PDA

View Full Version : Big Thanks to Big-J!

Spiderman
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 03:32 PM
For helping me fix my car last night! Unplanned, unprovoked, and unselfishly.

As we were making our way to D&B last night, while waiting at a red light, we heard strange noises from the engine compartment, loud enough to be heard over the radio. We pulled into D&B with the Durango sounding very sick!

I open the hood to see this:
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/images/Spidey/idlerPulley.jpg

One of the pulleys had come apart, then the serpentine belt pulled the loose pulley up & into the alternator (grinding into the housing), and eventually, the belt popped off completely (Mike later explained that I seized the bearing on the idler pulley, and the bearing exploded, seperating itself from the pulley in the process).

Anyway, I'm looking at the above mess thinking "great, I'm Jon's designated driver and we're gonna be going home in a tow truck" and "how am I gonna get to work tomorrow (somebody said it might snow, so I can't take the bike)". I'm just about to close the hood, go inside, and let everything cool down (I figured the pulley grinding into the alternator was going to be pretty hot to the touch), when Big-J walks over, and after finding out what's going on, goes & gets his tools and starts tearing into it!

He gets the part off easy enough. I found a nearby Checkers & they had the part in stock, and Big-J drove me over to pick up the part, then helps me install it. Turns out the hardest part was creating slack for the serpentine belt - that tensioner pulley is a beotch!

Thanks again Jeremy! :up: I owe you one! :cheers:

SaShWhO
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I would have simply turned up the volume:music:

props to Big-J though

Devaclis
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Good save B-ig J :)

~Barn~
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Big-J's a keeper; good lookin' out!

He once solved this rear-window malfunction in his 4-Runner, in the most ingenious way. I'll have to let him tell you about it sometime.

MetaLord 9
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Nice job, J!

64BonnieLass
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Very cool. He's such a big ole sweetheart.

Glad to hear you were taken care of Bob.

rforsythe
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Nice job J!

He once solved this rear-window malfunction in his 4-Runner, in the most ingenious way. I'll have to let him tell you about it sometime.

All vehicle window malfunctions can be solved using either a rock or duct tape.

SaShWhO
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 04:49 PM
ahhhh.
Bob and J sitting in a Tree..............:slappers:

bulldog
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 07:47 AM
:321: I was totally there for moral support too!!! I even got my hands a bit dirty :lol:

Canuck
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Really cool Jeremy.
Props :up:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Right on Jeremy!!! you tha man!!!!

& Canuck...your signature is sick!!! :lol:

Spiderman
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 12:07 PM
:321: I was totally there for moral support too!!! I even got my hands a bit dirty :lol:
Ok, ok... thanks to Nate too, :roll: :lol: for his moral support, and, um, oh ya - the bright idea to take all the sockets that didn't fit out of the tool bag & put them onto the airbox (so J didn't keep picking them over and over again :lol: )

8)

bulldog
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Ok, ok... thanks to Nate too, :roll: for his moral support, and, um, oh ya - the bright idea to take all the sockets that didn't fit out of the tool bag & put them onto the airbox (so J didn't keep picking them over and over again :lol: )

8) Someone had to be the "brains" of the operation!!! Hey just glad it all got fixed for you; Big-J can be a good guy most of the time. :lol: