PDA

View Full Version : No Mar tire changer

MattTLS
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I've ordered a No Mar tire changer and balancer which should arrive this next week. Once I get the garage rearranged somewhat, I'll be offering to do tire changes for some sort of fee -- I'm thinking about $15/one and $25/two if off the bike already. I should have the tools to remove wheels from most bikes, but obviously that'll have to cost a little more. Also, I'd like to leave it to the customer to know any relevant torques (axles, brakes, etc.) as needed. And this will most often be an evening thing during the week and by arrangement on weekends (my work hours fluctuate widely). By the way, I'm in Severance.

Matthew

chad23
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Nice matt, I will be in touch.

sugarrey
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Thats what I'm talking about!!! Nice piece!

Think
Sat Mar 28th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Siiick, might have to hit you up for a front and rear change.

brennahm
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 11:22 AM
Jesus, what do shops charge in the area?

TFOGGuys
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 11:45 AM
We get $12.99 each off bike, $29.99 each on bike, with tire purchase (competitive prices!). If you bring in tires bought elsewhere, it's $22.99 off or $39.99 on. These prices include electronic spin balancing, and can be done while you wait in most cases.

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 01:09 PM
Jesus, what do shops charge in the area?

We get $12.99 each off bike, $29.99 each on bike, with tire purchase (competitive prices!). If you bring in tires bought elsewhere, it's $22.99 off or $39.99 on. These prices include electronic spin balancing, and can be done while you wait in most cases.

Weeell, since the door was opened...

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29750

brennahm
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 01:55 PM
It was really more of an exclamation than a question, but thanks for the info!

sag
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:14 AM
Siiick, might have to hit you up for a front and rear change.

god youre gay

Think
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 04:28 AM
god youre gay
God you're drunk.

MattTLS
Tue Apr 21st, 2009, 06:20 PM
The tire changer is mounted to the floor, so I'm ready to help people out when I can. For now, the price is $10 per tire for the mount and balance with wheel off bike -- on bike will be extra as per work required. And I'd prefer it if you're able to take the old tires with you, but can deal with this if need be.

CurtisRR
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 07:40 AM
The tire changer is mounted to the floor, so I'm ready to help people out when I can. For now, the price is $10 per tire for the mount and balance with wheel off bike -- on bike will be extra as per work required. And I'd prefer it if you're able to take the old tires with you, but can deal with this if need be.

Practice, practice, practice. It takes several tries to get used to doing this but once you have it down their changers are as easy as they show you. It is all about the proper leverage and lube. Also I know they come with a lot more accessories then they used to that make the job easier. It you didn't get some of the additional accessories I suggest it.

2009RavenR1
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 07:51 AM
I forget what they are called.. but anybody have run the little balancing beads that go inside the tire?

OUTLAWD
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:25 AM
Saw this thing in action the other night. I was definately impressed with how simple the design is, and how smooth everything went. Its definately a nice piece, and pretty straight forward Nice meeting you Matt!

- Dave