You guys seen this video???? My GOD!!!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/170whp-ZX10R-walking-a_56059.htm

Tipys
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 09:05 PM
Hey I didnt know Kawi made a GXSR 1000

lightspeed
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 09:08 PM
Hey I didnt know Kawi made a GXSR 1000

Obviously the driver of the vette titled the vid..

The Black Knight
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 09:39 PM
Really it's not all too surprising. The level of performance you get with a bike I think vastly outweighs the performance you get with a car when compared dollar for dollar. The Bike vs. Car debate will rage on forever but one can't deny that in stock showroom form. Bikes will always win hands down.

Sure you've got heavy hitters like the Vetter, Viper, EVO's and STi's running around. But they pale in comparison to the latest Literbikes. Sure cars have advantages like more grip in corners and better braking. What they lack is sheer power and agility. Plus cars just take up more room on a racetrack.

I'll have to dredge up the magazine that had the comparo in it. But they pitted a stock ZX-6R vs. stock Corvette Z06, and a moderately modified ZX-10R vs. highly modified Skyline and in both instances the cars got spanked. The magazine had tons of data taken at the track. One statistic I do remember very well from the article was the Slalom speed of the ZX10R, it clocked a 124mph!!! slalom speed, and the Vette and Skyline were in the 70mph range.

Another magazine you might try to find is the "Motorcyclist 2002 GSX-R1000 vs. Z06 Corvette" edition. I used to have it in a stack of older mags but haven't been able to trace it down for a long time now. Suffice to say the GSX-R mopped the floor with the Z06. I remember it could go 0-100-0 quicker than the Z06 could just reach 100mph. It beat the Z06 in every category(skidpad, slalom, 0-60, 1/4 mile, you name it). On certain parts of the track they used, the GSXR was going through corners almost double the speed of the Vette.

Don't get me wrong I love fast cars and think they are awesome. But there sure is something to be said, when you get that "corruption of power" smile on your face as you just handed some dude in his high priced car his butt on a plate, with your modest $10k bike.

firefghtr
Sat Mar 21st, 2009, 11:28 PM
wow....thats why kawi's rock out. thats impressive. im sure that vette wasnt a slowch

SamuraiX
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:19 AM
Looks like a 10R to me.

lightspeed
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 08:02 AM
Don't get me wrong I love fast cars and think they are awesome. But there sure is something to be said, when you get that "corruption of power" smile on your face as you just handed some dude in his high priced car his butt on a plate, with your modest $10k bike.

My thoughts exactly! :yes:

Think
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 09:23 AM
wow....thats why kawi's rock out. thats impressive. im sure that vette wasnt a slowch
I'd think any liter bike could whoop the vette like the kawi did.

RyNo24
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 09:28 AM
I am not surprised at all either. Most liter bikes push a 3 to 1 HP to Weight ratio. Indy cars barley push a 2 to 1 ratio. Do the math lol.

YZFRydn
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:33 AM
Really it's not all too surprising. The level of performance you get with a bike I think vastly outweighs the performance you get with a car when compared dollar for dollar. The Bike vs. Car debate will rage on forever but one can't deny that in stock showroom form. Bikes will always win hands down.

Sure you've got heavy hitters like the Vetter, Viper, EVO's and STi's running around. But they pale in comparison to the latest Literbikes. Sure cars have advantages like more grip in corners and better braking. What they lack is sheer power and agility. Plus cars just take up more room on a racetrack.

I'll have to dredge up the magazine that had the comparo in it. But they pitted a stock ZX-6R vs. stock Corvette Z06, and a moderately modified ZX-10R vs. highly modified Skyline and in both instances the cars got spanked. The magazine had tons of data taken at the track. One statistic I do remember very well from the article was the Slalom speed of the ZX10R, it clocked a 124mph!!! slalom speed, and the Vette and Skyline were in the 70mph range.

