PDA

View Full Version : Compromise your rights

Shea
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 07:49 AM
So much for her pledge not to reinstate. Leave it to progressives to never leave a tragedy unused and a crisis not taken advantage of...

http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009/04/07/pelosi-pledges-compromise-on-assault-weapons-ban/

Who knew the 2nd Amendment is NOT a civil rights issue?

dirkterrell
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Not doing so well on the surveillance issues either:

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/04/obama-doj-worse-than-bush

I'm so surprised.

Dirk

Shea
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Not doing so well on the surveillance issues either:

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/04/obama-doj-worse-than-bush

I'm so surprised.

Dirk

It's change we can believe in brother

MikeG
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:37 AM
^^yes we can! ..what a joke
The only real change we can believe in is congressional term limits.

Devaclis
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:42 AM
On ha happier note, Kim was elected for a 3rd term. Why is he still not being deaded?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article6064382.ece

LOL Supreme Leader.

Shea
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:47 AM
On ha happier note, Kim was elected for a 3rd term. Why is he still not being deaded?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article6064382.ece

LOL Supreme Leader.

A unanimous vote too! He's such a great dear man. So ronrey though

Devaclis
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I hope someone pees in his Pho

Shea
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:54 AM
I hope someone pees in his Pho

Because if they peed in his Kimche he might not notice :)

Devaclis
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I bet he doesn't even shave his Kinche. All nappy and stuff.

Shea
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 10:07 AM
I bet he doesn't even shave his Kinche. All nappy and stuff.

Is that hair gel?

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg217/medli1/im_so_ronery04.jpg?t=1239293361

ZX9Rider
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 10:14 AM
So much for her pledge not to reinstate. Leave it to progressives to never leave a tragedy unused and a crisis not taken advantage of...

http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009/04/07/pelosi-pledges-compromise-on-assault-weapons-ban/

Who knew the 2nd Amendment is NOT a civil rights issue?

I always thought of the second amendment as a states right to form a malitia. But could never figure out why they put it in with the peoples bill of rights instead of the states bill of rights. Oh well their mistake is our benefit because now the lowest little peasant can own a gun no matter what.

Devaclis
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 10:17 AM
For now.

Shea
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I always thought of the second amendment as a states right to form a malitia. But could never figure out why they put it in with the peoples bill of rights instead of the states bill of rights. Oh well their mistake is our benefit because now the lowest little peasant can own a gun no matter what.

Given the nature of militia's back in the day, the ample evidence of their mindset in the various federalist papers and other writings, and the Supreme Court decisions stating that it is a personal right...I would say that it is a civil right.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"(The Constitution preserves) the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." -James Madison.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria

"...arms...discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. ...Horrid mischief would ensue were (the law-abiding) deprived the use of them." -Thomas Paine

"To disarm the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them..." -George Mason

But, then again, they were just old white guys...what did they know :)

Filo
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 11:00 AM
For f*cks sake, let it rest. You are all against the big O. You are pissed about your perceived rights erosion. We all get it. Vote against them if it bothers you. You will get the chance in less than 2 years. Until then, lets talk about motorcycles.

Shea (Gixxer2k) - your motorcycle is ghey. See, isn't that better?

:)

BTW - I am not saying these things should not be discussed. I am just saying I am tired of reading it on my motorcycle forum. You want guns on a MC forum? How about you post pictures of scantily clad women with firearms and motorcycles. I'll get into that.

dirkterrell
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 11:07 AM
For f*cks sake, let it rest. You are all against the big O. You are pissed about your perceived rights erosion. We all get it.

Well, I don't care much for politicians in general. I just dislike the hypocrisy of people who rail against one administration about certain things and then when another comes along promising hopenchange they sing their praises, only to find out that they do the same shit once they get elected.

Dirk

SaShWhO
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 11:07 AM
:applause:
For f*cks sake, let it rest. You are all against the big O. You are pissed about your perceived rights erosion. We all get it. Vote against them if it bothers you. You will get the chance in less than 2 years. Until then, lets talk about motorcycles.

:)

BTW - I am not saying these things should not be discussed. I am just saying I am tired of reading it on my motorcycle forum. You want guns on a MC forum? How about you post pictures of scantily clad women with firearms and motorcycles. I'll get into that.

Devaclis
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 11:10 AM
This is the GENERAL area of a MC forum. Post whatever the hell you want here.

There are MC specific areas too. Post your MC stuff there.

Filo
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 11:13 AM
This is the GENERAL area of a MC forum. Post whatever the hell you want here.

There are MC specific areas too. Post your MC stuff there.

Oh yeah Dana? Well your MC is ghey too.

Sorry I am just on the rag today. Too little sleep, too much stress. I have read your rantings about work and thought "Oh, Dana has an EASY job. Must be nice." And you of all people should post pics in this thread. How about a kitten on a MC with an AK? Got one of those in your files?

Shea
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 11:14 AM

No one forces you to read it. Don't like my posts, put me on ignore.

Great. Far better and more important then anything I will ever post.

Devaclis
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Oh yeah Dana? Well your MC is ghey too.

Sorry I am just on the rag today. Too little sleep, too much stress. I have read your rantings about work and thought "Oh, Dana has an EASY job. Must be nice." And you of all people should post pics in this thread. How about a kitten on a MC with an AK? Got one of those in your files?

Well, you are.....um. Hey, you, do you even ride? Your bike is smelly!

Filo
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 11:18 AM
No one forces you to read it. Don't like my posts, put me on ignore.

Nah, if I put you on ignore I have nothing to divert myself at work. And then what will I have to bitch about? I bitch therefore I am.

Oh and way to sidestep the "Very Important Issue" of your motorcycles "gheyness".

Shea
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Nah, if I put you on ignore I have nothing to divert myself at work. And then what will I have to bitch about? I bitch therefore I am.

Oh and way to sidestep the "Very Important Issue" of your motorcycles "gheyness".

Your perception of my choice in bike neither concerns me nor it is an issue I feel needs to be addressed. If you wish to opine on it, feel free.

ZX9Rider
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 12:14 PM
GSX-R's are gay. But at the same time they are sweet. So that just adds to their coolness and mystique.

Zach929rr
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 12:42 PM
How about a kitten on a MC with an AK? Got one of those in your files?

Best I could do : /

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg14/sharper_cuts/Harley_Davidson_Motorcycle_Kitten.jpg

ZX9Rider
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Here is an article I just ran across. It says that Polosi doesn't give a shit about the public she is just doing what her handlers tell her to do.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-2879-Austin-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m4d9-Nancy-Pelosi-Now-a-word-from-her-sponsors

Shea
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Here is an article I just ran across. It says that Polosi doesn't give a shit about the public she is just doing what her handlers tell her to do.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-2879-Austin-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m4d9-Nancy-Pelosi-Now-a-word-from-her-sponsors (http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-2879-Austin-Gun-Rights-Examiner%7Ey2009m4d9-Nancy-Pelosi-Now-a-word-from-her-sponsors)

Nothing to see here. Please return to your kittah pictures.

TFOGGuys
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Sumbuddy needs to beat that bitch to death with a fluffy bunny toy (PLEASE do NOT shoot her).

Thank you.

/public service announcement

Zach929rr
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 01:22 PM
(PLEASE do NOT shoot her).

Too quick? :D

Jason ON
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 07:33 PM
First of all, Shea, the Civil Rights Pelosi mentioned are regarding the people of D.C. being allowed a vote in Congress. However, I disagree with that "right." They are not a state and therefore do not get state's rights and if the people who live there want state's rights, then they could move to Maryland, Virginia or Penn.

Second of all, ALL publicly elected officials take contributions, even morally righteous Republicans. So, Pelosi took campaign money, big deal. And let's not forget that there is no such thing as the "law lobby." Lobbying is by it's very function is law-centric. And I'm not sure what the rules are in D.C., but most if not all states have a registry of lobbyists and many many lawyers are registered as lobbyists. That article is just someone's attempts to make a normal situation sound worse than it is.

ZX9Rider
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 08:10 PM
First of all, Shea, the Civil Rights Pelosi mentioned are regarding the people of D.C. being allowed a vote in Congress. However, I disagree with that "right." They are not a state and therefore do not get state's rights and if the people who live there want state's rights, then they could move to Maryland, Virginia or Penn.

Second of all, ALL publicly elected officials take contributions, even morally righteous Republicans. So, Pelosi took campaign money, big deal. And let's not forget that there is no such thing as the "law lobby." Lobbying is by it's very function is law-centric. And I'm not sure what the rules are in D.C., but most if not all states have a registry of lobbyists and many many lawyers are registered as lobbyists. That article is just someone's attempts to make a normal situation sound worse than it is.
So when she gets money from a law firm that is decontructing a right then its ok because they gave her money to get elected and she can change her mind from earlier this year when she wasn't going to push gun control? Its ok to stop DC from becoming a state as long as they can't own a gun?

ZX9Rider
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Too quick? :D
To good for her?

Shea
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 08:28 AM

Yes I know Jason (on both of your points). And I agree with your position on DC. It was set up as a non-voting, political district. The only people intended to live there were politicians from elsewhere. However, if we want to amend the Constitution in order to allow them a vote, we have a procedure to do that. Unfortunately I think they will just pass a law and call it constitutional.

However, my feeling is that Pelosi doesn't believe that owner a firearm is a civil right and makes that distinction (as most do in the argument). My issue is that, following the timeline, they are trying, exceptionally hard, to find cause to limit gun ownership. They tried the Mexico Gambit, and when found to be an utter lie, they let it go. Now we have some people losing it and killing innocents and now that is the pretext du jour.

Further, on your other point, yes all politicians take campaign contributions. However it telling who gives what to whom. Take Chris Dodd and AIG. They are all corrupt and gaming the system. Our system is broken and needs fundemental change in order to get back to a government of the people, for the people and by the people so it shall not perish from the Earth.