PDA

View Full Version : 2 more deadly crashes today. Way too early for this.

y_merkle
Sun Mar 29th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Just heard on the news about two deadly motorcycle crashes that happened today. The first happened at Circle and Constitution. Looked to be a red sport bike. Both driver and passenger killed. No names released yet. Apparently the bike ran into the back of a van. A second one occurred 5 miles up highway 24 to Woodland Park. No details yet.

http://www.krdotv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10091013

The brunt of the riding season hasn't even begun and already way too many accidents. Please, Please everyone be safe. After our heavy snow storm I don't think the roads are optimal for riding especially highway 24, but thats just my thoughts. Returned from that way this afternoon and there is a ton of sand of the roads.
Again please use caution.

Thoughts are with the victims families.

Tipys
Sun Mar 29th, 2009, 08:36 PM
RIP Riders

Hi11Zone
Sun Mar 29th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I rode today, ya 24 stay away from it and around town is even kinda bad. All in all a good relaxed ride around town. I hate to see this. I belive i road past one of teh accidents today. Be safe guys!

Brat
Sun Mar 29th, 2009, 10:58 PM
yep, i was talking to friends i ride with. about how its not even summer and this is all happening...... :(

modette99
Mon Mar 30th, 2009, 10:55 AM

Brat
Mon Mar 30th, 2009, 10:58 AM
This is going to be a long ass summer, I think I will repack the first aid kit under my seat today to get ready for this season.
no doubt, be ready for anything. good idea eh.

McVaaahhh
Mon Mar 30th, 2009, 11:12 AM
WTF is going on down south guys? Seems like that's where all the shit's happening...

However, having been around for a little while this is nothing new to the start of the season. I believe the beginning of the season is the deadliest. I'm not sure why, but I think it's a combination of rusty skills, poor road conditions, and the fact that cagers aren't used to seeing bikers out and about.

With that said, it also seems like most of the deaths that have occurred so far this year are 100% the riders fault by riding way way too fast and not wearing any gear. Maybe the real reason for the fatalities is everyone is just itching to ride and just getting after it too hard.

COS Mille
Mon Mar 30th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Couldn't be because we just had a snow storm and the roads haven't been cleaned very well yet, could it?
The radio said the crash on 24 was on a "homemade motorcycle", that could be many different things. http://www.krdo.com/global/story.asp?s=10091573
link says no helmet, and possible alcohol.

I cringe seeing riders positioned in the center of the lane rather than the tire tracks. Anti skid is always worse closer to intersections, sometimes only leaving the tire tracks clear, and not much room for error if an avoidance maneuver has to be made. Just something to think about.

With Respect......RIP riders.

The rest of us, please ride smart.

TFOGGuys
Mon Mar 30th, 2009, 11:31 AM
WTF is going on down south guys? Seems like that's where all the shit's happening...

However, having been around for a little while this is nothing new to the start of the season. I believe the beginning of the season is the deadliest. I'm not sure why, but I think it's a combination of rusty skills, poor road conditions, and the fact that cagers aren't used to seeing bikers out and about.

With that said, it also seems like most of the deaths that have occurred so far this year are 100% the riders fault by riding way way too fast and not wearing any gear. Maybe the real reason for the fatalities is everyone is just itching to ride and just getting after it too hard.

BTW, when you decide to fire up the n00b ride, I'll be happy to ride sweep... on my XT350...on DOT knobbies.....as long as it's a Sunday :)

McVaaahhh
Mon Mar 30th, 2009, 11:46 AM
BTW, when you decide to fire up the n00b ride, I'll be happy to ride sweep... on my XT350...on DOT knobbies.....as long as it's a Sunday :)

:up: coming soon...

modette99
Mon Mar 30th, 2009, 12:00 PM