PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how long a divorce takes?

Mizzybeff
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 03:55 PM
Yeah so in general, about how long does one of these crappy, mass paperwork, stressful, life events take?

Snowman
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 03:57 PM
Well there is the easy way or the hard way…
However the easy way comes with a life sentence.

Mizzybeff
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 03:59 PM
^^^ DAMN!!!!!!!!!

Devaclis
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 03:59 PM
90 days

Bueller
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 04:01 PM
90 days from the time you file, if everything goes smoothly.

Shea
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 04:01 PM
From what I've seen, it all depends on the parties involved.

Easy, amicable: 2-3 months of just filing paperwork.

Contentious: A long, long time with challenges, anal probes of bank records, lots of lawyer's fees, arbitration, etc.

I'm sorry and good luck :)

TFOGGuys
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 04:03 PM
Why are divorces so expensive?

wait for it.....

Because they're worth it!

MetaLord 9
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 04:05 PM
Just don't write down on your divorce papers that you threw knives at your husband...

Mizzybeff
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 04:07 PM
^^^ no he just threw my phone at me and hit me with it. lol it sucked.

Bueller
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 04:09 PM
Did you deserve it?:)

Mizzybeff
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 04:11 PM
no i got a text in the middle of an argument so he got pissed and took it away from me tried to break it and then chucked it at my head.

Really it was not cool. But I don't live there anymore and filled for divorce and a restraining order shortly after so it will all work out in the end

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 04:12 PM
I say da-yum! lmao

MetaLord 9
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 04:15 PM
Well would you rather him throw a phone at you and hit you with it or a knife at you and miss you with it?

~Barn~
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 04:16 PM
Well would you rather him throw a phone at you and hit you with it or a knife at you and miss you with it?

I'd like to use my 50/50, Regis.

Bueller
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 04:22 PM
I say da-yum! lmao
Just curious, mine deserved it, testified in court that I did it.
I didn't but sometimes when I dream..............................:slap:

Good luck with your proceedings.

Sean
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 04:28 PM
Yeah so in general, about how long does one of these crappy, mass paperwork, stressful, life events take?Not nearly as long as spending the rest of you're life with Satan. :up:

Foolds
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 04:29 PM
Not nearly as long as spending the rest of you're life with Satan. :up:

Sean, she wasn't married to you so little risk of that!

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 04:30 PM
Sean, she wasn't married to you so little risk of that!
Kelso says "Dude, that was a nice burn!"

rforsythe
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 04:54 PM
Well there is the easy way or the hard way…
However the easy way comes with a life sentence.

Not with (a) enough money and certain kinds of associates, or (b) good shoveling skills.

Sean
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 05:52 PM
Sean, she wasn't married to you so little risk of that!I was originally going to put "Not nearly as long as spending the rest of you're life with that bitch", but I thought I would make it a little less gender specific and use my ex's nickname instead. :up:

Bashed
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 05:57 PM
Yeah so in general, about how long does one of these crappy, mass paperwork, stressful, life events take?

A .22 cartridge and a 1/3 of a second.
The depositing of the body is the time consuming part.
It could take years if the right chemicals arn't used.

Sean
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 06:01 PM
It could take years if the right chemicals arn't used.Why again did you go down to Mexico?

thatmofo
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 08:03 PM

I say da-yum! lmao

I LMAO too!

mtnairlover
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 08:59 PM
A very helpful website for a do-it-yourself divorce for the state of Colorado...http://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/Forms_List.cfm/Form_Type_ID/108

Yep, it's about 90 days for everything to proceed, but you need to stay on top of things and make sure all paperwork is filed correctly and on time. Mine was pretty cheap when I went through it in 04. Cost me $284. and yep, I paid all of it gladly.:D

R6biker122
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 09:47 PM
you can do things two ways. Make it very easy or make it very hard. UNfortunately my parents are stil going at it. They have basically thrown all their money away from court cases and stupid sh** because they can't agree on anything. It has been 6 years and they're still going stupid. So word of advise. Do things the easy way. it is worth it on the banking account.

Mizzybeff
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 11:23 PM
I think our only problem will be who gets custody of the kids durring school everyting else is basically done. Except the paperwork blah!!!!!!!

dchd1130
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 08:18 AM
Im in the same boat. Been trying to make it work for a while now, but it doesn't look like its going to happen. All the material things will be easy, its the kids that will make things hard. She doesn't want to give me any real rights to them. She thinks I should just stop by and do bed time with them, basically just visit. She doesn't want them bouncing back and forth between us. So we will probably end up blowing their college funds in court. Sounds like you guys wont have as much trouble though. Good luck.

sugarrey
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 08:19 AM
I should know how long it takes after all my friends back home have had one, but I don't.

But what I do know is that a "divorce bachelor party" takes about 4 hours and
about 6 corona's. Let me know.

Scer
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 12:21 PM
They are starting a new thing down in Texas where they have all the paperwork ready. All you have to do is come in an fill in all the names and details. The funny part about this...it's all done at a Van parked next to a busy intersection.
Time to invest in the new drive thru divorce stations!

invest on investas

Mizzybeff
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 12:27 PM
wow really that makes it too easy. I hate to be one of the major divorce statistics but when infidelity is involved it time for byebye

dallas
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 12:27 PM
Why again did you go down to Mexico?
What gets buried in Mexico, stays in Mexico..........

rforsythe
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 12:31 PM
Time to invest in the new drive thru divorce stations!

invest on investas

Like this?

TFOGGuys
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 12:33 PM
What gets buried in Mexico, stays in Mexico..........

Unless they send......Captain Inconspicuous....AKA....
http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Dog-Bounty-Hunter-tv-12.jpg

dallas
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 12:40 PM
I would notice a funny little red X following me around.

Tipys
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 12:43 PM
Isn't there one already following you dallas?

dallas
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 12:47 PM
Yeah, but that is for something else. I don't worry about that one.

Tipys
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 12:53 PM
Ya didn't it start following you after you messed around with that hooker in az

DevilsTonic
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 12:54 PM
divorce takes forever, even when it's over, it's not over...I would imagine that it would be like getting herpes...it's the gift that keeps on giving. This is why I don't ever want to marry again.

SaShWhO
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 01:05 PM
disengage safety lever, aim, pull trigger~~~booom, your divorced.
2 seconds.
till death due you part.

636chick
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 01:07 PM

Uhmmmm :shocked:

In case you forgot YOU are a happily married man damnit don't make me tell you that again....................................... :scream1:

Oh and that UPS package that came with the Chemical sticker on the side will be disapearing very soon............................Krissy from here forth will be sleeping with one eye opened :siesta:

dallas
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 01:13 PM
Uhmmmm :shocked:

In case you forgot YOU are a happily married man damnit don't make me tell you that again....................................... :scream1:

Oh and that UPS package that came with the Chemical sticker on the side will be disapearing very soon............................Krissy from here forth will be sleeping with one eye opened :siesta:
I think the only time you need to start worrying is when he invites you to go with him to Mexico and when you ask him what to pack, he tells you nothing and to "just wear something nice......."

636chick
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 01:15 PM

Why again did you go down to Mexico?

Needless to say I'm still here.....and oh boy is Bash going to remember that when I get home tonight!!!!!

My divorce didn't take that long after we showed up in court and he cried to the judge that I abused him by super glueing his wanker to his stomach cause he was a lying cheating scum bag the judge laughed so hard and after reading my hospital reports from the beatings I took from him that I got everything and he suggested that my ex get out of the State soon. Anhhhhh good times :)

Devaclis
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 01:18 PM
Divorce is not an option when your wife has you killed :(

TFOGGuys
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 01:37 PM
I would notice a funny little red X following me around.http://www.newvideo.com/images/boxart/AAE77524-03.jpg

dallas
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 01:59 PM
That is better.

He would be easy to spot though, just listen for his theme music and the caravan of flashy SUV's and the camera crew.................

Ricky
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 02:06 PM
Depends. I was able to get divorced pretty quickly, but we also had absolutely nothing to split up because everything was mine anyway. After I signed the final paperwork, we were divorced in like 48 hours or something. But that was in Utah.

SaShWhO
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 02:10 PM
Depends. I was able to get divorced pretty quickly, but we also had absolutely nothing to split up because everything was mine anyway. After I signed the final paperwork, we were divorced in like 48 hours or something. But that was in Utah.

Utah huh,
now what about the other 7 wifes that are still hangin from your zipple?