PDA

View Full Version : I'm at my limit today.....

PhL0aTeR
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Im sick and tired of the lack of courtesy in this goddamn town... Today started off by picking my grandmother up from the hospital, got her home safe and sound and on my way to wallyworld to pick up her prescriptions, this jackass comes down the hill behind me pretty fast, and as soon as i see the son of a bitch go sideways, i change lanes and speed up a bit to GTFO.... luckily (or unluckily as the case is) the walmart entrance was close and this fucker was still doing 360's down 8th st, so i dipped in hitting the curb. I stopped to assess the damages and it took a nice chunk outta the wheel.... As i started to walk toward the car that caused this little mess, he looked at me coming and took the fuck off... i didnt get a license plate cuz it was covered in snow and i could care less about the wheel cuz im shopping around for new ones anyhow, but what the fuck? luckily discount was right there and they took care of me.

then i go pick my chick up from work and as i round the corner in the parking lot i see these 2 kids shadowboxing in the middle of the road and one of them sees me coming and motions for the other to get outta the way... this one looks me dead in my eye and says "I dont give a fuck" and continues to mad dog me as i pass, so i roll my back window down and ask him if he has something to say to me. He says "Uhhh.... YEAH you need to slow down!" Well i was JUST telling my chick about the douche that left me holding a chunk of my rim so i slammed on the brakes, got out and got in his face and asked him what he had to say, of course he said absolutely nothing and as i walked away to get back into the car he told me, "Your ass is going right to jail!" so i turned around and he starts spouting off that he is 17 and whatnot, and I can talk shit to his dad instead. So i called him on it, his dad was in the store so i followed him to the store, stuck my head in and asked who owned this kid, the guy comes out, obviously pissed off at what his kid has gotten him into and of course the kid starts telling the dad that i got out and started yelling at him for no reason, and then the mom gets into it of course taking her little babies side...... I finally told the dad to get the fuck back in the store and to keep better eye at who his kid is running his mouth to, which he said fine and i started walking away and then he started to run his mouth again so i turned around and said "Now i know where your fucking kid gets it from, get the fuck back in the store and shut the fuck up." At this point my face is probably red, my fists are probably balled up and its obvious that im about to go the fuck off, and he thought better of what he had to say and went inside and i left.

Im sick of people in this town not signaling when they change lanes, turn or whatever the fuck else you are supposed to signal for..... im sick of people tailgating me in the goddamn construction zones because i go the speed limit. im sick of people looking me dead in the eye, and then pulling in front of me as i go down academy as they think their fucking minivan can accelerate to 50mph in the 100ft she gave herself, and then when i change lanes and lay on the horn (for those that dont speak horn, allow me to translate. its saying "You are a goddamn moron, please go back to driving school and ask for a re-test!") i get no "I'm sorry" wave, no acknowledgment that i almost made her minivan a compact car, and luckily was watching enough for the both of us and took actions needed to avoid a collision.....

Anyone else feel like this sometimes? i think these oblivious sons of bitches need a wakeup call from time to time..... unfortunately handing out eye jammies on a daily basis is illegal, but i was like 2 steps away from crossing that line today....

Anyways, rant over...... this is what i felt like today....

http://www.arenamagazine.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/falling_down.jpg

y_merkle
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Man you did have a rought day today. I hear you though. You can't live with them and to bad we just can't shoot them!

Cars-R-Coffins
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Did your spacecraft land on Earth by accident? ...welcome to life in America :alien:

WidowmakerDutch
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah I've had those days too... MANY OF THEM!!! Some people these days just don't care. I find it way too often that things like what happened to you today happens everyday.
Days of people caring or seeming to care went away too long ago. It comes from a society that is now coming to the "stick to yourself" mentality. Too many people are in a rush to go no where, or the think that they are just better than you, or they are smartass kids that know because they are under 18 they can do what they want and an adult can't do shit about it other than talk to the parents (sometimes). But as you found out the parents need their asses whooped too sometimes because they are the ones influencing their actions.

Best of Luck to you and It sucks you had a bad day like that.

XJ600s
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Not necessarily a SOCO experience, but driving today on a 3 lane road each way, I was passing a guy in an older subaru. Well, as I passed him, I hit a bunch of snow that was thrown up onto his windshield and he sped past me even though I was way in front of him, and sat in the one spot that was throwing crap on my windshield...I slowed down, he slowed down. It's like he thought I did it on purpose, but I was merely trying to pass him because he was going 15 under on roads that were safe enough to go faster on.

Don't get me started on the people that I saw yesterday driving in the heaviest part of the storm while talking on cell phones. That is the one thing that really gets me going. I was out driving around rescuing people who were stranded in their cars and too far to walk to anything. I even rescued a snowmobiler who got stuck. When I drove by where we left his snowmobile yesterday, it was covered by snow from the plows...it'll take a while to unbury.

mtnairlover
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Sorry you had a rotten day.

Everyone is dealing with stuff in their lives and everyone has a different way to go about expressing it. Shite happens. And no, I'm really not trying to come up with all the old used up cliche's. I'm guessing other stuff in your life right now is a tad stressful. People tend to handle that stress in different ways.

The kids? What's up with them? Who knows? The kid's Dad? Um, yeah...you came in to the store already angry and probably already with that air of frustration about you. So, Dad is on the defensive immediately. And what was he dealing with? What kind of stresses and shite has he been through lately?

Stress makes it easy to snap...real easy.

To be honest, people do care...it's hard to give sometimes though, because of the idea that we'll get hurt if we get involved...so it's better to just shut things out than to get involved. Taking chances all the time is hard on the psyche...it's the fear of the unknown.

Anyway, I really am sorry you had a bad day.

leadbedr
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Ive got to agree.
I've only been in Denver for a few months. I know everywhere has bad drivers, but this is by far the worst I have ever seen.
Do you really need to be that close behind me in rush hour traffic? Where they hell are you going to go?
And I have lived everywhere from LA to NYC.
Im not one of those people who thinks im the best driver out there. But I would say at least 2-3 times a day if I wasn't paying attention to the idiots out there, I would definatly be in an accident.
And you would think that people that live somewhere that get snow EVERY YEAR could drive a little better in.
How many road closures yesterday because of clueless people?

thatmofo
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 05:15 PM
I hear you man. It's been a crazy month.

d3spair
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Yep, fuck Colorado drivers.

Hi11Zone
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Man i know what u mean bro, lot of bad drivers inconsiderit peopel out there. Iv had many times where they almost hit me or they actualy did which i posted about that along time ago. Yet they still think they did nothing wrong and get pissed of and speed away.

ChrisCBX
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Normally after a day like yours, I would say ride a motorcycle. Due to weather, I would say have a beer and work on a project.

The odds are good that tomorrow will be a better day.:)

Bueller
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Yep, fuck Colorado drivers.
Fuck all the transplants that fucking clog up our roads and bring thier shit driving skills here

dirkterrell
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Don't get me started on the people that I saw yesterday driving in the heaviest part of the storm while talking on cell phones.

Or the many dumbasses I saw yesterday in the blizzard driving around with no lights on.

Dirk

Tipys
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Fuck all the transplants that fucking clog up our roads and bring thier shit driving skills here

very well said

XJ600s
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Or the many dumbasses I saw yesterday in the blizzard driving around with no lights on.

Dirk

Oh man, I forgot about those morons! You could barely see them 20 feet in front of your car. I was afraid someone was going to rear end me, so I had my offroading backup lights on while I was driving, along with all of my front lights.

Some people just don't know how to drive in bad weather, let alone even in good weather.

PhL0aTeR
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 09:34 PM

the fucked up thing about it not just their driving skills.... it makes the normal people learn to drive like that, so it fucks us both ways.

Captain Obvious
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Why is it that when I do 9 over the limit, I am flying by people on the Interstate? Back in Atlanta, everyone drives fast, here, people can't even do the speed limit?

