PDA

View Full Version : Food is Expensive!!

Big-J
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 01:32 PM
I think I posted up about this before, but times have changed since then, people have been laid off, and still have mouths to feed and food isn't cheap!
$100 doesn't go very far at a grocery store, but $100 will get you plenty with Food Share America (https://www.sharecolorado.com/index.cfm?action=homepage). This is definitely a an awesome deal, Barn told me about it a while back and started ordering food for the past 6 months or so and I have saved so much money! The food is quality, not expired, and you get a lot of it.
So if you're one of those unfortunate people who got laid off, or just want to save money, you should give this a try.

~Barn~
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 01:38 PM
Somebody order me a Chicken Pot Pie!
http://bp2.blogger.com/_EvxoYuwNZMI/RhGADJK3kAI/AAAAAAAAAys/mSZVILOZwJs/s320/cartman_pissed.gif

Good post, J-Rod. It's a great program that I learned about when I was working for Adams County.

Incidentally, if you're an Adams County resident, you are entitled to get entirely *free* food from the County, as well. It's a separate deal, from the Food Share Colorado program, but it's along the same lines.

PM me for more details, if it's something that can help you. :up:

Mother Goose
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 01:54 PM
So you order food for the whole month?

Big-J
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:24 PM
Well the food pick up is monthly, so you can order enough food to last you a month, a week, or a day, its up to you.
I still have to go to the store for a few things like eggs, milk, and a few other things I don't get through this program.

TurboGizzmo
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:44 PM
Hummm looks better (and cheaper) than the lazier Super Suppers thing I do....

Ricky
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:47 PM
Wow, I will be looking at this more closely, for sure. I'm looking to cheapen up my food costs a bit, especially with my new vehicle purchase...

SaShWhO
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 03:10 PM
Wow, I will be looking at this more closely, for sure. I'm looking to cheapen up my food costs a bit, especially with my new vehicle purchase...

pimpin has it's price I see:crazy:

Dietrich_R1
Mon Mar 23rd, 2009, 06:58 PM
It just doens't look worth it to me. If there's a slight chance that I'ld have to hear "God Bless" or "Jesus loves you" .... AAAAaaaaahhhh, I'ld burn @ the stake!!! HA HA!