PDA

View Full Version : what is up with ammo shortage?

EVO8
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 12:48 PM
I've called every store in Colorado and they are pretty much out of ammo? Especially for hand guns.

Devaclis
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 12:51 PM
I blame it on Frank and Obama

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 12:52 PM
Nah...it is 100% Frank's fault! =)

MetaLord 9
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 12:53 PM
I blame it on Frank and Obama
Farank Obama? Hope & Mullet?

Shea
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 12:54 PM
Farank Obama? Hope & Mullet?

lol, that's my new campaign slogan. Vote for Shea! Hope and Mullets for everyone!

Snowman
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 12:54 PM
Better get max out your credit cards and take a third mortgage on your home to buy every bullet you can find.

Devaclis
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 12:55 PM
The last 5 times I went to Wally World to buy 9mm they were cleaned out.

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 12:57 PM
The last time I went through The Sportsmans Warehouse on Wads, seems to me they still had a decent amt of 9mm still in stock. Of course, this hasn't been super recently - so that may well have changed.

SamuraiX
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 12:58 PM
The Black Knight has finally bought them all? Surely Pro Bass has some.

dallas
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 12:59 PM
It seems Wally World still gets shippments in, but you pretty much have to be there when they get it. I don't think they even bother to stock the shelves at the one by my house because they are pretty much sold as soon as they bring them out.

Oh yeah, don't even bother looking for re-loading stuff either.........

Sully
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 12:59 PM
The last 10+x I went to Hell-Mart, I looked for ammo and their shelves were bare and dusty... seriously, what Hell-Mart has a bare shelf ?.. they would sell Dana if they could strap him down.. but he's a feisty mofo !

Shea
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:01 PM
Think everyone is scared shitless that our gov'ment is going to raise taxes on ammo like they just did with tobacco.

+163% on cigarettes
+2259% on raw tobacco
+2753% on cigars

Weeeeee. All to pay for the children under SCHIP...you know those kids that are 30 years old.

Snowman
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:05 PM
Maybe you guys should be camping out in front of the store for when the new shipments arrive you can be first in line.

Sully
Legalize marijuana and prostitution, then they can tax that and make big $$$$..

Kim-n-Dean
Damn! I guess we're not going target shooting any time soon!

We're pretty stocked on rifle ammo. I bought a bunch from AR-15.com a year or so ago. Everyone on there was dumping it for some reason.

Shea
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:06 PM

Totally.

dallas
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:07 PM
That is just wrong right there, then how would anyone in my family make any money without getting taxed to death?

ZX9Rider
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:07 PM
Think everyone is scared shitless that our gov'ment is going to raise taxes on ammo like they just did with tobacco.

+163% on cigarettes
+2259% on raw tobacco
+2753% on cigars

Weeeeee. All to pay for the children under SCHIP...you know those kids that are 30 years old.
Sounds about right. How come there isn't an uproar over those?

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:10 PM
Is it legal to purchase ammo online here in CO? I'm not seeing anything stand out on the sites, but they all do say to check with local regulations....

Shea
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:10 PM
Sounds about right. How come there isn't an uproar over those?

Smoking is bad. Big tabacco is evil. Paying for the health care of 30 year old "children" is good. Government is good. Obama cares.

About covers it...

Shea
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:11 PM
Is it legal to purchase ammo online here in CO? I'm not seeing anything stand out on the sites, but they all do say to check with local regulations....

Yup.

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:12 PM
Yup.
Good deal - thanks! There actually seem to be a few sites that still actually have handgun ammo in stock.

Sully
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:13 PM
That is just wrong right there, then how would anyone in my family make any money without getting taxed to death?

Oh Please... we all know that YOU give your booty out for freeeeeeeee .... You can, however, continue to sell the weed :siesta:

Shea
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:16 PM
Good deal - thanks! There actually seem to be a few sites that still actually have handgun ammo in stock.

Yeah you just have to check regularly. Ammoman, Ammunition to go, all on occasion get stuff in and you just have to pounce on it.

Snowman
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:26 PM
Start selling everything to buy that ammo… Your car, furniture, the neighbors cat pawn it all!!!

dallas
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
Oh Please... we all know that YOU give your booty out for freeeeeeeee .... You can, however, continue to sell the weed :siesta:
The booty is incentive to buy the weed..........

Shea
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
Start selling everything to buy that ammo… Your car, furniture, the neighbors cat pawn it all!!!

I've taken out second and third mortgages on my house and looking for a buyer for my GSXR. Anyone want a good kidney?

Sully
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:31 PM
The booty is incentive to buy the weed..........

I've seen the booty... maybe touched it on accident like once or twice... it made me want to buy weed... and I don't even smoke it.. :siesta:... :shocked:

Snowman
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:33 PM
I've taken out second and third mortgages on my house and looking for a buyer for my GSXR. Anyone want a good kidney?That’s the spirit…

Don’t forget get what ya’ll have put away in your mattress and buried in those mason jars along that back fence now… :)

Sully
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:34 PM
I think I left my mason jar at your house Randall... :)

MAZIN
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:34 PM
Thats how I quit smokin weed, I stoped touchin booty and the craving went away.

Vance
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:37 PM
While the topic of the numerous booty's I'd like to touch, spank, and do other actions to depending on who's booty it may be is an interesting topic to weigh in on...

And due to the fact that I've got NO experience on the weed front to add to other than it should be legalized and taxed: ALWAYS BUY COLORADO! :) (yes - it was part of my campaign in 2002)...

Denver Ammunition and Bullet still has access to / stocks handgun ammo at what is fairly reasonable costs. I picked up 500rnds of 9mm there just a month ago to go shooting...

Saved 300 of it so I can go again some other time.

Check them out - see what they have to say!

dallas
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:38 PM
Ass and Grass for a little Cash.......

That is my company slogan. The welding gig is just my legit front to my evil empire.

Next time I see you near my booty Sully I am charging you just because I know you want it!!!!!!!!

Shea
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:38 PM
That’s the spirit…

Don’t forget get what ya’ll have put away in your mattress and buried in those mason jars along that back fence now… :)

How do you know about mah mason jars?! You're working for the man ain't ya! Hey Darlene, git mah scattergun!

Sully
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:39 PM
Where are they located Vance ? I meant Denver Ammo... NOT the booty you'd like to touch, spank and do other actions to :hump:... LOL

Snowman
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:39 PM
I think I left my mason jar at your house Randall... :)It was all that good shine wesa makn outback of the trailer that made you foget…

Sully
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:41 PM
oh jes... did you find my teefus back der too ?

Snowman
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:42 PM
How do you know about mah mason jars?! You're working for the man ain't ya! Hey Darlene, git mah scattergun!
Na ha. I ain’t no revenuera.
But I knows you has more learnings than to put yours monies in that ol chev under those weeds… :)

dallas
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:44 PM
Where are they located Vance ? I meant Denver Ammo... NOT the booty you'd like to touch, spank and do other actions to :hump:... LOL
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ei=B2bWSd-pOpbutQOMrPSiCg&ie=UTF-8&q=denver+ammunition+and+bullet&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=8056504212847331402&li=lmd&z=14&t=m

I used the Google to find them.

Snowman
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:45 PM
oh jes... did you find my teefus back der too ?Sur enough… But we had to throw those ol tires on top of the single wide to keep the wind noise down.

Sully
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:45 PM
Fabulous... thanks.... It's so easy to get you to do what I want without asking... now please, stop touching my booty Dallas !! Or I will have to start charging you, AGAIN! :eyebrows: And no, I won't take weed as a trade !

dallas
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:50 PM
The booty is too tempting, I can't make any promises...........

TFOGGuys
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:56 PM

Like anyone in your family would pay taxes.......

Legal until some moron thinks we need another law to close the "loophole" :banghead:

I'm totally down with selling the neighbor's cat...maybe not for ammo money, but maybe as a trade in at the local Chinese restaurant....

Snowman
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:58 PM
I'm totally down with selling the neighbor's cat...maybe not for ammo money, but maybe as a trade in at the local Chinese restaurant....Kung Po Meow…

rforsythe
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:59 PM
The problem with selling your neighbor's cat to buy ammo is that you may need to shoot the neighbor first, which presents something of a catch 22 (or maybe a catch .40, depending on your flavor).

dallas
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:01 PM
Like anyone in your family would pay taxes.......
My family is full of upstanding citizens, why even my mamma makes license plates for the state and the whole trailer park is throwing her a big 'Welcome Home' picnic at the end of the month (pending her good behavior).

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:01 PM
The problem with selling your neighbor's cat to buy ammo is that you may need to shoot the neighbor first, which presents something of a catch 22 (or maybe a catch .40, depending on your flavor).
Who in the world invited logic to this conversation??? =)

Snowman
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:03 PM
The problem with selling your neighbor's cat to buy ammo is that you may need to shoot the neighbor first, which presents something of a catch 22 (or maybe a catch .40, depending on your flavor).Just say the cat was infringing on your second amendment rights not allow you to purchase said ammo and declare it as a enemy combatant, then you can do whatever you want to it.

Sully
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:03 PM
does said cat have a thumb ?

Shea
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:08 PM
Just say the cat was infringing on your second amendment rights not allow you to purchase said ammo and declare it as a enemy combatant, then you can do whatever you want to it.

Yeah, but then you have to send it to Gitmo, get it a lawyer, provide it with three meals a day and a prayer rug. Not to mention all the damn paperwork involved.

puckstr
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
Mail order it.
http://www.gunbroker.com (http://www.gunbroker.com/)

The Black Knight
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:16 PM
Mail order it.
http://www.gunbroker.com (http://www.gunbroker.com/)

You don't have to pay Haz-Mat fees on ammo do you?? I've never checked up on it, I know shipping and handling can get run up depending on the amount you buy(ammo tends to weight alot in bulk).

Shea
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:18 PM
You don't have to pay Haz-Mat fees on ammo do you?? I've never checked up on it, I know shipping and handling can get run up depending on the amount you buy(ammo tends to weight alot in bulk).

No, no hazmat fees (that I know of).

Snowman
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:18 PM
Never said it would be easy.

The Black Knight
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:21 PM
No, no hazmat fees (that I know of).
That's kind of what I thought, it ain't bad then. All you're out is shipping and handling. See this is the part that always gets me. You can buy fully loaded ammo(with no Haz-mat fee) but separate powder or primers you automatically get a $22.50 fee + shipping and handling. I know they probably look at it that powder and primers are more volatile but for the most part, primers would just make a loud noise if they all went off. Powder on the other hand I can see, though without the shell/case or primers, powder can be very slow burning.

puckstr
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:23 PM

Shea is correct, no hazmat fee. I just ordered 500 rnds of 7.62x39 it was delivered to my door via UPS.

So easy.

Vance
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:43 PM
We need to find someone in the CSC would like to make a few extra bucks and be the "Official CSC Reloader" - given the number of us that go shooting... with a small profit margin on the reloading for time and labor... could be a nice little side venture for someone that has the time and equipment.

Just a thought.
(That'll be 5% off the top for the "marketing" services) :)

dallas
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:46 PM
That is a nice thought Vance, but all my reloading efforts barely keep up with my personal shooting.

The Black Knight
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 02:51 PM
We need to find someone in the CSC would like to make a few extra bucks and be the "Official CSC Reloader" - given the number of us that go shooting... with a small profit margin on the reloading for time and labor... could be a nice little side venture for someone that has the time and equipment.

Just a thought.
(That'll be 5% off the top for the "marketing" services) :)
Only downside to that Vance is the liability involved. Say I reload some ammo for you and then one happens to blow up and damage your gun or yourself(shells tends to break down over time, i.e. shell/case begins to wear down especially .223 after so many reloads, you can get cracks in the neck after so many reloads). Not saying that a round I would reload would have a hiccup but you do run into the that when it comes to reloading(happens even with store bought ammo as well).

If someone did do it, I'd recommend that they get a waiver/release form set up. Also it would be better for someone to load stuff to factory settings(none of the special type stuff that the regular reloader does for his own weapons). That's why most reloading books won't include +P charge levels, because of the liability that could come upon their reloading book. Even my Speer and Nosler books have disclaimers in them for just factory settings.

Also someone would have to have a badass progressive press kit. In order to churn out the rounds. I'm lucky if I can manage a couple hundred in one night with my single stage. Rifle takes me longer because I want the charges almost identical. On a single stage pistol takes longer because of the 3 Die set up. First you have to size it, prime and charge it, then bullet seat and crimp.

It would be a hell of a side business but you've got to trust the person reloading and they have to be on the ball and take the time it needs in order to produce reliable and safe ammo. Only real way around alot of the liability is for the shooter(yourself for example) to buy the powder, primers, shells bullets(and a specified charge amount) and then all the reloader would be out is just the time in producing them.

