PDA

View Full Version : Sun Enterprises in Thornton

RAGrote
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Has anybody ever done business with this dealership?

I'm looking for purchase experiences only.
Good?
Bad?

Sun Enterprises (http://www.sunent.com/)

Lomax
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 07:34 AM
I know the owner and have bought several Harley's from them. Very nice sales people, parts and service. I would highly recommend them. Now as for the Import side I have had less dealings. I have bought a couple of bikes from them and they were very straight forward about it. There are a couple of salesmen that are a bit like the typical used car guys however. As in any buying experience it is what you make of it. Overall I would recommend Sun.

Marc.

firefghtr
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 08:31 AM
ive herd mixed but mostly bad

Dr. Joe Siphek
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 08:43 AM
That's probably b/c you work for the competition! And as a salesman...you should know that's it's bad karma to bash your competitors, b/c someday you may end up working for em!

troythetroll
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 09:34 AM
I bought an F4 off of them, which went well, and tried to buy a 929 off of them, which didn't. In both cases they were reasonable as far as dealing with the salesmen....they seem to occasionally have interesting ideas on the values of trade ins though. The F4 deal was straight up no trade, the 929 deal wasn't, so that might have something to do with it not working out well.

BlueDevil
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 11:50 AM
I have had 2 experiences with them.

1 bad

I caught the sales guy in a lie and he wouldnt own up or toss in a helmet for the hassle. I offered a price on a bike and he said he wasnt able to do it. Then while we are sitting there a sales man next to us let the same bike go for less then I offered.

1 good
Got a killer orice in some closeout AStar gloves

Polar X
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Ron, the owner is a great guy. They have sold several cruisers to a bunch of the members that I ride with on the Colorado VTX riders.

If you go, ask for Mark Kites, he will treat you right. can't vouch for anyone else but those 2. FYI, he will offer you a deal, and if you don't take it, and go shopping somwhere else and then come back,,,,,,that deal is gone, and you start all over again. So do your shopping B4 you get there.

Tell him Chris (Polar X) with the CO VTX Riders sent you. Might not help, but it is worth a try. :P

RAGrote
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Sounds like Caveat Emptor to me. I wouldn't expect anything more or less from a dealer that I don't frequent.

I'm buying a bike and that's all. I'll do all the maintenance from there on out so chances are this'll be my first and last dealings with them. You can never tell, however... If I'm treated well I'll buy from them again.

Ron? Are you talking about Bowers?

Thanks for all the replies folks.... it helps to put the mind at ease.

BlueDevil
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 12:32 PM
If you go, ask for Mark Kites, he will treat you right.

Ahhh thats the name. The guy that lied and wouldnt make ANY deal....

Polar X
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 12:43 PM
If you go, ask for Mark Kites, he will treat you right.

Ahhh thats the name. The guy that lied and wouldnt make ANY deal....

There are 2 Marks there 1 is tall and skinny, the other is shorter and stocky, runs the racing teams stuff. Can't remember the talls last name, but he would be one I would not deal with. Kites has always treated all of our group VERY well. If that WAS him, I am surprised and sorry to hear that. :(

Ron Lang is the co-owner of both.

naturalhoosier
Thu Feb 24th, 2005, 07:39 PM
I went in there to check out the bikes when I was in the market last year. Walked around and looked at the inventory for about 20 minutes. No sales folk approached, so they didn't get my $.

Because I live near there, I use their parts dept now and again though. They are extremely helpful.

Devil954
Thu Feb 24th, 2005, 07:50 PM
I wouldnt buy a (new)bike anywhere else , I have bought 2 bikes there and was able to get great deals on both , everyone else wouldnt deal at all . I tried Excel and Powersports they both would not budge on the price and Sun did :up: I would recommend Sun over any other of the bigger dealers .

ozzy187
Sun Mar 27th, 2005, 11:56 AM
They are good people there. I have made several purchases from them. They have some of the best parts guys in town. I have only had one bad thing happen there.

purevol
Sun Mar 27th, 2005, 12:10 PM
actually as far as deals go, i think their pricing sucks, but where elose can you buya kawasaki - excel - these guys are well trying to make a buck. as far as equipment and gear, if you want motox gear then you are set, but if you want stylin street gear or a decent set of gloves this is not the place to go.

im new to denver, and very opinionated. there is one other place that I went to, but i dont remember the name of it, wasnt so bad but i didnt buy anything.