PDA

View Full Version : Group rides

antoniofosho636
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:13 PM
just looking for some people to ride with on the south end. went up 50 to cotopaxi today. canyon was pretty clear. awesome ride!!! but had to fly solo cause no one here in Canon seems to want to go through any twistys....

Tipys
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:17 PM
There will be more when the weather warms up. Jim Wallace is down there. A few of my favorite rides are 50 West of Canon and a bishops run.

phoenixr2
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:27 PM
lived here since 93 and still never been to Caņon city or bishops castle maybe we can meet up

R6biker122
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:28 PM
im down as soon as i get back from St. Louis this sunday.

Tipys
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Oh Dan your missing out on a great ride.

antoniofosho636
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:37 PM
sweet! yea there are some pretty sweet rides down here. im pretty new to riding and havent done much but just like 115 to springs and back down to bishops. and down through 50 to salida. thats all i really know. if there are some sweet rides up in springs and shit i would come up there too. it just sucks cause i cant find riders down here who wanna ride outta town. and anyone who hasnt done bishops ride is really missin out!

The Black Knight
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:43 PM
sweet! yea there are some pretty sweet rides down here. im pretty new to riding and havent done much but just like 115 to springs and back down to bishops. and down through 50 to salida. thats all i really know. if there are some sweet rides up in springs and shit i would come up there too. it just sucks cause i cant find riders down here who wanna ride outta town. and anyone who hasnt done bishops ride is really missin out!
A nice ride along with Bishop's is the way out of Bishop's to Colorado City. I loved that path but it sure gets boring once you get to Colorado City and then head to Pueblo. It's worth doing a couple times but you'll be hating life once on the freeway, it's just straight and endless.

Only nice thing about coming back from Colorado City to Pueblo was the group I was with was doing about 100mph+ and made great time. There's no one out there and you can just sing along. Flat and straight and can see forever. Once in Pueblo you've got to stop and rest though. Then I25 back North to the Springs is super boring.

It's a nice loop though but it's give and take. Excellent riding from Penrose to Bishop's and Colorado City. Then you pay for it on the way home...

Tipys
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:47 PM
We head that way quite a bit. There are some good rides up here just look for when someone posts something. You got this guy
jimwallace (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/member.php?u=2813)
Yearly Supporter

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/customavatars/avatar2813_1.gif (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/member.php?u=2813)

In canon right there with ya.

antoniofosho636
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:53 PM
sweet! ill see if i can find this guy. and i will keep my eyes open for rides. i wanna try and go to all the awesome rides here in colorado this summer. ive lived here my whole life (20 years) and never really been anywhere but here springs and denver. so i figured what better way to really see the rockies but on my 636. any of you guys ride 2 up? my girl likes to ride with me sometimes... just curious

R6biker122
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 09:56 PM
of course dude. I just did a ride on 4-7-09 and brought the girl im dating with me. :)

antoniofosho636
Thu Apr 9th, 2009, 10:02 PM
nice. well hope to meet up with alot of you guys and hit up some clear canyons soon!

Brat
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 02:06 AM
do you ride dirtbikes in canon by chance? or just street?

Tipys
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Brat do you see the 636 in his sig? cause I would say street.

antoniofosho636
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 08:50 AM
do you ride dirtbikes in canon by chance? or just street?

well me and my girlfriend screw around out at her house :hump: ha but seriously we screw around on a little 100 and a 50 out at her house. she lives out buy the royal gorge. they used to have a pretty sweet place to ride dirt here at the bottom of skyline but the city closed that shit off. pretty lame if you ask me...

anyways i dont know if that really counts Brat. so i pretty much just ride street.

Brat
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 11:17 AM
well tipys, a kid down there backflipped last sunday the 5th on my bday. i was wondering if this was him. that is why i asked.

Tipys
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Ya I know I'm just giving you shit

modette99
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 02:45 PM

Use my site or forum to help you find good roads, I find I have my forum set up better with the pictures and a few videos (more to come).
www.cowrw.com

67 to Deckers is always a blast (watch out for the decreasing radius).
126 from Deckers to 285 is nice
US24 can be nice but has cops
67 to Cripple Creek is nice
81 Loop to Victor back to Cripple Creek is nice too

There are tons of nice roads if you look for them. One of my favorites is West out of Cripple Creek on 1 to 11 west to 9 (just watch for the cattle guard signs).

Zach929rr
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 06:37 PM
of course dude. I just did a ride on 4-7-09 and brought the girl im dating with me. :)

Yeah... thankfully she looks like she weighs all of 70 pounds soaking wet :D

R6biker122
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 11:22 PM
l^^^ lol I know lucky me. Easy on the wrists and bike. :D

Zach929rr
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 11:29 PM
:spit:

modette99
Sat Apr 11th, 2009, 01:58 PM
just looking for some people to ride with on the south end. went up 50 to cotopaxi today. canyon was pretty clear. awesome ride!!! but had to fly solo cause no one here in Canon seems to want to go through any twistys....

Oh, hit me up...I'll meet up with you and ride. I'm available to ride anytime I'm in town, which is 99.9% of the time.

antoniofosho636
Sat Apr 11th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Oh, hit me up...I'll meet up with you and ride. I'm available to ride anytime I'm in town, which is 99.9% of the time.

i sent you a message. dont know if it worked... anyways we will definitly have to hit up some twistys this summer! anyone else you can get to come out would be sweet. fo sho

modette99
Sat Apr 11th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Got the Message...not having to work I obviously ride a lot. Something like 18K miles last year. And to think when I was in MI I was sick of riding all the flat roads, and only kept the bike because I owned it out right. I think the wife was using hers more then to commute to work on (3 miles each way) then I was.

Brat
Sat Apr 11th, 2009, 09:47 PM
been doing some dirt bike stuff in canon. i plan on riding the tl down there more this week.