PDA

View Full Version : watch it in denver prop 100 bonds get your bike taken away

ibanez691
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 06:19 PM
if you dont know i am the only company that is doing the bonds what it is is denver is targeting all bikes and pulling them over to check for a motorcycle endorsment so make sure you have it or your bike goes to the pound at a cost of 2750 to get it back unless you go thru me which will cost 650 . i my self got pulled over today for doing nothing just so they could check it was total bullshit but they are getting 10 bikes a day and its not even summer. so everyone go get your lic

PhL0aTeR
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 06:23 PM
i could pick out "denver"..... is that all it applies to? otherwise im lost as hell...

chad23
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 06:46 PM
such bullshit, I gues having reasonable cause to pull someone over doesnt exist any more

Airreed
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 06:49 PM
I don't understand jibba-jabber...
Are you trying to sell your company services to us....so confused.

Zach929rr
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I can't find anything on google to substantiate this, therefore it is false.

brennahm
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 07:01 PM
But Zach, it's on the INTERNET. We all know that means it MUST be true.

BTW, where'd his other 14 posts go?

Rhino
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Best I can find is loose news stories like this: http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-car-dealers-snafu-21109,0,3391672.story

It passed in August 08. Was designed to keep people without licenses from simply driving again by impounding the vehicle until a license was produced. The impound fee was @ $2500. A costly deterrent.

Zach929rr
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 07:07 PM
I'm guessing there is a large gap between unlicensed and non-endorsed. :rolleyes:

ibanez691
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 07:21 PM
no endorsment means driving with no lic on a bike plain and simple. and its real belive me . im not trying to sell anything for my company when people get caught they find me on there own . i was pulled over for not useing my hand signal for 200 feet or more , and got the ticket for failure to signal . i did signal and for more than 200 feet but they thought they could impound me . wait till warm weather and a slew of bikes hits downtown. this will be all over the forum like mad im just trying to warn fellow bikers to get there endorsment . half my freinds that ride dont have it so i know its common

ibanez691
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 07:22 PM
i been riding with a few of other people on this fouum last summer im not selling nothing just letting you guys know

Zach929rr
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Appreciate the heads up on the matter. I'm just speaking from my own experience that people still (2009) get slaps on the wrist for no endorsement.

ibanez691
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Vote "no" on car seizure plan - Article Comments - View topic - Opinion - General Opinion : Denver CO Neighbors (http://neighbors.denverpost.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=10060507) a little more info.

ibanez691
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 07:32 PM
ya but not in denver no more no endorsment you get impounded you can all call me a iler when everyone loses there bikes and its thousands to get them back. i was just giving a heads up . i was a target thismorning . no endorsment or no ins bye bye bike im luck i had my endorsment

Zach929rr
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Yup. Looks like you are right. From what I've read in the past few minutes, this step is mirroring what a lot of states are doing. I fully back it up too... I have known too many people hit by unlicensed, uninsured illegals.

Sully
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks.. I'm soooo legal... no worries here :)

ibanez691
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 07:42 PM
yep i agree too but the rode it over to include a mc endorsment . and they are targeting young people on sport bikes . so wait and see the meyhem . if your smart you dont have one you go get one now . we have bonded out 15 bikes in the last month thru our company . there popping 20 to 30 cars aday and about 5 bikes a day so wait till summer and bikes are everwhere . we have bonded 600 cars since jan 1 . and that dont count the people that paid cash to get it back thru the city. glad you see the light and i was not full of shit

Zach929rr
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Wow. Looks like the city needs some serious skrill. $2500 should be a large enough deterrent for anyone.

Thanks for informing everyone.

salsashark
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks.. I'm soooo legal... no worries here :)

I'm w/ Sully on this one.

as far as I'm concerned if you have no license you have no business driving or riding any form of motorized vehicle on the streets. And if you get your ride taken, tough luck for you. Get licensed, get insured and get legal or get the hell off the road.

ibanez691
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 07:49 PM
you would think so but its not , common sence is not so common .

salsashark
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 07:51 PM
well, no one said stupid shouldn't hurt... be it physically, mentally or financially

ibanez691
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 07:58 PM
if you knew the truth on on lic and no ins you all would shit it is about half of drivers no ins and 30% no lic . this law rocks but people dont learn a ton of people have lost there 2500 for getting caught again

lightspeed
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 07:59 PM
...complete bs. Thanks 4 the heads up tho. I've got an endorsement...but just to be stopped for nothing is insane. This is really getting out of hand IMO. If they are going to do that...they need to start making routine stops on cagers to check for a drivers license, oh and while we're at it lets make random checks door to door to make certain no one has any illegally downloaded music on the cpu.

Tipys
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 08:23 PM
I have to say untill I see this in writing outside of a newpaper post, That it is bullshit.

Zach929rr
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 08:51 PM
any illegally downloaded music on the cpu.

That would be a rough day for me.

asp_125
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 09:01 PM
I don't have any worries, but just being stopped for no apparent infraction sucks donkey balls. They better start pulling over those beater cars with paper plates while they're at it. How many would you think don't have insurance or licenses.

Rhino
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 09:31 PM
http://www.denvergov.org/Portals/327/documents/Initiative%20100%20information.pdf Be sure to read the last paragraph.

http://www.denvergov.org/Sheriff/VehicleImpoundFacility/tabid/393655/Default.aspx Links at bottom of page.

http://www.denvergov.org/Portals/327/documents/I-100%20Public%20Notice.pdf

Tipys
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Ok I was wrong its not bullshit. But not having a Drivers license is different then not having an endorsement.

Mecha Hayai
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 10:04 PM
2,500 - ouch!:shocked: I have my license and endorsement, but I am no follower of the aphorism "criminals get what's coming to them" at all. I'm no pirate, but I know I break the law daily. Most of us do. What good does it do to snag and gag some guy's ride then give it back as soon as he pays a fine? It's a revolving revenue door. That's about all. Anybody that feels good about that has been sipping from a fools bidet.:drink:

InlineSIX24
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 10:05 PM
sowhatisthenameofyourcompanyifsomeonegetsintrouble ?

GixxerCarrie
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Good to know...I have mine also. So, one worry off my back.

YZFRydn
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 10:14 PM
$2500 for impound? Damn...I do think if you get pulled over and don't have a license and/or are uninsured you should be fined heavily.

Rhino
Wed Apr 8th, 2009, 10:44 PM
2,500 - ouch!:shocked: I have my license and endorsement, but I am no follower of the aphorism "criminals get what's coming to them" at all. I'm no pirate, but I know I break the law daily. Most of us do. What good does it do to snag and gag some guy's ride then give it back as soon as he pays a fine? It's a revolving revenue door. That's about all. Anybody that feels good about that has been sipping from a fools bidet.:drink:

Glad I posted the links so you could read them and be informed:cussing:

The $2500 is a bond. Someone with a license picks the vehicle up and as long as the car isn't pulled over in the next year with an unlicensed driver, you'd get the bond back.

Before the vehicle can be released, the bond of $2,500.00 the land acquisition fee of $100.00, a processing fee of $30.00, a $120.00 tow fee and storage charges must be paid. The minimum fee payment required for a vehicle impounded under this initiative on the first day of impoundment is $2,750.00 with an additional $20.00 per day in storage fees for each full or partial part of a day that the vehicle is impounded after the first twenty-four hours. Payment can be in cash or major credit card. Professional Bonds and Property Bonds are handled by the Bonding Office listed below.
Example: BOND - $2,500.00
Land Fee - $100.00
Processing Fee - $30.00
Tow Fee - $120.00
Storage – $ (add $20.00 per day)
The bond will be held for one year. If no subsequent violation involving operator licensing occur, the bond will be returned to the person and address listed on the bond unless we receive a change of address form. Should a second violation occur, a bond revocation hearing will be set by the Denver Court to allow the maker of the bond to present evidence of why the bond should not be forfeited.
If the vehicle is not claimed within 30 days of the mailing of the notice of impoundment, the vehicle may be disposed of by the city by auction or otherwise.

