PDA

View Full Version : Curious about the Kryptonite lock recall...

(( LO LO ))
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Remember how the security of those locks was being compromised due to lousy tumbler engineering and a ball point pen? I had sent my name to be included with the thousands of other Kryptonite lock owners, on their recall list of names. This was some time back. Well....today I finally received a UPS shipping tag in my email, so I can send my old faulty locks back to the manufacturer. My question is who has already sent their old locks in, and received the newly designed locks? Curious if they are nice locks, and how long after you sent it to Kryptonite, did it take to receive your new locks? Thanks for any info you way have on these locks......

Wow I said "locks" alot.

(( LO LO ))
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 09:05 PM
I guess no one took part in the recall...... oh well

~Barn~
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Not here. I would have been one, but my disk lock got stolen, right before that news broke. :lol:

King Nothing
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 09:14 PM
you can LOCK that R1 in my garage, lolo

(( LO LO ))
Mon Jan 24th, 2005, 09:28 PM
you can LOCK that R1 in my garage, lolo

Shyyyyyt.... :D

Rhino
Tue Jan 25th, 2005, 04:37 PM
I sent mine in and got the new one in about a week. My old one was yellow with black letters. The new one is black with orange in places.

(( LO LO ))
Tue Jan 25th, 2005, 05:52 PM
I sent mine in and got the new one in about a week. My old one was yellow with black letters. The new one is black with orange in places.
So it is basically the same thing only the colors changed? Did the lock tumbler look different design wise? What about the keys? :?

Rhino
Tue Jan 25th, 2005, 06:17 PM
The lock itself looks the same desingn wise. I have the U shaped model...don't know the model name. The key is nothing like the old ones.

FZRguy
Tue Jan 25th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Just got my call tags for a U-lock and disc lock. I have a NY chain with a big ass lock and the key is exactly like the pic for it.

(( LO LO ))
Tue Jan 25th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the pic. That is exactly what I was wondering (key shape).

wulf
Tue Jan 25th, 2005, 07:27 PM
damnit, i have to send in my lock?

where do i sign up for the recall?

i have a u shaped yellow with black letters.

(( LO LO ))
Tue Jan 25th, 2005, 07:40 PM
I had the same yellow w/black U lock. Put your name on the recall list at: Kryptonite Lock Exchange (http://www.kryptonitelock.com/inetisscripts/abtinetis.exe/templateform@public?tn=home_home)

HDave
Wed Feb 2nd, 2005, 08:44 PM
Thanks fo rthe link, I have no idea they were exchanging these locks. I have 2. Bonus, locks that cant be picked with a bic!

mikesf4i
Wed Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:03 PM
LO LO
Thanks for posting this. I knew they had a problem but did not know they were exchanging the locks.

(( LO LO ))
Thu Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:05 AM
No problem everyone. Glad to help. I thought everyone knew about the exchange program. Get those new locks everybody...

green_zx7r
Sat Apr 23rd, 2005, 10:09 PM
Same here. Thanks Lolo for the heads up!

I have two Krypto locks that I wasn't sure what to do since they were both the tubular style keys and knew weren't safe (after watching the 2WheelTuesday show).

Yusuke