PDA

View Full Version : Angry Biker Gods Today

MikeG
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I'm riding along on northbound Wadsworth by Old C's and all of a sudden I hear a bang and my front end starts getting a bit squirrely on me so I pull off into the parking lot on 88th and check over the front end thinking it was the tire. After inspecting it all over, the tire is fine, forks look ok brakes look good too. I ride a little bit further in the parking lot and the front end is loose, I stop again and notice the rear tire is completely flat. It looked like something punctured it dead on. :wtf:
Odd thing was I was on the way home from getting prices on tires down at GForce.

Has something like this ever happened to anyone else?

chad23
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 07:39 PM
well now you REALLY need a set of tires

Think
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Was riding down 25 at about 100 WITH traffic and my rear tire blew out. A piece of the tire actually hit sag in the visor as he was riding right behind me.

Sully
Mon Apr 6th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Someone is telling you to check tire prices at TFOG :)

Yes, this has also happened to me. Rear tire on the highway.... eeeek !:shocked:

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Hope you made it home from there O.K.
I know it's not far from your house, still sucks to drive on a flat.

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Was riding down 25 at about 100 WITH traffic and my rear tire blew out. A piece of the tire actually hit sag in the visor as he was riding right behind me.

HOLY SHIII---

Sean
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Yup, it's happened to me. Luckily I was in Boulder, close to home and could easily limp her with waht air was left. Just be thankful it wasn't the front tire. That's when the real issues come into play :( Glad nothing bad happened :up:

SaShWhO
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 08:55 AM
I'm just glad to hear you're back in the saddle finally.
get some tires, quit your moaning and groaning and come out to play soon.

MikeG
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 10:19 AM
The only moans and groans are to mother nature not allowing me to go out and play lately

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Glad you're ok. The only time since the '80's I've heard of a tire "blowing out" was an idiot friend of mine always ran his down to the cords, and it went at about 90 on a long, hot ride out in the desert. Luckily, he was only about 10mi from home when it went.

Vance
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 01:39 PM
When I went and picked up my new/old bike Thursday I rode about 2 miles before I realized that very saggy lack of maneuverability wasn't the fact the bike is a vastly underpowered retro-thumper... but in fact the tires were flat from sitting in a garage for two years!

Fortunately for me - they are holding pressure and still have descent tread.

Amazing what air pressure does for a smoother ride! :)