PDA

View Full Version : DATE CHANGE - THE NOOB RIDE!!! - Sunday May 17

McVaaahhh
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 10:34 AM
*****POSTPONED TO MAY 17*****

It's time for the annual noob ride.

For those that don't know, there's a couple of reasons we put this ride on every year:

1) Introduce new members of the club to old members of the club.
2) Introduce anybody to group riding
3) Give people that are new to riding the opportunity to ride at their own level and not feel pressured to "keep up". At the same time these newer riders will hopefully learn a little something from the more experienced riders.

Anybody is welcome to join in on this ride, but I'm going to say this several times between now and then. THIS IS A SLOW-PACED RIDE. If you simply can't handle going at or below the speed limit this ride is NOT for you. There will not be slow/medium/fast groups on this ride. All groups will be at a slow pace. Remember the purpose of the ride.

Gear is required! At the minimum you need helmet, jacket and gloves. This includes passengers as well. If you show up with your helmet strapped to the tail of your bike I'm going to ask you to skip this ride. :squid:

FOR THE LADIES
Sully is going to lead a ladies only group ( aka the boob ride :boobies: ) So if you're a bit nervous about being mixed in with all the crazy guys, hit up Sully. Same time, same place.
***By no means does this mean you have to, or should ride in Sully's group if you're of the fairer gender. It's only an option.

Details:

Sunday May 17
Time: Pre-ride at 9:45, leaving at 10:00
You need to be ready to go before 9:45. That means gassed up and ready to roll. First group will roll out at 10:00am and no we're not waiting for you because you're nursing a hangover or got up late or forgot gas or whatever.

Start: Morrison Conoco (Northwest Corner of C-470 and Morrison Road)
16283 Morrison Rd, Morrison, CO
Route: Will be shared with everyone during the pre-ride.
End: The ride will end at Gibby's in Aurora for the MotoGP event put on by youngblood. More info on that can be found here: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29966

Please post up if you plan on attending.

I look forward to seeing you all at this! :up:

We'll need several leaders and sweepers as we tend to get over 50 bikes involved in this ride and need to split into groups of about 8. If you can lead or sweep please post up and PM me.

Expectations for leads:
As a lead it is your job to keep the pace for your entire group. For this ride that will be at the speed limit, not over.
Passing - Don't plan on any passing for this ride, certainly not any double-yellow passes. On the noob ride each group of 8 or so bikes should remain together.
Hand signals - Leaders should know basic hand signals for pointing out hazards on the roads as well as directional signals

Expectations for sweeps:
Communicate with the leader about any problems you see with the group. No jackassing about on this ride, if you see somebody being a jackass then you and your lead should talk to them and let them know their behavior is inappropriate. Feel free to get me or others involved if necessary.
Keep an eye on the true noobs (i.e. new to motorcycles) and give them advice about their riding.
You will be one of the first people to a downed rider, or a rider with a mechanical problem. You need to know how to handle that.

Leads/Sweeps:
Metalord
Matty
Carrie
Jason
Raparee
slo1299

Sweeps Only:
Bandido
Greg

Pics from last years event (thanks Sue)

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff179/CBRSue/Noob%20Ride%20May%2018th/CIMG5393.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff179/CBRSue/Noob%20Ride%20May%2018th/CIMG5410.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff179/CBRSue/Noob%20Ride%20May%2018th/CIMG5399.jpg

More here: http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/f...view=slideshow (http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff179/CBRSue/Noob%20Ride%20May%2018th/?albumview=slideshow)

MetaLord 9
Fri Apr 10th, 2009, 10:38 AM
It would also help if you've got your license with proper endorsement and your insurance up to date too.

I'm in Brian. I can sweep for sure, lead if neccessary

mtnairlover
Sat Apr 11th, 2009, 12:52 PM
For those in the Greeley, Loveland, FoCo areas, we'll get something going in a little bit.

In the past, us Northern peeps have met up in a different spot instead of MoCo. For those of us up in FoCo and Loveland, that's a 65-mile ride just to get there going the superslab way...so, we've done our own n00b ride and met up with the southern folks along the way.

If you all are game, then we'll organize the ride for the Northern crew and meet up at Gibby's with everyone else, when we've done our own ride. No one is obligated to meet up with the Northern crew, though.

I'm gonna post up more specifics in the Northern regional forum a little later, but just thought I'd answer a question or two.

Either way, this is a good time.:)

rybo
Sun Apr 12th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Hey all,

I did some "pruning" in here to make the noob ride the highlight of this thread.

For years someone has stepped up and taken ownership of the noob ride and I personally thank Brian for taking it on the last couple of years. That being said, lets not clutter up this thread with random stuff. For that I've created a new thread that should be pretty easy to find.

Thanks

s

Sortarican
Mon Apr 13th, 2009, 01:11 PM
For the few that may not have read this before, here's a link to "The Pace".
An article written years ago regarding group ride technique and etiquette:
http://www.canyonchasers.net/reference/the_pace.php
(Sorry if it's already on one of the related threads.)

Also,
Might work to have a Northern/Metro/Southern groups leave from local meeting points and all meet up somewhere west of metro.
Maybe Blackhawk or Deckers.
Might be hard to get a decent loop for the metros and still meet up west of town, but just an idea.

Sounds like you'll have plenty of leads/sweeps, but if you come up short let me know Brian.
Else I'll probably just meet you guys at the mid break area or Gibby's after.

MetaLord 9
Mon Apr 20th, 2009, 09:01 AM
A REMINDER:

For those that don't know, there's a couple of reasons we put this ride on every year:

1) Introduce new members of the club to old members of the club.
2) Introduce anybody to group riding
3) Give people that are new to riding the opportunity to ride at their own level and not feel pressured to "keep up". At the same time these newer riders will hopefully learn a little something from the more experienced riders.

Anybody is welcome to join in on this ride, but I'm going to say this several times between now and then. THIS IS A SLOW-PACED RIDE. If you simply can't handle going at or below the speed limit this ride is NOT for you. There will not be slow/medium/fast groups on this ride. All groups will be at a slow pace. Remember the purpose of the ride.

As Matty said previously, this ride is for those who are n00bs to riding in general, those who are new to riding in the canyons, and those who are n00bs to the board and the group. That said, all are welcome to join, but if you're new to the group then leading or sweeping this particular ride is probably something that you will want to think about next year after we've all had a few more great times together.

McVaaahhh
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 11:09 AM
We may have to reschedule this ride due to weather. Right now the forecast for Sunday is for 63 with possible showers. If this changes to the south me may reshedule for two weeks later (5/17). I will make a decision on Friday if the forecast gets much worse, but I'm hopeful that it improves. :up:

Safety is the #1 priority for this ride, and I don't feel that a cold, rainy day with potentially a lot of sand on the roads is appropriate conditions for the Noob ride.

Let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

Thanks,
Brian

Mizzybeff
Mon Apr 27th, 2009, 09:37 PM
u know if this changes to the 17th i might actually be able to go. :shocked:

Luv2ride
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 03:22 PM
New to the club, def in weather permitting

iLiam
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Hey guys, new to the club. Excited to meet all of you, I'm down weather permitting. Here's hoping.

McVaaahhh
Tue Apr 28th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the report Matty. I rode it last week and it was fairly clean, except for the section that you mentioned. I think as of right now it's good to go for the noob ride, but we'll see what the weather does. :cheers:

64BonnieLass
Thu Apr 30th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Its going to be a little chilly in the canyons...Not only req'd items...but better to layer and unlayer than freeze your ass off. A backlava possibly, glove liners, an Extra layers under your jacket. At 10ish by no means is it going to be high 60's. Especially up there. Sully, TImmay, and I rode to Evergreen the other day and no lie was a little chill.

I'm excited to meet the noobs..and hope you all have a great time!

Absolutely!! Dress appropriately for sure. Remember guys, it's only April/May. At altitude it gets mighty chilly and quite quickly, especially should the weather change mid ride. cover your ass. Better to shed layers then to need what you don't have. Be thoughtful of Colorado weather.

McVaaahhh
Fri May 1st, 2009, 10:39 AM
***Date has now changed to Sunday May 17. Two weeks later.

I have made this decision for safety reasons only.

I want the NOOBs to have as enjoyable experience as possible and I feel as though adverse weather and road conditions will take away from that.

I apologize to those that may not be able to make the NOOB ride now that it has been rescheduled, however I believe that my decision is in the best interest of the group as a whole. I feel personally responsible for this ride and its participants and want to minimize the risk as much as possible.

Thanks,
Brian

TFOGGuys
Fri May 1st, 2009, 10:52 AM
***Date has now changed to Sunday May 17. Two weeks later.

I have made this decision for safety reasons only.

I want the NOOBs to have as enjoyable experience as possible and I feel as though adverse weather and road conditions will take away from that.

I apologize to those that may not be able to make the NOOB ride now that it has been rescheduled, however I believe that my decision is in the best interest of the group as a whole. I feel personally responsible for this ride and its participants and want to minimize the risk as much as possible.

Thanks,
Brian

Prolly a good call....sorry I'm gonna miss the 17th

Mizzybeff
Fri May 1st, 2009, 10:53 AM
I can actually go on this now! woohoo!

SumoWeezle
Fri May 1st, 2009, 10:54 AM
I'm still in for the 17th. Actually works out better for me. As always i can lead / sweep if needed.

Reyven
Fri May 1st, 2009, 11:03 AM
Still in for 2 of us on the 17th :)

Horsman
Fri May 1st, 2009, 11:06 AM
Atleast it gives me time to put my bike back together... Round peg goes into square hole... :)

rybo
Fri May 1st, 2009, 11:49 AM
I did some pruning again to keep this on topic.

Since the date has changed I figured most of the meet ups and such would change as well. This thread should all be related to the 17th now.

Thanks

Scott

= Buckeye Jess =
Fri May 1st, 2009, 11:49 AM
Horsman dude....I'm entirely unsure of what to think about your new avatar and line! lol

Anyhoo... I'll be home for the new ride date - so I'm there! YAY!!

MetaLord 9
Fri May 1st, 2009, 11:55 AM
"some pruning" in the form of 3-4 pages :lol:

Slo
Fri May 1st, 2009, 11:57 AM
I am still in.....

Nick_Ninja
Fri May 1st, 2009, 11:58 AM
I did some pruning again to keep this on topic.

Since the date has changed I figured most of the meet ups and such would change as well. This thread should all be related to the 17th now.

Thanks

Scott

My requirements for pillion still stand. :down:

Snowman
Fri May 1st, 2009, 12:02 PM
I'm there.. again

OUTLAWD
Fri May 1st, 2009, 12:12 PM
I'm out...conference in DC that weekend

MetaLord 9
Fri May 1st, 2009, 01:32 PM
Still in here

Horsman
Fri May 1st, 2009, 01:32 PM
Still here

like a bad hang-over...

Gainer
Fri May 1st, 2009, 01:38 PM
Good call Brian. I am still in for the 17th.

GregsGSXR
Fri May 1st, 2009, 01:53 PM
Still in, still sweep if you need me to.

McVaaahhh
Fri May 1st, 2009, 01:56 PM
Nick and Pandora - Could you two take it elsewhere?

Thanks! :up:

McVaaahhh
Fri May 1st, 2009, 04:45 PM
If you're looking for posts that were cleaned out of this thread, they can be found here:
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31340

Jason ON
Fri May 1st, 2009, 05:23 PM
Barring any changes between now and then, I'm in for the 17th.

mastap07
Fri May 1st, 2009, 05:32 PM
good for you... now will you be riding for this event????

Barring any changes between now and then, I'm in for the 17th.

BondiBeach
Fri May 1st, 2009, 05:35 PM
I can lead or sweep. I'm down.

sprtbkbabe
Fri May 1st, 2009, 08:44 PM
Damn, no can do the 17th... got a bicycle ride in Loveland.

I'll let Sul bring my n00b along on this one. :up:

KawikaO.
Sat May 2nd, 2009, 01:16 AM
I just wanted to say thanks for the help guys. I guess i'll just have to see if i'm up for that long of a ride. hopefully i am; it'd be great to meet some of you guys instead of riding solo all the time.

also, sully, i'm a guy. i get that a lot cause of my name.

SaShWhO
Sat May 2nd, 2009, 10:16 AM
FYI

The 17th also marks the "Estes Park ride" sponsored by our friends @Gran Prix Motorsports.
so long the weather does not interject yet again there ought to be a ton o bikes on the road that day.
Sure am bummed that I'll be missing all the fun:cry:

Jason ON
Mon May 4th, 2009, 11:09 PM
good for you... now will you be riding for this event????

You're an on R6, so I figured I'd just jog along beside you. :D

McVaaahhh
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:02 PM
As some people drop out or can now make it, I need to re-ask for volunteers for group leads and sweeps.

Please see the first post for expectations of leads and sweeps.

Also, you can't be new to riding, or to the board. :up:

Thanks,
Brian

Zach929rr
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Brian, still willing to lead for ya if you would like.

Zach

Ceez
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:13 PM
I would like to stay in the middle....I am the type that likes to be held and feel safe!!:slappers:

Zach929rr
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Imma make you the meat, boy.

Ceez
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Just as long as the balls dont touch...

XJ600s
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Can I be the bacon! I promise I don't have the pigfloo!!! :yumyum:

I should be able to make it barring any major complications.

Matty
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Brian i should still be there.

bandido
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Brian I can sweep

BondiBeach
Tue May 5th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Lead or Sweep which ever you need me.

Matty
Tue May 5th, 2009, 10:10 PM

Thanks,
Brian

Nothing against the n00bs, but you guys need to learn how to read.

Then again since the date changed a lot of people as Brian mentioned might be out. Therefore the possiblity of losing Leads/Sweeps. Awh... forget it, Brian will figure it out.

Zach929rr
Tue May 5th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Bleargghhh

Jason ON
Tue May 5th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Hey Brian,

I can lead or sweep, however I prefer to sweep.

GixxerCarrie
Wed May 6th, 2009, 05:38 AM
I'm still in also.

MetaLord 9
Wed May 6th, 2009, 07:23 AM
I'm still down like a clown Charlie Brown for whatever you had me lead/sweep/look pretty/whatev.

Violator
Wed May 6th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I am in..

asp_125
Wed May 6th, 2009, 10:24 AM
So is the route unchanged or are there plans to meet up with us Northies?

Bruizza
Wed May 6th, 2009, 10:32 AM
I may be in for this ride.

McVaaahhh
Wed May 6th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Route is still the same.

Sully
Wed May 6th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I'm down like 4 flat tires

SaShWhO
Wed May 6th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I'm down like 4 flat tires

cager at heart I see:no:

Pitbull303
Wed May 6th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I'm in on this ride.. Me and another so count 2 in here

Sully
Wed May 6th, 2009, 12:56 PM
cager at heart I see:no:

no, those were my back ups, they were flat too.. :p

McVaaahhh
Wed May 6th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Sully, you still going to lead the :boobies: ride?

Sully
Wed May 6th, 2009, 01:21 PM
:yes: If the ladies want me to.

GixxerCarrie
Wed May 6th, 2009, 01:22 PM
:yes: If the ladies want me to.

HELLZ YA!:)

Horsman
Wed May 6th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I'm in...

Nick_Ninja
Wed May 6th, 2009, 02:33 PM
In after Steamboat.....

KawikaO.
Wed May 6th, 2009, 08:05 PM
i've been going out for some short rides so i might be able to come to this :hump:

Wyck
Thu May 7th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I'm still in but speaking of tires baby needs new shoes first...

pauliep
Thu May 7th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Sucks when I work on the weekends when all the cool events go down :(

Schex
Thu May 7th, 2009, 01:01 PM
First time riding in a group. Really looking forward to this. I picked up my first bike in '07 it is an '06 Honda VFR800. Can't wait to meet the other members.

SaShWhO
Thu May 7th, 2009, 01:47 PM
thought for the day for May17th
ride well riders.

DK74
Fri May 8th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I'm in.

CaneZach
Sat May 9th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Count me in. I'm not new to riding, but I'm new to the board. Sounds like a good way to meet some new peeps.

Also, if anyone from south of the Denver area wants to meet up and group ride up, let me know.

matt2778
Sat May 9th, 2009, 11:14 PM
As some people drop out or can now make it, I need to re-ask for volunteers for group leads and sweeps.

Thanks,
Brian

How new is new to riding?

Aphrodite
Tue May 12th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Still in.

MetaLord 9
Tue May 12th, 2009, 07:35 AM
How new is new to riding?
I'd put it at less than a year on the bike and less than 5k miles on it. But I still wouldn't want to follow a lead or be swept by someone at 1 year & 1 day, or 5,0001 miles tho...

Slo
Tue May 12th, 2009, 08:27 AM
This is Brians ride he is putting together, however, if you haven't lead or swept a "significant" ride, I wouldn't volunteer for this one. Leading or sweeping a ride with a couple buddy's doesn't really count either.

Speedwagon
Tue May 12th, 2009, 08:56 AM
I should be in on this.

1.3V8KILLER
Tue May 12th, 2009, 10:35 PM
im in. the 400 is running pretty good, should be fun.

Nick_Ninja
Wed May 13th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Might miss this one. Need to fly to NYC and rescue a family member and bring her back to CO. If yo see me then it is obviously a GO. Who the fuck knows???

SailorMeff
Wed May 13th, 2009, 01:31 AM
I'm in... not that anyone know who I am :D

twistycat
Wed May 13th, 2009, 05:35 AM
Hi, I joined this forum about a year ago. I moved to Colorado in September of last year. I want to ride with the group on Sunday. I am looking forward to meeting some of the local bikers. I live in Thornton, so I was wondering if any of the members are meeting around this area before the meet-up.

Ceez
Wed May 13th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Hi, I joined this forum about a year ago. I moved to Colorado in September of last year. I want to ride with the group on Sunday. I am looking forward to meeting some of the local bikers. I live in Thornton, so I was wondering if any of the members are meeting around this area before the meet-up.

Welcome, Northies will be meeting at 8am at the Conoco off of 120th and I25 to ride down and meet with the rest of the gang at Moco.

See this thread
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30792&page=2

asp_125
Wed May 13th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Welcome, North Central will be meeting at 8am at the Conoco off of 120th and I25 to ride down and meet with the rest of the gang at Moco.

See this thread
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30792&page=2

Fixered...

Devaclis
Wed May 13th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I have read this thread.

Sleev
Wed May 13th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I'm eeen!

twistycat
Thu May 14th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Thanks for letting me know where to meet. I am so looking forward to this ride. It has been almost a year since I have done the twisties. See you on Sunday @ 8:00 am. :)

noskills
Thu May 14th, 2009, 02:32 PM
End: The ride will end at Gibby's in Aurora for the MotoGP event put on by youngblood. More info on that can be found here: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29966

Is there a new plan on and ending? Not sure where I will end up, just wondering if something cool is happening.

Sully
Thu May 14th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Gibby's is still going on and will be the n00b rides' final destination :)

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31684&highlight=gibbys

Darkside
Thu May 14th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Im in.

Sweetie Pie
Thu May 14th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I'm in. See you Sunday!

lowRPM
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:12 PM
hi all . . . new to your group and denver. will show up with my friend 'violator.' looking forward to meeting all and learning.

CELO
Thu May 14th, 2009, 09:51 PM
a sully, just courious... are you a northie or southie?

Slo
Fri May 15th, 2009, 07:55 AM
hi all . . . new to your group and denver. will show up with my friend 'violator.' looking forward to meeting all and learning.

Great which side of town you live on? See you on Sunday.

Sean
Fri May 15th, 2009, 07:57 AM
a sully, just courious... are you a northie or southie?Sully is everywhere.....that's all you need to know. :shocked:

MetaLord 9
Fri May 15th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Sully's Bi. She's both northie & southie.

Slo
Fri May 15th, 2009, 08:01 AM

True, she likes it from both ends :shocked:

Krafty-1
Fri May 15th, 2009, 08:02 AM
I should be in. Probably meet up with the northies.

Sully
Fri May 15th, 2009, 08:36 AM

True, she likes it from both ends :shocked:

:wtf: :shocked::wtf: :shocked:

Bebop
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:09 AM
I'm in. If I don't have to work on Sunday. Dang Architects

Horsman
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:20 AM
I think she likes to start from the North and work her way to the South.

Gainer
Fri May 15th, 2009, 10:54 AM
I am still in for this, looking forward to it.

Violator
Fri May 15th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Planning to take off from Aurora to MOCO from I225 and Illiff Phillips 66 gas station....

Sully
Fri May 15th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Violator - A few of us are meeting at the Starbucks off of Parker just west of Peoria around 8:30 am if you want to ride out with us.

Slo
Fri May 15th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Planning to take off from Aurora to MOCO from I225 and Illiff Phillips 66 gas station....

edited.....meeting at starbucks off parker

Violator
Fri May 15th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Slo - Sully offering Starbucks off of Parker just west of Peoria, I think its good idea cause its sheety work road going on on I225 and Illiff? what do you think?
http://www.eboxlab.com/ride.jpg

Horsman
Fri May 15th, 2009, 11:51 AM
This how Sully will get there....
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/ride.jpg

Sully
Fri May 15th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks Horsman, I will get my pre-pre-n00b ride in, and it will only take me 3 minutes to cover that route !

Violator
Fri May 15th, 2009, 12:46 PM
This how Sully will get there....
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/4Horsman/ride.jpg

I see the horses in red path :shocked:

bren29
Fri May 15th, 2009, 03:08 PM
I'd love to go, but no sitter this weekend unfortunatly. Hopefully next time

Riverdog
Sat May 16th, 2009, 01:27 AM
I am in. See you all there.

sergio
Sat May 16th, 2009, 02:17 AM
I will be there, if you need another sweeper Brian, I would be happy to do it. I have experience sweeping, leading on the other hand is a lost group waiting to happen when I'm doing it.

Troy.N
Sat May 16th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Is there anyone that I can meet near by? or should I just ride to MOCO?

Matty
Sat May 16th, 2009, 09:02 AM

If you let me ride your bikes i'll meet up with ya!!!

Slo
Sat May 16th, 2009, 09:06 AM

+1, I'm not picky with your choices either!!!

Reyven
Sat May 16th, 2009, 11:26 AM
I've looked and I cant find my answer, so maybe I didnt look hard enough :dunno: What time is the meeting at 120th, is there still one?

Troy.N
Sat May 16th, 2009, 12:16 PM

LOL... if you can tell me a GOOD JOKE!!! then maybe I'll let you ride it.

vtr100fguy
Sat May 16th, 2009, 12:29 PM
deffinitly going to try to make it looking forward to meating some cool people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scramble:

Ceez
Sat May 16th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I've looked and I cant find my answer, so maybe I didnt look hard enough :dunno: What time is the meeting at 120th, is there still one?

Meeting at 8am at NoCo on 120th. KSU at 830.

Mizzybeff
Sat May 16th, 2009, 12:43 PM
meeting at 120th is still happening, I think 8 check with sumo send him a pm :)

KawikaO.
Sat May 16th, 2009, 12:44 PM
is there anyone thats near alameda and union that wants to meet up? i know its pretty close but was just wondering.

Aphrodite
Sat May 16th, 2009, 01:42 PM
is there anyone thats near alameda and union that wants to meet up? i know its pretty close but was just wondering.

I am basically Alameda and Sheridan and riding up North for the ride @ 7:30A

Sleev
Sat May 16th, 2009, 02:25 PM

I'm near Quebec and C470 if you want to meet up. King Soopers on Quebec would be good, or if you want to chow down 1st we can hit up La Peep at County Line and Quebec.

= Buckeye Jess =
Sat May 16th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I'm near Quebec and C470 if you want to meet up. King Soopers on Quebec would be good, or if you want to chow down 1st we can hit up La Peep at County Line and Quebec.
Ohh...I've never gotten to eat there before and always wanted to try it out! What time are you thinking of getting there? I work until 1AM, so I'll be in dire need of coffee! lol

eric303
Sat May 16th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Count me in.

Mel
Sat May 16th, 2009, 06:02 PM
mmmm chow....if you guys are doing breakfast first, lemme know and I'll see if I can make it too. :-)

Troy.N
Sat May 16th, 2009, 06:22 PM

Not really familiar with that area, but I'll manage to find it.

Snowman
Sat May 16th, 2009, 06:49 PM
See the lengths your leaders are willing to go to scout a route for the Noob ride...
http://rapidferretracing.com/Motorcycles/Colorado_Sportbike_Club/Images/2009-05-16_Ride/2009-05-16_Ride-1.jpg

Sean
Sat May 16th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Who is the tool in the new Icon jacket? :lol:

Sleev
Sat May 16th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Ohh...I've never gotten to eat there before and always wanted to try it out! What time are you thinking of getting there? I work until 1AM, so I'll be in dire need of coffee! lol

Not really familiar with that area, but I'll manage to find it.

Y, the food's good and they have a coffee bar. I'll be there @ 8:30ish and hit the road bout 9:30. Tons of gas stations at the intersection if you want to fuel up there too.

damn, free food (and a map):

http://maps.google.com/coupons/page?did=0_10874113002944220363&oi=ms_allcoup&sa=X&resnum=0&hl=en

= Buckeye Jess =
Sat May 16th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Cool cool.... I'll certainly try to make it there at 0830, but may have to skip it if we don't get out of here until real late.

Pandora-11
Sat May 16th, 2009, 08:33 PM
:cry::cry:

pr0f1tslay3r
Sat May 16th, 2009, 08:49 PM
oh sweet haven't been on here for a while, I'm in, went all day today, a little sand in the mt's but nothing to worry about for a n00b ride

chupale #169 Matt Henning
Sat May 16th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I'm in like flin, what ever that is. But I am totaly in.:)

Snowman
Sat May 16th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I'm in like flin, what ever that is. But I am totaly in.:)
In like Flynn

To be quickly and/or emphatically successful, usually in a sexual or romantic context. It refers to the actor Errol Flynn and the way he was able to pick up women so easily.

Cap'n Crunch
Sat May 16th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Then count me in like Flynn, also

jaredm85
Sat May 16th, 2009, 09:34 PM
ill be there!

Sleev
Sat May 16th, 2009, 10:08 PM
See the lengths your leaders are willing to go to scout a route for the Noob ride...
http://rapidferretracing.com/Motorcycles/Colorado_Sportbike_Club/Images/2009-05-16_Ride/2009-05-16_Ride-1.jpg

soo who got the ticket(s)?

Cars-R-Coffins
Sat May 16th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Tickets? Nah... the deputy was just helping CSC plan the nOOb ride :bananna:

Sleev
Sat May 16th, 2009, 11:22 PM
at least we have a good idea of where to expect him

dsdom
Sun May 17th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Wow I really wish I could make this ride. I'm new to the area (currently living in highlands ranch) and have been looking for some guys to ride with. I just found this forum yesterday, unfortunately because I broke a couple vertebrae riding motocross at Watkins last weekend. :(

Should be back in 4-6 weeks so hopefully I'll be able to make some summer rides.

DK74
Sun May 17th, 2009, 02:31 AM
damn dsdom, hope you get better soon. welcome to the board.

w_barraza
Sun May 17th, 2009, 07:27 AM
I'm pretty excited to ride and meet with everybody. Old and new faces! I can't wait see all the beautiful bikes out and about! See ya in a few hours.

Foolds
Sun May 17th, 2009, 07:29 AM
I'm out waas up half the night with a sick dog

willb003
Sun May 17th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Great meeting all you newbs, thanks all for putting together and leading and sweeping and such. How many bikes showed up?

brennahm
Sun May 17th, 2009, 03:49 PM
More pics for those of us that couldn't make it?

Reyven
Sun May 17th, 2009, 04:28 PM
great to meet everyone, awesome day :yay:

SumoWeezle
Sun May 17th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Awesome ride guys! Great turn out from the NoCo folks as usual! :) Lookin forward to lots more rides this summer!

Zach929rr
Sun May 17th, 2009, 05:04 PM
That appears to be a lot of people. Approx. head count?

SailorMeff
Sun May 17th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I heard the number 90 more then once.

Cap'n Crunch
Sun May 17th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Good Times. Thanks for setting this up McVahhhhh.

Snowman
Sun May 17th, 2009, 05:46 PM
http://rapidferretracing.com/Motorcycles/Colorado_Sportbike_Club/Images/2009-05-17_Ride/2009-05-17_Ride-1.jpg

R6Blake101
Sun May 17th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Great ride... Good job Brian:yay:

Zach929rr
Sun May 17th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Holy smokes that's a big group.

pr0f1tslay3r
Sun May 17th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Goodtimes, slow and hot but what a turnout...
http://i41.tinypic.com/mip0k0.jpghttp://i44.tinypic.com/2zf7c69.jpghttp://i39.tinypic.com/2ajhxx.jpg

Ceez
Sun May 17th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Good times everyone. Great meeting some new people and seeing some old faces. Thanks Brian and all the lead and sweeps for a safe, slow paced ride. Cant wait to see more pics.

Now...off to my job to work 12 hours.

Mizzybeff
Sun May 17th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Amazing ride today! Thanx everyone (especially Chris) for making my first ride GREAT! :)

G35CO
Sun May 17th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Great ride, thank you to all the people that organize it

THE3BS
Sun May 17th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Just wanna say thanks to all those who put a lot of time and effort into making this ride possible. It was a great time and I got to meet some cool people I look forward to riding with in the future.

GixxerCarrie
Sun May 17th, 2009, 09:34 PM
More Pics...http://s586.photobucket.com/albums/ss306/GixxerCarrie/NoobRIde/

Tipys
Sun May 17th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Carrie I knew it your a witch!!

GixxerCarrie
Sun May 17th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Carrie I knew it your a witch!!

Huh? I don't get what you mean?

What happened to you? I saw you once in the morning then never again!

Tipys
Sun May 17th, 2009, 10:21 PM
^^^I was talking about seeing you in the pics that you posted. I thought you took those pictures and there was no way you could unless your a witch.

And we only stopped by some of the group stayed and rode with you all. We on the other hand headed north to meet the northies and have some above the speed limit fun.

thatmofo
Sun May 17th, 2009, 10:27 PM
More Pics...http://s586.photobucket.com/albums/ss306/GixxerCarrie/NoobRIde/

There's always one in the bunch!

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss306/GixxerCarrie/NoobRIde/DSC02092.jpg

Tipys
Sun May 17th, 2009, 10:31 PM
^^Dont worry I dont even think that guy has a bike.

Stank Juic3
Sun May 17th, 2009, 10:32 PM
^^^ me and my bike in the same picture. Shoulda got my good side.

Zach929rr
Sun May 17th, 2009, 10:38 PM
willb rocking the hawk eh?

willb003
Sun May 17th, 2009, 10:52 PM
willb rocking the hawk eh?

Hellz yeah:rock:

Ceez
Sun May 17th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Zach, I had an autographed pic for you cousin.

MetaLord 9
Mon May 18th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Good ride kids, now start show'n up to bike nights and reminding everyone who ya are! 'cause I'm not so good with 90 new names on a Sunday morning...

Slo
Mon May 18th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Good short ride, glad to only hear of 1 slight mishap...

Maybe next time a wee bit longer route haha.

CBRSue
Mon May 18th, 2009, 08:27 AM
What a great turnout! It was good to see the ol' gang and to see lots of new faces, too! :)

Slo
Mon May 18th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Sue congrats on the bike, definitely one of my favorite graphics on any bike!!!!

Horsman
Mon May 18th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Great time - fun ride - wish it was longer.
Chris is right - come to bike night... 90 names on a Sunday morning is tough...
Who was the only Mishap???

MetaLord 9
Mon May 18th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Horsman, edit your post man...

Horsman
Mon May 18th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Horsman, edit your post man...
Edited??? Did the Mishap happen during/after Alibis???

CBRSue
Mon May 18th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Sue congrats on the bike, definitely one of my favorite graphics on any bike!!!!

:D

P.S. Dirk posted up a Wednesday meet. You gonna make it? You better, as we've already got you booked as the evening's entertainment! Hee, hee!

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31780

Slo
Mon May 18th, 2009, 09:00 AM
:D

P.S. Dirk posted up a Wednesday meet. You gonna make it? You better, as we've already got you booked as the evening's entertainment! Hee, hee!

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31780

Oh no!!!! And to think that I have been on good behavior..... hmmmm, for a while now??? Of course I will be there!!!

Violator
Mon May 18th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Really enjoyed this event, thanks to leaders and sweepers for accurate organization, nice to meet ya all! Hoping to see ya on next event soon

dirkterrell
Mon May 18th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Oh no!!!! And to think that I have been on good behavior..... hmmmm, for a while now???

You definitely need a break then. :)

Dirk

Wyck
Mon May 18th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Great times everyone! Nice to meet a few new people :)

Horsman
Mon May 18th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Great times everyone! Nice to meet a few new people :)
and you'll never order anything Vegetarian from Gibby's ever again!!!:banghead:

Sleev
Mon May 18th, 2009, 11:27 AM
and you'll never order anything Vegetarian from Gibby's ever again!!!:banghead:
waaa? the mac and cheese was decent

Sleev
Mon May 18th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Great time - fun ride - wish it was longer.
Chris is right - come to bike night... 90 names on a Sunday morning is tough...
Who was the only Mishap???
Jess tipped over at 0mph

(but you didn't hear it from me)

MetaLord 9
Mon May 18th, 2009, 11:33 AM
dude. seriously?

Airreed
Mon May 18th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Good Noob ride!
Got to meet alot of new faces due to not riding last year (Iraq).
I've done a couple of these rides and this was by far the largest ride to date.
Good to see the Colorado Springs Crew come up too!

Bottom Line: No tickets! and no crashes (dropping your bike doesnt count) and no one got lost!

Albertsons = Staples

Horsman
Mon May 18th, 2009, 11:42 AM
waaa? the mac and cheese was decent

Poor Christina waited for like an hour... She was starving...

MetaLord 9
Mon May 18th, 2009, 11:44 AM
SAFEWAY = Staples
fixed. :lol:

CBRSue
Mon May 18th, 2009, 12:06 PM
We went the wrong way to the right place with the wrong name... but what fun! :)

Sleev
Mon May 18th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Y, service at that place was pretty rough

someday I will find that elusive Albertsons in Conifer...

Slo
Mon May 18th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Yeah last time I was there, the staffing sucked b*lls. Drink took forever, let alone the food.

Horsman
Mon May 18th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Yeah last time I was there, the staffing sucked b*lls. Drink took forever, let alone the food.

I don't think they were ready for all of us.

Jason ON
Mon May 18th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Good ride guys. Granted, there were some logistical issues which we were able to over come, but we finished with all the bikes we started with and I think we even gained one.

Short Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJrCBvZ7kbU) <== right around 6:45 is when we picked up the extra rider, he passes us going the opposite direction, turns around and starts following. I can't remember his name, but he rode to Staples (Safeway) with us.

Post Ride Review: what have we learned?

1. Safeway = Staples in McVaaaah-land.
2. You don't need to be moving to drop your bike. aka: a bike can go down at 0mph.
3. Gibby's can't handle CSC (not really n00b ride related, but pertinent none-the-less)

rrjockey
Mon May 18th, 2009, 01:57 PM
^^^ me and my bike in the same picture. Shoulda got my good side.

I have a couple of pictures of your good side. She was riding a red ninja. PM me your email address and I'll send them to you. They were taking while riding. Nice you have meet you and your good side this weekend. RR'ing

MetaLord 9
Mon May 18th, 2009, 02:22 PM
How many red ninjas were there??

Horsman
Mon May 18th, 2009, 02:26 PM
How many red ninjas were there??
he got a good picture of you on your good side Chris... wink wink... PM him PM him!!!! LOL....
OMG - I am laughing too hard - I am going to get fired... LOL....

Devaclis
Mon May 18th, 2009, 02:26 PM
1 is too many

MetaLord 9
Mon May 18th, 2009, 02:27 PM
he got a good picture of you on your good side Chris... wink wink...
I don't remember swallowing a camera. :dunno:

MetaLord 9
Mon May 18th, 2009, 02:27 PM
1 is too many
It's also the lonliest number. Is that why you and your lonely DRZ left the party? :(

Horsman
Mon May 18th, 2009, 02:29 PM
It's also the lonliest number. Good Song, Three Dog Night!!! Damn Skippy, you weren't even born when that song came out...

Jason ON
Mon May 18th, 2009, 02:29 PM
I had the only SV1k. Chris, sometimes it's cool to be different. Except for Dana.

Devaclis
Mon May 18th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I left because I knew what kind of a cluster the ride was going to be. I hate being right.

I had a fun ride tho. The leader was an asshole, the sweeper was trying to kill me. I was the only one who enjoyed the route we picked.

Nick_Ninja
Mon May 18th, 2009, 02:40 PM
The route to Alibi's.

Horsman
Mon May 18th, 2009, 03:03 PM
The route to Alibi's.

I have learned my lesson from last night... I am never leaving Alibis... evar:drink:
(I am closing that place down in the future)!!!!
Just keep pouring the Fireballs....

Jason ON
Mon May 18th, 2009, 03:18 PM
What happened at Alibis? Free tab for everyone under 5 feet?

Horsman
Mon May 18th, 2009, 03:46 PM
What happened at Alibis? Free tab for everyone under 5 feet?
Damn, No, they had a great time after I left... I went home too earlier. No Free Tabs, Chris still had to pay for his beer.

Gainer
Mon May 18th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Damn, No, they had a great time after I left... I went home too earlier. No Free Tabs, Chris still had to pay for his beer.

That's right, you missed out!!!!!! Helluva time!!!!!

Devaclis
Mon May 18th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Chili dogs on the porch FTW :)

Nick_Ninja
Mon May 18th, 2009, 04:04 PM

You know what they say about runnin with the BIG DOGS............... porch ------ I gotcha.

Horsman
Mon May 18th, 2009, 04:09 PM
That's right, you missed out!!!!!! Helluva time!!!!!

Ughghghhghghghhghghgghhghghghghghgh............... ...........:banghead:

Horsman
Mon May 18th, 2009, 04:15 PM

C-Dogs sound good...

You know what they say about runnin with the BIG DOGS............... porch ------ I gotcha.

I am a Big Dog now... but it was a Skewl Night!!!! ( i can't stay out that late!!!)

Devaclis
Mon May 18th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Psh, we were in bed by 11-ish

Violator
Mon May 18th, 2009, 04:32 PM
So, when will be the next N0x0b ride?

Jason ON
Mon May 18th, 2009, 05:07 PM

Well, you all went out and had a good time after I left. I was too tired.

SailorMeff
Thu May 21st, 2009, 03:43 AM
Man it would have been awesome if someone had gotten some video of all those bikes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpMI7yhvJ0w

Ceez
Thu May 21st, 2009, 04:56 AM
Man it would have been awesome if someone had gotten some video of all those bikes...

:headbang::up:

NICE

Zach929rr
Thu May 21st, 2009, 08:54 AM

Nice dude!

Slo
Thu May 21st, 2009, 09:12 AM
Nice but I think I have a headache after watching that haha.

Zach929rr
Thu May 21st, 2009, 09:17 AM
I know! Helmet cam makes me dizzy. :D And PM me back Jay. Friggin slacker.

McVaaahhh
Thu May 21st, 2009, 09:39 AM
Great ride everyone, glad there were no major mishaps or tickets, only a leader that didn't know where he was going. :lol:

Gainer
Thu May 21st, 2009, 09:46 AM
Great ride everyone, glad there were no major mishaps or tickets, only a leader that didn't know where he was going. :lol:

+1

I had a great time and was fortunate to lead a really good group. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

Zach929rr
Thu May 21st, 2009, 10:35 AM

LOL. Did Brain get lost?

Reyven
Thu May 21st, 2009, 11:01 AM
+1

I had a great time and was fortunate to lead a really good group. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

:yay: we had an awesome leader. Thanks Gainer!

Gainer
Thu May 21st, 2009, 11:34 AM
:yay: we had an awesome leader. Thanks Gainer!

Thank you!!! It was great riding with you. Don't forget the amazing sweeping abilities of Sortarican. Hopefully, we will get a chance to ride together again sometime soon.

Reyven
Thu May 21st, 2009, 11:37 AM
Thank you!!! It was great riding with you. Don't forget the amazing sweeping abilities of Sortarican. Hopefully, we will get a chance to ride together again sometime soon.

Big thanks to Sortarican too! Another ride would be awesome.

dirkterrell
Thu May 21st, 2009, 11:42 AM
Don't forget the amazing sweeping abilities of Sortarican.

http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/sweeper_415x569.jpg

Dirk

Matty
Thu May 21st, 2009, 12:15 PM
^^^^^ Hahaha... even looks like Jeff.

McVaaahhh
Thu May 21st, 2009, 12:33 PM
LOL. Did Brain get lost?

We won't go into details at this time...

Gainer
Thu May 21st, 2009, 12:52 PM
We won't go into details at this time...

If anyone wants details just ask me, I love details.

Horsman
Thu May 21st, 2009, 12:56 PM
details details details details details details
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a165/Repented/74333_formatted_bloodsport_rockytmn.gif

Violator
Fri May 22nd, 2009, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by SailorMeff

Niccee video :)

SailorMeff
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 09:10 AM
Niccee video :)

I saw your bike ;)

Aphrodite
Sat May 23rd, 2009, 02:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws9ock08eBA

I've been sick since the morning of the Noob ride, just finally got this one of two halfway decent vid downloaded.Not as good a video as the others, but the ride is recorded in my history as a good ride.