PDA

View Full Version : I love snow days!

Dizzy D
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 06:08 AM
No work for me today! Good thing my district is not on spring break this week :)

GixxerCarrie
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 06:16 AM
I'm working from home! If Douglas County is closing schools, I'm not going downtown.

dm_gsxr
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Yep, working from home. I work up in Longmont and as a computer geek, I have my laptop and connection so I'll be able to "dial in" to work.

Time to crank up the music though, something I don't get to do in the cube farm.

Carl

UglykidJoe
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 06:22 AM
There is no snow out there?? Maybe later I suppose.

dm_gsxr
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 06:23 AM
The roads out front are wet and there's a bit on the car and grass. They're calling for a bunch more later with high winds and white out conditions. Better to say home if possible than become a statistic.

Carl

GixxerCarrie
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Yup...Blizzard warning started at 6 a.m.. I can Dial in too Carl, I'm a Finance Geek...so happy I don't have to be in the cube farm...and I'm in sweats instead of a suit! lol. Really am not into doing the commute later. Maybe tomorrow too.

With technology these days, I can do everything here I can do at my desk. They just want to know I'm "online" and they can get ahold of me.

mtnairlover
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Blizzard warning for all points along the front range and east...basically every part of Colorado on this side of the Rockies.

Bunches of school districts closing now rather than deal with the scramble to get kids out of school and home safe later today.

A predicted 8 - 14 inches is in store for a good part of the front range.

Yep, I decided to stay home today and work from home.

Devaclis
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Sissies!! :)

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 07:45 AM
LOL...Oh whatever!
We have a kick-off gig for the '09 Walk Like MADD at the Pepsi Center this morning and will naturally be getting out right about the time things are supposed to really dial up...grrr!

Gregger
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 07:48 AM
I've gotten 4" here in Broomfield since 6:30am. It's nuking!

lightspeed
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 07:49 AM
:cold:Looks like a good day to hit the canyons!:lol:

rforsythe
Apparently a bunch of roads just went to shit in the last half hour, be careful if you're out driving around today!

rforsythe
I've gotten 4" here in Broomfield since 6:30am. It's nuking!

Yeah, barely a dusting here at I-25/Evans. I think it's coming though...

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Interesting... the temp must have just dumped...was 32 or 33 degrees out with only one accident on the roads when I jumped in the shower.
We got a small amount here last night and nothing thus far this morning....we shall see!

bulldog
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Sissies!! :) I bet you drive the DRZ in too right?

Gregger
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Looking at easily 1-1 1/2" an hour here still.. Roads are shit, which means it's time to take the STI out and drive around some 4Runners.

eg bter
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Damnit just woke up and my work called a snow day too...wish I had a 4x4 I would attempt to go boarding.

asp_125
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Drove in at 6 this morning from Longmont .. snow? meh! Sat in a meeting the last hour and now there's 2" of snow here at the brewery... uuughhh!!!! Looks like I might have a 3hr commute tonight.
I wish I was on a beach in Mexico right now.

GixxerCarrie
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Drove in at 6 this morning from Longmont .. snow? meh! Sat in a meeting the last hour and now there's 2" of snow here at the brewery... uuughhh!!!! Looks like I might have a 3hr commute tonight.

I was thinkin the same thing Jeff...Lookin at deals on Worry Free Vacations and United. Might just have to take off sometime here soon. The all inclusives are just too cheap to pass up. Even tho I was just there in November!:drink:

Gregger
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:31 AM
You will have a shitshow of a commute home... The roads up here in Erie are terrible at this point.

AetasMutuo
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Yep, working from home. I work up in Longmont and as a computer geek, I have my laptop and connection so I'll be able to "dial in" to work.

Time to crank up the music though, something I don't get to do in the cube farm.

Carl

I know exactly what you mean. VPN will never let you escape on a snow day!!

:drink:

dm_gsxr
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I know exactly what you mean. VPN will never let you escape on a snow day!!

:drink:
Doesn't bother me. I can get some of the maintenance done and fix up some scripts without being interrupted. I'm more productive here than at work.

Carl

eg bter
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:40 AM

I will be on a beach in Florida tomorrow...and I wish I was snowboarding instead.

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:48 AM
What is this snow you all speak of its still really nice and sunny here is soco

eg bter
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Here is Arvada an hour ago...

