PDA

View Full Version : Wow...can you send this many texts in a month?

Scribbler
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 03:05 AM
It boggles the mind how many txts a kid can send each day!

$4,700 TXTing bill (http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2009/04/08/dnt.wy.teen.text.bill.KUSA)

If those were my parents in the video (well shit, or if I were one of the parents), that little girl wouldn't be giggling in the interview. :banghead:

Tipys
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 06:40 AM
I send about 5000 text a month its easy to do. I had an ex that normally would send about 30,000 a month. Unlimited texting FTW

Devaclis
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 07:23 AM
I can see 3 thousand, but not 30k text a month.

2,592,000 seconds
43,200 minutes
720 hours
4 weeks (rounded down)

These numbers make up a roughly 30 day period. Unless she only took 13,200 minutes for herself then at the rate of 1 text per minute she would never sleep.

Tipys
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Her phone was always blowing up with texts. I saw the bill from that the 30,000. The rate was probly some where between 5-15 text pre minute. Full time student part time job all places where she could be on her phone. I was amazed cause my phone goes off alot IMO with only 5000 a month.

Devaclis
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Do you like FishSticks?

Mizzybeff
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 07:33 AM
my ex sends ALOT of text messages every day, but he also gets a ton texts a day. So when u average those too u can come up to 30k pretty easily. And then there r those mass forwards that can count as 1 text on my phone but on his each person is an individual text. (He sends a lot of forwards too)

Unlimited texting is a great thing

salsashark
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 07:35 AM
It boggles the mind how many txts a kid can send each day!

$4,700 TXTing bill (http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2009/04/08/dnt.wy.teen.text.bill.KUSA)

If those were my parents in the video (well shit, or if I were one of the parents), that little girl wouldn't be giggling in the interview. :banghead:

1. I don't think I've sent 10,000 texts in my life.

2. Knowing my parents, if it were me, I wouldn't be giggling or able to sit down!

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 08:09 AM
It boggles my mind how so many people talk about their texts in the thousands per month! I get tons of application notifications/texts/emails on my Blackberry and I doubt I even get 1000 of those all combined in a month's time.

I remember when people would poke fun at folks getting repetitive stress injuries from gaming system controllers....but from what I hear - texting is actually causing true stress injuries to people's thumbs..yeesh! lol

Tipys
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 08:19 AM
^^^ wrong its a work out for your thumbs

brennahm
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 08:29 AM
I turned texts off on my phone...I can't stand how people think it's rude to talk on their phone in front of a group of people but it's okay to sit there and play whack a mole with their phone while carrying on a conversation.

SaShWhO
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 08:34 AM
total text msg sent ever~~~~~~ZERO:alien:

MetaLord 9
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Eh, yeah I can see it. I certainly rack up my fair share of txts, especially when Girlie or I are out of town. But, (keep in mind I haven't watched the video) don't'cha think that the parents kinda saw this coming? I mean do you go from a regular $60/month cell phone bill to $4,700 in a single month? That's quite a leap...

McVaaahhh
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 08:52 AM
I loved the fact that the dad smashed the phone with a hammer.

I had text turned off for the longest time, but I found I was missing a lot of stuff because nobody knows how to use their phone to actually talk on it any more.

Text has it's uses, but it's way over-used if you ask me.

Ricky
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Do you like FishSticks?

I am a gay fish :lol:

Devaclis
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:00 AM
I receive over 250 work emails on my blackberry every day. Add to that the 40-50 texts I get and it is a lot of information to sift through. Now, I do not send nearly as many emails as texts as I receive but it does consume a great portion of my day.

The key is minimizing communication while still conveying your message. Some people suck. Some people use the wrong technology for communication. when you are sending 30k texts a month you should be CALLING your psychiatrist for help, not MESSAGING them.

Devaclis
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:01 AM

Man, I need the song in MP3!!!!

Shea
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Most people text though to avoid conversations. It's the impersonal nature of texting that is the allure.

Devaclis
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:03 AM
LOL
OMGH2U!
BRB
RUOK?
WAT?
BFF!
LUVYABI!

dirkterrell
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Do you like FishSticks?

http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

Dirk

Mizzybeff
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:40 AM
I think the most texts i've done r about 1600 in my in box and 1550 in my outbox in about a 2 wk time span. but I was haveing text fights and arguments alot at that time. Thank god for 2g built in memory i would be clearing my phone every day, more than once.

*just checked my ex's line and so far this billing cycle he has used 3,841 texts (thats in and out) I'm only at half that and my dad who is my 3rd line is at 5. :crazy:

eklew
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I turned texts off on my phone...I can't stand how people think it's rude to talk on their phone in front of a group of people but it's okay to sit there and play whack a mole with their phone while carrying on a conversation.

AMEN to that!

DevilsTonic
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I've sent close to 5000 in a month, but I have unlimited txt too....anyone that txts that month and doesn't have unlimited is a tard. Those parents deserve it for not keeping track of what their kid was doin.

AetasMutuo
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:42 AM
30,000 texts???

No one needs to text that much in a month... that is ridiculous.

Kanye says that he is a “F*cking Genius and the voice of a MotherF*cking generation.”

Devaclis
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:45 AM
No one needs to text that much in a month... that is ridiculous.

Kanye says that he is a “F*cking Genius and the voice of a MotherF*cking generation.”

haha please do not take this the wrong way but everytime I glance at your screen name, without reading it fully, it looks like it says "AssToMouth" LOL I have a Freudian sense if recollection I guess.

Ricky
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:51 AM
haha please do not take this the wrong way but everytime I glance at your screen name, without reading it fully, it looks like it says "AssToMouth" LOL I have a Freudian sense if recollection I guess.

lol, that made me think of
http://www.aaaai.org/patients/resources/medicationguide/images/clip_image002_0006.jpg

AetasMutuo
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 10:02 AM

Hahaha!!

That's interesting because loosely translated it means “you never go ass to mouth.”

dirkterrell
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 10:03 AM
lol, that made me think of
http://www.aaaai.org/patients/resources/medicationguide/images/clip_image002_0006.jpg

And then there's Aciphex...

Dirk

thatmofo
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Most people text though to avoid conversations. It's the impersonal nature of texting that is the allure.

Yep, because what guy in his right mind really wants to talk to a dude on the phone. It's the easiest way to keep the talkers and annoying mofos at bay. I will let my friends go to voice mail and then text them right after I listen to the message. I hate talking on the phone.

And for the mofos that say, "don't text me because I don't want to pay for texts." That's cool, send me an e-mail or wait until I'm on the messenger, I'm not calling you.

Exceptions are only made for cool and/or attractive ladies or family members.

YZFRydn
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I hate talking on the phone too. Plus it is easier to text to make plans while at work. I have sent 13,000 in one month. That was from a broken leg and being stuck at home with nothing else to do.

Dark Angel Gixxer 6
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 10:17 PM
My highest is 15,000 now I'm down to like 5000 haha