PDA

View Full Version : Need to Talk to a Jeep Tech ASAP

Tipys
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 07:07 PM
I am in need of some info about my Jeep GC and limp in mode? Had to drive to and from PMI in 2nd gear. Any help would be great?

Thanks
Trevor

D Berns R6
Sun Mar 22nd, 2009, 11:22 PM
my Dad at PV Motorsports might be of some help. He worked on jeeps for 15+ years before going opening up his own shop....

pm me if you still need help and i will give you his number.

Tipys
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 01:44 PM
service codes P0735 incorrect ratio 5th P0734 IR 4th P0733 IR 3rd

i know there is atleast one jeep tech on here someone please help

Tipys
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 01:47 PM
service codes P0735 incorrect ratio 5th P0734 IR 4th P0733 IR 3rd

i know there is atleast one jeep tech on here someone please help

JustSomeDude
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:14 PM
Had to drive to and from PMI in 2nd gear.

Were you towing?

Also check out www.JeepForum.com.

Tipys
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:20 PM
yes i was towing thanks for the link will check it when i get on a real computer

JustSomeDude
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:27 PM
Based on a quick search of your codes, it sounds like you put too much strain on the transmission... which makes sense since you were towing. Did it run fine after it cooled down and you cleared the codes? If you don't hear any grinding from underneath the vehicle, and it runs fine out of limp mode once you clear the codes, you might be OK. Just check the tranny fluid to make sure it's not burnt... and maybe drain/replace it just to be safe.

Sounds like you probably don't have the tow package on your Jeep. I'd avoid future towing unless you get a tranny radiator, etc., to keep everything running smooth.

BadAssR1
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 04:40 PM
Sounds Like you might have lost the accumilator retaining plate.. Shoot me a PM Chrysler engineer over here =)

More information would help me help you.. IE vin So I can pull the build sheet