PDA

View Full Version : Ever wheelie on accident?

Devaclis
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 02:22 PM
Yesterday I was at a light on Broadway and an undisclosed street at a red light. I was in the center lane. A silver Rustang pulled up to my left. A black DRZ 400 pulled up to my right. He/She started to rev their motor a bit. So did the Rustang. I pulled in the clutch, put it in 1st and did the same. It was like a 3 way with no eye contact, only sex. The light turned green and I hit the throttle, as did my other partners in this messy Manage Of Three and in my excitement I forgot to let out the clutch. Well, I noticed them starting to peel away and I too wanted to move. I released the clutch. The front of the bike came up to about 10:00, just as I was locating the rear brake. It came back down and hauled away to the next light.

Scared the hell out of me. I should have been wearing a diaper. I had nightmares about it last night. Tickets, accidents, old people yelling about kids these days, dirty underpants.......

salsashark
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 02:31 PM
Back when I had my XX...

I was heading home after work one day, and being the recent recipient of a go fast award, I was keeping it near the speed limit going north on Downing near Porter Hospital. Some jackass in a beat down rice rocket decided he didn't want to go the speed limit so he tried to pass me in the bike lane on the right. Not being OK with this bonehead move, I chose to one up him. I pulled the clutch and dropped a gear, cranked the throttle and dumped the clutch. What I failed to realize is that while I normally rode that speed in 3rd gear, for some reason I was in second... dropped it to first, the front pulled right up.

Scared me, scared the other guy, probably scared a few pedestrians... oh well.

dirkterrell
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 02:37 PM
I've had the VFR's front end come up a few times on hard acceleration when the VTEC kicks in, especially on cold mornings. Nothing major, maybe a foot or so.

Dirk

Matty
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 02:38 PM
yep... i wheelie on accident all the time... that's even what i told the cop back in cali. lol.

asp_125
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 03:07 PM
I was making a right turn. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the cross traffic light go green and cars started to come across the intersection. In a hurry I upshifted to second and dumped the clutch. Afterwards my instructor came over and said that was the first time any of his students ever wheelied in class... on a Ninja 500R, even if it was only six inches or so off the ground.

Bueller
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 03:46 PM
:squid:wheelie:squid:

Mother Goose
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 03:48 PM
"God damn street racers!"[/Fast & the Furious]

Sean
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 03:52 PM
Coming out of t.8 @ Pueblo. Winding out 2nd, I shifted my body back on to the seat. I think I pulled a little to much on the handle bars instead of using my legs. It was probably only 3 inches off of the ground, but it scared the crap out of me :shocked: That's what I get for being a noob.

sugarrey
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 04:44 PM
How about u MastaP? Ever? :)

Sortarican
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 05:47 PM
Ever wheelie on accident? .......

No, but I did accident on a stoppie.

Tipys
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 05:55 PM
Yup a few time these kinda things happen

XJ600s
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 05:57 PM
On my 94 Seca2 (sport tourer with not much torque or hp) I have wheelied a few times on accident. All of the times it happened I thought I was in second gear after coming up behind some moron who stopped to turn left, but didn't have a blinker on or their brake lights on, and to show I was mad at their moronity, I revved the engine high as I was passing them, both times by instinct though I was in first not second.

Turns out the only way to wheelie my bike is rev it to 9k and let the clutch out in first, wheelie everytime. Granted the front wheel only got off the ground about 6 inches before I realized it and pulled in the clutch (but I know its the rear brake you hit to lower the front end). An experience for sure, but glad I wasn't on a newer more powerful bike otherwise I could have ended up on my back.

ChrisCBX
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 05:59 PM
I came home from work one hot summer day and had an urge to do a "cool down" lap around my neighborhood.

I jumped on my then new, ZX11 and went around in a two block circle around my house. I stopped at a stop sign directly across the street from my house and used too much gas and too quick on the clutch. I ended up doing a massive surprise wheelie while dressed in shorts, tank top and flip flops.:oops:

In a panic, I slammed the bike down hard and had to replace fork seals not very long afterward.

gtn
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 07:16 PM
Yup! Twice (so far). The first time was on the second day of the MSF course. :shocked:

The second time was hard acceleration on a left from 92nd onto south bound Wads.

derekm
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 07:29 PM
I have those kinds off accidents here 'n there...

