PDA

View Full Version : apartments (denver area)

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Hey northies looking for some good apartments in around denver area. Due to there being zero automotive jobs here in the springs maybe taking a job up there. I am looking in about the 650 range for a 2bed pref garage. With no garage it needs to be a safer area. Littleton looks like its my best bet for area but if anyone else has some sugesstions that would be great.

Thanks
Trevor

konichd
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:03 AM
There are quite a few reasonable apartments in the Wads/Hampden area that should be within that range. Check out Carmel Properties for all the apartments they own in that area (Water's Edge, The Windsor, etc.)

Sully
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't rent a place in Denver without a garage... unless you lived on the ground floor and rolled your bike inside each night.

www.forrent.com (http://www.forrent.com)
www.apartmentguide.com (http://www.apartmentguide.com)
www.rent.com

MikeG
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 12:53 PM
650 for a 2bd and garage, not happening unless you almost double that monthly rent

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Naw 650 isn't bad checked a few online places but just can't tell weither they have garages or not.

leadbedr
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 01:37 PM
I just moved here a few months ago. I pretty set on an apartment.
The only one I found that was what I consider decent was a 1 bdrm with a garage for 1000.
I ended up getting a 3 bdrm house with a 2 car garage for 1200.
There are a lot of houses here for a reasonable price if you look around.

http://www.rentals.com/Colorado/Denver/

YZFRydn
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 01:41 PM
I'm looking into a two bedroom condo down around there, rent is like $750 a month. Not sure if you're looking for a room mate.

Moveman
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Good luck trying to find a 2bed in Littleton for 650 an you can definitely forget the garage. the going rate around hear is about double that. you may be able to find a descent one bed with no garage for 650.
The complex I live in rents 2bed units with a garage for 1275

Danjo
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Northern Englewood is a decent area. There are several smaller apt complexes just north of Hampden and east of Broadway near Swedish and Craig Hospital. They start around $500 month but, like others said, definitely no garage. A couple of the apts I've seen advirtised on Craigslist.

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 03:03 PM
I'm looking into a two bedroom condo down around there, rent is like $750 a month. Not sure if you're looking for a room mate.

I was looking to have a friend move up there with me but dont know what there going to do yet.

MikeG
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 03:10 PM
www.apartmentfinder.com

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Hey T.... you can find a few 2bd places up here in that price range - but you're gonna have to be one helluva lucky person to find anything with a garage in that price area (at least apt wise). You may have better luck finding a real small house for rent on the fringes of the city, tho I don't it'll be that cheap. Good luck!

Aphrodite
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:27 PM
They are out there, but far and few between, we rent a 2 bedroom but no garage, and as far as parking my bikes outside it is not happening. That why we moved out and rented it till we sell it.

But on the flip side, it is equally a renters market for those individuals that own rentals and want someone in there to keep it occupied.

Zach929rr
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Don't get anything on the immediate North side of Hampden/285 between Kipling and Sante Fe unless you like getting your stuff stolen.

Tipys
Mon Mar 30th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Anyone heard of the Peachtree Apartments? Good or bad?

Aphrodite
Mon Mar 30th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Anyone heard of the Peachtree Apartments? Good or bad?

They might be an OK to live in from the outside, in but in retrospect I was called to do some work there and they probable got mold in several units cause they are not willing to spend any $$$ to protect the property when things happen, and they are fast to blame the tenets.

t_jolt
Mon Mar 30th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Don't get anything on the immediate North side of Hampden/285 between Kipling and Sante Fe unless you like getting your stuff stolen.

I live in that area and havent had a problem yet. Just know that it can and will happen to everyone once.

RajunCajun
Mon Mar 30th, 2009, 11:42 PM
I live in Littleton on Mineral, just west of the light rail, and this is a super nice area. One of the nicest apartments I've ever lived in and has an amazing view of the foothills. Sunsets rock on my balcony, hahah, you know what I'm saying??? No, ok, me neither....
I haven't heard of anyone in this complex getting broken into and I feel really safe walking or biking down to the Platte River, even at night. I do, however pay about $600.00 a month, which is half of the rent, including a garage.

Aphrodite
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 05:47 AM
That an Idea if you can do a shared apartment thing, If you can, just watch out if you use the craigslist.

Devaclis
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 07:29 AM
There are TONS of places in Littleton right now. Pretty cheap too. Come up here on the weekend and just walk around.

Tipys
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 07:52 AM
^^^Dana that probly what I am going to do.

Zach929rr
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 09:07 AM
I live in that area and havent had a problem yet. Just know that it can and will happen to everyone once.

Good to hear you haven't had trouble. I've just been up in that area A LOT in the past 6 years and know that it happens quite a bit more frequently there.

MetaLord 9
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 09:11 AM
www.apartmentfinder.com (http://www.apartmentfinder.com)
FAIL.

ApartmentFinder's kind of a piece.

Look up places on Apartments.com, Move.com, and ApartmentGuide.com, and then contact them through Rent.com. If you skip contacting them online, then when you go in to the leasing office, tell them you saw them on Rent.com. If you do this, then you can go back, register w/rent.com, and then get $100 off your first month b/c you used them to move in. If you don't tell 'em it's Rent.com up front and say something else instead, you'll have a hard time convincing them to cough up the $100.

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 09:21 AM
I know everyone makes fun of Aurora, but we're in a nice area and the apartments across the street are new. 2 br and garage start at $750.

I have a few friends with houses for rent, too...

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 10:16 AM
I know everyone makes fun of Aurora, but we're in a nice area and the apartments across the street are new. 2 br and garage start at $750.

Really? What place is that???

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 10:23 AM
Really? What place is that???
I don't know the name. I'll get it when I go to lunch.

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 10:31 AM
schweet....gracias!

vmax2003
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 11:39 AM

hey Dean,,,i may need a place when I get back from the sand and i am too looking for a place with a garage. let me know if you find anything. ill be home at the end of july.

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 03:29 PM
schweet....gracias!Stone Cliff on Hampden East of Buckley.

The banner isn't up anymore. Don't know what that means...

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 03:30 PM
hey Dean,,,i may need a place when I get back from the sand and i am too looking for a place with a garage. let me know if you find anything. ill be home at the end of july.
House or apartment? I just happened to see the banner on the apartments. I have friends with houses for rent.