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs020.snc1/2643_511120434145_75400474_30569384_6286344_n.jpg

XJ600s
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:54 AM
I just got a text from the CU-Boulder PD and they have officially closed campus at 10am. I have been here for 5 years and CU has never officially closed campus. I think back in 2006 when we were getting a foot of snow every Saturday, they said that professors were not to fail students if they couldn't make it to their finals due to the snow. But that was it.

Out in Erie there is about 5-6" already. And its still coming down like crazy! I might get some breakfast then go driving around for the hell of it... :D

salsashark
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Bunch of wusses...

We don't have snow days... and I can't work from home :cry:

I am, however, planning on bailing out early to beat some of the traffic out of the city... Tomorrow's gonna be a goooooooood powder day (please please please)

rybo
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:59 AM
No work for me today! Good thing my district is not on spring break this week :)

yay for donna!

MetaLord 9
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Litterally just started down here in the Ranch about 10 minutes ago. I so shoulda just said I was working from home today, but it's kinda hard to justify when the roads were barely wet, let alone snowy & impassible. So now I'm waiting for the horn to sound here telling us to get the hell out and then I'm dependent on the Girlie to fit picking my ass up into her schedule. So if I get stuck down here for a little while, igloo happy hour for any Ranch folk? :D :drink:

dirkterrell
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Yeah, Boulder is getting it pretty good. Here is a shot from my office:

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/office_view2.jpg

Compare that to what it looks like on a sunny day:

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/office_view.jpg

Dirk

Devaclis
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I bet you drive the DRZ in too right?

It is the only vehicle I have.

64BonnieLass
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Dirk, all I can see in that picture is Red, White and Blue. :)

Snowman
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:17 AM
We are just now getting the snow in Centennial. Roads are still clear though.

dirkterrell
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Dirk, all I can see in that picture is Red, White and Blue. :)

And the problem is...? http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

Dirk

dm_gsxr
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:19 AM

Sorry, the 'busa's in the shop or I'd be out there doing donuts.

Carl

asp_125
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I was thinkin the same thing Jeff...Lookin at deals on Worry Free Vacations and United. Might just have to take off sometime here soon. The all inclusives are just too cheap to pass up. Even tho I was just there in November!:drink:

LOL.. Apple vacations.. 3 nights all inclusive $549 ... :yumyum:
Mmm.... snorkeling, margaritas ....

I can see I'll get a lot done today.

asp_125
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Dirk you get as much browsing done at work as I do!

636chick
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Wow different worlds I guess. Co Springs checking in here sunny and 30's but they are saying Blizzard warning starting at 3 today through tommorrow afternoon. We will see if it makes it over Palmer Divide. Usually they stall out and slam Monument and we get not so much. Here's hoping for a blizzrd and no work tomorrow. You all in Denver stay safe a drive carefully :)

dirkterrell
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Dirk you get as much browsing done at work as I do!

All for the sake of my fellow CSCer's. :)

Here's a shot of Canyon near 9th (that's the library across the street):

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/snow_26mar2009.jpg

Looks like it's getting a little heavier...

Dirk

636chick
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:25 AM
My oh my Dirk what a BIG screen ya got :eyebrows:

Snowman
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:27 AM
My oh my Dirk what a BIG screen ya got :eyebrows:That just mean he has poor eyesight… What are you implying?

dirkterrell
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:29 AM
My oh my Dirk what a BIG screen ya got :eyebrows:

I'm compensating. :)

Dirk

636chick
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:29 AM
That just mean he has poor eyesight… What are you implying?

Damn I thought he was happy to see me :cry:

Snowman
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Damn I thought he was happy to see me :cry:So you’re saying you prefer men with big screens?
What about those with smaller screens but larger hard drives?

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Someone happy to see krissy pssssh I mean yes he was happy to see you.

Runs and hides in canada

Sully
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:41 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmm SNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..... I can't wait until tomorrow !! :hump: :bananna:.... Hells yah.... ok, now let's hope I can make it up there... :wtf:

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:43 AM
a pic from my 'office'...

The roads dont seem too bad here...I'm just waiting for an accident at the intersection across from my house...

Wade...if I didn't have class tonight that I can't blow off... :banghead: i'd def be heading down to the mountains and would give ya a lift...

