PDA

View Full Version : Fucking Politicians :thumbsdown:

Nick_Ninja
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Omnibus Public Lands Bill to be Voted on Tomorrow!
The American Motorcyclist Association urges everyone to contact their Representative to vote "No" on the rule and on the final passage of H.R. 146, the Revolutionary War and War of 1812 Battlefield Acquisition Grant Program. This bill was formerly known as S. 22, the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009, which would prohibit all motorized vehicle access on over 2 million acres of public lands.

As you may know, S. 22 was defeated two weeks ago, on March 11, in the U.S. House of Representatives. Following defeat of the bill, the U.S. Senate leadership, using a little known parliamentary procedure, considered H.R. 146, inserting the language from S. 22, and passed the bill on March 19 by a vote of 77 to 20.

Now H.R. 146 is back for consideration in the U.S. House of Representatives and consists of a daunting collection of more than 160 pieces of legislation in over 1300 pages of text. It is because of this that, for parliamentary reasons, the House Leadership wants to consider H.R. 146 under regular order. This would mean that the bill needs only a simple majority to pass. In order for this bill to be considered under regular order, the U.S. House must first pass a rule.

Therefore, in order to help preserve your access to vital public lands, everyone needs to contact their Representative and urge them to first vote "No" on the rule regarding H.R. 146. Then they must also be asked to vote "No" on the final passage of H.R. 146.

With such a short time frame for action, the best way to request that your Representative to vote "No" on H.R. 146 is to call. Click here (http://capwiz.com/amacycle/utr/1/DOIXKDCCGN/JVLXKDCCTK/3096419386) to get the phone number for your Representative Enter your zip code in the "Find Your Officials" box and click on the name of your Representative.

If you would prefer to contact your Representative with e-mail, you may contact your Representative by clicking here (http://capwiz.com/amacycle/utr/1/DOIXKDCCGN/BOWUKDCCTL/3096419386). We have pre-written a letter for your use.

Immediate action is critical to help keep more than 2 million acres of public land open to motorized recreation. Please call your Representative and tell everyone you can to do the same.

Every Representative must know that responsible motorized recreationists want them to vote "No" on the rule and "No" on the final passage of H.R. 146!

Ceez
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Email sent to Mark Udall....

Zach929rr
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Fucking Udall. Sent.

Rhino
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Editing so people aren't disheartened about contacting their reps. I'll ask my question when a lesser matter is on the ballot

I entered my zip into that link and got my reps as well as senators, etc..:dunno:

Nick_Ninja
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Sending a message to Udall is a worthless proposition ------- :roll:.

GET REAL PEOPLE. H.R. 146 is a HOUSE bill and your fucking SENATOR has absolutely NOTHING to do with this piece of legislation -------- yet.

God -------- Clowns to the left of me Jokers to the right --- here I am. :silly:

Ceez
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I was just using the links that you posted NN, only gave me two options of people to send to after entering my zip plus 4, Jared Polis and Mark Udall, sent emails to both, just following the instructions on the link. If my actions are null and void, at least I know not to waste my time in the future. Thanks for the heads up.

Nick_Ninja
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I used the links too. I entered my zip + 4 and only received a link to my Representative and not my Senator ------- who happens to be Udall. It might be an issue with their database. However, I am also of the opinion that the general electorate needs to know the difference of a House Bill and a Senate Bill -- along with their associated representatives.

Dysco
Tue Mar 24th, 2009, 09:47 PM
sent... and I never send those things.