PDA

View Full Version : Churchill wins

Shea
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 04:49 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=113042&catid=339

See you in appeals.

dirkterrell
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah, just saw that on the news. Only a $1 award though. He lives in my neighborhood.

Dirk

McVaaahhh
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 04:58 PM
I would think CU will let this one go, or are you thinking Churchill will appeal the "award"?

Can you appeal the compensation awarded by the jury?

dirkterrell
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 05:20 PM
I think he's more concerned about getting his job back.

Dirk

TFOGGuys
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 05:25 PM
I can't believe that fuckstick even had standing to sue, much less that a jury found in his favor. :banghead::banghead:

Great message to academics everywhere: If you're going to be be scrutinized for plagiarism and fabrication, be sure to loudly and publicly tread on your genitalia, so you have a fallback position.

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 05:29 PM
So a prof seriously can't be fired for plagiarism???? Any student caught doing it is automatically dismissed from the school, but the person responsible for teaching me is ok doing it? ugh!

Nick_Ninja
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 05:35 PM
Below is CU President Benson's statement regarding the verdict.

“While we respect the jury’s decision, we strongly disagree. It doesn’t change the fact that 21 of Ward Churchill’s faculty peers on three separate panels unanimously found he engaged in deliberate and repeated plagiarism, falsification and fabrication that fell below the minimum standards of professional conduct. The jury’s award is an indication of what they thought of the value of Ward Churchill’s claim. We will examine our legal options.”

Vance
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 06:13 PM
Funniest part is --- if CU decides to appeal the decision - and they word the appeal right... they can agree with the $1.00 compensation, giving him no window to try to increase his award...

I hate the fraker's total self-absorbed position and total lack of ability to actually TEACH anything valid with substantiated proof (I had to endure several lectures and classes of his so I know how bad it is to endure him) --- so I'm glad they jacked him there.

I just hope CU can either let this go and pursue other methods to fire him (official tenure review board on charges of plagerism perhaps?) so he can fade away into obscurity.

brennahm
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 07:57 PM
The guy's an attention whore, they're everywhere. Unfortunately, it's almost as much the CU's fault for granting the guy tenure. That's not easy status to attain and usually you have to be a decent prof to get it. A few sneak through and now this one's got a soapbox...awesome.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Apr 2nd, 2009, 09:12 PM
Well, after the OJ trial, I guess I ain't shocked at anything 6 idiots on a jury hand out......

That guy deserves to have his nutz ripped off, not to get his job back so he can poison the gullible......:banghead::scream1: