PDA

View Full Version : mileage contest...

daemon
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 05:56 PM
anyone intersted in trying a contest to see who actually puts on miles for the season.

to make it fair it will run from april 15th through to october 15th.
there will be a secret word posted by me on the day of the beginning of the contest to insure that everyone is as honest as they can be.

i have partcipated on other forums where this is just a fun play on what we do as motorcycle rider's.
no need to be overly competitive.

what say any or all!!!

leadbedr
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 06:04 PM
Im down, I have a 1000 mile round trip coming up!!

daemon
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 06:06 PM
that would be a good start.
last year i came in just under 10k

Bashed
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 06:07 PM
So your saying the 3400 miles I've aleady done don't count?
That's ok I'll still be in the top 5.
And just so you know, we ride sportbikes, and you said contest,
of course we will be competitive, duh.

Bash

Tipys
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 06:07 PM
I was planning on putting about 18k on this year

Sean
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 06:10 PM
I don't know, there are some heavy riders on this board. I think dmgsxr and Nick_Ninja have like 80,000+ miles. Didn't Carl just ride to Alaska or some crazy shit? I don't think I could hang. But it would be fun to see who the winner is. Is there a prize/trophy/t-shirt?

longrider
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 06:16 PM
I'm in, but it sounds like there may be some tough competition. If you have two bikes can you add them up? (assuming no one else rides the bike)

Nick_Ninja
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 06:24 PM
I'll play :D

Matty
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 06:42 PM
i'll play as well.....

mtnairlover
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 06:44 PM
It would be interesting for me, since I don't have summers off anymore, to see what kind of miles I get despite being tied to a cube 5 days a week. I think I'll join, just to see if I can put my own doubts to rest.

slayermd
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 07:02 PM
I'm in!

thatmofo
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 07:04 PM
I guess I will be in but I'm not intentionally going to put miles on my bike just for this. I haven't had my bike for a year yet and I'm barely under 13,000 miles so far.

64BonnieLass
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 07:37 PM
So your saying the 3400 miles I've aleady done don't count?
That's ok I'll still be in the top 5.
And just so you know, we ride sportbikes, and you said contest,
of course we will be competitive, duh.

Bash

:lol: And there it is!!!! Betcha still kick some booty this year though sunshine.

I can't play, but it's a great idea Mayo. I think a lot of people do some serious miles in this club.

Tipys
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 07:46 PM
^^Terri you can play I am sure you ride more then others here

dm_gsxr
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:02 PM
I'm at 86,500 or so miles on the Hayabusa right now. It's in the shop up at Epic getting fresh seals and the valve shims adjusted. Add in the Power Commander III and Yosh pipes and it's ready for another 90,000 miles. The mechanic said the hardware was in excellent condition for almost 90,000 miles. Even the cam chain looked great (no kinking at all). Once I get it back, I'm rebuilding the master cylinder. The boot under the lever finally disintegrated leaking brake fluid down the left side of the bike :(

So we can add in my 10,000 mile trip in August, up to North Dakota, Canada, down to Indianapolis for GenCon (gaming convention), then to Virginia to visit my brother and daughter, running down to Key West for a Rt 95 Mile Marker 1 sticker, and then over to San Diego to visit my other brother.

And yep, up to Alaska last year (8,500 or so miles) and Labrador a couple of years before (10,000 miles). Won the Hayabusa.org most mileage that year :)

We'll have to wait until Kevin gets back (Epic) before I can get the actual miles though. Next week some time.

Carl

dm_gsxr
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:06 PM
http://www.schelin.org/jpgshow.php?IMG_0172.jpg
Entering Alaska

http://schelin.org/20060610/day18/dscn7229x600.jpg
In Labrador

Carl

daemon
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:14 PM
I don't know, there are some heavy riders on this board. I think dmgsxr and Nick_Ninja have like 80,000+ miles. Didn't Carl just ride to Alaska or some crazy shit? I don't think I could hang. But it would be fun to see who the winner is. Is there a prize/trophy/t-shirt?
yeah,
there are some heavy rider's in this club!!
and i doubt i will make the top 5 here,but it is all in fun.
i think so far there is enough interest in this that i wIll go with it.

I'm in, but it sounds like there may be some tough competition. If you have two bikes can you add them up? (assuming no one else rides the bike)
if you have more than one bike,then you can post up the mileage of both bikes.
if you have a track only bike you can calculate the amount of miles you put on that bike during the track day's.
EX. 2.5 mile track.
13 laps = 32.5 miles for that day.

so far as a prize.
let's keep it easy on the budget.
i will donate 40$ in the name of the winner to this great forum.
i know that many have already donated,but this is a great forum that does it's best to keep us all intertwined.

what say you all.

DO YOU WANNA PLAY?????

Tipys
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:28 PM
I thought we were playing already.

64BonnieLass
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:29 PM
^^Terri you can play I am sure you ride more then others here

Fine, I will play. But I want to know what the prize is for last place. (teasing - K, not really teasing)

Tipys
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:33 PM
Pictures of your odometer of course

dm_gsxr
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:34 PM
The way we did it was take a picture of the odometer(s) with a sign with today's date and your handle. Then at the end, you'd do the same thing.

Carl

64BonnieLass
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:35 PM
I would say, post a new thread after everyone posts ideas in this thread, with the hard and fast rules of the game.

Then, take a pic of the odometer on that date and the last date. However, with track bikes there is no proof of miles in many cases. So that one is a tuffy with cheaters. Hmmm....

64BonnieLass
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:36 PM
Double ninja'd :) Ninja sandwich.

Bashed
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:38 PM
Unfortunatly there are to many ways to cheat.
I would have to say, begudgingly sp , the honor
system.
We are all adults here, lol, maybe sticky a thread on a
certain date and post your milage for your bike/bikes
on that date. Come back a year later and repost.
Just my thoughts.....

Bash

Tipys
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:39 PM
I was the first ninja. oh ya

BigE
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:50 PM
Sounds like fun but I'll be vying for last place I'm guessin'....Last year I only got in about 2k miles. But it was in like four rides :D

64BonnieLass
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:13 PM
Yes Bash, but how do we stop the track time cheaters? Tire wear? :321: Hahaha.

I also think the PLAYA'S should each pony up some cash as an offering to the pot. This will of course encourage cheating, but I think there should be something offered. Not just Mayo.

Maybe others have some ideas.

dm_gsxr
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:19 PM
I'll pitch in $5 per bike (that's three bikes). I'll get pics of the SV and Transalp tomorrow and the 'busa when it's available again.

Carl

64BonnieLass
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:25 PM
I will give Whateva we determine per bike as the same. I think it's fair Carl.

So should we have "this many" players who want to contribute or just "open season"? What are your ideas Mayo?

Cause either is fun and works for us.

Oh and can we count the laps I do in my dreams? Cause I work mah ass off in my sleep. It should count...seriously. :)

Nick_Ninja
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:37 PM
I ride -- Therefore I am.

64BonnieLass
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:40 PM
Good. So then pony up hottie. What's $5 bucks to you. One less Elephant?

Nick_Ninja
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:42 PM
The only ponies that I deal with are in the ZZR :D

Sean
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:45 PM
He's just some random ideas. Don't want to step on Mayo's toes, I was just thinkin about it.
- $5/10 entry fee (10 for 1 bike, $5 for each additional?)
- 3 classes (0-600cc, 601-1000cc and 1001+)
- photos of speedo on 4/15 and on 10/15.
- monthly thread updates documenting milage.
- any month with excessive miles (a trip to alaska/mexico etc) would need to be informally documented.
- fees collected could go towards grand prize and/or monthly prize for mileage per month. Grand prize could be gift card/shirt/something
- monthly prize could even be little like recognition in your csc status and a $10-15 gift card somewhere.
- the rest would be based on the honor system

Again, just ideas.

64BonnieLass
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:46 PM
So just write ZZR on your muuunnyyy. It's still good with us. Really. :yes:

Nick_Ninja
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:49 PM
So I'll take my Black & Decker and hook it up to the speedo cable ------- you do the math :D

64BonnieLass
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:50 PM
Good ideas Sean.

64BonnieLass
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:51 PM
So I'll take my Black & Decker and hook it up to the speedo cable ------- you do the math :D

OMG, you have one too? NO COMMENT!

dm_gsxr
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:53 PM
Jesus. Holler when you're done with the rules. I'll be out riding :)

Carl

Nick_Ninja
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:53 PM
OMG, you have one too? NO COMMENT!

Yeah but my version of 'cheating' doesn't involve sex toys :D

Sean
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:07 PM
Good ideas Sean. But fix "track time"??

if you have a track only bike you can calculate the amount of miles you put on that bike during the track day's.
EX. 2.5 mile track. 13 laps = 32.5 miles for that day.
I think Mayo had a good plan. I would agree with him to include this.

So I'll take my Black & Decker and hook it up to the speedo cable ------- you do the math :DWe all know your a cheater. You're just confirming it for us.

Jesus. Holler when you're done with the rules. I'll be out riding :) You'll get your chance to win, just relax. I suggested the multiple categories b/c of you and N_N

Nick_Ninja
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:10 PM
<snip>
We all know your a cheater. You're just confirming it for us.

You'll get your chance to win, just relax. I suggested the multiple categories b/c of you and N_N

Yeah. All 250,000 miles on seven bikes over thirty-five years was nothing more than an elaborate Ponzi scheme :roll:

64BonnieLass
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:15 PM

Happy campers make the best riders. It's all about riding your own ride...and NOT CHEATING...

FZRguy
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:16 PM
The laps I pound out at the MX track should count triple. :D

Nick_Ninja
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:16 PM
Happy campers make the best riders. It's all about riding your own ride...and NOT CHEATING...

Reference:

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=432126&postcount=41

Sean
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah. All 250,000 miles on seven bikes over thirty-five years was nothing more than an elaborate Ponzi scheme :roll:That's why I was giving you and Carl credit. You two are aiding in throwing off the mileage curve. I was just trying to give someone else a chance to win in a different category. So take it as a compliment...you big dummy-head!

Nick_Ninja
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:23 PM
That's why I was giving you and Carl credit. You two are aiding in throwing off the mileage curve. I was just trying to give someone else a chance to win in a different category. So take it as a compliment...you big dummy-head!

Don't grade on the curve Music Man. :scream1:

YZFRydn
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:44 PM
Not sure why you're very worried about track bikes and catching their mileage. I don't think there are people on this forum that are at the track close to 10,000 miles a year. That would be a shit load of track riding.

That and if anything seems fishy with the winner I would say automatically he/she is out.

asp_125
Fri Apr 3rd, 2009, 11:05 PM
The one time I'm glad I have a long commute. :D .. and in summer I can make that twice as long on P2P

daemon
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 05:49 AM
well,seems like i have opened pandora's box here.

the rules will be simple.
on the eve of april 14th i will post a word that must be photographed next to the speedometer of each bike you wish to enroll.
track bikes may be included if you are honest about the amount of track time you actually put on.
the contest will end on october 15th and at that time there will be another word to verify you have done those miles.
if you wish to cement the date the pic was taken you can use a cellphone or a watch that shows the date.

at anytime after the entrance date you sell one bike and get another.
make sure to document the miles of both.
the prize on my end will be as it stands.
40$ donation to this club in the (honest)winner's name.
during the time of the contest you may want to boast or provide proof of your adventures and excessive miles then you may do so.

any other's who wish to donate to the club for their participation in this contest are more than welcome to,but i don't see it as being a necessity.

this is all in fun with a small prize.

GixxerCarrie
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 06:46 AM
A summer of how much can I ride...hellz ya. I'm in.

dm_gsxr
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 07:53 AM
That's why I was giving you and Carl credit. You two are aiding in throwing off the mileage curve. I was just trying to give someone else a chance to win in a different category. So take it as a compliment...you big dummy-head!

:lol:

OUTLAWD
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 08:33 AM
I'm game...I've got 2k in the last month, so I have a feeling I'll be eating up some tires this season

...living in the true north is finally going to pay off...haha

Bueller
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 08:35 AM
The laps I pound out at the MX track should count triple. :D
Trail riding too!

Sean
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Trail riding too!I don't know a ton about mx bikes, but don't they dictate wear by hours? If so, would it even be possible to get a remotly accurate guess hours to miles? If it was by miles, I would think it should be elligible :dunno:

This will be my last statment about this, it's Mayo's thing and he should run it how he feels. But I don't think it would be a bad idea to have some sub categories under the official "winner" of all miles. A person on a 600cc would most likely not be able to do the touring of someone on a 1300cc. And if any cash was collected for the entry fee. It could go to the club to help with any over head, or charity (R2SL does a great fundraiser for children's charities). Kay, I'm done. It's a fun idea Mayo, thanks for introducing it!

Bueller
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 08:56 AM
I am just kidding, my KTM's have odo's on them (programable so super easy to cheat), but 200mi. of trail riding is a whole weekend of hard riding in some locals.

daemon
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 09:04 AM
i welcome your idea sean.
what would be your categories again?
it may be a decent idea to give people on different bikes a chance to win in one category or another.
it will be tough to beat carl or jeff when it comes to touring,but we can all hope they find a way to lessen their miles during this contest.

asp_125
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 09:14 AM
1100cc +
under 1100cc
& dirt/SM/track?

dm_gsxr
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 09:18 AM
i welcome your idea sean.
it may be a decent idea to give people on different bikes a chance to win in one category or another.
it will be tough to beat carl or jeff when it comes to touring,but we can all hope they find a way to lessen their miles during this contest.

I've already planned my trip and paid my entrance fee to GenCon so I'm going :) That was before this was initiated. If you want to restrict me, keep me to the TransAlp or the SV or even Rita's Ninja as I regularly ride that one in the winter.

We are moving to Longmont here soon and my commute miles will drop to zero as I'll be in walking distance of work. Maybe that'll cut the miles down some :)

Carl

Sean
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 09:23 AM
- The grand winner and then 3 sub classes (0-600cc, 601-1000cc and 1001+) *edited my post a little

it may be a decent idea to give people on different bikes a chance to win in one category or another.it will be tough to beat carl or jeff when it comes to touring,but we can all hope they find a way to lessen their miles during this contest.

Even if we did a $5 entry per bike, if we get 20 people to do it that's $100 for CSC or a charity or both? I don't think anyone would care about giving up $5 and then we'd be raising a few bucks for some good cause. Then with the additional classes we would probably get more people to participate.

Personally, if it's just a free for all, I probably wouldn't enter cause I don't put on touring miles. But if it's a 600 class, I would give it a go. it's not really about winning anything except bragging rights. maybe we can get a mod to put something under the winner's pic (ex:1000cc mileage winner)

daemon
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 09:40 AM
i think we will impliment this idea.

and carl....you will not be restricted....
you are in a class all by yourself.

daemon
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 09:53 AM
for those that care.
here is the origination of the contest.
http://www.squidbusters.com/sb/showthread.php?p=118955#post118955

TFOGGuys
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I'm in... I got about 10K last season, just commuting....maybe I'll actually get to ride this year.... 2 bikes, so $15-20 entry fee?

Matty
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 10:15 AM
haven't read all the posts... but comuting to work shouldn't count as earned miles.

it be great to see who puts in the most pleasure riding.

Then again with Carl making his 10K ride. I declare him the winner already, lol.

TFOGGuys
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 10:42 AM
haven't read all the posts... but comuting to work shouldn't count as earned miles.

it be great to see who puts in the most pleasure riding.

Then again with Carl making his 10K ride. I declare him the winner already, lol.

So, if I can only count pleasure miles, then my mileage last year was ~600... :cry:

Matty
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 10:46 AM
So, if I can only count pleasure miles, then my mileage last year was ~600... :cry:
that sux!!! lol.

Sean
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 10:47 AM
it be great to see who puts in the most pleasure riding.It would be to hard to keep track of it. With my 3 mile roundtrip commute, all of miles are canyons, it would be nice. But then again, aren't all miles pleasurable on a bike?

Matty
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 10:48 AM
But then again, aren't all miles pleasurable on a bike?
nope. sitting on my bike on i-25 in traffic is not pleasurable.

dm_gsxr
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 10:57 AM
All my rides are pleasure rides. Even commuting, although I'm riding from Broomfield to Longmont so no sitting in traffic. Heck, if I can't ride for a few days, I get cranky and Rita kicks me out of the house. "Go ride, damn it, you're driving me nuts!" :D

Carl

TFOGGuys
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 11:02 AM
It would be to hard to keep track of it. With my 3 mile roundtrip commute, all of miles are canyons, it would be nice. But then again, aren't all miles pleasurable on a bike?

Spoken by a person that must never have had the "pleasure" of riding a sportbike home in 6 inches of snow and subzero temps....LOL

= Buckeye Jess =
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 11:03 AM
nope. sitting on my bike on i-25 in traffic is not pleasurable.
But Matty....if yer just sitting in traffic, the bike isn't actually getting any miles! Once you break out of the mess and can start moving again tho, doesn't it bring just the smallest smile to your face? It could also be incentive to find a new route to commute on - bump your miles and avoid the gridlock!

TFOGGuys
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 11:05 AM
It could also be incentive to find a new route to commute on - bump your miles and avoid the gridlock!

Hmmm...Aurora to Golden via Nederland.....:yumyum:

dm_gsxr
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Spoken by a person that must never have had the "pleasure" of riding a sportbike home in 6 inches of snow and subzero temps....LOL

Honestly, it's all pleasure to me.

http://www.schelin.org/20041202/day01/dscn4088x600.jpg

Even the snow :D

Carl

Sean
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Spoken by a person that must never have had the "pleasure" of riding a sportbike home in 6 inches of snow and subzero temps....LOL:lol: No, I'm a little more of a fair weather rider than that. I'm not suggesting all conditions are ideal, and some are a downright a pain in the ass, but I would rather ride if I can. Also, my oulook is completely different b/c I don't live in a large city anymore. Boulder may be full of hippies, but it's also nice to ride in. (No Boulder comments, Jim!)

TFOGGuys
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Honestly, it's all pleasure to me.

Even the snow :D

Carl

Yeah, Carl....but you're "different"....:lol:

I don't mind the cold, but the surprise snowstorms suck, mostly because of the brain dead cagers that develop precipitation based Alzheimer's and forget how to fargin drive...:scream1:

= Buckeye Jess =
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Hmmm...Aurora to Golden via Nederland.....:yumyum:
Well there you go! LOL.... You may have to reduce the hours at TFOG, but hey.... you'll be in the running mileage-wise!

dm_gsxr
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Yeah, Carl....but you're "different"....:lol:

I don't mind the cold, but the surprise snowstorms suck, mostly because of the brain dead cagers that develop precipitation based Alzheimer's and forget how to fargin drive...:scream1:

Agreed. My commute does make it a lot easier. If I was riding down to the tech center, I'd be taking the car more often than I do now. Although when we lived in the DC metro area, I'd ride my bikes to work without much trouble. Riding in the HOV lane made the ride a lot better and then being only a mile or so from the entrance/exit basically made it an easy commute.

Carl

Matty
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 11:25 AM
fuck it.. i'll throw my bike up on the rear stand and just let my bike run in gear.... lol.

dm_gsxr
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Propose that a ride report be part of longer trips. With lots of pictures. (That should stop the drill and rear stand crowd :D )

Carl

Sean
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 11:41 AM
There's no real prize, so what would be the point in cheating?

Matty
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Propose that a ride report be part of longer trips. With lots of pictures. (That should stop the drill and rear stand crowd :D )

Carl
Hahaha.... ya that really won't be happening.

Tipys
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 01:47 PM

To be first. Duh

but ya putting the bike on stands just to say you won. Causing that wear for really nothing. Sounds dumb to me.

Matty
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 02:03 PM

To be first. Duh

but ya putting the bike on stands just to say you won. Causing that wear for really nothing. Sounds dumb to me.
well i'm glad to know you both know the meaning of sarcasm. :banghead:

Tipys
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 02:05 PM
you ride a gixxer its hard to tell when your joking

Matty
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 02:19 PM
you ride a gixxer its hard to tell when your joking
ya but i can spell as well as go to a bar and buy a drink!!! :drink:

Tipys
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Ya well I cant spell. But I can buy a drink at the bar as long as they dont card me

daemon
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 02:47 PM
ya but i can spell as well as go to a bar and buy a drink!!! :drink:

Ya well I cant spell. But I can buy a drink at the bar as long as they dont card me
you both qualify as winner's in my book:drink:

Matty
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 03:23 PM
you both qualify as winner's in my book:drink:
Thanx Mayo!!!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Hey, C'mon, sex toys aren't cheating......they're just enhancements!:):hump:

Nick_Ninja
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I plan on parking the MC and riding the bicycle. I seriously doubt I will top 6,000 this year.

daemon
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I plan on parking the MC and riding the bicycle. I seriously doubt I will top 6,000 this year.
whoo hoo!!!
let's call on god to make carl's trip a bust!!!:turtle:

dm_gsxr
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 05:33 PM
whoo hoo!!!
let's call on god to make carl's trip a bust!!!:turtle:

I rode through the tail end of a hurricane with cars in the ditch. Lightning flying to the left and right (actually that was pretty cool). High winds for hours in Kansas. Some pretty hot weather in Oklahoma and Wyoming (bike temp gauge was at 116* at the street).

Forget God. Talk to Rita. She'll be the only one that'll stop that trip :D

Carl

daemon
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 06:48 PM
SO
let me see if i have this club's rules proper!
first off.
this is for fun and charity.

on april 14th i will post a secret word that must be pictured with the odometers of the bikes you wish to enter for the race.
if you own a trackbike that has no odometer.
we will ask you to post as often as possible some type of proof of your attendance and subsequent actuated mileage during said participation.
Lap's X track size...
"honesty is the best policy"

if you wish to enter a pic after the beginning of the race. it is allowed.

if you purchase another bike or trade off sometime during the race you must document the miles from both bikes.

i will keep these files on my computer for the duration of the race.

PRIZE:
for the grand winner will be my donation of 40$ in your name to the club.
there will be 3 different classes.
0-600cc displacement.
600-1000cc displacement.
1000+ displacement.
only the grand winner will recieve my donation.

all winner's of each section will have bragging right's and possible notation of said victory for one year listed under their username.

it is also suggested that all participant's contribute a small fee of 5$ per bike that is entered into said contest.
this is not mandatory,just suggested.
these fund's will go to the club and it's moderator's as deemed fit for club contribution's and or charity.
"please send these fund's to the said above authorities"

as i have said before.
this is all in fun,but we need to make a little competition of it and therefore it will be allowed to post up your progress during said race to coax more of us to get out there and enjoy the season.

we have less than a week to decide if this will happen.

whether it be friendly or competitive.....let's make it happen.

did i leave anything out???

dm_gsxr
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Ride report with pictures for overnight or longer bike trips.

:D

Carl

Dietrich_R1
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Maybe run it like a football pool??

Most miles in 1 month you win part of the kitty.
Most miles total.
Heck, even most miles during 1 week.
Least amount gets a can of "Monkey Butt"!

That list could go on.... just try to make it where the "reasonable rider" would want to join & have a chance to win. It could be FUN!!!!

I'm sure it would even be possible to get shops to donate some gift certificates!

Sean
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I'm in. Gonna kick some 600 ass! :doublefinger:

Bueller
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Suggest update classes

0-650cc displacement.
651-1000cc displacement.
1001+ displacement.

Tipys
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Suggest update classes

0-650cc displacement.
651-1000cc displacement.
1001+ displacement.

^^^PLus one

Bueller
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 07:45 PM
oh and I am not sure if it has been addressed , but with multiple bikes, what if they are in different classes?

daemon
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 07:53 PM
all good ideas,but there in lies the difficulties.
peeps who own diferrent classes of bikes would have the oppurtunity to outclass those that do not.
personally i think the race should not be bike specific,but as "Sean" has asked of me.
do i have moderator permission to run this particular race.

according to the specific....somewhat set rules there will be a "Fair" range of motorcyclist's represented.
i am open to ideas on how this may be implemented into a possible yearly event.
all of us tend to put on heavy miles.
be it track,street or dirt.

can we just make this fun for the first year and worry more about the idiosyncrasies next year???

yes...i use www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com)

Think
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 08:06 PM
If I weren't going to be gone for 5 weeks this summer, I'd be soooo in.

OUTLAWD
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 08:54 PM
If I weren't going to be gone for 5 weeks this summer, I'd be soooo in.

Greg, I'll ride your bike for ya...and give you all the credit for the miles i rack up...:up:

Keyser Soze
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I'll play :D

:lol: /thread

Jason ON
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Sounds fun. I'm in.

brennahm
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 07:54 PM
I'll be there!

Snowman
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I'm in on this as well...

daemon
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 04:20 AM
cool beans.
i need to get ahold of the mods/admins and see how they would like to play out any special perks.

daemon
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 08:16 PM
OKAY!!!
i got the approval from "rybo" to continue with this as it is!!!
i will post a formal thread on monday the 13th to intro everyone into what will be the rules.
as it stands.
there will be 3 classes.
"there can only be one" grand winner.
for those who which to claim winner in one particular class.
they will be able to do so in their "user cp"

this will also be an attempt to raise funds for the forum and it's subsequence charities.
please do all you can to contribute to this forum in it's need to benfit rider's.

daemon
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 07:10 PM
soon the games will begin!!!!

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=436261#post436261

thatmofo
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 11:05 PM
I think it's pretty lame that we aren't doing this for a full year. Dang on fair weather riders...