MetaLord 9
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:44 AM
From my office you can usually see part of the entrance to Deer Creek. This is what the foothills & mountains look like from lucent & 470. On the way in Lindsey & I played a game called "Find the Mountains" (and no, it's not like hide the sausage)

MetaLord 9
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Wade...if I didn't have class tonight that I can't blow off... :banghead: i'd def be heading down to the mountains and would give ya a lift...
Holy crap, there's still a school in the state that's conducting classes??? :wtf: they closed EVERYTHING remotely related to school in the Denver metro. Even my buddy's MBA class at DU was cancelled tonight

UnoMOTO
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Pic from my office...woot
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3052/0326090924.jpg (http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0326090924.jpg)

636chick
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:54 AM
So you’re saying you prefer men with big screens?
What about those with smaller screens but larger hard drives?

Stop now your giving me a chill..................Hubby's still in Mexico hmmmm hard drives............towers.......................... ..Krissy's off to the girls thread of men!!!!!!!!!:hump:

Runs and hides in canada

Still too close Junior :scream1:

Wyck
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:56 AM
My school isn't closed. Just checked and 3pm is latest they can announce the closure for my class. Of course there isn't really much snow down this way...yet.

asp_125
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Looks like the northies are getting hammered and not in the alcoholic sense.
http://cotrip.org/atis/web.ZoomboxMarshal?device=Speedmap&Zoombox=12

Loveland Pass is closed. Powder must be epic today.

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Krissy but its really cold in canada so I am thinking I will stand a good chance up there.

mtnairlover
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:07 AM
:drink:lol...ssshhhh...what they don't know...

Actually, Westwood just announced they're closing the North campus and the Westwood Online's building is closed as of 10 a.m. I'm so glad I decided to not drive in, even though I was awake at 4 a.m. this morning...hence the um...:drink:

tee hee...actually, it's more like :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Ok, gots to go now and do my work...no rest for the virtually connected.

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:07 AM
CSU has yet to cancel...although the wind just picked up, and I can barely see my front yard...

TFOGGuys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:08 AM
We have about 4 inches on the ground here at the shop in Golden....since 8:30.... If'n any of you are headed out here to see me, call first, 'cause I may just pack it in early.

rforsythe
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:09 AM
We have about 4 inches on the ground here at the shop in Golden....since 8:30.... If'n any of you are headed out here to see me, call first, 'cause I may just pack it in early.

Yeah can you stick around til about 5ish? I need a can of chain wax.

j/k. :)

dm_gsxr
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Rita's in sunny San Diego at a Mosaics conference until next Tuesday. Lucky lady :)

Carl

Sully
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Pic from Cherry Creek 2 minutes ago... looks boring

TFOGGuys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Yeah can you stick around til about 5ish? I need a can of chain wax.

j/k. :)

Sure I can, Ralph. You have to ride the VStrom out, though :lol:

rforsythe
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Sure I can, Ralph. You have to ride the VStrom out, though :lol:

That a dare? :twisted:

DevilsTonic
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:20 AM
The snow isn't even sticking in aurora yet, so I'm at work...got here faster today than I do on any normal day.

Snowman
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:30 AM
We at the Antarctic program are still sticking it out. You wimps that have gone home or those whining about wanting going home just remember this one fact…

I want to go home too.

MetaLord 9
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Pic from Cherry Creek 2 minutes ago... looks boring
You can almost see my house from there!

rforsythe
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:36 AM
We at the Antarctic program are still sticking it out. You wimps that have gone home or those whining about wanting going home just remember this one fact…

I want to go home too.

I just never left home...

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I'm wanting to go home and its now even snowing here.

mtnairlover
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:37 AM
IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!

Thompson Valley SD in their infinite wisdom started school on time today...it's a freakin blizzard out there...news said it was gonna be and it started at 6 a.m., but for some odd reason, we're immune to blizzards? HA! So, I just got a call from my youngest daughter's elementary school...school is officially closed for the day.

SHEESH!

(that is all, now back to work for me...good thing my son came home...he's doing the driving and picking up of his sisters today)

salsashark
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Well holy crap... they just shut down the base! I'm out... see you fools in the mountains!

dirkterrell
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:47 AM
I shot a pic out my office window every 10 minutes for the last hour:

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/snowfall.gif

Dirk

Snowman
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Ok that is making me have seizures.

