PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek

Shea
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Ok, I think I just had a geekgasm:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809752801/video/12413527

Now that they've gotten rid of the Braga team that made Star Trek the UN in space, this restart to the franchise looks SWEET!!!

sky_blue
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Can't wait!!!

Devaclis
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I have been following this for over a year now. What is it they say you should do if you have an erection that lasts more than 13 months?

Shea
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 10:17 AM
I have been following this for over a year now. What is it they say you should do if you have an erection that lasts more than 13 months?

Seek 1000cc of popcorn stat!

They had me at Simon Pegg as Scottie...lol

sky_blue
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Cleaning out a few boxes in the basement last week -- I found my autographed 8x10 of Shatner, a photo of me with Nichelle Nichols, and my plastic phaser.

I am so going to eBay some of this crap. Captain Kirk collector's Plate? Leonard Nimoy autographed "I am Spock" book? Man, I had it bad for TOS.

dirkterrell
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Yep, back to Star Trek of the ass-kicking variety. :hump:

Dirk

Devaclis
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 10:34 AM
You need to get a copy of "Golden Throats"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Throats

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Wow....I had no idea they were filming this.... definitely gonna have to catch it on the big screen!!

Shea
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Wow....I had no idea they were filming this.... definitely gonna have to catch it on the big screen!!

When are we having the cave warming party for you Jess? :p

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Yeah yeah...zip it! lol

I've never really enjoyed any of the Star Treks and have only seen one of the movies in the theater - so I'm excited to see one coming out that looks like I might enjoy it! =)

Snowman
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 12:06 PM
This is ether going to be a big hit and a completely reboot the series or the most colossal failure of all time that will make Gene Rodenberry’s ashes return from space to choke the life out of all involved.

Shea
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 12:18 PM
This is ether going to be a big hit and a completely reboot the series or the most colossal failure of all time that will make Gene Rodenberry’s ashes return from space to choke the life out of all involved.

Hey if Enterprise didn't do that, I don't think this will. Either way, I'll keep Wrath of Khan ready in the DVD player just in case I need some mental cleaner if it does suck.

Snowman
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Hey if Enterprise didn't do that, I don't think this will. Either way, I'll keep Wrath of Khan ready in the DVD player just in case I need some mental cleaner if it does suck.Yes, I agree…
Every last dead red shirted ensign should have rose in zombie form and eaten the brains of everyone involved with every series and movies since TNG. Although I’m sure there will be a special place in Rura Penthe for Rick Berman.

RajunCajun
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 12:47 PM
When are we having the cave warming party for you Jess? :p

Huhg? You moving, Jess??

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Huhg? You moving, Jess??
LOL...nah darlin'
Shea is just picking on me cause I'm not a Trekkie geek, but I'm willing to admit that I'm interested in watching this new one. :)

I say we all make a group thing of it when it gets released!

RajunCajun
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 06:16 PM
If I have any $, I might be down!

ChrisCBX
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 11:11 PM
I watched a couple of the trailers. The movie looks interesting.

It'll be hard to get John Cho's "Harold" character of Harold and Kumar fame, out of my head when watching this movie though.:)

~Barn~
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I'm not a Star Trek guy by any stretch, but I wouldn't be opposed to watching this. I think that Cho and Pegg are both underappreciated actors (and not just for their comedic skills), and that they both have potential to be really good in this, depending on what kind of writers are involved.

If all the pieces come togethers, I have a feeling this will be an entertaining (and funny) Sci-Fi flick.

http://geeksofdoom.com/GoD/img/2008/news/2008-08-12-startrekposter02.1_lg.jpg

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Literally the very evening I first saw this post I watched three previews for the movie on TV. I find it rather ironic - and it's not because I was just noticing it after this post. There are some actors in the movie that I really enjoy so I would have picked up on it before.. lol