PDA

View Full Version : MC carrier: Who would use this thing?

McVaaahhh
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 03:08 PM
This just looks like a really bad idea to me.

Snowman
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Depends. Is that a child's car seat on the back of that bike?

MetaLord 9
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 03:12 PM
looks like a pretty good way to jack your wheel & suspension up, especially if you've gotta swerve. Oh and what the hell's supposed to keep the bars from turning erratically?

McVaaahhh
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 03:17 PM
looks like a pretty good way to jack your wheel & suspension up, especially if you've gotta swerve. Oh and what the hell's supposed to keep the bars from turning erratically?

Hard to see, but you tie the bars to the rack. Forks should stay straight with the car.

puckstr
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 03:22 PM
But you know some retard would mount that on his pickup even when the was empty.

Ricky
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Not like people haven't towed cars that way. I'm sure if it's sturdy up front, it'll work, but who really wants to put a bunch of highway miles on an expensive ass knobby rear tire? I would think the ones that mount the time perpendicular to the vehicle in the back, are the better way to go.

MetaLord 9
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Hard to see, but you tie the bars to the rack. Forks should stay straight with the car.
Yeah, but I'm saying stopping on a downhill curve is gonna put A LOT of stress on those forks

McVaaahhh
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Not like people haven't towed cars that way. I'm sure if it's sturdy up front, it'll work, but who really wants to put a bunch of highway miles on an expensive ass knobby rear tire? I would think the ones that mount the time perpendicular to the vehicle in the back, are the better way to go.

I'm sure it will work, just seems like a bad idea to me.

I guess I'm saying I sure wouldn't tow my bike like that, especially not at highway speeds.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I want to see it hit a chuck hole :twisted:

Captain Obvious
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't use it. Even in neutral, I see drivetrain wear. Just get a $200 trailer and tie it down.

lightspeed
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 03:44 PM
No sir...certainly not at highway speeds. Looks very unstable.......

MetaLord 9
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Yeah, it's called the fast way to needing a new chain & sprockets

Gainer
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 04:43 PM
I want to see it hit a chuck hole :twisted:

^ +1

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 05:51 PM
i actually had one, was great to have around to tow the harley home when it broke down, I mean my friends harley.....

have a trailer now, just in case my friends harley breaks down again.
Works great, doesnt it Boebe or Cravin??

Bueller
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Take the chain off and DOT knobbies it would be fine upto 65 or so. Wouldn't be my first choice but I'd use it.

Bueller
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Yeah, but I'm saying stopping on a downhill curve is gonna put A LOT of stress on those forks
:lol:
An 80 mph stoppie would be bad then?

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Mar 25th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I'd put my mother-in-law on there as we drove her back to Maryland.