PDA

View Full Version : Top 40 Reasons to Support Gun Control

salsashark
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I thought about putting this in the jokes section due to the interwoven sarcasm, but there's way too much truth here to be buried with "your momma" jokes...

Here's the first 10, the rest can be found here: Article (http://geekpolitics.com/top-40-reasons-to-support-gun-control/) and the Original Source (http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=173)

Banning guns works, which is why New York, DC, and Chicago cops need guns.
Washington DC’s low murder rate of 80.6 per 100,000 is due to strict gun control, and Arlington, VA’s high murder rate of 1.6 per 100,000 is due to the lack of gun control.
Statistics showing high murder rates justify gun control but statistics showing increasing murder rates after gun control are “just statistics.”
The Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons Ban, both of which went into effect in 1994, are responsible for the decrease in violent crime rates, which have been declining since 1991.
We must get rid of guns because a deranged lunatic may go on a shooting spree at any time and anyone who would own a gun out of fear of such a lunatic is paranoid.
The more helpless you are the safer you are from criminals.
An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.
A woman raped and strangled is morally superior to a woman with a smoking gun and a dead rapist at her feet.
When confronted by violent criminals, you should “put up no defense — give them what they want, or run” (Handgun Control Inc. Chairman Pete Shields, Guns Don’t Die - People Do, 1981, p. 125).
The New England Journal of Medicine is filled with expert advice about guns; just like Guns and Ammo has some excellent treatises on heart surgery.

rapparee
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Nice post Salsa, needed an afternoon laugh.

R6biker122
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 03:44 PM
lol right on! :)

Shea
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 03:48 PM
You're such a Nazi Salsa...

salsashark
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Would a Nazi post something like this?

Right now, you can join the NRA at no cost for one year, then decide whether or not to keep your membership. To do so, follow this link:

http://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/

If you support the NRA, but are reluctant because of the “junk mail,” then simply sign up and go to the NRA's website and add yourself to the 'do not solicit' list.

Shea
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Would a Nazi post something like this?

Yes, you are clearly a right wing Nazi nut. Please stop posting because you might cause someone to think.

:)

mtnairlover
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 04:40 PM
:lol:

Awwe...wassa matta? You guys missing having a good debate?

R6biker122
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I dont understand why people want guns banned. It makes no sense.. The people who get them LEGALLY are not the ones u want to take the guns away from. It's the peeps getting them ILLEGALLY that concerns me.

mtnairlover
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Sorry Salsa, I was being silly and you weren't.

Ok, so here's an article I found...also riddled with sarcasm with the sting of truth to it...Full Article (http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/everyone_should_own_a_gun_for) and another to sort of drive the point home...Full Article (http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=112482&provider=top&catid=188)

Like so many heated debates, it's always gonna be 6 of one thing and half dozen of the other, huh?

salsashark
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Sorry Salsa, I was being silly and you weren't.

Ok, so here's an article I found...also riddled with sarcasm with the sting of truth to it...Full Article (http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/everyone_should_own_a_gun_for) and another to sort of drive the point home...Full Article (http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=112482&provider=top&catid=188)

Like so many heated debates, it's always gonna be 6 of one thing and half dozen of the other, huh?

Brian Patterson has a history of domestic violence, according to police. There are also charges of solicitation for prostitution on his criminal record and he had driver's license revoked in 2002 and was caught driving three times after that.

Just a point to note here... this guy had an extensive criminal record. Correct me if I'm wrong, but under current laws a convicted felon is not allowed to own firearms... yet he had one in his possession and he used it. Do you think this idiot would give any care in the world for new laws and increased restrictions?

As for the Onion article... Kind of using a paint roller to fill in the hair on the Mona Lisa don't ya think? He's right... I own a gun so I must be an alcoholic psychopath just sitting in my bunker waiting for the time that I can go on a murderous rampage. please...

Shea
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Just a point to note here... this guy had an extensive criminal record. Correct me if I'm wrong, but under current laws a convicted felon is not allowed to own firearms... yet he had one in his possession and he used it. Do you think this idiot would give any care in the world for new laws and increased restrictions?

You are correct. ANY conviction for domestic violence and you are unable to own a firearm. Even on the background check form that you have to fill out before you buy one.

As for the Onion article... Kind of using a paint roller to fill in the hair on the Mona Lisa don't ya think? He's right... I own a gun so I must be an alcoholic psychopath just sitting in my bunker waiting for the time that I can go on a murderous rampage. please...

That's why I'm armed. Just bidding my time and making lists....bitches. Anyone know a good clock tower?

RajunCajun
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Hahaahaa! LMAO!

ZX9Rider
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Nevermind. I can see the light now. Good post.

puckstr
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 03:49 PM
You are correct. ANY conviction for domestic violence and you are unable to own a firearm. Even on the background check form that you have to fill out before you buy one.

That's why I'm armed. Just bidding my time and making lists....bitches. Anyone know a good clock tower?

One comes to mind.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/133/321097530_7ddc2895ff.jpg?v=0

rforsythe
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 08:14 PM
All I know is I just drove to 4 different stores before I could find .40S&W ammo thanks to this retarded bullshit. Time to start stockpiling and reloading if this is how it's gonna be.

The Black Knight
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 08:40 PM
All I know is I just drove to 4 different stores before I could find .40S&W ammo thanks to this retarded bullshit. Time to start stockpiling and reloading if this is how it's gonna be.
Good luck with that, I've been reloading just a short time and I can already you the BS you find with trying to get regular Ammo, is the same in the Reloading world.

I need a set of .45ACP dies and have gone to every store in town, and have hit up every dealer on-line(i.e. Midway and Cabelas) and everyone is out of .45ACP dies. Which I can't understand, I know the .45 is a very popular round but it's getting bad out there. Actually most of the pistol die sets are out of stock. I was at Specialty Sports earlier in the week and they got like 6 sets of 9mm dies in, went in there today and they had one left!!

I'd be reloading .45 auto if it had not been for this dang shortage on dies. Good luck finding primers and powder or bullets(depending on your caliber). I think the thing that pisses me off, is everyone hording stuff. I called Big R out in Falcon about two weeks ago, and asked if they had any Large Rifle primers. Guy said, had I been at the store about 20 minutes earlier I could have got some but some guy(s) walked in and bought 5 cases of them, not just boxes of 1000, but whole freaking cases of primers!!! Powder is the same way, you've got guys just loading up on this stuff. Used to be you could walk in anywhere and they would have every kind of powder you needed.

The BS part is now, I'm having to resort to this kind of behavior too and I hate it because I know other guys need to buy stuff too. But when I see a couple boxes of primers sitting on the shelf. I buy them all because you have too and that's the damnable thing about it. Powder isn't as bad for me, since with pistol you can jam out between 1200 to 1500 rounds out of just 1lb of powder depending on your grain amounts. But I still buy a pound or two if it's available just for the hell of it, since I know I'll need it down the road. Even just finding a couple bags of shells in a certain caliber is starting to get slim pickens.

I hate to say it Ralph, but if you do get into reloading(and I would recommend you do) you're going to have to be as cut-throat as everyone else man. You'll have to be in order to get your components(primers, powder, shells and bullets).

As for myself, I tried to stay ahead of the curve and started stockpiling ammo last year. So I'm good on that front but wanted to start reloading because the prices on ammo were starting to get out of hand. And not better example of the prices jumping than today at Specialty Sports. I saw the same box of 500 .223 Bear(Barnual) ammo steel case for $195!!! when just 6 months ago I managed to get the same Bear ammo in 5.56 for $149. My dad and I were buying bulk ammo of 700 .223 for $198 in the Summer and Fall of last year. PMC has stayed the same, for 840 @ $399 but I haven't seen it for several months now, so I'm sure when they do get another shipment in, it's going to be well into the $400's range.

It's getting so bad that on TaurusArmed.net and XDTalk.com forums, guys from all over the country have been reporting that Wal-Marts and Gun Shops are starting to ration out ammo. Many are reporting places putting a 2 box of ammo limit on purchases. Some places are only selling multiple boxes of ammo if you purchase a gun(and it's caliber specific to that gun).

Yeah the Ammo and Reloading shortage is way worse that the Gun and Rifle sales. With the market getting flooded with all the new gun owners, they are swallowing up all the ammo and rates the manufactures can't keep up with. Plus I also heard CCI had some primer output problems so that was a major player right there that jammed the market too.

It's getting bad out there, real bad...

Buddau
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 08:44 PM
all ammo has been hard to find. Wallymart has the best prices, but they never have what i need. I did find a store that carries my specific ammo, but I wont tell you which store it is. It's usually on sale to! :usa:

Rhino
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Remember, civilians are too unpredictable and untrained to have guns. Only the police should have guns.

Denver officer charged in S.D.
Woman had previous firearms charges
By Christopher N. Osher
The Denver Post
Posted: 03/28/2009 12:30:00 AM MDT
Updated: 03/28/2009 08:43:58 AM MDT

The Denver police officer charged with three counts of attempted murder for allegedly firing her gun at three law officers in South Dakota remained on the Police Department force despite an earlier history of improper use of a firearm.

Kachina McAlexander, 31, was arrested Tuesday for allegedly firing her gun several times at officers at a motel near Custer, S.D. That state's attorney general, Larry Long, said the officers were checking on her and found her with a gun in her hand.

Two Custer County deputies and a Highway Patrol officer were not hurt. McAlexander was arrested and remained in jail Friday.

She is charged with three counts of attempted second-degree murder and three counts of aggravated assault against a law-enforcement officer. No bond was set pending a mental-health evaluation.

Both Long's office and Custer County officials declined to comment further or to release an incident report.

According to a police affidavit acquired by 9News, McAlexander refused to put her gun down when law officers arrived outside her Super 8 motel room. The police had been called because McAlexander's mother had said she was concerned about her welfare after a phone call.

McAlexander was hit by a Taser and then fired 10 shots at officers who had backed away from the door, the affidavit said. She surrendered and said that "she instinctly returned fire," the affidavit said.

Adams County court records show that on June 6, 2006, authorities charged McAlexander with prohibited use of a weapon, a class 2 misdemeanor, and reckless endangerment, a class 3 misdemeanor, after she shot up her basement walls and television in the basement of her house.

Court testimony said that on that date, McAlexander summoned her girlfriend to her home to pick up her belongings. When the woman showed up, she found a suicide note on the front door, the testimony said.

The woman called the Adams County Sheriff's Department, and when deputies entered the home, they found McAlexander alive but lying down in the basement. They also discovered that McAlexander had fired several shots from a semiautomatic handgun into the walls and the television.

A county-court judge acquitted McAlexander, stating that no reasonable jury would find her actions sufficient for a conviction.

The office of Adams County District Attorney Don Quick appealed the acquittal, but on April 16, 2007, Adams County District Court Judge Chris Melonakis rejected the appeal.

Denver Safety Manager Al LaCabe, who oversees the Police Department, and Deputy Chief John Lamb said they were prohibited from discussing how the department handled the incident. But it is clear that McAlexander remained on the force.

Detective Sharon Avendano, a spokeswoman for the Police Department, said McAlexander has been suspended from the force without pay pending an internal-affairs investigation into the South Dakota situation.

Avendano said McAlexander worked in the department's records unit, in the bureau of research, training and development.

Avendano said that as a sworn officer, McAlexander was authorized to carry a police-issued firearm.