Tipys
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 10:45 PM
^^the Speed limit changed on I25.. Plus people dont know how to drive here

PhL0aTeR
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Why is it that when I do 9 over the limit, I am flying by people on the Interstate? Back in Atlanta, everyone drives fast, here, people can't even do the speed limit?

yeah, unless they are speeding through a construction zone..... and if they ARE Doing the speed limit they are driving in the left lane

RajunCajun
Fri Mar 27th, 2009, 11:22 PM

I'm not going to take offense because I'm a kick-ass driver and better than %75 of the douchebags out there on the road, from who gives a fuk where!

And people today really need to just get their asses kicked. Especially kids, then kick their parents asses for not raising the little pieces of shit! I guess you really can't do that(well, sometimes) so you just got to suck it up. I hate that bullshit, though! People these days don't care about anything or anyone and their actions totally reflect that. What ya gonna do??

Ok, enough vulgarity for now......

Zach929rr
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Sucks everybody is have a hostile past few days.

Just the other day, I was doing 75 up that northern stretch (in the middle lane) of I25 that's 75 forever. Car on my right that is more or less pacing me and a red explorer coming up behind him doing about 85-90. I see the explorer coming up super quick in the left mirror and get on the brakes a touch so I can give this douche room to pass in the middle lane if he needed too.

What does he do? Rides the ass of the guy in the left lane, flashes his brights like he's trying to cause a seizure, finally speeds up to pass in the middle lane, then cuts off the guy on the left by no more that 1'.

Fucking idiots out there. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

willb003
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 03:04 AM

+1 The thing I dont get is why in three lanes on a highway or whatever cars will line up right next to each other and go the exact same speed. Its called a fast lane for a reason, and there are several signs like almost every mile saying keep right except to pass.

aLiEn
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 08:11 AM
I hear ya. I was on my way down to the Springs last night and some smack-tard was doing 60 mph in the fast lane. I passed him in the right lane doing 75 mph and he had the nerve to turn on his brights and keep them shining on my bumper for several miles(my trucks lifted =P). Get outta our way if your scared to drive the speed limit noob's!

Sully
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 08:49 AM

Dirk

Most didn't even know their lights weren't on because they didn't even shovel off their car, let alone their headlights... seriously, how can you see out of this one tiny spot on your windshield ???

Brat
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 09:31 AM
thats why my cars bigger, its got a bumper thats what its for... bumpin :D have a better day ol phloat.
everyone have a good day damnit! :)
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t219/Bratmantlz/old%20school%20toys/fishingpics003.jpg
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t219/Bratmantlz/old%20school%20toys/anteropicsvidsaug08008.jpg

lightspeed
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Yeah I've had those days too... MANY OF THEM!!! Some people these days just don't care. I find it way too often that things like what happened to you today happens everyday.
Days of people caring or seeming to care went away too long ago. It comes from a society that is now coming to the "stick to yourself" mentality. Too many people are in a rush to go no where, or the think that they are just better than you, or they are smartass kids that know because they are under 18 they can do what they want and an adult can't do shit about it other than talk to the parents (sometimes). But as you found out the parents need their asses whooped too sometimes because they are the ones influencing their actions.

Best of Luck to you and It sucks you had a bad day like that.

Hit the nail on the head here. Couldn't agree more....

Captain Obvious
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 07:29 PM
I hear ya. I was on my way down to the Springs last night and some smack-tard was doing 60 mph in the fast lane. I passed him in the right lane doing 75 mph and he had the nerve to turn on his brights and keep them shining on my bumper for several miles(my trucks lifted =P). Get outta our way if your scared to drive the speed limit noob's!

Absolutely. 1 thing to drive slow. Whole nother thing to drive slow in the fast lane and be surprised when I blow by. I can't help but give these a$$clowns the stink-eye as I go by.

Pssst, 65 on the Istate isn't very fast, you can do it soccer mom!

Captain Obvious
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 07:34 PM
have a better day ol phloat.
everyone have a good day damnit! :)

No more piling crap onto of crap. Heres why to live in CO.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/funksouljon/mountains/fattireatkeystone.jpg

co_gixxerguy
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Well...just hang in there...tourist season is just around the corner. So not only will we have to deal with the regular idiots.......now we have all the Qtips (white hair, white tennis shoes) that decide to rent a 50' long RV and tour the country in that instead of thier little Civic....the fun is just beginning.:bananna::guns: