PDA

View Full Version : Fort Collins motorsports or tri-city cycles

ekim12144
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Which is the better place to buy stuff and get work done?

Or is there somewhere else I should go?

Think
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Honestly, I don't like either. FoCo Motorsports just seems to want your money realllly bad, and Tri City just doesn't really give a shit.

chad23
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 05:50 AM
if you go to tri city ask for benny and he should be ably to hook you up on gear and parts. I would never buy a bike from them though, way over priced, unless if you have bad credit then they can hook you up for a price. they average $1500-$2000 over blue book. I have not had work done there.

FOCO ask for ryan and he can hook you up on gear, I have not bought parts or have I had service done there. I do most of my own work.

I do know some folks have had service done at motoadventures and have been happy

hope that helps

OUTLAWD
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Honestly, I don't like either. FoCo Motorsports just seems to want your money realllly bad, and Tri City just doesn't really give a shit.

I got some parts at FoCo, because they were way cheaper than Eurosport or whatever it is, but the sales guys are like money thirsty hounds with no grasp of reality...they wanted 2 arms and a leg for a bike that was barely worth a leg...

Depending on what you want done, and how mechanically inclined you are, there are prob a few local-ish people who'd be willing to give you a hand for 6-pack or some similar payment

sky_blue
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 09:30 PM
I had a bike in the shop at FC Motorsports getting several hundred dollars of work done...I took in a different tire on a wheel and asked them to take it off for me, and they wanted $20 and me to get in the giant parts line. Maybe I am wrong in wanting the two minute job done for free, but I walked out. Ryan is nice there, and the crazy guy that sold me my Honda and I always forget his name is also.

Bought my bike at Interstate Honda in Fort Collins, and besides never ever having any part I need in stock, they are more helpful than FC Motorsports.

FC Motorsports probably has more steet gear than Interstate Honda.

Went to Tri-City once looking for bar-ends. They had ZERO.

If I needed a shop, I would go to MotoAdventure Kawasaki in Loveland (not far south of FC) way before I went to either of the dealers in the Fort (and assuming I couldn't get my a$$ down to TFOG). If I had a BMW or a Triumph I'd try Beemers and More or Northern Colorado Euro whatever they are calling themselves now. I also like Northern Colorado BMW for the selection of high end BMW touring gear and sexy Ducati clothes. Big money though, I've never bought anything more than gloves there.

rybo
Sat Apr 4th, 2009, 09:45 PM
I think it all has to do with who you deal with at each of the shops:

My experiences:

Benny at Tri-City Cycles will take good care of you on parts

Brad at Northern Colorado Euro will take good care of you for parts, Kevin will take good care of you there on a bike.

Every interaction I've had at Moto Adventure has been a good one. Bruce (the owner) is a great guy.

s

CanAm
Sun Apr 5th, 2009, 05:35 AM
For gear, no matter where you go, do your research on the web and take in a copy of your best price - and don't forget about shipping costs if they apply. I have found that they will all match the best price. Then you can check it out when it arrives. If there is something wrong, they will deal with it and you are not stuck with the hassle of return shipping. Restocking charges may apply on special orders if you just don't like it, but that is true anywhere.
Ryan at FC Motorsports is a good guy.
Beemers is excellent.
Kevin at Epic Motosports near Longmont is also great to deal with. He specializes in off-road bikes but can order most anything and does great work. I have had numerous tires replaced there and he did some major front suspension work on a friend's Ducati.

Wheeefr
Sun Apr 5th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Depends on what you need done. Check out Elite Motorsports. Small shop and pretty nice guys down in Loveland. Don't seem to be full of themselves.

chad23
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 07:46 AM
where is elite at?

bc_500r
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I have had bad experiences at both places. I went into FOCO with my friend to look at some bikes and a sales guy walked past us and asked us what we were buying. We said we werent buying anything right now and he said, well im going to keep walking then. What an asshole. Then i took a bike out for a test drive at tri city (it looked nice but was a POS) for about 15 min and I got a message on my answering machine that said, Hey, where are you, you dont need to drive the bike to california and back, get back here. If im gunna be spending a few grand and gunna drive that thing around a little. I wont be buying anything at either place.

denver_whitest185
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 01:20 PM
I also really like motoadventure kawasaki. whenever i go in there, everyone is relaxed and the owner is really nice.

PROFLYER
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 04:44 PM
where is elite at?

on 34 right across from the albertsons that went under. Between boise and madison on 34, S. side of 34. Great guys for all your regualr stuff, oil, filters etc. They can order anything and have always matched online prices.

FOCO motorsports--if you like being treated like shit and have money to burn, go there

Interstate-GREAT GUYS, just too far from me for oil/filters but I bought my 08RR there and they're good to go for sure.

Tri-shitty, you get the point.

sag
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 04:55 PM
i like the guys at motoadventure the best. they dont do as much business as say focomospo which lets you get something called customer service.

im not too impressed with tricity as their bikes always seem junky and not clean at all. not to mention ive been down twice eyeing a gixxer 750 and its failed to stay running more then 30 sec despite the issue being brought up both times.

"oh it just needs to be warmed up"
(proceeds to rev the shit out of it completely cold)
and then it dies immediately when the revs drop back down.

ekim12144
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 05:21 PM
So it sounds like either Elite Motorsports or MotoAdventure Kawasaki are the best places to go. Someone mentioned having local people help you out. Is there anyone in northern colorado that knows enough about bikes to help my co-worker and I give our bikes oil changes see if anything else needs to be done before the season really gets going? Of course I can supply brews and grub.
Michael

Think
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 05:35 PM
So it sounds like either Elite Motorsports or MotoAdventure Kawasaki are the best places to go. Someone mentioned having local people help you out. Is there anyone in northern colorado that knows enough about bikes to help my co-worker and I give our bikes oil changes see if anything else needs to be done before the season really gets going? Of course I can supply brews and grub.
Michael
I don't really know much else about bike maintenance, but I can definitely help you out with an oil change. I'm sure if sag isn't a bitch he'd come with me.

denver_whitest185
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Ive got pitbull stands and lot of tools if you guys want to come by my place. im just west of campus and just down the road from Think. just make sure to get the oil and filter prior, and maybe find a write up with info like where to look for the oil level and how many quarts is needed if you don't already know...

denver_whitest185
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 10:59 PM
what make/model are they anyways?

ekim12144
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 12:19 AM
I have a 07 GSXR 600 cant's remember what he rides but it's a 900 from about 89

MRA 32
Thu Apr 16th, 2009, 07:51 PM
All of the shops have their good points and bad. Remember every business needs to make a profit and one bad employee shouldn't influence where you go. I am sponsored by Interstate Honda and am partial to them but, in this economy don't expect these shops to carry tons of stuff in stock. Remember if you are a polite customer you will always be treated well. Put youself in their shoes, salesmen deal with shoppers all day and sales is actually a hard way to make a living. Parts counter help is hard to find , show a little patience and you will win in the end.

I do usually look online for what I need, plus check pricing, go in informed before you make a purchase.

My 2 cents, Jeff MRA # 927

bc_500r
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 08:34 AM
shit dude, save your money and buy whatever parts you need and ill help you do it. I do ALL my own maintenance except for tires and stuff which I dont have tools for. I have an SV650 so I already have zuki experience haha.

BeoBe
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 01:01 PM
I got my bike from FOCO Motorsports and i will never buy ANYTHING from them again... They are horrible and after looking how their service dept did alot of work on my bike i wouldn't go for that either.. They always have 100000 people working and they never leave you alone.. Personal experience i say steer clear of that place..

BeoBe
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I am sponsored by Interstate Honda and am partial to them but, in this economy don't expect these shops to carry tons of stuff in stock.

I have went into interstate honda helping my brother look for a bike, these guys arent real pushy or anything, i thought they were pretty good people.. Jeff referred me to that place and i would refer someone else.

OUTLAWD
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 05:09 PM
I have went into interstate honda helping my brother look for a bike, these guys arent real pushy or anything, i thought they were pretty good people.. Jeff referred me to that place and i would refer someone else.

+1 looked at an RC51 they have on consignment, and the sales guy wasn't pushy or anything