Another magazine you might try to find is the "Motorcyclist 2002 GSX-R1000 vs. Z06 Corvette" edition. I used to have it in a stack of older mags but haven't been able to trace it down for a long time now. Suffice to say the GSX-R mopped the floor with the Z06. I remember it could go 0-100-0 quicker than the Z06 could just reach 100mph. It beat the Z06 in every category(skidpad, slalom, 0-60, 1/4 mile, you name it). On certain parts of the track they used, the GSXR was going through corners almost double the speed of the Vette.

Excellent post, I'm with you.

thatmofo
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:40 AM
Only 170 whp... hmm.

The Black Knight
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:51 AM
Only 170 whp... hmm.
HAHA 170hp is nothing to sneeze at man.. :)

lightspeed
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 02:00 PM
I am not surprised at all either. .

I bet it's suprising to the new vette owner who just spent his kids college money on a new shiney mid life crisis car with all the bells and whistles only to get walked on by some kid on a 9 thousand dollar bike.:lol:

RyNo24
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:54 PM
I bet it's suprising to the new vette owner who just spent his kids college money on a new shiney mid life crisis car with all the bells and whistles only to get walked on by some kid on a 9 thousand dollar bike.:lol:
I have done it once on my FZ6. The guy was in a newer lower model Vette, he was so pissed when I beat him on my 90hp $6,000 sport tourer :D

Tipys
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:59 PM
I run a 12.8 on my $6,500 with 62HP

haelo
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Couple years ago I spent less than $5000 to run high 9s on a busa.

lightspeed
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Couple years ago I spent less than $5000 to run high 9s on a busa.

:shocked:You spent 5k on the bike or 5k in mods on the bike?

Tipys
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Probly Mods

Zach929rr
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Why do I feel like $5,000 in mods would get you a lot farther then high 9's :dunno:

Tipys
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 06:18 PM
It does sound a little high but with drag racing it takes alot to drop time its like the 4 second cars there are millions of dollars in them to get 4s

KennyFish
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I remember seeing this, I had a guy in a base model c6 vette toying with me on my way home sunday and I pulled away from him on my r6, so I could see any liter bike destroying these cars.

FZRguy
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 07:43 PM
How 'bout F1 vs. MotoGp lap times? I've never seen a comparison and my gut tells me F1 would win that contest.

The Black Knight
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 08:12 PM
How 'bout F1 vs. MotoGp lap times? I've never seen a comparison and my gut tells me F1 would win that contest.
That kind of depends on the track. From what I gather though, Formula 1's are quicker but one thing that should be noted(and from what I've read) F1 don't run the same configuration as MotoGP bikes do on most tracks. I've seen lap time facts on some forums with links for proof(where the car v. bike issue is hotly debated), that show on some tracks Formula 1 cars are a good 15 seconds faster. And on other tracks maybe 3 to 5 seconds faster. So it just depends, I think if the track was geared more towards a bike's strengths(long straights, quick dog leg corners, or chicanes where a bike uses less track) times would be different but on a track geared more for a F1(with hard braking zones, lots of sections with multiple corners) the cars would come out. It would be hard to design a track that would make both bike and car on equal grounds, because both attack tracks very differently.

They may run the same directions and most of the same track but alot of times for F1 they will add in extra turn sections and so forth. But for sure F1 cars are faster just based on their cornering G forces they can attain. Most F1 cars can register 4g's pretty easy. I remember while watching a MotoGP race one of the commentators said, that most GP bikes can attain 2.5g's but that's about it. Which 2.5g's is nothing to sneeze at and that's very good for a bike. But I know F1 pull higher G-forces.

I do remember an on-line article somewhere(it's been years) that gave the statistics of Micheal Shumacher's Ferrari and Nicky Hayden's RC211V bike around Catalunya if I believe. The F1 beat the bike in all the corners with the exception of 2 corners I think.

One thing I thought was very interesting was the straight away comparo between the two. I remember that Shumacher entered the straight at 120km and Hayden at 85km but by the end of the front straight. Shumacher only attained 310km and Hayden was at 326km, which is the interesting part because the bike had to stop sooner for Turn 1(in essence the bike achieved a higher top speed with actually less track) So what it showed was that while the RC211V entered the front straight slower, it actually caught and passed the Ferrari down the front straight. That's pretty insane and shows just how fast those MotoGP bikes can accelerate.

