PDA

View Full Version : Ride to Miller Motorsports for WSBK

Cars-R-Coffins
Wed Apr 1st, 2009, 11:50 PM
I'm looking to ride to Toole, UT the quick and dirty route (north to Cheyenne and then 80 west to Salt Lake) for WSBK in May. Any experiences riding that route? I only have 1 day to travel so the more scenic 2-day route is not an option. Any advice besides a throttle lock?

brennahm
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 12:38 AM
What are the dates for that?

I did 7.5 hours to the Keys one time, having a pack strapped down behind my back and a tank bag close up front accidentally supported me. I have a stock seat and I wasn't sore at all when I got there.

chad23
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 05:56 AM
we did a ride last year and rode hwy 40 out of fort collins, to steamboat to vernal utah to park city to salt lake, and with all the stops and what not it took around 9 hours. and is a hell of a lot better than 80.
i am driving there and that would be about the only way I would go down that hwy.
that would suck on a sportbike, maybe if you had a cruiser it would be tolerable.

brennahm
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 08:34 AM
Yeah, my trip admittedly was sitting up going down the turnpike. Until I hit Miami, then there was some high speed canyon carving going on (minus the canyon part). My setup was definitely not conducive to extra spirited riding.

sank
Wed Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:06 AM
Ever tried some padded bicycle shorts?

The road is straight and flat and boring. I've driven it a few times, but not on a bike. I recommend a camelbak to stay hydrated. Don't forget to get your 50 cent ice cream cone along the way... Lastly, be sure of your fuel stops since they are few and far between.

I agree with chad, take the route up through steamboat. It's a wee bit longer, but it's way more interesting.