But as pointed out, not endorsed isn't the same as not licensed. I encourage anyone riding without an endorsement to point that out to the officer. If he doesn't quite get your technical standpoint or doubts your legal credibility, proceed directly to the "I pay your salary" approach. Always makes for a good episode of cops.

MetaLord 9
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Reading through this thread gives me the sneaking suspicion that Tipys has been giving grammar and spelling lessons...

That aside, get legal or get off the road. Two reasons your insurance will surely go up in town and they are a high rate of theft/crime and a high rate of uninsured motorists. Don't believe me? Try insuring anything in the state of Louisiana. Insurance rates there are retarded high and it's b/c less than half of the state's motorists are insured and a scary high number of 'em don't have licenses either (for bike OR car).

Tipys
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Chris I do what I can now if I could only get payed for these lessons.

PhL0aTeR
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:19 AM
But as pointed out, not endorsed isn't the same as not licensed. I encourage anyone riding without an endorsement to point that out to the officer. If he doesn't quite get your technical standpoint or doubts your legal credibility, proceed directly to the "I pay your salary" approach. Always makes for a good episode of cops.

and when that doesnt work, take your pick from the following:

a) grab his gun
b) start your bike and hit the road, bikes are fast, remember?
c) punch him in the face, then stand there and wait for a reaction

either way, please have someone recording this, make sure they are a member of this board and have a youtube account. Other than that, feel free to ad-lib :)

MetaLord 9
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Chris I do what I can now if I could only get payed for these lessons.
You'll get your "payement" in the form of noogies and HI-C juice boxes and you'll like it! :D

DevilsTonic
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Sascha better get that endorsement. I have no worries here except for my occassional acts of douchebaggery.

Tipys
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:25 AM
But I want spankings and cool-aid.

Matty
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 10:19 AM
no endorsment means driving with no lic on a bike plain and simple. and its real belive me . im not trying to sell anything for my company when people get caught they find me on there own . i was pulled over for not useing my hand signal for 200 feet or more , and got the ticket for failure to signal . i did signal and for more than 200 feet but they thought they could impound me . wait till warm weather and a slew of bikes hits downtown. this will be all over the forum like mad im just trying to warn fellow bikers to get there endorsment . half my freinds that ride dont have it so i know its common
nothing personal, but if i need a bondsman, i'm going to find one who is literate. jesus christ man, learn how to fucken spell.

oh and in my ten years of sportbike and hooligan riding i've never been pulled over just to ckeck my endorsement. Everytime i've been stopped is for a legitimate reason.

Devaclis
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 10:21 AM
I am glad you did not start that with "no offense, man"

Ricky
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 10:30 AM
I highly doubt they're pulling people over solely to check endorsement. He even said he got pulled over this morning after failing to signal long enough.

Nothing to worry about here. 100% legal

Shea
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 10:44 AM
nothing personal, but if i need a bondsman, i'm going to find one who is literate. jesus christ man, learn how to fucken spell.

oh and in my ten years of sportbike and hooligan riding i've never been pulled over just to ckeck my endorsement. Everytime i've been stopped is for a legitimate reason.

lol, Matty. Shall we check your posts for spelling and grammar? How about accurate capitalization :)

Sully
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 10:46 AM
I've heard of people being pulled over because someone reported their bike stolen and they wanted to check and make sure they weren't the ones who stole it...

Needless to say, I'm sure they can make up whatever they want to pull your ass over. Such as improper mounting of your license plate, or it wasn't visible.

Shea
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Needless to say, I'm sure they can make up whatever they want to pull your ass over. Such as improper mounting of your license plate, or it wasn't visible.

Yeah, if they want to pull you over, there will be a reason. Have to pad their "performance goal" somehow.

All the more reason not to ride in Denver.

Matty
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 10:53 AM
lol, Matty. Shall we check your posts for spelling and grammar? How about accurate capitalization :)
i rarely ever captialize... we all know that. as for my spelling and grammar i'm usually on point. once in awhile i'll get lazy.