Warren
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 07:32 PM
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. I bought 500 rounds the other day for very little money (less than 200) and I could have bought at least 400 more had I wanted to. My little stash of ammo grows by the day!

The Black Knight
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:49 PM
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. I bought 500 rounds the other day for very little money (less than 200) and I could have bought at least 400 more had I wanted to. My little stash of ammo grows by the day!
500 rounds of what?? $200 won't get you anything when it comes to .223 anymore. Which sucks cause I was grabbing the 750ct boxes like crazy when they were just under $200.

Specialty Sports had some 9mm in bulk(1000 and 1500) for around $300 to $400, but that's been a few months back now. What I really used to like were the MagTech 250ct bricks you could pick up for cheap. Those are hard to come by now.

What the manufactures need to do is hire more people and get their thumbs out of their butts and are churning out more ammo and components. It's getting real irritating not being able to find the simplest stuff now. And you know the manufactures could do it too, they are making some serious bank out of this right now.

I know there are reported Lead, Brass and Copper shortages(should read: price hikes) but they aren't that short.

Warren
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:01 PM
500 rounds of what?? $200 won't get you anything when it comes to .223 anymore. Which sucks cause I was grabbing the 750ct boxes like crazy when they were just under $200.

Specialty Sports had some 9mm in bulk(1000 and 1500) for around $300 to $400, but that's been a few months back now. What I really used to like were the MagTech 250ct bricks you could pick up for cheap. Those are hard to come by now.

What the manufactures need to do is hire more people and get their thumbs out of their butts and are churning out more ammo and components. It's getting real irritating not being able to find the simplest stuff now. And you know the manufactures could do it too, they are making some serious bank out of this right now.

I know there are reported Lead, Brass and Copper shortages(should read: price hikes) but they aren't that short.

.40 I was going to buy a 9mm but now I am thinking it might be a bad call. I always find the .40 ammo but don't see 9mm as often

The Black Knight
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:21 PM
.40 I was going to buy a 9mm but now I am thinking it might be a bad call. I always find the .40 ammo but don't see 9mm as often
Yeah, .40 seems to be one of the calibers that you can still find. Though I've been noticing .40 starting to dwindle as well. 9mm and .45 auto, might as well hang that one up. Only ways you find that stuff is usually right when a store gets it in. Last I checked though, prices on .40 weren't cheap even at Wal-mart. A box of 100 will still run you close to $30. I remember picking that stuff up in the lower $20's range back when I had my Sigma .40 cal.

Warren
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
You can buy a 50 box of the blazer brass for around 13 and 250 packs of umc for 67. I find both of those options quite often. I also like the magtech stuff which you can find for 17 a box

ZX9Rider
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Smoking is bad. Big tabacco is evil. Paying for the health care of 30 year old "children" is good. Government is good. Obama cares.

About covers it...

If that was true they should find a way to go after big tobacco without punishing the consumer.

Panman06
Sun Apr 5th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Most likely the current administration's stance on firearms. It's true that they do support the second amendment; however, they will tax and drive up the cost of ownership.

I'm loving it in a way. In the past, I've always picked up a brick of 9mm, .40, and .45 here and there when I went shopping. Now that there's a huge shortage...:)

You can never have enough ammo.

The Black Knight
Sun Apr 5th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Most likely the current administration's stance on firearms. It's true that they do support the second amendment; however, they will tax and drive up the cost of ownership.

I'm loving it in a way. In the past, I've always picked up a brick of 9mm, .40, and .45 here and there when I went shopping. Now that there's a huge shortage...:)

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the Administrations support of the Second Amendment. If that were really true, then they wouldn't be in support of measures to backdoor the Second via Ammo Accountability Act, new AWB, and heavily taxing ammo and gun sales. That's wolf in sheeps clothing as far as I'm concerned. The whole, "well we respect your right to own a firearm but that doesn't mean we won't tax the hell out of or try and make ammo availability almost non-existant.

Also you must be the only guy loving this whole mess of unavailability of everything, other than Gun Store owners(whom are setting record sales)

thatmofo
Sun Apr 5th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I was told by a sporting goods store employee that the reason for their ammo shortage has something to do with banks tightening their lending so now the stores can't afford to buy extra ammo that just sits on their shelves.

I picked up 500 rounds of 9mm ammo ($140) last week. I came in the night before their truck and covinced the employee to hold a case for me.

ZX9Rider
Sun Apr 5th, 2009, 02:46 PM

Not me. I used to pick up ammo here and there and I would usually shoot it all on a weekend camping trip or make a big dent in the supply after a trip to the range. I am not enjoying the shortage that is caused by the current administrations being there along with their past efforts to undermine the second amendment. Their lip service about the support for the second amendment doesn't sway me one bit and I don't think that I am alone.

Sortarican
Sun Apr 5th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Fuck the government and their taxes!
I'm plowing the back yard, planting tobacco, getting a progressive press to reload in mass,
and buying a mill/lathe to make my own firearms....

oh shit......I've become Shea.:cry:

I'm pissed I can't find any damn bulk bullets for reloading.
Eveyone is so paranoid that Obama is going to ban the bullet that they're stockpiling ammo and clearing the shelves of firearms, especially semi-auto pistols.

Vehicle 1
Sun Apr 5th, 2009, 03:57 PM
I know the chances of finding something are slim, but if one of you internet geniuses finds somewhere to buy FMJs or target shooting rounds for a 380 AUTO and/or 9mm in quantity (I already have some HP's, but would get some more if it's a good deal), would you please lead me to it?:)
(preferably made in USA)

ya never know...

spdr8cr02
Sun Apr 5th, 2009, 04:16 PM
went to the wal mart near the gun show today and he said that the gun show peeps were buying all of their ammo and selling it for double the price... he said that $12 for a box of 9mm went up to $30 at the guns show...

XJ600s
Sun Apr 5th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Alright, well I've followed this thread since the beginning and have yet to see this posted.

Has anyone tried Cabelas? Browsing their website, it seems as though they have a lot of ammo, in bulk prices (seems expensive to me, but I don't have a gun yet...) and as far as I can tell, its in stock.

There is even a Cabelas in the Denver area that might carry ammo in stock. Just a thought as it seems to be a huge hunting store.

ZX9Rider
Sun Apr 5th, 2009, 04:23 PM
I'm plowing the back yard, planting tobacco, getting a progressive press to reload in mass,

Eveyone is so paranoid that Obama is going to ban the bullet that they're stockpiling ammo and clearing the shelves of firearms, especially semi-auto pistols.
Self loading rifles too.

Where are you going to get the bullets from? You could cast your own bullets, but they are attacking lead too. They may ban that by back door shananigans. Your going to be shooting cork if they get their way. IMHO.

The Black Knight
Sun Apr 5th, 2009, 04:23 PM

You smoke or use chewing tobacco?? As far as I know chew hasn't gone up just smokes.

Yeah a Progressive Press or Turret are the way to go. I spent probably 3 hours last night and only managed 50 complete rounds of .45 auto. Though I decapped, cleaned and expanded 200rds. By the time I got my powder measure set and started charging them, it was getting late(so I loaded a quick 50 just to get my Die set for tonight. But another hour or so and I could have had all of them done.

As far as bullets in bulk, you should have come down to the RK Gun show here in the Springs yesterday and today:http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30592

I snagged some powder and bullets in 9mm for a pretty good deal. Though like I said in that other thread, Primers were out of the question. Guys were charging through the nose on Primers. Plenty of Win 231 to go around, saw many 8lb jugs of 231 and I bought the last of the 1lbs. Only problem is, some of the vendors were selling that stuff for $150 to $160 for 8lbs and that's unacceptable. Way to high, I know of another place that I can get it for close to $100.

Well I can't say as one should be surprised that Obama has had these affects on the Guns and Ammo market. I mean, you pretty much knew that on Nov. 5th everyone and their brother would be buying anything with a high-cap magazine and ammo to boot.

I had enough forsight to start doing it well before he got elected(I guess I was banking of the side of caution that he did get elected), so I stockpiled way in advance. But really can you blame folks for buying it all up?? The Ammo Accountability Act has some steam behind it, the H.R 45 registration bill is/was(last I checked) still alive and you know with all of the mass shootings we've had in the last month that a new Assault Weapons Ban will be coming down the pike before long.

It's just a reactionary effect caused by a very(what the public perceives as) Liberal Administration when it comes to guns. I mean seriously man, you can't deny the fact that guns aren't in their crosshairs. Look who his cabinet is made up of and people that are around Obama. You've got Holder, Clinton, Emmanuel, Biden, Pelosi and etc. All with very extremely BAD voting records or stances towards Gun Rights. So by that account gun owners and newbie gun owners are going to jump at any chance to get while the gettin's good. Because we(Americans) don't know what will happen if these folks in charge decided to get a wild hair and get drastic with Gun Control.

I know the chances of finding something are slim, but if one of you internet geniuses finds somewhere to buy FMJs or target shooting rounds for a 380 AUTO and/or 9mm in quantity (I already have some HP's, but would get some more if it's a good deal), would you please lead me to it?:)
(preferably made in USA)

ya never know...
Man there was tons of stuff at the Gun Show here in the Springs. Plenty of .40 and 9mm ammo. Didn't see a whole lot of .380 stuff though. Mainly your three biggest(popular) calibers of 9mm, .40 and .45 auto were in abundance. Lots of .223 and 7.62 ammo as well, though some vendors were out of their minds with the prices on 7.62. One guy wanted $400+ for only 1000rds of 7.62(and it was the Wolf polymer case stuff, not even Brass). .223 was about the only thing I did see as normally priced. We're having another one down here in May, check it out. I know I'm hitting up every show that comes to town this year(mainly for reloading stuff).

Vehicle 1
Sun Apr 5th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Man there was tons of stuff at the Gun Show here in the Springs. Plenty of .40 and 9mm ammo. Didn't see a whole lot of .380 stuff though.

yeah... I'm doing pretty good on 9mm, but the 380 Auto FMJ in a brand that I actually know is hard to find... I should try to make it to some gun show for sure and check it out, never been to one.

The Black Knight
Sun Apr 5th, 2009, 04:48 PM
went to the wal mart near the gun show today and he said that the gun show peeps were buying all of their ammo and selling it for double the price... he said that $12 for a box of 9mm went up to $30 at the guns show...
That's the thing about Gun Show's, you have to walk around them for a couple of hours and hit up the same tables at least 3 or 4 times in order to find the best deals. I hear you on the mark up on ammo. Alot of the guys there had their stuff overpriced, a few were either just a bit above or at store bought prices.

Alright, well I've followed this thread since the beginning and have yet to see this posted.

Has anyone tried Cabelas? Browsing their website, it seems as though they have a lot of ammo, in bulk prices (seems expensive to me, but I don't have a gun yet...) and as far as I can tell, its in stock.

There is even a Cabelas in the Denver area that might carry ammo in stock. Just a thought as it seems to be a huge hunting store.
There's a Cabelas in Denver?? Thought the plan for that go scraped? I haven't been on their website in awhile, they piss me off with how it's un-user friendly. You have to type in the search to find everything, they don't have it categorized like Midway(which drives me up a wall, I only go to them if I have too).

Self loading rifles too.

Where are you going to get the bullets from? You could cast your own bullets, but they are attacking lead too. They may ban that by back door shananigans. Your going to be shooting cork if they get their way. IMHO.
Some guy at the show yesterday was selling straight up bars of lead. Pretty interesting and heavy. I watched one guy buy all that were on the table. He had to take them out to his vehicle right then.

yeah... I'm doing pretty good on 9mm, but the 380 Auto FMJ in a brand that I actually know is hard to find... I should try to make it to some gun show for sure and check it out, never been to one.
Yeah I'd at least hit up a show or two. Mainly just to see what they've got and you can find the deals if you look. From what I've been finding out is that .380 is real popular overseas and alot of other places are grabbing the .380 surplus stuff. So it's not as abundant here and sort of not as popular either.

Only .380 stuff I saw yesterday(that there were more then just a couple boxes of) was regular Winchester WB stuff. Other then that, it's scarce.

XJ600s
Sun Apr 5th, 2009, 04:56 PM
oh wait, nevermind...I was thinking of Bass Pro.

And a simple check, after adding ammo to the shopping cart on cabelas.com it seems as though there is a 1-2, sometimes 2-3 week delay in shipping. .380 ammo is 1-2 week, and they have a few brands (not sure what good brands are, but worth checking out IMO, even if you have to wait a week or two to get).

Shea
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 08:48 AM

You wish you were as cool (and paranoid) as me!... :)

With the complete and utter lie about violence in Mexico (90% of guns come from US, complete fabrication) and the recent shootings, it's only a matter of time before something is rammed through Congress. I was watching ABC for some reason last night and it was all "it only happened because of easy access to assault weapons". Priming the pump.