MikeG
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 07:39 PM
Define "accident"

Devaclis
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 07:44 PM
Define "accident"

Accident = Videos at the spot :)

CBRSue
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 07:45 PM
Many moons ago when I was 16, some ass was being an ass and he disconnected the spark plug wires on my bike. This was my old '69 Honda that only had a kick start. After several attempts at trying to kick it over, I noticed what he'd done. I got my bike started and while in a terrible fury, I cruised up a hill and onto a street where I did a wheelie and crashed in front of hundreds of people walking to their cars after the 4th of July fireworks display... it was so embarrassing! :(

MikeG
Tue Mar 31st, 2009, 07:50 PM
Accident = Videos at the spot :)

Like a 20 mile wheelie posted on Youtube?

UglykidJoe
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 06:58 AM
Can't wheelie: Read "WheelieBar"

OUTLAWD
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 05:05 PM
some asshat cut in front of me on a section of road where they were grating to repave it...throwing a bunch of little pavement chips at me in the process.
So I decided that I needed to pass him in a manner that expressed my displeasure. I pulled up next to him in the left lane, in 2nd, and just cracked it...I then noticed the front end was becoming very light, and my input on the bars did nothing...the front came down, and the bars shook a bit, and then I realized what had just happened...even though the front was just a few inches off the ground, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face, just imagining what the guy in the cage was thinking...he kept his distance at the next light...

Bueller
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 05:09 PM
Hey Dana, here is the Dr.Z of your dreams, I think Stuart wheelies it "accidentally"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODQD-sXJ0fw

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 07:34 PM
1st time (accident)...back roads going to DIA. Stopped for a railroad crossing, slowly crossed the tracks and since I'm out in the middle of nowhere, I got on it...Woohooo, before I knew what was happening the front end was up and stayed up as I continued to accelerate. 2nd time (accident)...Just after Clarkie installed my PCIII and tuned it. I left Epic, went east on 119. No traffic around, so I got on it a tad. Front wheel comes up a couple feet and scared me, as I had got on it like that even more than I did that time and nothing, but all of sudden it took less. 3rd time, etc...(no accident) Just a matter of picking the right time and place, away from the public and traffic.

R6biker122
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 09:07 PM
At bandimere speedway, first time as i switched between 1st and second i popped the cluth a little and front end came up a tad.:eek: Scared the bajesus out of me. But now im very comfortable with the front coming up all the way now since i have practiced in a parking lot. Anyone ever pulled an accelerated wheelie down the entire quarter mile of bandimere?

GrlRdr
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 11:06 PM
Yesterday I was at a light on Broadway and an undisclosed street at a red light. I was in the center lane. A silver Rustang pulled up to my left. A black DRZ 400 pulled up to my right. He/She started to rev their motor a bit. So did the Rustang. I pulled in the clutch, put it in 1st and did the same. It was like a 3 way with no eye contact, only sex. The light turned green and I hit the throttle, as did my other partners in this messy Manage Of Three and in my excitement I forgot to let out the clutch. Well, I noticed them starting to peel away and I too wanted to move. I released the clutch. The front of the bike came up to about 10:00, just as I was locating the rear brake. It came back down and hauled away to the next light.

Scared the hell out of me. I should have been wearing a diaper. I had nightmares about it last night. Tickets, accidents, old people yelling about kids these days, dirty underpants.......

DITTO, DITTO, DITTO...all details (including Broadway and 10:00) except mine was with three other bikes and after the first wheelie, it came down so hard that it bounced back up again. So...I WIN!!! I did a DOUBLE WHEELIE! Hadn't really been riding all that long so it knocked about 15 years off of my life!!! I've had a few "few inchers" since then but after that first experience, I don't count the "mini" wheelies.