PDA

View Full Version : Walk Like MADD - Aug 1, 2009

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 01:58 PM
As a good number of you know, I was hit by a drunk driver while on my bike last summer. While recovering and dealing with the whole legal process, I received AMAZING help and support from my victim's advocate through MADD. (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) This organization serves as such a wonderful resource when people are affected by drunk/impaired driving!

I have been a volunteer with MADD ever since my recovery and am on several committees with them. I now have a chance to help support the group that gave me the support I so desperately needed last summer.

On Aug 1, 2009, I will be participating in Denver's Walk Like MADD event. This is a 5k walk fund raising/support event for MADD. I am asking all of you to consider joining me and we can form a CSC team to walk in the event. If this does not interest you, please consider making a donation/pledge on my page to help me reach my goal for the event. I think it would be fantastic to be able to make a presence as CSC in support of this event!

For any info or questions, please feel free to contact me, or click the link to access my Walk Like MADD page!
Jessie
http://support.madd.org/site/TR/Events/SFC-DenverCO?px=2102583&pg=personal&fr_id=2350

As soon as I get some responses from folks, I'll get an official team set up and get the info out there for you!

Nick_Ninja
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 02:15 PM
I'm a member of DAMM

Drunks
Agaimnst
Mad
Mothers

:D

(BTW --- I was hit by a drunk in 1985 --- hit and run --- and MADD was nowhere to be seen. Maybe that was a good thing?)

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Apr 7th, 2009, 02:22 PM
They were still fairly new at that point, so I dunno??

Previous to my events, I always thought they were just an activist group...but they do amazing work as far as victim/family services and they are a great resource!

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu May 28th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Awesome news on this front....
MADD at the national level has put me in charge of a brand spanking new division for the Walk Like MADD fundraiser. MADD Colorado has taken the initiative to create a Fire/EMS division and it is all my baby!! We are even going to pit my division against the Law Enforcement division to get the competitive juices flowing. =)
So now I'm in charge of this division and have made my team "CO Fire/EMS". So again, if you are interested in helping me out or want to walk with me, let me know or take a peek at my WLM page:
http://support.madd.org/site/TR/Events/SFC-DenverCO?px=2102583&pg=personal&fr_id=2350

Pandora-11
Thu May 28th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I will walk with you.

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu May 28th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Awesome Pandora!!! Feel free to click on the link to my page and it describes everything and you can register on there. Or you can PM me for whatever details ya want... Thanks!!!!!