~Barn~
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Nice, Dirk!

Shea
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:49 AM
That's cool Dirk. But where is your uplink tower for controlling your orbital mind control lasers???

dirkterrell
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:51 AM
That's cool Dirk. But where is your uplink tower for controlling your orbital mind control lasers???

You know I can't talk about that.

Dirk

rapparee
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Very well done Dirk.

mtnairlover
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:53 AM
My son's car after being home for 30 minutes...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/mtnairlover/Photo0056.jpg

636chick
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Dirk is god........................Dirk is king....................................I bow before Dirk.....................................:crazy:

What the hell is happening to my brain.............................?????????? Must look away from the picture of Dirk's snow................................

dirkterrell
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Dirk is god........................Dirk is king....................................I bow before Dirk.....................................:crazy:

http://www.channel4.com/film/media/images/Channel4/film/B/batman_forever_xl_05--film-A.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/%7Etalotta/Batman/riddler5.jpg

Dirk

SaShWhO
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:04 AM
all clinics cancelled at Childrens today so keep your kids safe and healthy until further notice.
going home now to set sail with the Captn in my backyard hot-tub:drink:

MetaLord 9
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Well done Dirk!

asp_125
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:08 AM
YAY!! They're calling a snow day at noon! Great.. now I get to slog my way home.. I-25 and I-70 north of town is gridlock.

Captain Obvious
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:09 AM
We got nothing in the Springs. This morning's dusting has melted away and it is just cloudy.

Shea
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:09 AM
all clinics cancelled at Childrens today so keep your kids safe and healthy until further notice.

lol, right on

Gregger
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Have about 8" now on the ground in Broomfield/Erie.. Still Nuking! And the "heavy" stuff is this afternoon and evening?

Sully
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:11 AM
shit.. it's going to take me 2 hours to get home ! :cry:

Wyck
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Ha! I spoke too soon. Just got the call that school is closing at noon so no class for me tonight.

MetaLord 9
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Ha! I spoke too soon. Just got the call that school is closing at noon so no class for me tonight.
Like you even had class to begin with :D :D :D

So I feel like going to Safeway right now just to watch the chaos

Shea
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:18 AM
shit.. it's going to take me 2 hours to get home ! :cry:

pfft, you got the hotness to get you home. About 15min tops.

Sully
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:20 AM
haha.. I wish... not even on a dry, clear day do I get home in 15 minutes.. It's usually @ 30 minutes... I hope it's not any longer than that today.. :(

Gregger
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I just ran my sister to work since her GTI has no snow tires and my STI is a snow machine.. The roads are ridiculous. I'm plowing snow in unplowed lanes as 4Runners are doing 10mph in the plowed slush.. WTF?

Shoveled the drive twice today too already. :(

gtn
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:21 AM

Oh no... what if Sumo hurts himself screwing around plowing all the driveways on his street with his ATV?

I know... I'll just toss him in the back of the truck and drop him off at your place.

:bananna:

rforsythe
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:25 AM
What is awesome is there are several inches of snow just miles from my house, and yet my street is just wet (few inches on the grass).

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Gregger that's cause they don't know how to drive there 4runners in snow. When I had to work in the bad snow storms I would be blowing past people and there 4wheel drive with my front wheel drive lancer with tires that can barely get traction when its raining. People just don't know how to drive when its wet.

Think
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:26 AM
CSU CANCELED CLASSES FOR AFTER NOON! AHHHHH HAHAHAHAHA!

SumoWeezle
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Oh no... what if Sumo hurts himself screwing around plowing all the driveways on his street with his ATV?

I know... I'll just toss him in the back of the truck and drop him off at your place.

:bananna:

hey... where's da luv? I havent hurt myself on my atv yet.. :D

Gregger
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Gregger that's cause they don't know how to drive there 4runners in snow. When I had to work in the bad snow storms I would be blowing past people and there 4wheel drive with my front wheel drive lancer with tires that can barely get traction when its raining. People just don't know how to drive when its wet.

It's just sad really.