Oh and BK: Taxes on all tomacco products are getting raised to pay for 30 year old children's health care. Chewing tomacco, +258%.

http://www.ttb.gov/main_pages/schip-summary.shtml

ZX9Rider
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 09:19 AM
You wish you were as cool (and paranoid) as me!... :)

With the complete and utter lie about violence in Mexico (90% of guns come from US, complete fabrication) and the recent shootings, it's only a matter of time before something is rammed through Congress. I was watching ABC for some reason last night and it was all "it only happened because of easy access to assault weapons". Priming the pump.

Oh and BK: Taxes on all tomacco products are getting raised to pay for 30 year old children's health care. Chewing tomacco, +258%.

I feel dirty. And not the good kind of dirty either. With the media refining the lie making machine and cigarettes already being targeted to be criminalized. The bright side is that the economy is fixed and they can work on the pet peave projects they have been hoping to get to... right?

Snowman
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Some guy at the show yesterday was selling straight up bars of lead. Pretty interesting and heavy. I watched one guy buy all that were on the table. He had to take them out to his vehicle right then.I got 30lbs of lead I use to use as ballast on my kart. I’ll sell them to you for… Hmm, anyone know how much gold is going for?

Shea
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 09:24 AM
I got 30lbs of lead I use to use as ballast on my kart. I’ll sell them to you for… Hmm, anyone know how much gold is going for?

$871.50 / oz

Snowman
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 09:27 AM
$871.50 / ozSweet, thats an easy $313,739.94.

Shea
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Sweet, thats an easy $313,739.94.

$381272.53

14.583 oz / pound

Either way you'll make a killing. Rip out all your copper wiring in your house and you can make even moar!!!

Snowman
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 09:38 AM
$381272.53

14.583 oz / pound

Either way you'll make a killing. Rip out all your copper wiring in your house and you can make even moar!!!
See a bargain!!!
Get it now!!!
Because we can’t do this all day!!!
You’re going to love my nuts!!!

What else does that dude say?

Shea
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 09:43 AM
See a bargain!!!
Get it now!!!

You'll love beating up hookers? :)

rybo
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 09:53 AM
See a bargain!!!
Get it now!!!

You'll say "wow" every time!

wow

Panman06
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Cabela's is allowing customers to place backorders. I have another 500rnds of .40 Win USA coming next week.

People thought I was dumb for buying ammo and sealing them in a food saver. I just new this day would eventually come. I learned my lesson with the hi-cap magazine ban a few years back.

Now the SS109 I have are like gold. While I do feel for those that are having a hard time getting ammo; I'm enjoying the laws of supply and demand.

The Black Knight
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 04:02 PM

Hmmm, guess I hadn't seen it at the gas stations yet. Mainly just noticed cigs have gone up. Chew was still the same. Oh well, it will go up soon enough just like everything else that's getting taxed.

Ol'Skool
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 08:11 PM
There are NRA members and gun club members that believe the Obama administration will pass tougher gun laws making it more difficult to buy weapons and certain calibre ammo. Certain groups are stockpiling. Its also more difficult for the military to sell ammo to the private sector. dont know if the laws will pass but people are taking the Y2K route and stock piling, waiting to see what happens.

Filo
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Wow, what a paranoid thread. You guys are all "problem" and no "solution". Are you really worried about ammo? Then this is what you do. Find a point man (The Dark Knight would be a good one, IMO - he is driven and seems to be honest). Get him to get a license for dealing in munitions. Give him a bunch of money and do a bulk buy. I mean really bulk, like you are going to arm a 3rd world country. Take what you need for now and turn around and gouge the guy on the street on the resale. These prices are not going to last forever. You get your ammo. And if the markup is good enough on the resale you get your ammo free. This is not a problem - it is an opportunity.

On the tobacco - you're screwed. Sorry.

R6biker122
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Yeah, i hear ya. I went shooting the other day. Needed .45ACP every store was out including 3 walmarts and silver bullet gun range. It's pretty ridciulous.

rforsythe
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Firing Line had cases stacked against the wall. You don't want to know what they were charging for it...

The Black Knight
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 07:27 PM
boy if this ain't the truth... :yes::yes: