them before they see you.

GrlRdr
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 11:26 PM
I've gotten three tickets on I-25. All were in a car though...not the bike.

#1 - Northbound at the top of the hill just north of Castle Rock. 86 in a 65, Geo Metro (aka: barely goes speedlimit as it is), racing to the hospital to say goodbye to my grandpa before he passed. The ONLY time I've ever cried in front of a cop...and it was bc of my grandpa, not bc I got pulled over. Told me to have a nice day and handed me a ticket. A**hole!!!

#2 - Southbound at Castle Pines (just before Castle Rock) at night. Driving/pacing with SUV in front of me. Cop pulled me over instead. Got ticket for 75 in a 65 literally 4 DAYS before they changed the speed limit to 75.

#3 - Southbound at Belleview, 70 in a 55, cruising WITH TRAFFIC.

Despite all this...I will have a perfectly CLEAR driving record next month!!!!!! YAY!!!! (knock on wood)

I, too, like to go a little faster than I should on I-25 so thanks for the warning!!!

GixxerCarrie
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Yeah..my moms Ranch is right there in Surry Ridge Right before Castle Pines...they love to hang out there...soon though they will be closing off that exit...so they will have it sit on the off ramp of Castle Pines or the before the new exit by the Hospital...

Matty
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 07:56 AM
#3 - Southbound at Belleview, 70 in a 55, cruising WITH TRAFFIC.

they've been setting up speed traps in this area a lot lately.

GrlRdr
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah..my moms Ranch is right there in Surry Ridge Right before Castle Pines...they love to hang out there...soon though they will be closing off that exit...so they will have it sit on the off ramp of Castle Pines or the before the new exit by the Hospital...

That is where it was! Surry Ridge! Glad that hiding spot is being terminated!

they've been setting up speed traps in this area a lot lately.

That ticket was my last one...three years ago this May...so looks like they've had traps there for quite some time.

Matty
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 02:51 PM
That ticket was my last one...three years ago this May...so looks like they've had traps there for quite some time.
Smart Ass!!!! lol.

GrlRdr
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Smart Ass!!!! lol.

:) Wasn't trying to be a smartass though...

GixxerCarrie
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Saw them all lined up again tonight....Linc and I-25, C-470/E-470 and Surrey Ridge...wasn't quota last week? lol.

Ricky
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 09:08 AM
In the last 10 days, patrols on I25 N between 84th & 120th have gone down. I haven't seen more than one cop at a time.

Ricky
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Wow, speak of the devil. This morning they stepped up the patrol and had a speed trap using the pedestrian crossover, with 4 different officers in vehicles.