Wyck
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Like you even had class to begin with :D :D :D

Actually I did, and I really needed to go tonight since I have to miss class Tuesday. And I'm sure the teacher will make us make tonight's class up just like when he cancelled class cause his wife was in the hospital. Yet him telling me that missing class for a business trip is my personal choice....grrrr....dfjdsjfdskslajfdsfjnfajnsdkf... .shoulda said that him cancelling class to take his wife to the hospital was a personal choice and why should I be punished for it..grrr.dsfdsfjksgjsdjfksd.

gtn
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:32 AM
hey... where's da luv? I havent hurt myself on my atv yet.. :D

Just planning ahead buddy. What are friends for? :hibye:

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:37 AM
O hope he knocked on some wood after or while saying that

MetaLord 9
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Damn Wyck!

On a separate note, LATA FOO'S!!! Office is closed & I'm outtie 5000! w00t!

(now for the long ride home... )

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:48 AM
CSU CANCELED CLASSES FOR AFTER NOON! AHHHHH HAHAHAHAHA!

WOOHOO!!! now I just wish all the parts I ordered for the bike were here so I could actually get something done...since I can't ride

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Hey the faster you ride the faster you get home

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:52 AM
It is now snowing in SoCO

TFOGGuys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:54 AM
That a dare? :twisted:

Maybe.... :devious:

rforsythe
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Maybe.... :devious:

The blizzard just hit my house and is total white-out. There would have to be a lot more in it for me than chain wax at this point. :D

Go home. I don't think business is going to be booming today. Just about all the highways are total gridlock now.

AetasMutuo
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Today's Weather is sponsored by:

http://www.dairyqueen.com/templates/img/nav_dqlogo.gif
http://www.dairyqueen.com/upload/banner_blizzard.jpg

TFOGGuys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 12:25 PM
The blizzard just hit my house and is total white-out. There would have to be a lot more in it for me than chain wax at this point. :D

Go home. I don't think business is going to be booming today. Just about all the highways are total gridlock now.

I'm prolly gonna bail about 2, and answer email/PMs from home, while enjoying a tasty adult beverage :drink:

BTW:
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/espcevan/FuckWinter.png

Snowman
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Yes, it has happened… They have prophesized that this moment would come and I for one did not believe in their words and now must face the fact that they were right. The United States Antarctic Program has closed its Centennial office due to snow. God help us all….

TFOGGuys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Yes, it has happened… They have prophesized that this moment would come and I for one did not believe in their words and now must face the fact that they were right. The United States Antarctic Program has closed its Centennial office due to snow. God help us all….

:pointlaugh:

McVaaahhh
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Holy shit.

Went to lunch at 11:30 and it was gently snowing and the roads were wet. At 12:00 total white-out and 1/2" of ice on the roads. :shock:

konichd
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Its like South Dakota up in this bitch! I brings a tear to my eye a little :)

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I just went to lunch had some fun sliding with the ebrack in my sisters car. Wish I had my jeep to have some real fun I'm all sad now

Captain Obvious
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Its like South Dakota up in this bitch! I brings a tear to my eye a little :)

Why, are you getting a flood?

Parking Lot icebergs.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/funksouljon/stuff/Bismarckwinter09004.jpg

From my apt on the second floor in Bismarck. Couple months ago.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/funksouljon/stuff/Bismarckwinter09001.jpg

konichd
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 12:44 PM
^^I lived in Fargo for 8+ years, this snow ain't shit compared to what they had up there. From what I hear Bismark is going to be the new resivoir for ND in a couple days.

64BonnieLass
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 12:53 PM
I just made it home.

Doors on the Xterra were frozen shut. :(
Had to get gas :idea:. Um yea, frozen shut too. :banghead:
Santa Fe - Total Whiteout
C470 - total whiteout

Some poor little blue car was on the side of the road. Looked like the truck it challenged, peeled the side of it off. :shocked:

Home is feeling great right now. :)

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Lucky bastards I am still stuck at work

Matty
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Just got home from making a lil snowboard jump at the park down the street. now i just got to wait another hour or so and test it out.

GixxerCarrie
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Its Icy as all hell out....Went to King Soopers and Blockbuster. King Soopers was like standing in line for Concert tickets....Blockbuster had 2 people working, line all the way around the store, and, credit card machines not working.

I'm in for good. In my 1 1/2 mile drive saw 4 accidents all multiple car. Be careful out there!!!!

By the way Dirk...That picture presentation was awesome!