The_Jackel
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Rider def. was not telling something right.. Bike was either set up way different at the track, or that bike is making more power.

Matty
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 08:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v4YNkurhLk&feature=related

lightspeed
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 10:48 PM
That thing is awesome! But change that track ( fewer curves and a little more distance on the straights) and put a 08 10r up against it. I'd like to see that.

thatmofo
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Rider def. was not telling something right.. Bike was either set up way different at the track, or that bike is making more power.

That's why I posted "Only 170 whp... hmm." earlier. Something isn't right if that Vette was truly making that much power and shifting right.

Tipys
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Ya I wish I could test drive the atom to make up my mind but for now I will still rock my bike I like the idea of trying to keep it up rather then just driving.

UglyDogRacing
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 11:35 PM

3100lb vette putting out 700hp vs 380lb bike putting out 170hp. you do the math.

Hi11Zone
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Wow still the fact it was faster then a gt and a bike on that track but im sure a bike could still take it on a different track. Man that loooks liek soo much fun i want one :P

Hi11Zone
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 12:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPc7nyZiGds&feature=channel o ya 0-60 in 1 second o my haha

RyNo24
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 07:35 AM
The Vette has a 3100lbs/700hp which = 4.5 lbs/hp ratio. The bike has 380lbs/170hp which = 2.2 lbs/hp ratio. That is why the bike is faster.

lightspeed
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 09:12 AM
I like the idea of trying to keep it up rather then just driving.

That's it in a nutshell.

The_Jackel
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Bike weighs around 433 full of all fluids, and last time I checked the Rider doesnt weigh zero pounds, looked like a bigger dude say.. 200LBS, I love how everyone always forgets about the rider. This would mean the "bike" would be 633 lbs. 3.7lbs to HP. Not saying the bike wouldnt win, but the gap wouldnt be that big. Just saying

UglyDogRacing
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Bike weighs around 433 full of all fluids, and last time I checked the Rider doesnt weigh zero pounds, looked like a bigger dude say.. 200LBS, I love how everyone always forgets about the rider. This would mean the "bike" would be 633 lbs. 3.7lbs to HP. Not saying the bike wouldnt win, but the gap wouldnt be that big. Just saying

a skilled rider will always beat the car, especially if its a roll-on like in that video.

albinohickey
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 11:26 AM
And that's one fast/modded 10R to wheelie away like that. Pretty sweet vid just for that.

sag
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 12:31 PM
i know a few cars that can smack liter bikes around up top. they just have to have the room to reel them in.

The_Jackel
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 04:47 PM
a skilled rider will always beat the car, especially if its a roll-on like in that video.

Not true, up here at elevation a boosted car makes a big difference, our high compression motors lose alot of power up here. Also a bike is at a disadvantage from a roll.

UglyDogRacing
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Not true, up here at elevation a boosted car makes a big difference, our high compression motors lose alot of power up here. Also a bike is at a disadvantage from a roll.

You sound pretty confident..... Of course there are cars that can beat bikes. But its going to take more that 700hp in a vette to beat a good rider on a liter bike, even at this elevation.

RyNo24
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 05:15 PM

The Vette also has someone in it, also raising the weight. So the horse power to weight still gives the motorcycle an advantage.

lightspeed
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 05:30 PM
i know a few cars that can smack liter bikes around up top. they just have to have the room to reel them in.

Yup..like the Bugatti and several other $500k+ cars. I remains an amazing thing to think about tho. Many people buy sports cars b/c of speed/handling potential.... But the average joe who spends 60-70k for a so called top of the line sports car can't touch any 750 unless they dump much more money at the car. If it's speed you want....it really is very difficult to beat the acceleration of a 8-12k production sports bike...liter, twin, or 750. So not only is the hp/weight ratio an issue....the $$/acceleration ratio is even worse and favors the bike.

sag
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 05:09 PM
i was riding with a friend and watched his friend in an EF civic hatch at 440fwhp take a couple liter bikes from a roll and waste some 600s. given this was about 4 years ago.

YZFRydn
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v4YNkurhLk&feature=related

Believe it or not I actually got to ride in an Atom. I was working at the cycle gear out in LA when a guy in one of these pulled up. His gf wanted a helmet. They came in and out a few times and I looked in awe at his car and one night he asked if I wanted to go for a ride. I couldn't even believe it. I hopped in and we started cruising and he stopped the car in the middle of the road in a 45mph zone with cars right on our ass, the car behind us couldn't have been more than 4 seconds behind us when he just dropped the clutch and we took off. Pics for proof

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r119/YZFRydn/ArielAtom2.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r119/YZFRydn/ArielAtom.jpg

And that's one fast/modded 10R to wheelie away like that. Pretty sweet vid just for that.

A lot of litre bikes will pull the front wheel off the ground through a lot of gears under hard acceleration. Go ride a GSXR sometime. You don't need mods to do that.

As far as the guy or girl racing the atom in the video...I have to say eh at best. That guy or girl definitely was not a professional rider and I would have liked to have a little more info on what bike it was and if there were any mods to be had.

lightspeed
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 06:16 PM
i was riding with a friend and watched his friend in an HF civic hatch at 440fwhp take a couple liter bikes from a roll and waste some 600s. given this was about 4 years ago.

:bs:I'd like to see a vid of that?? I've personally witnessed a driver of a Skyline get his feelings hurt pretty bad by a 05 10r. A civic even with 500whp would get wasted by any modern liter bike with a half way decent rider. It'd prolly walk a modern 600 after 130mph or so....but not a liter bike.:no:

YZFRydn
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 06:21 PM
For the person that asked about MotoGP and Formula 1, here are some lap times from Laguna Seca

All times set within the last few years:
1:07.722
Helio Castroneves -- CART

1:14.185
Tom Chilton -- ALMS LMP1

1:15.606
Sascha Maassen -- ALMS LMP2

1:20.307
Terry Borcheller -- ALMS GT1 (Saleen S7R)

1:22.670
Nicky Hayden -- MotoGP

1:24.357
Negri Jr/ Patterson -- Grand-Am Daytona Prototype

1:24.886
Mat Mladin -- Superbike

1:25.406
Romain Dumas -- ALMS GT2 (Porsche 911 GT3)

Racing motorcycles simply are not capable of the same cornering loads that purpose built racing cars are capable of.

As for the guy saying his friends civic hatchback smoked the 600's and beat the litre bikes, I need to see a video to believe that. Regardless of it being 4 years ago, a litre bike isn't going to be walked by a Civic with 400fwhp

Hi11Zone
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 07:10 PM
i officlay hate you!

sag
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 01:48 PM
:bs:I'd like to see a vid of that?? I've personally witnessed a driver of a Skyline get his feelings hurt pretty bad by a 05 10r. A civic even with 500whp would get wasted by any modern liter bike with a half way decent rider. It'd prolly walk a modern 600 after 130mph or so....but not a liter bike.:no:

not all skylines are fast. okay then i guess the riders sucked or didnt go flatout but i did personally see it. this is a video of him toying with a local gtr that was supposedly around 600awhp. dont get me wrong, i agree a stock liter bike will roll 99% of cars around. i feel as if most literbikes i see at bandi run mid 10s to mid 11s and there are lots of street cars clicking off low 11s. but bench racing be damned, id rather drive home in that vette then on a zx10.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Honda-Civic-spanks-a-GTR_399.htm

albinohickey
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Even if it had 1 million horsepower, it would still be a civic.

Bikes rule because they are fun. :D

lightspeed
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 02:48 PM
but bench racing be damned, id rather drive home in that vette then on a zx10.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Honda-Civic-spanks-a-GTR_399.htm

True..that vette is perrdy. I think I'd drive home in the vette; use the vette for profiling and riding the fairer sex around in. Then after that gets old and I'm tired of sitting in traffic and slaving to paying 700 dollars a mnth plus ins. on it..I'd sell it and buy the 10 for going fast and get a tricked out Supra that's as fast as the vette while still having money left over....lol.