PDA

View Full Version : What music for canyon rides...

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 05:34 PM
I know this is going to generate a variety of responses depending on taste, but I'm trying to put together a playlist and want to find out what puts everyone else in the zone...so what do you listen to while tearing up the canyons?

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Being I dont push it in the Canyons its more about being smooth. I like Puddle of Mudd, The Offspring, Buckcherry, Green Day, Blink 182, Sum 41, and Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Snowman
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 05:41 PM
High Holy Days, Rise Against, Joe Satriani, Eve 6, Hinder and of course Van Halen...

R6Blake101
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 05:44 PM
I know this is going to generate a variety of responses depending on taste, but I'm trying to put together a playlist and want to find out what puts everyone else in the zone...so what do you listen to while tearing up the canyons?

Cold Play,Jason Mraz, some Hawaiian music like Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.

sugarrey
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Daughtry
buckcherry
pimp c
fifty
hollywood undead
linkin park (from my home town)
hawthorne heights
crystal method
mack 10
mudvayne
kid rock
seether

thats my current playlist......

DevilsTonic
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Rock, metal, techno.

YZFRydn
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I can't listen to that easy stuff when going through canyons, it makes me want to just cruise instead of fly.

Godsmack, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Payable on Death, Nickelback, and some techno

chad23
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 05:52 PM
most cases I listen to the sounds of my v twin, but on those day I do rock tunes I like hip hop or rap.
My bike is a little loud so I only hear the bass beats and I get a rhythm from that

daemon
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 06:15 PM
rage against the machine,helmet,type o negative,lot's of assorted tunes from movie soundtracks,soundgarden,system of a down,type o negative,staind,tool,faith no more,quicksand,stabbing westward,type o negative,gorillaz,satriani,anything bonham related,10 years,monster magnet,paradise lost,prodigy,zombie and last but not least.

did i mention Type O Negative???

Zach929rr
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 06:23 PM
A lot of Pop Rock showing up in these lists :lol:

Depends. I'm a metal/hiphop guy.

Metal - Lamb of God, Messugah, Parkway Drive, Mudvayne (LD50, End of All things), Buckethead, Coheed & Cambria maybe,

Hip Hop - CunningLynguists, Aesop Rock, Apathy, BIG, Blu & Exile, Common, Wu, Saul Williams

Misc - Prodigy (<3 Jilted Generation... old school at its best), a lot of mixed D'n'B, POD, Crystal Method +2

Tipys
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Well Also---Run DMC, Guttermouth, Anti-Flag....

asp_125
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I have a playlist with trance/techno/house .. tracks that blend into each other and has a rhythm and not a lot of vocals.

dirkterrell
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Symphony #1 in V-4 major by VFR

Dirk

PhL0aTeR
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Mudvayne, pantera... rage.... vanilla ice :oops: LOL

Snowman
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Oh and the theme to the television series UFO... :up:

sag
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 07:02 PM
i cant ride listening to music, i need to pay attention lol. i always snowboard with music and it makes me push it but kind of sloppily.

daemon
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 07:07 PM
i cant ride listening to music, i need to pay attention lol. i always snowboard with music and it makes me push it but kind of sloppily.
i think that mostly comes from a lack of focus on some peoples part.
i have never found myself focusing too much on the music.
anything that i listen to i have heard before and i know it well.
it is the rythm that get's me to ride within my boundaries.

to each their own,but i really have a hard time riding without tunes to keep me company.
god forbid i have to rely on myself for entertainment!!!:banghead:

OUTLAWD
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I have never listened to music before...but I just started wearing ear plugs, and I can't stand the sound of my thoughts with all the silence :crazy:

Bueller
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 07:30 PM
The roar of the mighty 250 is all the music I need. I have tried listening to music but it is more of a pain in the ass than I willing to deal with. I love the sounds of riding.

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I actually wear my headphone piece in one ear for the music and leave the other side alone so I can hear traffic and my bike. (Although after reading the other post, I'll be wearing at least an earplug.) Having said as much, I just play a good mix of whatever I happen to have on whichever mp3 player I happen to grab. Since it is only playing in one ear, it is primarily just the beat that I can hum with or tap my foot to at stoplights. Otherwise, I hardly even pay attention to the music.

Desmodromico
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Doesn't anyone have aftermarket exhaust? Who needs music?

sprtbkbabe
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Doesn't anyone have aftermarket exhaust? Who needs music?

What he said.

Actually, I think I'm getting tinnitus from the new Ape so music will only add to the distraction. Fooker's LOUD and I don't notice I'm talking loud when I turn her off. :(

what? WHAT? WHAT?

Nobody
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Outkast - Bombs over Baghdad is one of my personal favorites. Really makes me want to get an MP3 player.

Big-J
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:27 PM
The roar of the mighty 250 is all the music I need. I have tried listening to music but it is more of a pain in the ass than I willing to deal with. I love the sounds of riding.

Same here, pain in the ass and I liked to here the bike and everything else......when i had a bike.:oops:
Now when Im on the slopes, that a different story. I love all different kinds of music, so its a mix of hip-hop, rock, classic rock, latin, and generally anything that makes me wanna go faster and harder! :headbang:

Some System of a Down always does the trick, Sugar, makes wanna jump of cliffs!
Tupac- Picture me Rollin, love that shit!
Pantera-Anything
I can go on and on........

d3spair
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Markus Schulz..
lately MGMT

ChrisCBX
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Mudvayne, pantera... rage.... vanilla ice :oops: LOL

Same here, pain in the ass and I liked to here the bike and everything else......when i had a bike.:oops:
Now when Im on the slopes, that a different story. I love all different kinds of music, so its a mix of hip-hop, rock, classic rock, latin, and generally anything that makes me wanna go faster and harder! :headbang:

Some System of a Down always does the trick, Sugar, makes wanna jump of cliffs!
Tupac- Picture me Rollin, love that shit!
Pantera-Anything
I can go on and on........

I listen to a lot of different music but I really gotta agree with Pantera. Love me some Pantera (early or later).:)

thatmofo
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Markus Schulz..
lately MGMT

I thought you were going to post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3esKbQK58OI

DevilsTonic
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:31 PM
:lol: britney spears, richard simmons and um famous quotes from clint eastwood.. ;)

Cars-R-Coffins
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 09:43 PM
I've tried a MP3 but it just doesn't compare to the sweet note of an I-4 with aftermarket exhaust screaming at 16K RPM :rock:

Jim_Vess
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I listen to whatever the voices in my head feel like singing. Lately, they've been stuck on the Sex Pistols. :crazy:

Aracheon
Thu Mar 26th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Rock, metal, techno.

:imwithstupid:

RajunCajun
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Depends on mood. If I'm really cheery, I go for the soft stuff, like Static X, Disturbed, Mudvayne, Dry Kill Logic, Prodigy...

If I'm not so happy, which is usually the case, I go for Metal - Lamb of God, DevilDriver, Fear Factory, Coal Chamber, Norma Jean, As I Lay Dieing, Slipknot, NothingFace, Slayer...

Gainer
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Depends on mood. If I'm really cheery, I go for the soft stuff, like Static X, Disturbed, Mudvayne, Dry Kill Logic, Prodigy...

If I'm not so happy, which is usually the case, I go for Metal - Lamb of God, DevilDriver, Fear Factory, Coal Chamber, Norma Jean, As I Lay Dieing, Slipknot, NothingFace, Slayer...

Did you pass?