Snowman
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 02:40 PM
In world record breaking time I made it home (at trip normally taking 18 minutes) in 2 hours 14 minutes... Parker is a death trap. Oh the humaity!!!!!

salsashark
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Well that sucked... left Aurora around 11(roads wet), hit Arapahoe and Parker (still wet), Arapahoe & Peoria (looky some slush), Arapahoe & Dayton (total crap, people acting like idiots). We decided not to tempt fate and get out of town today so decided to head home. Left my friends' office at 12:30 and it took 2 1/2 hours to get home! Wouldn't be nearly as bad if people would just freakin slow down and pay attention.

Oh, and to the idiot sliding all over in the F150... try 4 high dumbass, that's what it's there for.

and what is the deal with Subaru drivers?! guess what when you're car's sliding sideways down Broncos Parkway, you're going too fast... figure it out before you kill someone!

OK, I'm done bitching now... have fun out there peeps... I think I see a Guinness in my near future. :cheers:

In world record breaking time I made it home (at trip normally taking 18 minutes) in 2 hours 14 minutes... Parker is a death trap. Oh the humaity!!!!!

I got to Jordan & Broncos parkway and bailed... took 470. It was slow, but it was moving. I was guessing Parker was going to be a mess after bailing off of Arapahoe... Guess I was right.

Snowman
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 02:45 PM
sounds like you're more in need of a Johnny Walker...

I know I'm going to be drinking now....

salsashark
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 02:46 PM
I do have some nice single malts... hmmmmmm

GixxerCarrie
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Well that sucked... left Aurora around 11(roads wet), hit Arapahoe and Parker (still wet), Arapahoe & Peoria (looky some slush), Arapahoe & Dayton (total crap, people acting like idiots). We decided not to tempt fate and get out of town today so decided to head home. Left my friends' office at 12:30 and it took 2 1/2 hours to get home! Wouldn't be nearly as bad if people would just freakin slow down and pay attention.

Oh, and to the idiot sliding all over in the F150... try 4 high dumbass, that's what it's there for.

and what is the deal with Subaru drivers?! guess what when you're car's sliding sideways down Broncos Parkway, you're going too fast... figure it out before you kill someone!

OK, I'm done bitching now... have fun out there peeps... I think I see a Guinness in my near future. :cheers:

I got to Jordan & Broncos parkway and bailed... took 470. It was slow, but it was moving. I was guessing Parker was going to be a mess after bailing off of Arapahoe... Guess I was right.

You saw what I did. Except at E470 and Jordon right by the church 4 car accident. People just don't realize that there is thick layer of ice. I was waiting a couple of times to get rear-ended. Jeeps and F-150's flying around me too and I have a GMC Yukon. I just laugh.

Regardless, get what you need now, cause going out makes you want to :banghead:
From the sounds of it...this isn't even the worst of it. Snowday tomorrow too. Hellz Ya!:alien:

salsashark
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I bailed off of Jordan and got on 470, but yeah people were breaking out of the gridlock and hammering it down Jordan. Always have, probably always will. I grew up right out there. I learned to drive in the snow in a 66 mustang... I think people rely waaayyyy too much on their cars. I have a Dodge Ram w/ 4 wheel drive now, but I'm just not tempting fate...

4/all wheel drive =/= 4/all wheel stop

TurboGizzmo
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I know my truck can haul ass through the snow but i just take it easy because its not the going....its the stopping.....

GixxerCarrie
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 03:03 PM
I know my truck can haul ass through the snow but i just take it easy because its not the going....its the stopping.....

Agreed...that's why I always think...Your going to end up in the ditch! I'm from South Dakota...so this is "normal" just don't have the windchill. I just take my time...they aren't getting there any faster!

I'm with the above now:drink:Just got me out a Miller Light! :yumyum:

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 03:06 PM
I need a rum and coke

Sully
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 03:07 PM
dang.. it did take me 2 hours to get home.. SERIOUSLY??? :shocked: My car does fine in the snow.. but not so much for others :( Drive safe people !

MikeG
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I will be on a beach in Florida tomorrow...and I wish I was snowboarding instead.

Are you teleporting yourself there? Last I heard, many flights have been cancelled

Matty
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Hahaha.... STi with snow tires vs. this so called "blizzard" and the win goes to my car.

was heading south on Yosemite from Hampden and watched this gmc convoy (suv on a diet) in front of me drift side to side going up the road. Gave the guy some room after about 3 minutes or so i said fuck it, and passed him. however, it was pretty entertaining watching this thing trying to get traction. Then seeing some idiot in a chevy truck on the curb off of Belleview right near Ulster.

learn how to drive fuckers!!!