MetaLord 9
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Of course, it doesn't matter you're pulled over for a legit reason or a BS one if you've got everything in order and there are not issues with your paperwork. Unless there's a big push to check for endorsements, or if the officer has a particular penchant for pulling over bikers, the police officers are going to spend their time going after the bigger fish. Higher ticket price means higher commission for them and if I've got a choice between pulling over someone speeding gratuitiously or someone doing nothing wrong just b/c they might not have an endorsement, that's a no brainer

Nick_Ninja
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Bondsmen & Cops = Lowest Common Denominator

Sully
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 11:06 AM
I'm really getting tired of being pulled over for that same excuse - my phone number... oh and speeding. lol

MetaLord 9
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I'm really getting tired of being pulled over for that same excuse - my phone number... oh and speeding. lol
as long as they're not getting the fine & your phone number mixed up...

Flip
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 11:20 AM
They would be soooo disappointed if they pulled me over for "being a young person on a sport bike"! I wear a helmet- they'd never know Im old enough to be their mother!! hahahah -But I have the body of a 30 sumthin when i stand on my head....
ps- Im legal

SaShWhO
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 01:14 PM
what is this endorsement y'all speak of:think:

zetaetatheta
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 01:30 PM
if you dont know i am the only company that is doing the bonds what it is is denver is targeting all bikes and pulling them over to check for a motorcycle endorsment so make sure you have it or your bike goes to the pound at a cost of 2750 to get it back unless you go thru me which will cost 650 . i my self got pulled over today for doing nothing just so they could check it was total bullshit but they are getting 10 bikes a day and its not even summer. so everyone go get your lic

10 bikes a day in this post.

zetaetatheta
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 01:31 PM
yep i agree too but the rode it over to include a mc endorsment . and they are targeting young people on sport bikes . so wait and see the meyhem . if your smart you dont have one you go get one now . we have bonded out 15 bikes in the last month thru our company . there popping 20 to 30 cars aday and about 5 bikes a day so wait till summer and bikes are everwhere . we have bonded 600 cars since jan 1 . and that dont count the people that paid cash to get it back thru the city. glad you see the light and i was not full of shit

5 bikes a day in this one. Which is it?

Aphrodite
Sun Apr 12th, 2009, 10:00 PM
So has this thing passed or what ever not looking forward to being pulled over just to be check out. :(

Pharmgirl
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 07:08 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_12129666

Found this is the Post today, front page.

Aphrodite
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Figures another law that law makers made to be shoved into a drawer to be used at their disgression. Welcome to the US of Laws.

modette99
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 09:28 AM

Aphrodite
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 09:34 AM
No concerns here for not being licensed had it for several years not the issue. I got is being stopped randomly to have my papers check reminds me of another country that used to do that. Whats next curfew?

dirkterrell
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Not sure what the big deal is, I guess there is a bigger unlicensed population here then I would of thought.

This law was targeted at people who are in the country illegally and thus don't want to expose themselves to discovery by getting a drivers license. The politicians on both sides are resistant to enforcing this (and other laws) because of the political repercussions, hence Hickenlooper's:

Mayor John Hickenlooper argued that the initiative was a bad idea that would divert precious law enforcement resources away from other more important problems, but voters approved the initiative in August.

Other more important problems like generating revenue on I-25.

And to play grammar Nazi for a minute because I see people doing it all the time on this site: "of" does not generally follow could/would/should. It's "would have" or "would've" not "would of." Carry on. :)

Dirk

phoenixr2
Thu Apr 16th, 2009, 08:51 PM
I can see this increasing deaths because people arent going to pull over when they know this is coming.

glad I am all legit.

Aphrodite
Fri Apr 17th, 2009, 06:14 AM
The other day I was at the Conoco here in my neighborhood on Morrison road and Alameda and the Hispanic man on this thing that has wide tires and has a Briggs motor on it that says 6.6 looks like a mini dirtbike that they used to sell at PepBoys. Seen him on it riding no gear no rear lighting turn signal- nothing. I asked him if he knew that was illegal to be on the streets he responce was to me that he couldn't speak english. I just told him good luck and went inside to get my smokes.