Sully
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 03:36 PM
pbbssshhhttt... if your car does so well, why the hell am I driving you to Vail tomorrow ?? :wtf:.... :lol:

dirkterrell
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Jupiter and Simba are enjoying the snow:

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/jup_sim_26mar2009.jpg

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/jup_sim_26mar2009b.jpg
http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/jup_sim_26mar2009c.jpg

Dirk

Sully
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 03:47 PM
awwww too cute ! ... strap a shovel on them :D

salsashark
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 03:47 PM
this storm sucks... was hell getting home and then it stops?!

I know they're saying it will start again but damn...

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 03:54 PM
this storm sucks... was hell getting home and then it stops?!

I know they're saying it will start again but damn...
LOL.. I know, right? I got lucky as visibility greatly increased right as I hit 25 and thankfully waited until I was home to get icky again.

dirkterrell
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 03:54 PM
awwww too cute ! ... strap a shovel on them :D

:) Simba is pretty good at getting through. I realized right before I took those pictures that I hadn't seen her for a while (Jupiter is a snuggle bunny so I always know where he is.). I went outside and she had gone all the way to the other end of the property through snow that was deeper than she is tall.

Dirk

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Adorable pics Dirk!

On another note....if anybody is still stuck at work or anything in the DTC/Centennial area and doesn't want to drive home - ya'll are more than welcome over here for however long. I'm in the Arapahoe/Quebec vicinity. Just let me know!

asp_125
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 04:00 PM
There's a foot of snow in my yard... where the shed is.. where the bikes are. *sigh* guess I'll have to dig my way over and hook up the battery tender. Won't be riding 7 for some time.

Bueller
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Bitches....................bitches!
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/Dogs/CIMG0974.jpg

TFOGGuys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I need a rum and coke
I am now home, sipping spiced mead :yumyum:

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Come Jim take the smart car and bring me a rum and coke

FZRguy
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Perfect Jeep weather. I had no trouble getting to work at 3 p.m. (Littleton to Golden). Just a short shift today...3 p.m. to 3 a.m. :roll:

Nick_Ninja
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 05:18 PM
EWOCKS....................EWOCKS!
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/Dogs/CIMG0974.jpg

http://aimeegriffith.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/ewok1.jpg

Fixed that 4 U :D

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Ya I want to go play in my Jeep but its broken:cry:

TFOGGuys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Come Jim take the smart car and bring me a rum and coke

I actually drove the F250 home...the wife had the Smart today

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Ok Jim thats not helping very much with my Rum and Coke situation

Gainer
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I actually drove the F250 home...the wife had the Smart today

Thanks to Jim getting my tires done "on the spot" yesterday, I had room to park my car in the garage before it snowed.

Gregger
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Ya I want to go play in my Jeep but its broken:cry:

Is that really unusual?:drink:

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 05:54 PM
It is for me its the first time its broken. But yes I know

Just
Empty
Ever
Pocket

McVaaahhh
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Drive home sucked balls. 90 minutes.

Pulled one dude out of a ditch though, so I guess I did my good deed for the day.

Bueller
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Fixed that 4 U :D
I figured they might have been the inspiration:)

FZRguy
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:03 PM
My Jeep is for sale...in June. I get to go home at midnight. :yay:

Matty
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:29 PM
pbbssshhhttt... if your car does so well, why the hell am I driving you to Vail tomorrow ?? :wtf:.... :lol:
you are???

i'd drive but i've put on almost 8,000 miles on in 2 months.

call me.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Un Dug 18" at the ranch :banghead:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Nick_Ninja/2009%20Snow/DSCN1136.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Nick_Ninja/2009%20Snow/DSCN1135.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Nick_Ninja/2009%20Snow/DSCN1134.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Nick_Ninja/2009%20Snow/DSCN1137.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Nick_Ninja/2009%20Snow/DSCN1138.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Nick_Ninja/2009%20Snow/DSCN1139.jpg

Nobody
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 10:46 PM
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/94/l_e0d424a26d29447b8cb0cebd9524dc2e.jpg